Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Windows 8 + StartIsBack is just as good as 7. I only have a laptop with 8, so I have no experience building my own.

I've heard Win8 is a bit of a stretch for most users, and I generally avoid "new" Windows for a year or so after release. They tend to discover bugs as people use them, and then patch them pretty quickly. By 6months -> a year, most of the serious bugs have been found (by users,) and patched, and a new Windows is already in development.

Good to know there is general consent against Windows 8 though.
I'll probably stick with Win7, or 10 if that isn't possible.

I think I'll stick with onlinecomputers, possibly despite /some/ negative reviews, as I do think I used them several years ago for this laptop, which has served its purpose pretty well... Unless I can find something better on Umart (which used to be quite a reputable QLD company years ago, and still appear very strong.) I believe onlineC has been around for quite a while, so can't be completely aweful. Definitely in need of an upgrate.
Just, In My Mind, wondering about getting the SSD as a backup HDD. I wish I knew more about them, but it appears that they aren't very common within this forum.

*prepares self as guinea pig*

So, it's like tequila - if you have 7 shots of tequila, you're in a great place, a really good dancer, and everything is as it should be. You throw down that 8th shot, and all Hell breaks loose - the neighbors are calling the cops about you trying to rappel off the balcony, someone put fireworks in the oven and turned on the broiler, and a pony no one has seen before somehow ended up in the bathtub. Undaunted, you push through, and sink a 9th and 10th shot - suddenly, the sun appears from behind some clouds, you find your wallet, and it turns out that's not the police at the door but some guy bringing you burritos. We've all been there.
Yep I've been there.

I switched from an hdd to a ssd a couple years ago. The increase in speed is quite noticable, and I really like it a lot. Never had any problems with it, so I don't know about that. Lost power plenty of times without problem, that's all I can say.

I switched from an hdd to a ssd a couple years ago. The increase in speed is quite noticable, and I really like it a lot. Never had any problems with it, so I don't know about that. Lost power plenty of times without problem, that's all I can say.
A good electrician should be able to help you with your power outage problems.

That's gonna be a problem. I bet he doesn't know any. :D

Went to get my hair cut yesterday. The young lady cutting me hair asked me if i knew i'm starting to turn grey. GREY for crying out loud. Guess i can't keep telling myself i'm still 18. :( The hairdresser also seemed to find it quite amusing for some reason.

At least i got a handful of things done that needed doing during my holiday. One task included making my shed spiderweb free(ish). Not the most fun thing to do during a holiday, but at least it looks a lot better now. And with list quickly getting shorter i may be able to go the second half of my holiday without any tasks at all (except regular household jobs).

A good electrician should be able to help you with your power outage problems.
That's out of my hands most of the time. I could install a backup generator I guess, but that seems a bit excessive. An APC would be a much easier option I think.
That's gonna be a problem. I bet he doesn't know any. :D

Went to get my hair cut yesterday. The young lady cutting me hair asked me if i knew i'm starting to turn grey. GREY for crying out loud. Guess i can't keep telling myself i'm still 18. :( The hairdresser also seemed to find it quite amusing for some reason.

At least i got a handful of things done that needed doing during my holiday. One task included making my shed spiderweb free(ish). Not the most fun thing to do during a holiday, but at least it looks a lot better now. And with list quickly getting shorter i may be able to go the second half of my holiday without any tasks at all (except regular household jobs).
Lol, how rude!

Well given that the Australian redback spider managed to colonise Japan, US is not that far away...

Anyone seen the mutant Funnel Web spider that's been in the news lately. It's partially red in colour: BLOOD RED!!!!

[youtube]e1j-MieDmP0[/youtube]

On a different note, two years ago the course that I teach was transferred from government management to industry management. The first thing they did was to change the whole direction of the course, would you believe that in a food science and technology course organic chemistry is not a core unit?!? At the time I wrote the industry skills council that oversees the course a letter of complaint, but they somehow forgot to reply. Fast forward to today and the skills council has had to open up the course to "public" consultation to get feedback on the direction of the course. They cannot fail to respond now. *evil laugh*

On a different note, two years ago the course that I teach was transferred from government management to industry management. The first thing they did was to change the whole direction of the course, would you believe that in a food science and technology course organic chemistry is not a core unit?!? At the time I wrote the industry skills council that oversees the course a letter of complaint, but they somehow forgot to reply. Fast forward to today and the skills council has had to open up the course to "public" consultation to get feedback on the direction of the course. They cannot fail to respond now. *evil laugh*

Well, that was unexpected!!! I have received an email from the industry council saying that they are trying to get approval for a major review of the course and they have asked me whether I would consider joining the "technical review group" if the review gets off the ground! What just happened?

Well given that the Australian redback spider managed to colonise Japan, US is not that far away...
Close enough to hit you with a nuke.
Anyone seen the mutant Funnel Web spider that's been in the news lately. It's partially red in colour: BLOOD RED!!!!

[youtube]e1j-MieDmP0[/youtube]
Yeah, we're definitely sending over a nuke or two.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High