1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

The 1.07 guide says that the auras for A2 mercs alternate randomly - that was the context of my observation. The Act V merc my Necro got does regen life, but it's slow, like a 1.13 A2 merc. Does the rate increase with level?

BTW - I think I'm going to try to make a Beauty helm and Bramble armor for the Sorc (15% mana regen on each, and 50% MF on the helm) - has anybody had a character corrupted by ATMA with these RWs?
Yes their regen seems much faster at higher levels. Should be noticeable by 60-80 if not sooner, tbh

Even Ancients Pledge doesn't work with ATMA. I tried correcting the runeword in the rune.txt data file in the 1.07 config but when that didn't work I knew the problem was beyond me. I also corrected the magicprefix.txt file to no avail.

OK - point taken - don't mess with 1.07 RWs (would never make Ancient's Pledge anyway, since 3 pDiamonds pwns it).

On my other point, I saw my A2 merc start switching between HA and Might around level 30. I plan on getting a Barb, but I'm looking for a sword to make him even a portion as deadly as the A2 merc is with that gemmed eth Lochaber Axe.

FO became available, but my Sorc's pathetic mana pool is killing me - I have a 17MPK ring on her, but that does not seem to be doing the trick - so I think I'll go sapphire hunting to try to roll a better one.

Carrying on the theme of finding things I'm not looking for, this turned up today:

Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: 48 to 162
Two-Hand Damage: 51 to 321
Durability: 43 of 50
Required Dexterity: 65
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 76
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x703c84bc
+200% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +20
Knockback
20% Increased Attack Speed
35% Chance of Crushing Blow

I've got both of them now, so what build can I make around them. I'll make a frenzier if I have to, anything else? I was going to make a Leaping Berzerker.

I take it the Trav is good to run in 1.07 too? Runes or items?

At least in 1.09, one of the council is always PI... I don't know if that's the case in 1.07, but it's harder to run in 1.09 that 1.13 for that reason (fragile merc vs PI Galeb or whoever = dead merc). I agree that Shae/Shae BK WW would be awesome because it's the only S/U setup that hits the 4fpa breakpoint, but if running Trav, I think you will need a source of Amp.

In other news, I had a very good night last night - my Pally actually started finding Sapphires, and I rolled a 30MPK/FCR ring for my Sorc THEN, she finally found a useful Orb - +2 Light Skills, +3 Cold Mastery (and some other stuff) - reqlvl 35, so she's still using that Staff she shopped a little longer, but I can now start looking for some socketed sheilds.

Now if the game would just drop a 3os eth Legend Sword, I could go ahead and hire a Barb merc.

I've sure seen a lot of Gripphon's Headresses, BTW.

If I make a barb for running council in 1.07 is it possible to survive consistently in HC on p1? I wuold think it is but I'm tempted to start one because of my Arreat's, and BK sword will be easy enough to find when I move on from my current map.
What skill/stat setup is desirable? What gear do people use in order to survive LE/MS and any conviction troubles.. I would guess LoH saves you from everything fire related, right? Skullder's armor for some MF/Mdr or?

I'm also wondering what the 15% target def does in later versions of the game, if anyone knows.

MSLE, at least in 1.09, is MUCH better dealt with using Light Absorb than MDR (and I would bet that didn't change from 1.07) - since I understand that 1.07 TGod's Vigor doesn't have it, I'd suggest Blackhorn's or Lightsabre. Doesn't solve Conviction, though - if you get MSLE Conviction, be very, very careful. The KB of Leap Attack does make the monster delay casting the sparks, though - that's what I did before learning about light absorb.

In 1.07 one (sometimes two iirc) members are PI, but berserk is there for that case.

Amplify damage is not required for good Travincal running. BK set has crazy bonus ED versus demons and LoH also. Arreat's is the end-game helm and Arkaine's the end-game armor. Some people prefer Guillame's while the barbarian isn't high level.
(I prefer using HLW than atma's)

Then load the inventory with damage (you'll kill even faster), frw and res. Life instead of frw for safety.

It's easy to get 45sec p1 trav runs. Results are crazy. Runes, gems, jewels, CHARMS. Even valk, arreat's and wizzy iirc can all drop from trav.

For HC... maybe using Shako until arkaine's is available (and even keep using it after) and load the inventory with life (or even warcry skillers). Be quick on the rejuvs, be careful with LE (iirc they don't show up often or at all, just some other monsters that might be around) and never kill a FE without having full life.

Shae in both swords. Hel in Arkaine's (or some fr). Some ias on helm/ark's for faster Berserk. Check breakpoints, maybe 2x ias/fr would be best to socket helm and armor.

