1.07 News, Info and Gossip

@Derklord Excellent work! Easily the most comprehensive and accurate list for 1.07 I've seen, you even got the differences in maxsox on midrange exceptional armors!
Thanks. I've added lists for weapons. Looks uglier with all those spoilers, but now it's extensive. Most info is simply copy-pasted from the data in the MPQ, the most work was actually finding a bow to test the coded caps (although the game did reward me with a +21HP cold skiller).

Does anyone know whether the speed breakpoints for WW are the same as in later patches?

I also use Wizardspike for the off-hand. Apart from that, the HP weapons (Grandfather, Baranas, or Doombringer) are obvious candidates. BK's mythic sword is an easy to get option that's very nice if you're using BK's colossus blade main-hand. For someone unwilling to rack uniques, Sazabi's full set might actually be a viable budget option.
I was actually using Ginther's Rift prior to lvl61 (which can be MF run from Baal hell), and the 20 MDR made quite a difference in hell CS (alongside Viper).

Last edited:
I went looking for Colossus Blade rack. Didn't find yet but one quite fine I think.

Lower Kurast Camp hut weapon rack:
Code:
Decapitator(0 ticks)
Short spear(1)
Scepter(2)
Hydra edge(3)
Cryptic axe(4)
Bone knife(5)
Wrist spike(6)
Armor stand nearby is unstable.

Kurast Bazaar weapon+armor house:
Code:
Grand scepter(1)
(Weapon rack gave just junk)
Wambraces(0)
Vampirefang belt(1)
Protector shield(2)
Fetish trophy(3)
Wyrmhide boots(4)
Russet armor(5) (I don't bold this coz I have one in NM)
So I went running for crafting materials =) Did 27 runs (stopped to write this) and found 0 gold bone knives and 0 blue Wambraces. But I got 3(!!!) Green Grand scepters coz I thought to make some money with these runs too =) Funny.

m4ke

Edit:

Continued running and run 30(!):
View attachment 15022

How many I'll need?

Edit2:

Run 45, still no blue gloves but:
View attachment 15023
That's 4(!) =)

Edit3:

Run 51 and it's 5 =) What's wrong with this game..
Run 52 and I got blue gloves. Next belt.

Last edited:
More running.. I lost my Skulders map due to user error and so I had to find a new one. Took some time but found finally and started running that.

Run 25:
View attachment 15024

Been a good day =)

m4ke

Cubed some topazes and emeralds. No greens or golden but a few nice dual-res rings I stashed.

So what's bugging in this:
Code:
Prefix 1087 Ring
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x272e0b28
Poison Resist +55%

m4ke

Edit:

Does anybody know the MF breakpoints for Normal act bosses? I'm missing Lots of low lvl sets for example. I was rushing some newbies in normal and forgot my Blood Raven gear on and bosses dropped all green and rare. I'd like to know the numbers. @WoRG ? =)

Last edited:
That ring isn't bugged, its just the poison res ring recipe and a poison res prefix (Viridian or Emerald) stacking. The maximum would be 86 66!

Does anybody know the MF breakpoints for Normal act bosses? I'm missing Lots of low lvl sets for example. I was rushing some newbies in normal and forgot my Blood Raven gear on and bosses dropped all green and rare. I'd like to know the numbers.
I think the exact number depends on what you want and which boss you run, although there are ranges where there's little or no change (especially on normal, but you won't want to run that). I haven't seen any exact formula, sadly. From my own calculations and playing with ATMA's drop calculator, I've found these numbers: 494 for normal, 122 for nightmare, 52 for hell. Immortal King's Will, the only class specific item that can drop from act bosses, has lower numbers, but I don't think anyone is overly interested in that thing.

Last edited:
That table does not include the calculation based on IIRC qlvl and mlvl that somehow reduce the needed value a bit. I could give you the exact number based on the formula in the guide (512.63), but that doesn't do you much good, because you actually want less than that. Fruit mentioned that without giving a formula, check posts #4207 and #4749 (I can't link yet).

Last edited:
Yes you are right about those mlvl - qlvl. It just doesn't change the numbers too much. I like simple and easy to use like that WoRG's table =)

m4ke

Shopped BO-knives for my Travi Barb, took some time but got one with life tap charges.

Then back to running..

