1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Ooops. Only on Hell, and only with insane MF%?

I think I won't have that Hotspur :(
Too bad, could have use against dolls while doing Hurricane.

Found my second Vex while rack-running today. If I could work out a way to post a pic from my computer I'd put up a screenie.

I'm in desperate need of a Gull, so I can get up to the magical 556MF mark, is it more likely to find one running racks in normal than hell. I've never seen a dagger rack in hell.

it's more likely to find a dagger rack in normal than hell because there are less bases. I wound up getting enough MF for 556% and then got one from Andy... Skullder's, tal armor, etc. add up!

congrats on the vex :D Was it quhab + cuirass pattern or the one with a griffon headdress (iirc)

A monster in Act 1 NM randomly dropped me a Skin of the Vipermagi, so I'm a happy bunny.

Did some cow runs in 1.07 to finish leveling my barb from 84-85. Threw on arkaine's valor, 2x GF swords and a mix of life charms (leaving lots of space) and that gave me 8k+ life using arreat's instead of shako :D

council dies very fast so I'm not sure I'll need to switch to BK set but I'll mess around with both...

I found I need a source of mana leech so one of my rings is manald heal :/ Hopefully blood rings can spawn with mana leech and i'll get one of those sometime...

res and everything is very low but I'm missing 2x anya quest. I also have almost 20 points unspent and I'm not sure what to do with them. I have max WW, sword mastery and BO, and 1 pt wonders in most things, including frenzy for running fast.
Max zerk? pump nat res or incr speed? I really don't know.

I also have a technical question: will battle cry overwrite the effect I gain from Arreat's face (15% target's defense)? Will arreat's make battle cry NOT effect def? Hmm

I know most people don't use a merc but I'm trying to think of a (safe) use for one in 1.07 on a trav barb. I'm thinking an amp dmg bow-wielding rogue with either guillame's face (dmg) or blackhorn's (survival). Maybe valk wing for frw/ias :D

4x shae in amp dmg bow.. think about it :D and imagine it also adds poison dmg or something neat (would require larzuk socketing)

Use m'avina's belt for both frw and ml, best choice for 8k life barb if you are not a pussy!

Max FI :)

Use m'avina's belt for both frw and ml, best choice for 8k life barb if you are not a pussy!

Max FI :)
oh good point. I really do need the frw since I dropped nat's boots for goblin toe. DR, mdr and leech are nice but I guess I don't need them ;)

ok, I've been running a bit of hell council today and found 2xlum and some skillers...

I noticed something VERY strange: berserk nearly doubles my def from ~8k to ~15k instead of lowering it... LCS issue or is berserk (extra) OP in 1.07?

This seems like a good charm...

Code:
Prefix 928 Grand Charm of Inertia
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 14
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x88d5aef
+57 to Attack Rating
+10 to Maximum Damage
7% Faster Run/Walk
Maybe I should use it on my barb since frw would help a bit

ok, I've been running a bit of hell council today and found 2xlum and some skillers...

I noticed something VERY strange: berserk nearly doubles my def from ~8k to ~15k instead of lowering it... LCS issue or is berserk (extra) OP in 1.07?

I haven't tested it, but as I recall it doubles your defense if you only have one point. Otherwise it works normally. I could be wrong, though.

ok, that makes sense. I guess in the code it adds 100% def instead of subtracts it. It even lasts longer than the bonus from concentration :eek:

Ok, I'm about 1500 runs into a Normal LK rack search for Gull with nothing to show for it yet. I've got somewhere around 10 rare daggers, all standard durability, and a shipload of "blues". Have I just been unlucky or can't Normal LK racks drop uniques?

Edit: Or does the information only apply to Hell racks?

I can't think of a reason for normal LK racks to not drop gull since they're certainly a high enough lvl. Probably just unlucky...

I got mine from andy in hell with 556+ MF but I'm guessing you want a gull to make that bp easier to achieve. It only gives 50% btw

I'm finding lots of sweet uniques in 1.07 so far :D

Last night I found a razortail which upon testing appears to use the level of the pierce skill as the patch notes describes and I recall reading in this thread before... it also does work on some spells such as ice blast. Also found a kuko shakaku

Does anyone have a list of which spells do or do not work with this?

Does anyone have a readout of demon machine or happen to know what level pierce it has?

I'm curious if pierce will allow FOrb bolts to pass through monsters making that spell ~20% more effective for things like cows

Demon Machine lists pierce as 1 in the txts. Can't doubly confirm with an actual in-game item though.

Alright, thanks. It's almost surely the same as the others...

Does anyone have any experience forwarding razortail from 1.07? I'd love to see some piercing fireball sorcs or bone spirit necros :D

I'm going to rush another set of chars in 1.07 for sockets and forges and figure one of them will be a necro to give spirit/CE/lower res a try. Not sure what to do with the remaining points... revives, fire golem, skellies, mages, etc..?
Nova?

After more than 1800 Normal LK runs and still no Gull, I threw in the towel and went on to something else. I've cobbled together 550ish%MF on the merc kill and I'm running Hell Meph & Andy for the mid-level items I need to continue with my parked characters. I've found a shipload of Normal Uniques, including a number of TC3s, but bugger all Exceptional Uniques.

The bosses drop from their Normal TCs, so good luck getting other than low level exceptionals from Diablo And Baal.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High