A high LL ring is very helpful too, if you're lucky enough to craft one (Ko runes are very rare, but you'll get a ring like that eventually).

Which reminds me froz still has my "borrowed" LL ring from like a year ago heh

Another question and observation:

Several years ago when I played SC 1.07 without knowing anything about the game I noticed that armor shrines and stamina shrines stack (you can test this yourself by finding a second one while one is activated - I assume it goes further for some really absurd DEF). It probably also works with combat shrines but I can't remember atm and haven't tested it today. Today I tested skill shrines and a sloppy test of Exp shrines (3 of them, but just watched exp bar in cows), neither of which seemed to work. Res shrines also don't stack.

I think mana regen shrines MIGHT stack but it's tough to tell on a sorc with ~max warmth

Anyone know about this or have tested it themselves? confirmed combat boost would be nice.

I know I successfully used the armor shrine stacking to be able to kill ancient's on an untwinked/no muling zealot forever ago (50k Def here I come...), so it's not like it's completely without application

Armor shrines work differently than you might expect in this version, too.
with 1pt + skills in shiver armor I go from ~1.7k def w/o a shrine to 5k def with one and ~35k def with 2.

Questing through NM Act 2, my Sorc found her first taste of 1.07 awesomeness:

Code:
String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 94
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x17da73b6
+170% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Damage Reduced by 15%
8% Life stolen per hit

It was one of the early tomb areas, where it seemed like every other drop was a Demonhide Sash. I'm really amazed how the drops for some item types REALLY outpace others, like Gripphon's Headresses and Akaran Rondaches.

I've kept the A2 merc because I haven't found a weapon to gear a Barb merc that comes close, but I DID finally find a 3os Espandon! But, now I realize I don't have the Emeralds to fully socket that, so I'm waiting until I have 3 pEmeralds before going and getting that Barb. I think I may end up going pEmeralds in a 6os PB as a final Barb merc weapon.

Even with that 30MPK/FCR ring, I'm really struggling with that tiny mana bulb - her merc often irritates me by killing monsters before the shards can so she can get the mana. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to being able to use that crafted ring.

Quick question: Do +Stun and +Bash in a barb helm help a 1.07 Barb merc?

I'd say it's hard to beat a Guillame's as a Merc Helm. Dunno.

Questing through NM Act 2, my Sorc found her first taste of 1.07 awesomeness:

Code:
String of Ears
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 94
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 51
Fingerprint: 0x17da73b6
+170% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Damage Reduced by 15%
8% Life stolen per hit

It was one of the early tomb areas, where it seemed like every other drop was a Demonhide Sash. I'm really amazed how the drops for some item types REALLY outpace others, like Gripphon's Headresses and Akaran Rondaches.

I've kept the A2 merc because I haven't found a weapon to gear a Barb merc that comes close, but I DID finally find a 3os Espandon! But, now I realize I don't have the Emeralds to fully socket that, so I'm waiting until I have 3 pEmeralds before going and getting that Barb. I think I may end up going pEmeralds in a 6os PB as a final Barb merc weapon.

Even with that 30MPK/FCR ring, I'm really struggling with that tiny mana bulb - her merc often irritates me by killing monsters before the shards can so she can get the mana. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to being able to use that crafted ring.

Quick question: Do +Stun and +Bash in a barb helm help a 1.07 Barb merc?
WoRG posted a theory somewhere in this thread that the TCs that cannot drop (66+?) will round down in some way to TC 33 (iirc) which is why you see so many of that list, qhich I believe includes quhab, griffon's headress, etc. The sheer volume of LK patterns that are just made up of these items is astounding

Another TC87 comes my way.

Griswold's Valor
Corona
Defense: 272
Durability: 36 of 50
Required Strength: 104
Required Level: 73
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x724c7999
+64% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +5
28% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -40%
Socketed (2: 0 used)

A Ribcracker fell for my Sorc last night... and she's actually putting it to use! It's no Druid weapon, this 1.07 Ribby - but it's very nice for a fledgling FOrbress. +3 Cold skills and life/mana regen is actually pretty nice for this character.

Any advice for taking on NM Duriel? I think I might farm some Emeralds and get that Barb merc with a 3 pEmerald Espandon before taking him on (the A2 merc got knocked around pretty good in the Tombs).

One other update - I did actually find a 4os Gothic Plate (imagine that, with so few Gothic Plates falling!), and I've almost accumulated the pTopazes to put in it. I've also been hoarding stat points (been putting 3 in vitality every level), so I can go ahead and pump STR to wear it. Once I've done that, I'll go ahead and arrange for the 5 more STR points to use Sigon's shield and go with the +2 Cold Skills Orb I found a little while ago. I think this will help against Duriel.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High