Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

..............<snip>......................

On N2, I actually shot at flubbucket, because of the vote he promised but didnt actually deliver that I pointed out yesterday. My shot hit Gwaihir, who was pro-town and a bus driver. I assume he self targeted and swapped himself and flub. I obviously don't know if he did that because he felt flub was a power role who should be protected from a NK, or if he did it because he felt flub was scum and should be killed if someone shot at him. That's why there were two kills that night.

...................<snip>...................
How do you know Gwaihir was a bus driver?? I see nothing in the reveal showing he was a bus driver. Did I miss something??

If you shot at me and then someone else's action changed your shot, how would you have any information about the "bus driven" shot??

Would it not have shown your shot at me failed and that would be the end?? How could you possibly get information from a bus driven shot??

How odd...

In zombie lore how do you make more zombies? Patient zero is only relevant for drama purposes/cures for those who are infected. In 99% of zombie lore, you make zombies, by having a zombie bite someone. So you being prominent in zombie lore has me feeling a little rotted (zombie pun intended)

Haha, I didn't mean to insinuate an unending knowledge of the culture. But the idea of leader/stronger zombies (including Patient Zero) has been used prominently, and I have a feeling there will be some roles within the faction that are stronger than others. If anyone else would like to give their input, it'd be nice.

In response to CBG second question:

If there is no "zombie overlord" and they can recruit by biting someone, there has to be restrictions/limitations on when and how they recruit. This is my theory for the one kill, two kill, one kill nights we've had while still assuming that each zombie can recruit other zombies.

With Number's claim, I think things have changed up a little bit.

I'm not going to quote anyone because, well, you all know who you are. I'm just going to claim now and explain the vote thing.

I'm a vigilante. pro town. I won't tell anyone how many shots I have other than to say I have at least one more I can use to prove my role. The day after I shoot someone, my vote will not be counted. That's the main reason behind the extra effort I've put into things that everyone pointed out and some felt was scummy yesterday...as a vig I wanted to have some idea of who to shoot, rather than shooting completely blindly. Also the reason for my question about who people would shoot if they had a vig shot.

Regarding waiting for BPC results before claiming: I really just wanted to see how people reacted to me wanting his information before I gave mine. In terms of relevance, had he investigated me and claimed I was town, I could be vindicated of all this suspicion and we could move the conversation in a useful direction without having to actually claim my role earlier than necessary. If he had more scum results for us, I could offer to shoot the scum over the night in order to prove that I am who I say I am. Either way, it was a greater than 1/16 chance that his information would make my claim more believable.

On N2, I actually shot at flubbucket, because of the vote he promised but didnt actually deliver that I pointed out yesterday. My shot hit Gwaihir, who was pro-town and a bus driver. I assume he self targeted and swapped himself and flub. I obviously don't know if he did that because he felt flub was a power role who should be protected from a NK, or if he did it because he felt flub was scum and should be killed if someone shot at him. That's why there were two kills that night.

The only reason why I'm claiming right now is so we can discuss what I should do with my shot tonight. I'd like whatever I do with it to be something that actually proves I'm town, and saves the town a day spent on lynching, and recruitable noodle seems like a perfect target. Mafia shouldn't be attempting to kill noodle when they can recruit him, so if he turns up dead tonight I think that should be reasonable proof that I am indeed who I say I am. Alternatively, we can lynch noodle, and give me some other target to shoot and I'll go after them.

I'd like to hear a name.

Krasus, how have I been "uncooperative"? By not triggering a modkill? I've been given an incredibly disadvantageous role, and have been nothing but honest about it. What else could I have done? I don't see how I could have been more helpful outside of suicide.

Noodle, do you believe there to be a pro-town recruiter? If not, then I don't see how you could be anything other than a liability to us by the end of the game.

How do you know Gwaihir was a bus driver?? I see nothing in the reveal showing he was a bus driver. Did I miss something??

If you shot at me and then someone else's action changed your shot, how would you have any information about the "bus driven" shot??

Would it not have shown your shot at me failed and that would be the end?? How could you possibly get information from a bus driven shot??

How odd...

Doesn't seem so hard to believe that he would've been told his shot was redirected, hit Gwaihir and then told of his role. Or is this never how the mechanics of vig works in forum mafia?

Noodle, do you believe there to be a pro-town recruiter? If not, then I don't see how you could be anything other than a liability to us by the end of the game.

Considering I haven't been recruited by anyone, I can't say for certain there is a recruiter for any side. (Obviously it seems more likely that there is an anti-town recruiter only than both a pro and an anti town recruiter.) If there is a pro-town recruiter, it seems doubtful they would have recruited me anyway, given the prevailing opinion that I should be killed. I merely question the advisibility of taking out someone who doesn't pose a current risk and ignoring those who do.

