Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

Well, I still think you are scum, so I will not accept anything you are saying.

That's fine. :p Just no reason to continue this discussion we're having. Without arguments on your part for me to respond to, I really can't say anything to contest your thoughts on me...and with BPC's confirmation of you as town, I have no reason to continue engaging you in this conversation to see if you're scum. :)

That's fine. :p Just no reason to continue this discussion we're having. Without arguments on your part for me to respond to, I really can't say anything to contest your thoughts on me...and with BPC's confirmation of you as town, I have no reason to continue engaging you in this conversation to see if you're scum. :)

Well, you shoudn't trust BPC right out the gate. He could be a mafia cop, couldn't he?

Well, you shoudn't trust BPC right out the gate. He could be a mafia cop, couldn't he?

That seems super unlikely, given the story from yesterday, korials comments about androiding costing us two votes yesterday, and BPC's inability to post. It looks to me like once the mafia saw BPC was likely unable to be targeted by the doctor, they attempted to NK him. Korial anticipated that and used his android thing to save our cop. That NK on him makes me feel pretty confident in him as pro town.

Vote tally Day 5 (7/8):
IWantToUseNumbersInMyName - 1 (Moar)
Bad Ash - 1 (IWantToUseNumbersInMyName)
Noodle - 1 (djmbbandie)
Moar - 1 (Noodle)

Vote: Noodle

I see what you did there.

Why???

You now see why I never get killed by night. I am me and I am accusing people only on the reason of my belief. I'm a terrribly bad player and mafia loves that. I am absolutely waiting for the day I am not allowed to join again.
Real girls are always welcome. Besides you've got a long way to go baby before you reach the depths of poor play such as mine.

Dare to dream though and keep reaching for the gutter....I'll be waiting :wine:

I am out for the night, but I have quite a bit to say. For now I will reveal that I investigated Moar on Night 3 and she came up Pro Town.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
And yet Noodle came up neutral.

How odd....

Well, I have hinted at it last day and nobody cared. I will ascend if I am lynched. I will then be a treestump. So I want Noodle to vote to see if it counts.

@Moar: Would you mind giving us your name? There are only a select few people that can ascend in SG lore.

I am out for the night, but I have quite a bit to say. For now I will reveal that I investigated Moar on Night 3 and she came up Pro Town.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

K thanks for clearing that up, I'd still like to hear your name Moar
Vote: Moar

Vote tally Day 5 (7/8):
IWantToUseNumbersInMyName - 1 (Moar)
Bad Ash - 1 (IWantToUseNumbersInMyName)
Noodle - 1 (djmbbandie)
Moar - 1 (Noodle)

Interesting. If anyone has a Sangraal, now would be a good time to use it.

That seems super unlikely, given the story from yesterday, korials comments about androiding costing us two votes yesterday, and BPC's inability to post. It looks to me like once the mafia saw BPC was likely unable to be targeted by the doctor, they attempted to NK him. Korial anticipated that and used his android thing to save our cop. That NK on him makes me feel pretty confident in him as pro town.

It does seem unlikely that BPC is anti-town, there does appear to be multiple factions though so he could be from one faction.

It does seem unlikely that BPC is anti-town, there does appear to be multiple factions though so he could be from one faction.

I wanted to reword this cos it didn't make sense on a second read through.

I don't think that BPC is anti-town. The only way he could be is if he is from one faction and the other faction tried to kill him. Seems unlikely.

Back when BPC claimed and gave us Pyro and then Noodle as anti-town and neutral, Noodle was very quick to confirm and claimed he had no role but was recruitable. We lynch him, he goes away for a day, then he "ascends". What does "ascension" actually mean in the context here? As far as I am familiar with Stargate, from the original movie and a bit of SG-1, the being worshipped as "gods" by the ancient Egyptians were actually just bad guy slaver aliens.

I don't want to just presume Noodle is now equivalent to "Ra" in Stargate, but without some context for what else "ascension" might mean, that's the first thing that came to mind when I read the day opening post.

Back home! I have a lot to pour over, so give me a bit, but I have quite a few things to say about yesterday!

@Drixx: ascending means you no longer have å physical body, but exist as pure energy. You get God like powers (although å lot of ascended won't use their powers to help humanity, or anyone else for that matter, as it would mean exile for them. That's basically the gist of it, if my memory serves me correctly.

Btw I'm not at home right now, so posting from the phone. I'll get back to you with my thought on last day, and some explanations.

Whatever it means, Noodle's vote counted while Moar claims that she will ascend upon death and be a treestump, so we have two different ascension mechanics?

I'm very interested to see what BPC has to say but something about this all doesn't feel right.

So I wrote most of what I have to say, still have to format, but it's quite a bit. Not Drixx WOT, but it's basically a days worth of my opinions.

