1.07 News, Info and Gossip

I should have just alt-tabbed as soon as I saw life drop but I teleported there instead.. took 3 hits to die. I think the valk postponed the death a bit. Alternatively I could host with my sorc so I could quit the game immediately but this was after doing some quests.
Bummer

Or put the char in a corner, and clear cows in a S pattern way from said corner.

Pharphis, gratz on the Arkaine's! It will get full BO benefit in 1.09 too. Can we see the gold Balrog Skin screenie?

*****ON ANOTHER NOTE******

BIG thank you to jimsfriend for the awesome resist charms - he gifted me a bunch of nice charms and some handy gear a couple of years back - thanks to those charms (and a couple things I found, like a shopped pair of 35%FR/40%FRW boots), Speranta is going to be able to enter Hell with her Arch Angel's Swirling Crystal of the Magus (that was a nice find) and Sigon's Shield.

Thanks go out to Nulio too for that crafted mana/MF ring, and I think he provided the Scintillating Amulet of Luck.

Last edited:
Progress has been rather slow for me starting with absolutely nothing. My sorc is level 20 and in the Flayer Jungle but started to have issues so I've put the brakes on her for the moment. Act 2 merc is becoming a big liability already, I'm really squishy, and i still don't have MPK rings. Mana pool is also still tiny.

I do have a lvl 8 crafter now, and I've been working on a holy fire pally to run around and farm sapphires although I'm not sure where to do that most efficiently. Given the weak nature of holy fire aura I'm guessing i should stick to the first few areas where it actually kills things with 1 pulse. I leveled the Pally to 15 so HF is lvl 10 atm, and i have a +2 scepter as well.

Best map I had to hunt for chippies was from cold plains WP to Tristam. It had nice groups of monsters all the way up to tristam, and tristam is always nice. But a nice one from Stony Field to Tristam would also work.

Since there's no players command, I recommend farming the tower cellar, the jail and catacombs so as to pop as many chests as possible when running. Some of the objects have guaranteed drops IIRC.

Pharphis, you got a Lo from 1.07 LK???? You planning on making a beta Bramble?

edistotiger, I second the suggestion for areas with a concentration of chests for gems. I find Cold Plains and Stony Field to be a little light on monsters - maybe run Countess and see if you can't find a Leather Gloves (Death's Gloves) rack to help make it interesting.

I did :D
but iirc bramble requires an ohm rune, and there's no way i'm using an ohm on a bramble when literally every single HC player that MPs and trades would want a beta CtA (including myself, still).

Just one more vex + ist and I'll have it!

As an aside, I noticed I found the set mythical sword, already.. I completely forgot

Is the total MF% in 1.07 the same as the rest of the LoD patches, i.e. character MF plus merc MF?

For merc kills that is!!

That's what I thought. After a completely unsuccessful 30 hours LK running I've put all my MF gear on and started killing stuff. Even with 450+ combined MF I've not found anything but rares.

*sigh*, another 1.07 Lo rune. Same drop pattern, and there probably is only a single Lo pattern anyway

The Nix you need more MF for Uniques iirc. I don't recall the MF number, but there are several breakpoints depending on the difficulty.

The Nix you need more MF for Uniques iirc. I don't recall the MF number, but there are several breakpoints depending on the difficulty.

At this point I'd be happy with Sets. All I'm getting is Blue and Yellow.

I remember running Blood Raven for Sets. It wasn't a hard MF number to get.

MF bug works only versus some monsters (especially super unique ones iirc).

Thanks nulio, Blood Raven seems to pay up Set wise. I'll have to search for other charitable monsters.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High