1.07 News, Info and Gossip

About 1200 runs into trying to rack a skulders I was using ATMA to transfer some charms around. Which somehow resulted in ATMA corrupting my Sorc and reverting her back to level one with no gear. I don't know if I really have the desire to start a new sorc again.

Look in your save directory, there should be a list of files like "(character name)_001.org". Delete the numbers off the end and change the ".org" to ".d2s". Delete any dupes that may have occurred and get back to running the rack ;)

You are my hero.

Hello again ;)

Just got a small question: I found a beautiful LK map which has
a 8/10 Russet Armor rack, a stable Lacquered Plate rack, an unstable
Bone Knife rack and finally a stable Tschako rack.

After running about 750 times up and down I ask myself: is the
quality level of Tal Rasha's Guardianship to high so that it´s not
possible to obtain it in LK? Item level in LK is 87, I read this thread
and it says:

"...
Armory (qlvl [qlvl of the unique] / rarity)
(sets have very low qlvl compared to their item type, that's why your can't see their stats here) ...
Lacquered Plate: 84 / 3 ..."

Does this men that it´s impossible that Tal Rasha´s Guardianship can
drop because of its rarity or is the quality level higher than 87?

Last edited:
No the qlvl is much lower. You can rack Tal's armor from lower kurast. The only thing unrackable in 1.07 LK is sacred armors (ilvl 8.8) and The Cranium Basher (qlvl 91). For those you need upper kurast and act 5 accordingly.

Don't worry everyone once I get to hell RoF in 1.00 I'll probably return to the boring reality that is racking. Maybe go for some of the interesting exceptional uniques I haven't found yet

No the qlvl is much lower. You can rack Tal's armor from lower kurast. The only thing unrackable in 1.07 LK is sacred armors (ilvl 8.8) and The Cranium Basher (qlvl 91). For those you need upper kurast and act 5 accordingly.
Thanks for this clarification.
Your post motivated me to run another 200 times and then
I had two of them ;) Crazy world of random drop generator ...

So long, Tom

Finally!
uFzypSB.jpg

K5UrH4h.jpg

I didn't know that 1.07 Skulders had more MDR and +30 Vit over a 1.09+ one.

So what gear should I be trying to get for a 1.07 sorc.

Saying for a 556 MF setup I would need
74 Shako + Topaz
124 Skulders + Topaz @ lvl 80
30 Goldwrap
100 2x Gull Daggers
45 War Travs
40 Chance Guards
60 2x Nagel Rings
35 Magic MF Amulet

That still puts me 48 MF short of my goal assuming I can get perfect versions of everything. Granted putting 4x P topaz armor and a 3x P topaz helm on my merc and just staticing act bosses to almost nothing would probably be a better idea.

less MF on you, lots of MF on merc.
Use static to sliver bosses and allow merc to get the kill. Another skullder's (or tal's) for your merc is worth your time imo (and shako)

If you're going to do 2x weapon glitch, i'd say wizzy + wizzy or wizy + gull is your best bet. After all, you'll want some res and fcr...

nagel only gives 15 MF iirc so you're better off with some blues... though you may struggle to find them. You can also get over 35 MF on amulets I'm pretty sure

Static is the way to go. Don't forget those 4mf scs too; they'll let you get those last poins and may free up some gear slots.

As you can only dual wield on one swap, it might be better to use Milabrega's Orb with an MF jewel in it. You can use MF jewels in gulls too, but then you'll have to stick to weapon/shield on main swap.

Rack another skullders for merc, then get some more levels. You'll want to hit lvl 91 at least for the +3 skilltab crafts.

I remember reading articles of beta players back then. Tried to find some earlier this year, but was unable to do so, which is a shame.

I'm not good at google-fu but if you limit the month and year of your search you could probably get some results

@Yann I can't remember where I found it but check these out.
LoD Beta: http://sirian.warpcore.org/diablo2/beta/d2xbeta.html (May 2001)
Classic Beta: http://www.xtremetek.com/reviews/index.php?id=14 (April 2000)

Some pages aren't linked on the main page of Sirian's reports but you can go to them by changing "beta-5.html" to "beta-1.html" etc... Also notice that he was playing "1.44", which I believe 1.07 was based on given that it was built around the time of his beta report :)

EDIT: here's an item from his report during 1.48. This was the last patch and similar to 1.08.
beta-b-12.jpg

@Pringlesman The red X's are the wounded barbarians in Malah's shop. They probably intended them to be part of a quest.

Also there are barbarian warriors in Act 5 that will follow you around! They won't go out of town sadly, but it's kinda fun. Deckard Cain as you see is by the Waypoint (like on bnet-they must have forgot to change it). And has the "Return to Hell".

Malah doesn't sell the same items she does in 1.07 but she doesn't sell throwing potions like the other merchants.

The rest will be kept secret until the beta tourney begins! But to give you an insight on what to expect:
- Different animations
- Different items
- Skills rebalanced
- More leftovers from Classic (think about the unpopular things 1.07 introduced--not in the beta!)
- Act 5 is noticeably different
- Some sounds are changed
- No runewords except Ancient's Pledge (must have been server-side)
- "The Constricting Ring" is spawnable but with weaker stats! Most monsters on hell can drop it.

Last edited:
from page 3:
"No, I'm talking about resistance rings: two topaz and a ring, to make a coral ring; a ruby, four exploding potions and a ring, to make a garnet ring; a saph and four thawing; an emerald and four antidotes."

Do you need that many pots for the ring recipes in the beta? Good to make note of that. Also might be worth making a thread for 1.07 beta just for info dumping, even if your modded playable version isn't allowed here

edit: further reading leads me to believe he's talking about a classic recipe because he mentioned it being changed to 1 pot
edit2: same page, he shows a runeword display bug. does that happen in 1.07? He says that the display wasn't fixed until it was dropped on the ground (it just appeared to be gemmed w/o any extra affixes at first)

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High