I forgot to mention. Today's story is not just for flavour. There is some information that you all can use in there.
“Well, not good news, but better than previously. Siler got pretty injured, but the doc patched him up, and he is back in action today. We did have one death, but Halan managed to make an android of him, so he is still around.”

This is the only whining I’ll do about yesterdays lynch. CG name claimed Siler, with no one coming out and saying that he’s lying. The information in the day start post damn near confirms CG as town, or at the very least not mafia. I don’t understand how this wasn’t enough to stop the lynch train right here.

My point here being, the people starting this train were some reputable people in mafia games and I just don’t see them overlooking this as much as they did. It was either irresponsible or scummy. I’m beginning to lean towards the latter.

That is one heck of a slip up.

Yes it’s a slip up, but a scum one? Why would scum make such a big move? It just paints a target on their back, like it did with CG. It can also easily be seen how he missed that fact that Noodle was lynched, as there was no flip.

You could have questioned him further, but no, you jump right to full on accusations, starting an immediate train. Again, either just irresponsible or scum.

I've made slip ups before as mafia. I know it sucks, tell me how you feel about it? When will Noodle come back?

So you knew he was coming back, eh? Interesting. Also, yet again we have such an accusatory post . This feels quite a bit like you’re trying to get a train started early.

what were your investigation results last night BPC?

I had investigated CG. The results were Pro-Town, so yesterday hurt to watch.

I can kind of see the slip, but it feels flimsy.

All I can say is that this feels like a set-up for later. You see the train rolling, try to distance yourself from the pack, making you look town in the end of the day.

POST 1 of 3!

0-100%, what do you think the odds are that Noodle is coming back?

Man, you're really pressing on this. I have a feeling you also know of the ascension thing. Could this be part of a recruiting thing? If so, I think you’re trying to get recruited by signaling.

I don't see Silas as a bad charater after having read the wiki. I will not vote for CG today.

WHOA LOGIC! Thank you!!!

Tell you what Triple A, don't try to put your idea of whats happening and pin it to what i'm doing. k?

Calm down, children.

His name is Siler...ok. Moar you aren't going to vote for him this entire day phase because of his name? But he's a character who gets injured all the time in a game with zombies where if he is anti-town he easily could have pulled the name from someone else no?

You are completely ignoring the opening information, seems very unlikely from you Ash.

Because I can't possibly fathom how you get injured nor the reason why you get injured. I have not asked once nor will I ask how many times it takes for you to die.

It’s a TC game! You knew it wasn’t gonna be a normal game from the start! Come on!

Another observation (and this is very minor even I will admit, but I have seen it and want to voice it) you have become very reactionary in your posting style this day phase. Might be nothing, but just wanted to vocalize it.

Oh really? You mean the person you started a train on is defending himself? Shocking.

If BPC was post restricted via something Korial did, then it stands to reason that Korial knows about it.

I don’t know why I was post restricted. I just could not post or vote for the day, no explanation.

Post 2 of 3!

Not sure how I'm high on your scum list either considering I've been your biggest supporter up until this point, but ok.

Of all the things you said yesterday, this is by far the worst and it has such horrible logic. It feels like pandering to a newer player.

Supporting someone doesn’t mean they are just gonna trust you. Cautious skepticism is what runs this damn game.

IF Caluin Graye is town, scum would be incredibly foolish to believe what he said and just sit there hoping he'll die off.

Bingo Bango, there chap. I’m gonna go ahead and guess he had more in his bag of tricks, and didn’t want scum to know. But BA just had to press. Maybe take a hint? Or was it just scum role fishing?

I hope you don't shoot me (especially if CG flips town) because that puts us in an even worse situation than we are in now.

Worse situation? You mean after two scum lynches and whatever the hell Noodle is? I don't see how that's a bad situation.

When does this day end?

I'm another one of the people highly tempted to vote for CG.

Here's a fun thought: what if the doc is mafia?
Vote: CG

Since I'm going to die tonight might as well help the town. There are two anti-town factions. I know this for a fact.

Thanks for all of the elaboration. And the vote, that was cool too. Good contributions. So why did you think you were going to die? You haven’t fully seemed town or anything.

Unvote: AnnualAntAnswers
Vote: Caluin Graye

Are you ****ing kidding me? You just give up? I hope there’s more to this, but if you’re serious, I don’t even know what to say… It’s absolutely infuriating.

/End Ranting and Madness

Sorry for the Triple WOT posts. I know it's a lot but I was out for a day. My post restriction was unfortunate but what can you do. It was pretty BA heavy... I do have one burning thought though:

Jakecakes: I wanna hear your thoughts on Laarz and CoolGuyBad.

CG did probably the most townie thing he could have done in the situation honestly. He didn't want to be a smokescreen for scum in a no-lynch situation, especially if he assumed you were gonna get killed last night BPC (and I do find it a bit odd you weren't killed, but maybe you had some protection after whatever happened the night before?). It was a very good play on his part and I disagree with your assessment.

