Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

The question, to me, given the two kills during the night is whether we have a traditional mafia faction AND a zombie faction, or whether the zombies are the mafia and the 2nd kill was via some other mechanic than the "normal" kill. Do zombie kills come back to life after a day as a zombie? Seems unlikely since if the zombies are killing then their kills are being identified as dead and if those people re-appear in the game I imagine we'll be on them faster than Fat Albert on a twinkee.

The double kill is troublesome and I do wonder if people can be infected by zombies just because, well, they are zombies. I highly doubt that anyone will be returning from the dead as that mechanic has proven to be very difficult whenever it's introduced and I think if I had to choose between a cult style zombie vs the dead rising I would choose cult, but I have zero evidence to this being a reality.

I feel that it's more than likely that there are two factions, as there were two in the last SG game TC hosted. The mafia in that game had extremely versatile and powerful abilities, so I'm expecting more or less the same from at least one of the factions (with the other being a traditional zombie/cult role).

Is it possible that zombies have alternating abilities, such as being able to infest/recruit one night and being able to kill the next? Or maybe I'm over thinking things and one of the groups were role blocked night one. I guess there's no way to find out as of now.

While admiring the coincidences (or is that ironies?), I'd like to clarify something by posing a thought experiment. As a townie, would you like to see how one person uses a double vote or would you like to see how everyone uses a double vote? In my opinion, the latter is preferable. My goal was never to let others do the work for me. I attempted to learn what everyone else would do if given a double vote. Asking everyone how they would use a double vote isn't far from asking everyone how they would use a vigilante shot. I even bribed players with a reward for responding.

Your intentions seem all over the place. I actually agree with most of the questions you're asking, because that's data that can be used later on in the game. So then out of curiosity, why didn't you take full use of the voting stick, double vote and put pressure onto others? Instead you just asked a few questions, sat back and hoped for the best. If you're legitimately worried about the power the voting stick can give to the mafia factions, I don't understand why you would let the chance to use it slip by.

I do too, however I feel like Laarz should not be voted for today. If you put yourself in the shoes of a mafia gory, him giving the stick to a mafia laarz is just insanely risky. Too risky in fact. *if* Gory is mafia his best play is to give the stick to someone he doesnt think is mafia

Could be a WIFOM move. Once mafia loses the stick, they don't know if they're ever going to get it back, and it'd be hard press for them to give it up before they gain a significant advantage.

Questioning your use of the vote stick is defending incorrect stats? Questioning your giving the vote stick to Laarz is incorrect stats?

My answer to both is NO! and you know it. Both instances are examples of giving a contrary opinion. See post 336 for the best example of correcting incorrect stats.

If you provided an example from a past game, I'd compare and contrast your reads now to the past game(s) in hopes of determining your alignment and/or truthfulness this game.

Makes sense. I wish I could help you there, although honestly right now it's not really a collection of reads, more like a summary of notable things to save me the trouble of rereading the thread later on. :) The only sort of suspicion I have is a faint town lean for the people who voted for pharphis yesterday, with that lean being much more prevalent for votes 6-10 I'd say. That range is pretty open to rethinking though.

*hugs Numbers*

You're the gosh darned cutest!

I know! So nice of you to notice and point it out to everyone!

So then out of curiosity, why didn't you take full use of the voting stick, double vote and put pressure onto others? Instead you just asked a few questions, sat back and hoped for the best. If you're legitimately worried about the power the voting stick can give to the mafia factions, I don't understand why you would let the chance to use it slip by.

I see no way that using the voting stick can prevent scum from obtaining the voting stick in the future. Lynching scum D1 is a good start but is not sufficient. The Voting Stick has no magical powers (that I know of). It doesn't make you a better scumhunter. It doesn't make your words believed any more. It doesn't ensure you pass it to a townie. It doesn't ensure you pass it to someone who will pass it to a townie. My use of the voting stick, or lack thereof, was completely independent of my worry about how it could be used in the future.

I'd prefer to have a bit more players weigh in on the issue before I answer (or post to show they aren't concerned about the issue), but I can't always get what I want.

The short answer: He only had 1 post.

Longer answer: Laarz was a target that fit multiple criteria.

1. I like knowing more about lurkers. Giving them an ability and seeing how/if they use it can be a good way to learn more about them.
2. I like to see if players are consistent. If Laarz received the voting stick, would players treat Laarz as they treated me? Would Sathoris? Would you? Would others?
3. Come end game, I want more information about players, rather than less. Lurker Laarz has a knack for making it till end game. Other lurkers, not so much. Noodle is frequently lynched for being a lurker (or for not being is usual lurker self) and korialstraz has been mod-killed for inactivity in the past. I felt that Laarz was more likely to make it to end game so when end game hits, we know more about Laarz rather than less.

p.s. Laarz isn't the number 1 lurker. Laarz had a post before TC warned him for not having a post.

I can see the thought process behind that, and interestingly it has meant that Laarz is posting more today so far. I don't necessarily agree 100% with your idea, but it is logical and the sort of thing I can imagine you doing.

@Moar: You appear to be the most annoyed about Goryani's choice, who would you have given it to?