Total run 41:
View attachment 15033

Still missing ehh..lots of items =)

m4ke

Edit: Got second green at run 79. This is enought for now.

Last edited:
First hit from balrog skin rack, Run 336:
View attachment 15034
m4ke

Edit: Got next run a green again =) What's the record of greens before golden? =)
Edit2: Make that three..

Last edited:
For someone unwilling to rack uniques, Sazabi's full set might actually be a viable budget option.

Run 9(!):
View attachment 15041

Now I have full Sazabi's. And Wizzy, LoH, Guillaumes(?).

What about boots and belt? Fast running boots and Mavina's Tenet? I have IK boots and Tenet.

Any suggestions?

Only problem is that my barb is at lvl 53 =) 20 lvls quickly in Hell cows with my zon.. =)

m4ke

Edit: And what about merc?

Max stacked rez on cubed resistance rings is 66% (automod is 6-36%, max individual resist on a ring is 30%)

I can extend the MF table for Nightmare Champs/Uniques and Normal Act Bosses, but the numbers get pretty silly:
Code:
          Act Boss(H)  Champ/Unique(H)  Act Boss(NM)  Champ/Unique(NM)  Act Boss(N)
Unique       556%          3097%          1250%           6968%           5004%
Rare         100%           608%           225%           1368%            900%
Set           57%           375%           129%            843%            513%
CS Unique    271%          1542%           609%           3469%           2439%
CS Rare       49%           328%           109%            738%            441%
CS Set        40%           282%            90%            633%            360%
Obviously, there's no way to attain some of these MF numbers, but that's how they calc out.

The listing for class specific uniques for act bosses is something of a red herring, as no act boss can drop any CS Uniques, the TC is too high... also note that elite CS items get a bonus and will need less MF (only affects rares, as there are no elite CS uniques, and no droppable elite CS set items)

WoRG

Thanks! But weird =) I had 376% on my sorc and merc when I (or merc) killed Norm act bosses and they dropped lots of greens.. Can't figure.

m4ke

Max stacked rez on cubed resistance rings is 66% (automod is 6-36%, max individual resist on a ring is 30%)
Is the affix table lying? :eek:

Can't figure.
I can - it's a misconception of how MF works. MF is not an on/off switch, it's a mathematical function. It's true that MF starts with little effect until you're nearing the caps, and for uniques from hell bosses, you need 428 MF before the chance even reaches 10%, but for set items, it's a different story. Even with 0% MF; bosses already have a 19.98% chance to drop them. At 376%MF, the chance is 48.37%. And that's without the mlvl&qlvl stuff that I really could use a formula for one of these days.

Edit: This is what the graph for the function looks like.
View attachment 15042
For comparison, the graph for uniques from bosses in hell, i.e. the 556%MF thing. You can see how the rise is much steeper, which is why you don't see many uniques unless you're pretty close to the cap. You also start much lower (2.5% chance).
View attachment 15044

Last edited:
The highest (31-40%) individual rez affixes (Ruby, Sapphire, Amber, Emerald) only spawn on Amulets, Circlets, and Boots...Rings are limited to the (21-30%) rez affixes (Garnet, Cobalt, Coral, Jade), which makes the max stacked rez on a ring 66%

The adjustment for mlvl is [(mlvl-qlvl)/6], subtracted from the base chance in the MF formula. For example, if Hell Nihlathak (mlvl98) drops a ring (qlvl1)...[97/6]=16, the base chance the ring will be unique is 1/984, rare 1/184, and set 1/109. This is the most extreme example of that adjustment (highest mlvl, lowest qlvl).

WoRG

Argh, I'm stupid, I forgot that the affix list also contains the classic ones, and missed that I was looking at those. Sorry about the misinformation. No wonder the number did seem too high! That I have been playing a lot 1.00 lately doesn't help, either!

Thanks for the formula, too!

Last edited:
@WoRG, @Derklord you guys have the numbers and lvls =) Have you some programming skills? I'd like a program which tells me exactly how much MF I need to get that item from that mob in that difficulty. Is that too much? =)

m4ke

@m4ke
While it will involve a bit of working backwards and tweaking the numbers you input, the ATMA drop calc will do that.

I've thought that ATMA dropcalc doesn't work for 1.07. That's what I've read..

m4ke

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High