1.07 News, Info and Gossip

The way I read this is that there is a a 1:1000 chance of a unique, so half that is 0.5:1000 or 1:2000. Far closer to my experience of racking uniques.

Heh, yeah "half of these values" is 1/2000. But I still strongly believe it is 1/500. What I forgot to mention that there was also a lot more (twice as much?) magics/rares when I ran Totemic Mask and Slayer Guard racks. Iirc that value, 1/500 has also been mentioned in this thread couple of times.

I have a total of 56 unique items, only two of which I got from racks. It certainly feels like 1/2000 to me.

I finally got started last night, pretty exciting! Initial observations:

-Nothing drops. I heard drops were "lean," but i wasn't expecting to have a hard time just finding white and grey items to start the game with.
-No mana pots at Akara! I hadn't read about this and it's a major pain. Mana pots are scarce so my sorc isn't doing much casting. I thought i would try to get a merc quickly but...
-Blood Raven is wayyyy scarier than other versions. She nearly killed me with 2 shots.
-Everything hits me, I'm dodging pretty much nothing. This could be because i finally had to buy a white chest armor from Charsi at lvl 6 and played the game without one up until that point.

I finally got started last night, pretty exciting! Initial observations:

-Nothing drops. I heard drops were "lean," but i wasn't expecting to have a hard time just finding white and grey items to start the game with.
-No mana pots at Akara! I hadn't read about this and it's a major pain. Mana pots are scarce so my sorc isn't doing much casting. I thought i would try to get a merc quickly but...
-Blood Raven is wayyyy scarier than other versions. She nearly killed me with 2 shots.
-Everything hits me, I'm dodging pretty much nothing. This could be because i finally had to buy a white chest armor from Charsi at lvl 6 and played the game without one up until that point.
Try the rejuv bug:
Get 2+ rejuv pots (3 if you only have 2 rows in your belt)
Sell one, and place rejuvs in as many different columns as you can in your belt, and then shift-buy the rejuv back and it will fill your belt.

You can do the same with full rejuvs.
Try a lvl3 frost nova staff or glacial spike when you get there
Try to craft some mpk rings from (any) sapphire + ring + thawing potion. If it spawns with triumphant prefix the MPK will include the cold res for up to 37 MPK. Best chance is at lvl 5, or lvl 8 for fcr + MPK

When i run v1.13 i only see my 1.07 character now. Did i do something wrong? I renamed 1.13 D2 folder long enough to install 1.07 off the discs then changed the name back, but I'm guessing something got overwritten somewhere during the install and now points to the wrong save folder.

you'll have to put all chars in the same save folder if you're playing 1.07 by multiple installs and don't want to keep renaming things every time you switch versions. They all go in the save folder in the "Diablo II" folder

My Sorc is level 63 - been running NM Mephy for some nice rare boots (using Sander's right now) - he dropped a quite handy item for my Sorc - Frostburn! Thank God the stats on that are the same as 1.09+. Still no Arreat's from that Slayer Guard rack, but I went ahead and got to the Anya quest in A5. Not gonna give up this LK map quite yet, so Hell will have to wait.

After about three hours rack running looking for Arreat's Face, I came to realise that it would never drop from a Horned Helm rack. *sigh*

I've got a rack that drops Sacred Targes and picked up a 44 & 45 Resist. Are the Damage/AR ones any good? I've found a couple like this:

Sacred Targe
Defense: 95
Chance to Block: 30%
Smite Damage: 22 to 70
Durability: 11 of 20
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 86
Required Level: 48
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x388921d9
+63% Enhanced Damage
+119 to Attack Rating

Since I'm still new to 1.07, I need to verify what should be included in my "must-have" checklist. I already have 2x Valk Wing, 3x Skullder's, and a SoE (2 of the Skullder's and the SoE are in use, so I think I'd like more), and I'm still running my amazing NM LK map for Arreat's, but I want to make sure I'm not missing anything here. By my understanding, these are the items good enough to take the trouble to farm from 1.07 for use in 1.13:

Must-Have Items:

Arkaine's Valor (why I'm here)
Skullder's Ire (check)
Valkyrie Wing (check)
String of Ears (check, but want more)
Wizardspike
Laying of Hands
M'avina's Tenet
Vampire Gaze
Saracen's Chance
Visceratuant
Damage Charms (check - these are not rare)
Resist Charms
Resist Recipe Ammys
Bugged MPK Rings
pSkulls + rare jewels (for 1.08 rerolls per WoRG)
Bugged Blood Crafted Rings (10+% ll)
Eth socketed Threshers/Berserker Axes/Sacred Targes/(what item types are best?)