On a completely separate point I am not sure, but I feel I might be the only one that knows the lore of SG but I found pharphis's flip very very interesting. For one Martouf is not present in Atlantis, Two he is considered a good guy (being a Tok'Ra*), Three I am incredibly surprised that he is a Zombie given that he is host to a Symbiote.

My conclusions based on this is that we cannot tell any humans alignment.

* A Tok'Ra is kind of related to the Goa'uld. Specifically speaking the Goa'uld are a parasitic organism that take over hosts (normally humans) and give them godlike powers (long life, glowing eyes etc.). A Tok'Ra is a Goa'uld that enters into a symbiotic relation ship with a host, sharing the body of the host and in return providing them long life. Martouf isa human who is host to a symbiote by the name of Lantash. Often in SG, the dual person Martouf / Lantash is just referred to as Martouf. I found it surprising that Martouf could become a zombie, given that his symbiote should protect him. My only guess from a law point of view is that Martouf no longer has his symbiote and thus I suspect that all humans could potentially be zombies.

A few quick thoughts before getting back to work.

Noodle is making a few ripples, but as he explained he has more time available than previously, that could explain it. I'm also not going to question his reasoning, especially seeing as it has roots in his RL situation. Being questioned, doubted or even called out on your explenations due to real life happening sucks.

Drixx strikes me as pro-town for the moment. Posing some good questions and generally not acting suspicious in my eyes.

Goryani: Your question about if stick was given to x then z thing... I dunno. The instant I saw it, I thought very few were going to answer. I've tried similar with bad results, however if even just a couple answers it, then that might lead to interesting discussions. Apart from that I've not got a solid read on you. You're leading towards town, but at the same time there is just something that seems... off. Can't really explain it any better.

Zombies: I don't think people who are killed by zombies will come back to life again as zombies. It wouldn't really add anything to the game, and imo would most likely just artificially prolong it, as we'd instantly know that whoever comes back is a zombie. Unless of course there is another resurrection mechanic, which given the technology available in Stargate, isn't completely unlikely. But for now there is no signs of such a mechanic, and as such I'm more inclined to believe other scenarios.

I'm going to take a stab at guessing some possible zombie mechanics, based on similar mechanics that have been used in previous games. First off from the last Stargate game, zombies have a choice between either trying to bite someone, thus turning that person into a zombie (without anyone else knowing), or as as been mentioned every other night they do a kill or a recruit action. Both of which could explain why we have 2 deaths.

Another which just crossed my mind is that the person who locks a vote could end up being infected in the process. Would be interesting mechanic to see in game, but apart from the two possibilities mentioned above, anything else becomes highly speculative.

Moar seems the usual self, as does kestegs I think. It's a moot point to mention now, but pharphis was throwing up tons of red flags whenever I tried to catch up on day 1. I'd like it to be said that I was tempted to brush some of it off as just being a change in play style from when I last played with him, but other peoples posts with the same concerns, and pulling similarities to his mafia play didn't help his cause in my eyes.

Now with that said...

"Work work. Yes mi lord! Okey..."

Numbers: If you got to kill one person you thought was scummy right now, who would you choose?

Pyro: I haven't heard too much from you, what are your thoughts on the game? Scum? Town?

Also, I'm still fairly skeptical of Noodle.

On a completely separate point I am not sure, but I feel I might be the only one that knows the lore of SG but I found pharphis's flip very very interesting. For one Martouf is not present in Atlantis, Two he is considered a good guy (being a Tok'Ra*), Three I am incredibly surprised that he is a Zombie given that he is host to a Symbiote.

My conclusions based on this is that we cannot tell any humans alignment.

* A Tok'Ra is kind of related to the Goa'uld. Specifically speaking the Goa'uld are a parasitic organism that take over hosts (normally humans) and give them godlike powers (long life, glowing eyes etc.). A Tok'Ra is a Goa'uld that enters into a symbiotic relation ship with a host, sharing the body of the host and in return providing them long life. Martouf isa human who is host to a symbiote by the name of Lantash. Often in SG, the dual person Martouf / Lantash is just referred to as Martouf. I found it surprising that Martouf could become a zombie, given that his symbiote should protect him. My only guess from a law point of view is that Martouf no longer has his symbiote and thus I suspect that all humans could potentially be zombies.

Interesting read on this. For some reason I didn't even think about symbiotes and how they might affect zombie mechanics. I just assumed that a zombie bite was a zombie bite, no matter what. I guess that's the fun of trying to juxtapose zombies into Stargate canon. Maybe the zombie bit Pharphis and hit the symbiote with the bite, lol.

Numbers: If you got to kill one person you thought was scummy right now, who would you choose?

Pyro: I haven't heard too much from you, what are your thoughts on the game? Scum? Town?

Also, I'm still fairly skeptical of Noodle.

Flubbucket would have been my first choice at the start of the day, simply because of the promised vote that never materialized. However, I'm not going to question a rl based reason for that vote not happening, so...at this point, I think I would be more inclined to shoot noodle because lurkers add to the confusion.

Maybe the zombie bit Pharphis and hit the symbiote with the bite, lol.