And I'll ask again, how have I been "uncooperative"? I've been stuck with a crappy role, and have been completely up front about it. How would it be possible for me to be more cooperative?

I can't shoot during the day. :-/

Well that kind of sucks doesn't it? I'm sure you already realize the implications, but I'll go on and type it out anyway, just because I don't get enough typing exercise as helpdesk support.

If Bipolar checked on you, he can certainly clear your name, and that's that. Great!

However... say he checked someone else? Well.... you've offered to shoot a person of our collective choosing, and that person ending up dead, and you revealing the details will clear your claim as a vig? Seems like we need an awful lot of faith in you for that to happen. You could be a anti-town vig, or mafia using your night kill information to fake claim, and the fact you can only shoot at night gives you at least 1 more night to get a believable name for a vig role. Or maybe you're neither anti-town vig nor mafia. Mayhaps you're a zombie, or Ori even? There are too many possibilities for you to fake a pro-town vig, that the only real way of confirming you is for Bipolar to check you out. Are you trying to artificially direct our alignement cops night action? So many things about the claim that we just can't confirm. Tbh it'd have been better for you to wait it out a bit.

Krasus, how have I been "uncooperative"? By not triggering a modkill? I've been given an incredibly disadvantageous role, and have been nothing but honest about it. What else could I have done? I don't see how I could have been more helpful outside of suicide.

So what you're saying is you cannot reveal anything else about your character, like a name or something? If so then you could've said so earlier. I mean you are (were) a neutral, which means that you have a goal that differs from ours. Yet you expect us to just act all happy about not answering our questions? Not to mention you completely neglected to answer previous questions directed at you. Then suddenly you act like a victim after saying you can't claim more without risking modkill. That seems a bit illogical to me.

Preview edit: @Noodle: I guess I sort of answered your question of uncooperative in this post, but I'm glad to see you're at least answering some questions.

So basically you're very very bad news waiting to happen. At least if the game follows the lore even a little bit.

Adria is the child of Vala Mal Doran, who was forcefully impregnated by the Ori, and genetically altered to retain the Ancients knowledge, while also growing to adulthood much faster than normal.

So we basically have Goa'uld, Tok'ra (although as a zombie), and now the puppet of the Ori. So either the anti-town is a mixed bag of bad guys, or we're potentially looking at 3 anti-town factions? o.o

I'm probably far off, but I do follow my thoughts and try not to let you manipulate me too much.

So I think:
- 2 scum factions. Mafia and scum. The title of the game already says that. And it is backed up by the lynches naming Zombie and mafia, both anti-town.
- We have lynched one of each faction. That means we are in good shape.
- Zombies or mafia can recruit. I think it's only zombies. We have a claimed neutral sitting out there. There are probably others too. That means Zombie faction probably started out smaller than mafia faction. Pure speculation on my part. Possible that it was just pharphis and he didn't manage to recruit. I wouldn't take that chance, so I stick with Noodle as my preferred lynch target.
- kestegs is town
- Undecided about Laarz, he would have to pass the stick to a townie to have his teammates to be eligible for it later. I do think Laarz behaves town though. But he's hard to read.
- Still not sold on BPC being town.
- Not sold at all on numbers being what he claims.
- Don't see a scum slip in what flubb said. I assume that a NK victim is towm. (Though not this game since I believe there are two factions. But without that assumption, flubb's statement would be something I sould have said too.)
- I don't think Gory was necessarily town.
- I'm not convinced numbers is who he is. I don't think suggesting him killing Noodle by night is a good townie suggestion.

Summary:
The only person I think is town right now is kestegs. And yes, saying that pains me alot. I don't trust him though and I don't trust anyone else either. Call it paranoia or just call it a TC game. Same same.

- Don't see a scum slip in what flubb said. I assume that a NK victim is towm. (Though not this game since I believe there are two factions. But without that assumption, flubb's statement would be something I sould have said too.)

That's a bit contradicting isn't it?

That's a bit contradicting isn't it?

No. Not in any game where I don't assume 2 factions. This game I did and wouldn't have said that, but that's just me. Flubb might not have assumed 2 factions. I don't think he made a scum slip there.

Would you like to comment of oany of my other points too? There are sure more controversial ones than the flubby one out there.

Would you like to comment of oany of my other points too? There are sure more controversial ones than the flubby one out there.

Sure. But that one just seemed a bit weird.

So I think:
- 2 scum factions. Mafia and scum. The title of the game already says that. And it is backed up by the lynches naming Zombie and mafia, both anti-town.

Reasonable assumption given the lynch results.

