1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Accidentally opened my sorceress in 1.13 so i need to build a new one. Luckily i wasn't that far into the game (NM Act 1), and had stored some of my findings so this time it should be a bit easier.

Need to be more careful in the future.

@WoRG, @Derklord you guys have the numbers and lvls =) Have you some programming skills? I'd like a program which tells me exactly how much MF I need to get that item from that mob in that difficulty. Is that too much? =)
My programming skills are rather limited, but I'm fairly good with Excel, and created a calculator in it (it's part of my spreadsheet containing all the tables from the MPQ).
I remade the calculator in Google Docs, check it out! To edit, click File -> Make a copy.
Yay, I can post links!

The ATMA calculator works fine if you use the fix that was posted somewhere in this thread.

Looks good! Is there somewhere a list of set item qlvls? I have a sheet for uniques.

m4ke

As far as I know, all items in a set have the same qlvl.
Code:
Arctic Gear 3
Hsarus' Defense 4
Berserker's Garb 5
Cleglaw's Brace 6
Infernal Tools 7
Death's Disguise 8
Sigon's Complete Steel 9
Isenhart's Armory 11
Civerb's Vestments 13
Cathan's Traps 15
Angelical Raiment 17
Vidala's Rig 19
Arcanna's Tricks 20
Cow King's Leathers 20
Sander's Folly 20
Iratha's Finery 21
M'avina's Battle Hymn 21
Natalya's Odium 22
Milabrega's Regalia 23
Tal Rasha's Wrappings 26
Tancred's Battlegear 27
Hwanin's Majesty 28
Aldur's Watchtower 29
Trang-Oul's Avatar 32
Sazabi's Grand Tribute 34
Immortal King 37
The Disciple 39
Orphan's Call 41
Naj's Ancient Set 43
Griswold's Legacy 44
Bul-Kathos' Children 50
Heaven's Brethren 55

Found an armor stand that drops Pavice(0 ticks), Monarch(3), Dragon shield(4) and Vortex shield(5).

Stashed some Monarchs and started to run all the others by turns.

Vortex done:
View attachment 15070

Two to go and next rack =)

m4ke

30 allres and I racked it coz I thought class specified set item drops quickly. And it did.

m4ke

Someone asked like years ago in this thread that is Sazabi's set good for a barb merc? I don't think that was never commented. I try again. Is it?

m4ke

Depends on your alternatives. Nice are the HP bonus, 30 all res, and good damage. What the set lacks is CB, MDR, and MF. Against lots of small packets of magical damage (Trav, CS, anything MSLE), MDR is better than a HP boost, and when running Meppel or Baal, you probably need MF. Lack of CB is also very noticable, I tried switching from BKs sword to a Ginther's Rift on my sorc, and noticed a significant drop in kill speed against LIs.

It would be the 0 MF switch gear since I finally got 375 on my sorc and barb has Ptopaz Tals body + 3Ptopaz hat to hit 556. I need a switch gear to run for sets.

Now he is using Sazabis for sets and the runs are so easy (Raven and Summoner) that I think it's quite a same what he wears (0 MF though). I'd like anyway to go for the best so that's why I'm asking.

m4ke

I Coded and @Derklord provided MF formula for a Java program that is a bit extented @WoRG 's MF table with mlvl & qlvl.

It gives mostly same numbers but there are small diffeences that can't be rounding issues. We don't know why is that..

1.07 MF Caps - Google Drive

Try it and leave a comment.

Code:
javaw -jar Diablo2_107_mf_calc.jar

m4ke

Cubed some sapphires and got 2 fine rings.
Code:
Prefix 1092 Ring of the Apprentice
Required Level: 3
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x4fe060d4
10% Faster Cast Rate
+35 to Mana After Each Kill
That's my first with FCR.
Code:
Prefix 1092 Ring
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0x18671c5d
+34 to Mana After Each Kill
My 3rd one over +30.

m4ke

Edit: Started running and Titans is in the same run than Arkaines so I get it too.
Code:
Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage: 19 to 68
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 56
Quantity: 48
(Amazon Only)
Required Dexterity: 118
Required Level: 42
Javelin Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x59031f67
+15 to Strength
+30 to Life
+60% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20-30 lightning damage
Knockback
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
+3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
Replenishes Quantity
I didn't know those can get +3 to java?? Never seen one though.

Last edited:
They can but I haven't got +3, either. I forget if it's possible in NM LK to have +3 or not

Rack manipulating thingy. I dont't remember I've seen this:
Code:
1. Take WP to LK (for example). Do racks with minion manipulations as you like.
1.1 You get one set of items with manipulating.
2. Take WP to LK. Take WP to Spider forrest (or something else, NOT DOCKS). Take WP to LK. Do racks with minion manipulations as you like.
2.1 You get another set of items with manipulating.

- You can make racks in LK (for example) to drop all different when you WP to a NEW PLACE (not docks) as many times as you have WP's.
- You must visit LK (for example) between different WP's to tick racks.

m4ke

Edit: WP to another act gives also different drops =) Unlimited drops (almost =) with 1 map !!

Last edited:
Worth considering if you have 2 good WP placements, I guess. Interesting.

Is it consistent?

ie Area A, then B, then back to A will (usually) produce the same results if you then click on the rack?

I ment that any WP to new area and back will tick racks.

I've tested that with my balrog map.
- I WP to LK
- I get armour A

- WP to LK then KB and back to LK
- I get drop B

And repeat. NEW area.

And that works with minion manipulation. Any WP to NEW area and back will tick the rack.

m4ke

Edit: I have not tested how this works with racks ie LK and KB if you run them both.
And 100% stable racks give 100% same results with WP thingy.

Edit2: This looks my Balgog & Titans LK with WP's (ticks)
Code:
0 WP:

Sharkskin belt, Greaves(1), Field plate(2), Round shield(3), Ogre gauntels(4), BALROG SKIN(5), Battle cauntlets(6)

Battle hammer, Matrialcal pike(1), Winged harpoon(2), Ceremonial javelin(3), Stygian pilum(4), Small cresent(5), Bec-de-corbin(6)
-------------------------
1 WP:

Ancient shield, Crown(1), Mesh armor(2), Vambraces(3), Circlet(4), Wire fleece(5), Sexton trophy(6)

Brainstock, Giant tresher(1), War club(2), Excetutioner sword(3), Ghost spear(4), Maiden pike(5), Tabar(6)
-------------------------
2 WP:

Embossed plate, Tower shield(1), War belt(2), Coronet(3), Vambirebone gloves(4), War boots(5), Gilded shield(6)

Ettin axe, Lance(1), Feral axe(2), Flying axe(3), Balrog spear(4), War hammer(5), Bec-de-corbin(6)
--------------------------
3 WP:

Casque, Sash(1), Sun spirit(2), Sun spirit(3), Diamond mail(4), Luna(5), Earth spirit(6)

Fanged knife, Falcata(1), Champion axe(2), Mat java(3), Ogre axe(4), Thunder maul(5), War pike(6)

Last edited:
I have run my Arkys rack for 1.1k times and got 6 greens so far. I have Arkys and Tals in same rack too and I've 4 Tals bodys so I decided to run that rack for Arkys too.

Run 80:
View attachment 15169
No greens before that.

m4ke

Managed to cube one of these:

Prefix 1092 Ring
Item Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0x3e3f9df7
+14 to Mana After Each Kill

Did not take that many tries. Maybe four or so.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High