Iffy items (not sure if they are really deal-breakers):

Blood Crafted weapons (awesome for 1.09, but RWs in 1.13 are too strong)
Crafted Boots
Arreat's Face (I'm running for this because I happen to have a rack)
Jalal's Mane
Eth socketed armors

Please let me know if I'm missing anything, or including something that shouldn't be there.

Oh, and one quick question - near my Slayer Guard rack is a very unstable weapon rack, but which seems to drop Suwayyahs (yes, an elite item rack in NM LK) at least 1/3 of the time. Is there any reason to run this?

You forgot the Shako. BK sword set if you plan to trav in 1.07. Crafted (blood iirc) gloves can be nice also. Crafted blood amulets (but gieb Lums to me plssss) and crafted blood rings.

Eth Sacred Targes are meh. Defense of those shields are lower in 1.07 so people will end preferring ones from 1.13d anyway.

Unique Gbane and Gerke's if you plan some mdr/pdr build.

Depends on your patience and plans. A good Suwayayayaya will have nice value to PvP crowd.

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1-07-news-info-and-gossip.575127/page-57 there's all uniques in post #1138 if you'd like to check.

Ghoulhide could be worth getting. At least 1.13 Pindle Barb would like those. Gladiator's Bane and Gerke's are great, yeah.

I racked almost all kind of eth elite polearms. Enough plains and cube socketing ftw. Also many other eth elite weapon bases, just in case, ettin axes, thunder mauls, colossus blades etc etc.

Reminder, you need to be at least clvl 91 if you want to get +3 skill tabs from crafting/cubing amulets. Also greater caster gloves have the potential for 3 skill tab gloves, blood gloves for great CB, LL etc.

If I were into pvp or ES sorcs in general I think greater caster boots have amazing potential. Safety armors/blood shields could be also really nice with always 3 sockets from Larzuk. But yeah, getting anything nice requires luck or a lot crafting. And those runes are rare, especially those you want the most (Lums and Kos)

Thanks for the link and info - I think I have a pretty good handle on what I'm here for.

Ghoulhide could be worth getting. At least 1.13 Pindle Barb would like those. Gladiator's Bane and Gerke's are great, yeah.

I ran 1.09 Pindle for the Windforce. I'm done with Pindle. I might still look for those Ghoulhides, but it ain't gonna be for Pindle running.

*********UPDATE*********

Patience does indeed pay off!

Screenshot387_zps49555fe9.jpg

How wonderfully odd...

Screenshot388_zpsf09f8c79.jpg

I should feel like I can move on now... but I'm thinking "One... more... Skullder's!"

********ANOTHER UPDATE*********

Thank you LK!
Screenshot391_zps766fa06c.jpg

Moving along now - got a Diadem from a rack on Nilly's floor - wierdo 1.07 TCs, lol.

Last edited:
It's been a nice few days. My sorc made it to 1.07 LK and has mostly been racking since. On the way I found a +1 cold skills, +31 life grand charm and crafted a +36 mpk ring. I then stumbled upon tancreds boots from a rack (and it didn't even drop boots afterwards) and racked Tal's armor. (I have screen shots, but I'm too lazy to upload them and I don't trade, so it doesn't seem terribly important.)

Ah poop, rushed a zon last night to hell and even fought baal (and tanked his manaflame with my sorc) but lost that zon today in cows. Cows really DO wander, don't they? I have to be more careful than I thought...
Well, at least I got 2x pul runes and a socket quest out of it

Yes, they wonder a LOT. Give the leecher char an OK moron and/or maybe have a HF pally. Best would be using two computers to be easier to keep an eye on the char.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High