1.07 News, Info and Gossip

You shouldn't need to kill the monsters, so I'd try it a few times skipping the monsters but trying the route.

LK runner would benefit most. :D (fcr + frw)

Other than that obvi trapper and zond both benefit a lot from frw and ias, and fcr doesn't hurt for sins who use teleport since they have to try to balance the two since ias is used for trap casting afaik.

I've not actually done a Trap Sin yet (or any Sin in 1.13) - sounds like a good use for one of these Valk Wings.

My pindlebarb is actually using my forwarded valk on his merc to get decrep/might up fast in lieu of enigma for the moment. It also combos well with Treachery for hitting FHR/IAS breakpoints.

24 green balrog skins.... *yawn*

Trying to break some kind of a record huh?

I got 22 greens before Vampire Gaze dropped yesterday, but that's calculating both the Winded Helms and Grim Helms this map drops. nr. 13 Guillaume's now and no sight of Valkyrie Wing. I don't even need it ( I have two already, but this rack was on the way to Grim Helm rack.) Like I can stop now anymore before it drops :D

Make that 25. I'm almost ready to give up but I feeel like I should get it in case I want to move beyond 1.07 to 1.10 for beta BKWB... I don't think I'm crazy enough to go that far

So my direct 'porting to the Russet Armor rack for a second Skuller's finally struck gold:

Screenshot289_zps7edc8616.jpg

So now I figured out why that eth one had 250% ED - it's the wierdo way 1.07 applies the eth bonus, cuz this non-eth one just has 200%.

Well, I did want to get another level on her and try to see if that Slayer Guard rack would pop an Arreat's, so I started doing the LK circle again. One thing I've been thinking about is starting a Barb since I found that Aldur's Rhythm, and lo and behold, a monster drops one of my favorite twinking weapons (I know that stat reqs, but the Barb would be rocking a partial Sigon's anyway) - now I'm just missing the gloves:

Screenshot292_zps570e2c83.jpg

But what really surprised me was tha the Russet Armor rack wasn't done:

Screenshot298_zps3c91fa1b.jpg

So now I have one to forward.

Oh, and a nice Charm that demonstrate just how 1.07 shines in this department:

Screenshot299_zps5fd51e95.jpg

And finally the game's way to support my thinking of making a Barb, this 6 pGem recipe ammy:

Screenshot301_zps921f4538.jpg

So now I think I'm ready to get Speranta on her way to the NM Kurast Bazaar and beyond (she leveled to 59 just on these LK runs without ever entering the next area) and maybe run some Mephy for some Death's Gloves and such.

Quick question - are there any SPF restrictions on forwarding 1.07 items?

I don't think there are any restrictions in taking things forward, it's going backwards that's a no-no.

Although I've not found a stable rack yet but assuming I do, what is the odds of getting class specific uniques like Arreat's Face or Homunculus?

I got bored with D3 again, so I decided to return to D2. I was already fairly wealthy in 1.13 (grail -30) but I never got any of the awesome time travel items. So now I've started up 1.07. My sorc is lvl 44 and hanging out at NM Shenk. So far my best find is a +6 all resist small charm, and I'm sure more stuff will come.

Great racking there, RobbyD!

Welcome to the 1.07 world Mostly_Harmless! Good luck!

TheNix, Class specific uniques are 1/500.

I happened to find Homunculus a while back, stats:

Code:
Homunculus
Hierophant Trophy
Defense: 62
Chance to Block:  47%
Smite Damage: 0 to 0
Durability: 14 of 20
(Necromancer Only)
Required Strength: 58
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x141e9a10
+15% Increased Chance of Blocking
Regenerate Mana 8%
Adds 4-14 poison damage over 3 seconds
+2 to Necromancer Skill Levels
25% Damage Taken Goes to Mana
+1 to Curses (Necromancer Only)
+1 to Mana (Based on Character Level)

Arreat's is great though and Jalal's seems to be nice too. Would maybe rack a HoZ too if I come across with Gilded Shield rack, don't know if I need it for anything, but 1/500 can be quite a fast job.

Taken from the 1.07 guide:

Unique: 1000
Rare: 200
Set: 125
Magic: 30

Class specific items have roughly half these values.

I would say that the guide is right with this. I have racked only one Arreat's and one Jalal's but both of those dropped before 500 runs. (Not that this is any kind of solid evidence though).

Both my Winged Helm rack and my Russet Armor rack produced multiple uniques while my Slayer Guard rack hasn't dropped gold yet (but has dropped several green Small Shields as that is it's secondary drop item). Just goes to show that even at twice the rate, a class-specific item rack can leave you dry.

So... you're saying it's worth continuing to run that Slayer Guard rack for an Arreat's?

One more question - when I took Speranta to kill Mephy, he dropped a load of yellows - so it looks like my MF is too high for sets. I know the breakpoint for sets is 127% - but what is the breakpoint for rares?

To further that question, has anybody successfully implemented the MF formula in the 1.07 guide? I can't seem to get it to work.

Both my Winged Helm rack and my Russet Armor rack produced multiple uniques while my Slayer Guard rack hasn't dropped gold yet (but has dropped several green Small Shields as that is it's secondary drop item). Just goes to show that even at twice the rate, a class-specific item rack can leave you dry.

So... you're saying it's worth continuing to run that Slayer Guard rack for an Arreat's?

One more question - when I took Speranta to kill Mephy, he dropped a load of yellows - so it looks like my MF is too high for sets. I know the breakpoint for sets is 127% - but what is the breakpoint for rares?

To further that question, has anybody successfully implemented the MF formula in the 1.07 guide? I can't seem to get it to work.

For sure go for Arreat's if you plan to play Barbarian in 1.07, given that you can run it efficiently. (It's stable and doesn't take much time to get to..)

For the MF breakpoint question, haven't really played with the formula etc. My only experience with that is when I ran Hell Andy with 556% mf few times, that worked out, giving me bunch of uniques including that Ravenclaw I wanted :)

Taken from the 1.07 guide:

Unique: 1000
Rare: 200
Set: 125
Magic: 30

Class specific items have roughly half these values.

The way I read this is that there is a a 1:1000 chance of a unique, so half that is 0.5:1000 or 1:2000. Far closer to my experience of racking uniques.

The way I read this is that there is a a 1:1000 chance of a unique, so half that is 0.5:1000 or 1:2000.
Ah, that makes sense.

But class-specific items have always been twice as likely to be unique afaik. They are in 1.10+, iirc.

double post:

With 4 armor shrines my sorc had JUST shy of 4 million defense. BEAT THAT
(a 5th one brought me back down to ~1800)

Some of them. I believe combat shrines do. Stamina shrines and armor shrines do. Skill and res shrines do NOT

edit: btw a 5th armor shrine brought my def back down to ~1800

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High