If he thought you would be dead and there would be no way for him to get confirmed then removing himself from the board takes away scum ability to hide behind his odd role. To me, it's another +10 respect points for CG's mafia play.

I really hoped you would have a scum for us today. I'm very concerned about what seems almost certain to be 2 scum factions in play, and if we believe all the town power role claims, the town is ridiculously powerful which implies that they need to be so in order for the game to balance. I'm worried that having taken out 2 scum and a recruitable, only for that recruitable to come back "ascended", we may be losing this game instead of winning it.

I honestly am leaning towards believing numbers. I've re-read his posts and I see a lot of my own early approach to forum mafia. He doesn't know our meta here and he doesn't have a familiarity with the nuances of how to answer the questions he has in the proper way. The more I consider it, the more I'm glad my case against him got re-directed to noodle.

I think Noodle may need to talk about what his ascension means. He obviously has a role now. The question for us is whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I think I'd like to hear from Noodle, CoolBadGuy, AAA and Laarz at significant levels today. I feel like there is probably a couple scum in that grouping, based upon my personal notes (which are a huge mess now with CG's flip and Noodle coming back).

@BPC - You really focused on Bad Ash, but I have to wonder if scum would so blatantly drive over a townie like that. I think he just saw the same things I saw but was more aggressive about it. I didn't think CG was being honest with us and then when he finally came clean it seemed like info that wasn't really harmful to give out. If Bad Ash is scum, he has done a huge amount of HIPS this game... to the point of recklessness.

Vote: CG

Since I'm going to die tonight might as well help the town. There are two anti-town factions. I know this for a fact.

For a fact? Care to share dj

Is it worth pushing the no-lynch and waiting to see if BPC investigated me? Possibly. It makes the most sense from a town perspective. He doesn't necessarily need to do it tonight: What if he investigated me last night? If so, then me lynching myself not only deprives the town of a voter, but wastes his action.

But then again, I'm sure someone will come up with some ludicrous reason for why BPC and I are both scum and covering for each other.

Also, I'm kind of tired anyways. I'd rather be playing PoE.

Unvote: AnnualAntAnswers
Vote: Caluin Graye

I changed my mind, too. Bad Ash is probably scum. Drixx I still have a town read on, even though he's been stupid amounts of scummy this game. Even more than his usual. Kestegs, Numbers are likely town. Moar I'm leaning town, but don't put it past her to distance from a town lynch.

CGB, DJM, and Jcakes are probably scum. I highly suspect AAA too, but I'll admit my read might be biased.

I think CG went to the lynch to easy.

Vote: Noodle

You have a reason dj?

@BPC - You really focused on Bad Ash, but I have to wonder if scum would so blatantly drive over a townie like that. I think he just saw the same things I saw but was more aggressive about it. I didn't think CG was being honest with us and then when he finally came clean it seemed like info that wasn't really harmful to give out. If Bad Ash is scum, he has done a huge amount of HIPS this game... to the point of recklessness.

That's one reason why I haven't placed a vote or anything yet. It just ended up being a bit of a bash on ash probably because he posted quite a bit and I didn't agree with his logic.

On the CG thing, I think he was acting pretty town, he just got backed into a corner. I'm not mad that he got lynched I'm mad about the way he did it. He just sounded like he was giving up.

That's one reason why I haven't placed a vote or anything yet. It just ended up being a bit of a bash on ash probably because he posted quite a bit and I didn't agree with his logic.

On the CG thing, I think he was acting pretty town, he just got backed into a corner. I'm not mad that he got lynched I'm mad about the way he did it. He just sounded like he was giving up.

If I had been in CG's spot, I may have done the same thing. If you had died last night (as I expected, and I suspect CG also suspected), then today he's just the smokescreen again. By removing himself he takes himself out of the way and we can look at the lynch for info. For example, I'm fairly sure at least one person who refused to vote for him will be scum, simply because it was such an either/or case and even on the assumption of two scum teams, any scum making that play has high odds to look good in the aftermath. The trouble is separating the townies who refused from the scum.

There also almost certainly has to be scum on the votes too. I know ... obvious observation.

I think djmbbandie needs to talk, and quick. Right now he and Noodle are the two I'm most interested in hearing from. DJ because of his "I'm gonna die" assertion followed by a no-comment vote today and Noodle because I want him to convince me that his return is a good thing and not something I should be scared of.

Close behind those two I want to see Laarz and CBG contributing today... Laarz is doing his normal lurk thing and something about the way CBG seems to be jumping onto other people's arguments and just paying follow the leader is bothering me. I wrote it off as new to our group for awhile but I'd like to see some original thought and evaluation out of him.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High