- We have lynched one of each faction. That means we are in good shape.

We might be now, but with recruiting faction, mafia faction and now claimed Ori associates, who knows. Also possible anti-town vig... plenty ways this can go wrong still, so don't get too comfy yet.

- Zombies or mafia can recruit. I think it's only zombies. We have a claimed neutral sitting out there. There are probably others too. That means Zombie faction probably started out smaller than mafia faction. Pure speculation on my part. Possible that it was just pharphis and he didn't manage to recruit. I wouldn't take that chance, so I stick with Noodle as my preferred lynch target.

So you think the recruiting faction is limited to only specific individuals?

- kestegs is town

Disagree.

- Undecided about Laarz, he would have to pass the stick to a townie to have his teammates to be eligible for it later. I do think Laarz behaves town though. But he's hard to read.

So you're saying Laarz will get scum points from you if he gives the stick to pro-town? I don't think I understand you correctly here.

- Still not sold on BPC being town.

Is anyone? Although for the moment he has helped us catch scum.

- Not sold at all on numbers being what he claims.

Agree.

- I don't think Gory was necessarily town.

Well that's a given isn't it? Two factions, and we have no flip on him.

- I'm not convinced numbers is who he is. I don't think suggesting him killing Noodle by night is a good townie suggestion.

So basically what you're saying is for him not to use his ability at all then.

Thanks for your answers. Too late for me to try to quote.

Yes, I think the recruiting faction has to hit specific characters.

I think Laarz is more town than scum. If he is scum though, he'd need to give the sick to a townie so that his teammates can get it later.

No, I want numbers to use his ability. Just not on Noodle. Right now I have no suggestion I can back up with anything on who to use it on. I just don't want him to use it on Noodle. I want to see that lynch flip.

So basically you're very very bad news waiting to happen. At least if the game follows the lore even a little bit.

Adria is the child of Vala Mal Doran, who was forcefully impregnated by the Ori, and genetically altered to retain the Ancients knowledge, while also growing to adulthood much faster than normal.

So we basically have Goa'uld, Tok'ra (although as a zombie), and now the puppet of the Ori. So either the anti-town is a mixed bag of bad guys, or we're potentially looking at 3 anti-town factions? o.o

As I said before, Nerus works for the Ori not for the Goa'uld. I think the main enemies here are the Ori, I'd not be surprised if the Ori could create zombies.

Didn't have time this morning for more than a quick read. Will post more after work.

How odd...

All I know is I intended to kill you, and the next morning gwaihir was dead and I received his flip, which revealed him to be a bus driver. The rest is just my assumptions.

Well that kind of sucks doesn't it? I'm sure you already realize the implications, but I'll go on and type it out anyway, just because I don't get enough typing exercise as helpdesk support.

If Bipolar checked on you, he can certainly clear your name, and that's that. Great!

However... say he checked someone else? Well.... you've offered to shoot a person of our collective choosing, and that person ending up dead, and you revealing the details will clear your claim as a vig? Seems like we need an awful lot of faith in you for that to happen. You could be a anti-town vig, or mafia using your night kill information to fake claim, and the fact you can only shoot at night gives you at least 1 more night to get a believable name for a vig role. Or maybe you're neither anti-town vig nor mafia. Mayhaps you're a zombie, or Ori even? There are too many possibilities for you to fake a pro-town vig, that the only real way of confirming you is for Bipolar to check you out. Are you trying to artificially direct our alignement cops night action? So many things about the claim that we just can't confirm. Tbh it'd have been better for you to wait it out a bit.

You're probably right, waiting would have been good, but given that CG noticed my vote not counting yesterday, and openly questioned me about it, it seemed pretty easy for the scum to realize that I'm likely a power role and kill me tonight, so I wanted to share the information I had about gwai's kill, the kill patterns, and try to use my shot to at least save everyone from wasting what is basically a necessary lynch.

Thanks for your answers. Too late for me to try to quote.

Yes, I think the recruiting faction has to hit specific characters.

I think Laarz is more town than scum. If he is scum though, he'd need to give the sick to a townie so that his teammates can get it later.

No, I want numbers to use his ability. Just not on Noodle. Right now I have no suggestion I can back up with anything on who to use it on. I just don't want him to use it on Noodle. I want to see that lynch flip.

If not noodles, I'm at the disposal of the town.

Numbers: My investigation shouldn't impede on anything you do.

For what it's worth, my list:

Most Likely Scum: Noodle, Bad Ash
Leaning Scum: Moar, CG, Flubb
Unknown: Jcakes, Korial, CoolguyBad, djmbbandie
Leaning Town: Numbers, Drixx, AAA
Most Likely Town: Kestegs

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High