1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Re: 1.07 News, Info and Gossip

I'm still considering swapping to the skullder's for MDR/MF but I'm also a bit afraid of hard hitting physical dmg monsters... I'm at 1k life with my ~190 life armor, and even though I fight plenty of MS/LE bosses I dodge the blobby bolts well enough that I never lose more than a few hundred life after an unlucky hit

I' second the recommendation for FOrb (though I haven't tried blizz) because when running things like cows or open areas with tons of monsters and while using max static you can sliver + finish off any group of monsters on the screen fairly easily

I'm planning to join the 1.07 club soon, perhaps this weekend if i have enough time. The one caveat is that I'm going to send some items forward to HC characters thus i need a 1.07 HC character, and i know very, very little about 1.07 mechanics. Any quick tips?

Thanks for the feedback - FO it is then. Guess I'm looking at:

20 Static
10+ Teleport
20 FO
10+ Shiver Armor
5+ Cold Mastery
5+ Warmth

What are the chances of reaching the 63FCR breakpoint with 1.07 gear? Would like to have some decent Static and 'port speed.

I'd never put more than one point in a cold armor. My first 1.07 has zero points in cold armor.

If you don't plan to play 1.07 for a long time I'd go for one of these two routes:
- 20SF, 20FO, 1warmth, 1teleport, 1CM then 20warmth then 20CM, rest in teleport
- 20SF, 20FO, 1warmth, 1teleport, 1CM then 20CM then 20warmth, rest in teleport
Depending on the mana you have and what will you play.

- 20SF, 20FO, 1warmth, 1teleport, 1CM then 20warmth and 20teleport
Only if you "plan" to run big LK maps.

I'm planning to join the 1.07 club soon, perhaps this weekend if i have enough time. The one caveat is that I'm going to send some items forward to HC characters thus i need a 1.07 HC character, and i know very, very little about 1.07 mechanics. Any quick tips?
Perhaps I misunderstand but you want to be able to make a HC char... you can make one in ATMA without having beaten the game in normal. I suppose you could also forward classic chars, too.

Quick tips: the rejuv bug where you can fill your belt by shift-clicking your sold rejuv back. This ofc requires either at least 3 rejuvs or a belt with 2 slots + 2 rejuvs.
If going sorc, and want to make it to act3+ and save skill points start by putting all points into static (1 warmth, tele, etc.) and buying a 2-3 frost nova staff, followed by a 2-3 glacial spike staff so that you can still deal dmg. Once you have the cube get a char to lvl 8 and park them for rolling bugged MPK rings (any quality sapphire + ring + thawing potion). A good source of these is LK chests in any difficulty.
Watch out for normal duriel's charge. Example recorded recently by me here (HC)
Apparently poison dmg is super OP on bows but I don't know the mechanics of this so only offer it as an idea to explore. You can find details on it within this thread somewhere (WoRG's posts especially)
Rack a wizzy and you only need 13 more, possibly from a circlet or jewelry.
Don't forget Valk wing gives 30% (and 30 frw which is super nice) and can be found as early as NM iirc.

My sorc has 105 fcr atm with wizzeh/valk/trang gloves + mpk/fcr ring

Well, I got my fledgling Sorc past Andy, and wanted to get an Offensive merc to help her hit with that poison bow. So I bought the ingredients for the Savage Bardiche recipe, and D'OH - no Horadric Cube!!! Luckily I have that Necro in Act 5, so I mule the ingredients to him, and what do I see in his stash?

Code:
Doom Grasp
Ring
Required Level: 31
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 56
Fingerprint: 0x58b8fd60
+14 to Energy
+135 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 12%
Damage Reduced by 1
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 2 Poison Dagger (24/25 Charges)

reDIC! lol, wut, no FCR?

Well, there's my answer to what to do for mana! I checked in-game, and the required level is actually 59, so I'll have to work on leveling her to take advantage of that ring. It's crafted, so I imagine I got that from WoRG. I also was reminded that I have that sweet dual-poison bow with 4 flawed emeralds, and a couple other items of sweetness... AND a pair of Trang's gloves in the stash from him. So I'm feeling good that I'm going to use this stuff after all.

Savage recipe worked fine - the savage property is hidden, and I got dual affixes (with KB - not sure how to feel about that) - maybe I try a few more.

I think flawed due to the low level req. I was gifted that as well.

Yep, the required level for flawed gems is 5, but normal gems are 12.

Found blackoak (unique luna) from my wired fleece rack... very nice considering absorb (0.75 cold absorb/lvl) comes after res iirc... +100 life and 30 dex is also very cool, but I'll probably stick with Sigon's for now

I went ahead and got set up to roll bugged MPK rings - a level 8 crafter and a Holy Fire Pally to farm Sapphires. Had some success so far, too. Two so far: 11MPK and 17MPK. But even better is I'm finding (and very much appreciating) some oft-overlooked set items that are filling some spots. I think I was gifted an Arctic Horn, but Blood Raven dropped the armor, so my Pally's Rogue merc is doing pretty well - only seems to die against Andy. My sorc found a pair of Hsaurs' boots - amazing how nice those boots are for a mostly untwinked character.

I'll see how well that 17MPK ring helps out my sorc tonight. She's in the Kurast Bazaar.

Last edited:

One thing I'm enjoying about 1.07 is how excited I got at seeing an eth 2os Lochaber Axe drop in Normal Act V last night. I was like "ooh - I'm gonna put some emeralds in that and it's gonna ROCK!"

BTW - I've been using a normal A2 merc, and I've not seen Might once - it's been Blessed Aim the whole time (which has really helped my Sorc hit things with that poison bow). The merc does not appear to have any regen, which I guess is the benefit of the Barb merc - but my sapphire-farming Holy Fire Pally's Rogue Merc does appear to have some regen.

Best morons in 1.07 are the A5 ones. Life leech doesn't work on 1.07 morons and the A5 one has crazy regen.

The 1.07 guide says that the auras for A2 mercs alternate randomly - that was the context of my observation. The Act V merc my Necro got does regen life, but it's slow, like a 1.13 A2 merc. Does the rate increase with level?

BTW - I think I'm going to try to make a Beauty helm and Bramble armor for the Sorc (15% mana regen on each, and 50% MF on the helm) - has anybody had a character corrupted by ATMA with these RWs?

3 ptopaz helm and lesser caster belt/boots/gloves can have up to 12% regen each. I wouldn't touch any of the runewrods in 1.07 :p

And about the mercs. I don't bother with one until it's for MF carrying purposes. Sometimes some quest monsters (Lord the Seis comes to mind) can be tricky, and then might be needed. Otherwise they just die too much. Sorc probably needs merc through norm unless you bump some killing spell.

Last edited:

From what I read, it isn't some specific RW that corrupt ATMA stashes/chars/wtv. It's all RWs.

I never tested it and never will. No need for them anyway.

Yeah I started playing 1.07 in early 2008 I think, and I've never made a runeword afaik.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High