A recruiting technique like that sounds mighty scary. I don't know much about the lore of SG but looking into a quick wiki search Martouf shows he died after being turned into a Za'tarc, but inherently he was a good guy in the series. Thus far, there is much evidence for recruiting, I would think.

I think I would be more inclined to shoot noodle because lurkers add to the confusion.

Oooookay. Then what about the other lurkers? Korial, Laarz, AAA. Why not them?

I think I would be more inclined to shoot noodle because lurkers add to the confusion.

I'm not usually one to give other players advice on how to play, but I'll make an exception. You should really think about actually reading the thread - you would have noticed that I've been under fire specifically for NOT lurking. I think you'll enjoy the game a bit more if you make a modest effort to follow along. Just a thought.

Just in case people haven't checked what TC posted about the Stick

Voting stick:
- Allows owner to double by using Vote1: X and Vote2: X
- Must be passed on during the following night phase, or it will be destroyed
- Cannot be passed on to previous owners
- If there are no possible candidates to pass it on to, it will be destroyed
- If owner is killed during the night he receives or lynched during the day he owns it, it will be destroyed as well

I stand by my vote.

@Jcakes
I would have passed it to me if I were Gory since I am the only twnie I am sure of. If I had it D1 I would have not passed it on since I wasn't sure who else was townie. And I don't wan't that thing in mafia hands. Here I assume that it will be destroyed if the owner doesn't pass it on. That said I will not vote for anyone having it in the first 3 days just in case it is in town hands. It can be a powerful weapon for town. It can be a powerful weapon for mafia later on, so it has to go after the early advantage for town has passed.

A recruiting technique like that sounds mighty scary. I don't know much about the lore of SG but looking into a quick wiki search Martouf shows he died after being turned into a Za'tarc, but inherently he was a good guy in the series. Thus far, there is much evidence for recruiting, I would think.

Yeah, yeah, that's enough lurking accusations against me out of you, BPC.

Zombies could somehow be tied in more closely to Stargate storylines than we thought. All this talk about Go'auld and how they forcefully take over bodies makes me think it bears some similarity to how zombie diseases take over a person and give them a sort of quasi-invincibility (in that zombies can lose a limb and just keep going). The infection thing is different as it's disease (zombie) v. parasite (go'auld) but they're not completely removed from one another.

Laarz and AAA voted for pharscum, Korial almost got themselves mod killed, I don't think scum would have voted for phar for the reasons I expressed before, or risked getting mod killed. Noodle neither voted for phar nor got himself almost mod killed, so I don't have any reason to think he's town.

I'm not usually one to give other players advice on how to play, but I'll make an exception. You should really think about actually reading the thread - you would have noticed that I've been under fire specifically for NOT lurking. I think you'll enjoy the game a bit more if you make a modest effort to follow along. Just a thought.

You were under fire for making one long post that explained something to me, not really for not lurking that I can see? Though you may be posting more than normal(this is my first game with you, so I can't really speak about that) I do see that the posts you've made have been rather unsubstantive, other than the ones you've made to defend yourself. Just defending oneself, without actually taking any action that seems to be scumhunting, isn't actually lurking true, but it does keep me from drawing any connections that I can use to place you even tentatively as either town or scum.

BTW, I've actually followed this game much more closely than any other game I've been in so far.

BPC, and everyone: Vig shot, who do you shoot and why?

Laarz and AAA voted for pharscum, Korial almost got themselves mod killed, I don't think scum would have voted for phar for the reasons I expressed before, or risked getting mod killed. Noodle neither voted for phar nor got himself almost mod killed, so I don't have any reason to think he's town.

You were under fire for making one long post that explained something to me, not really for not lurking that I can see? Though you may be posting more than normal(this is my first game with you, so I can't really speak about that) I do see that the posts you've made have been rather unsubstantive, other than the ones you've made to defend yourself. Just defending oneself, without actually taking any action that seems to be scumhunting, isn't actually lurking true, but it does keep me from drawing any connections that I can use to place you even tentatively as either town or scum.

BTW, I've actually followed this game much more closely than any other game I've been in so far.

BPC, and everyone: Vig shot, who do you shoot and why?

That post is scum unless I am completely mistaken. Then my vote will go back to Gory.

Unvote: Gory

Vote: Numbers

I stand by my vote.

@Jcakes
I would have passed it to me if I were Gory since I am the only twnie I am sure of. If I had it D1 I would have not passed it on since I wasn't sure who else was townie. And I don't wan't that thing in mafia hands. Here I assume that it will be destroyed if the owner doesn't pass it on. That said I will not vote for anyone having it in the first 3 days just in case it is in town hands. It can be a powerful weapon for town. It can be a powerful weapon for mafia later on, so it has to go after the early advantage for town has passed.

Moar, you claim quite assertively that you're town but what proof can you provide that you're not a zombie? Because to me it seems possible that you're a zombie just trying to seem like a townie so that you can get passed the stick if the current holder is town.

I'll wait a bit to see if anybody else notices it. I might be mistaken and reading too much into it. If the slip is there, then others will notice it as well.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High