Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

I'm pretty certain drixx is scum,and thats so I'd big shot today.

So should we ask Laarz to not pass on the vote stick ?

That was good info about the lore. So maybe Pharphis was originally town and got recruited on n1.

Wow , proof reading would be smart.

"I'm pretty sure drixx is scum, and that's who I'd vig shot today. "

I'd probably shoot Gory. Scum vibe is there on him and could lead to discussion regarding the voting stick.

There are a few people who I'm surprised I haven't heard from today. Over halfway through the day and no Pyro?

I still feel like we're honestly best served looking at who may have been teamed with Pharphis. Goryani came up with a good a posteriori explanation for how he behaved yesterday, but it seems to me the most simple explanation for him refusing to vote Pharphis is that he was on the same team.

Pharphis is the one with a reputation for bussing, which puts AAA a little bit into the position of doubt, but I'm not sure even Pharphis would 1st day bus for no reason, and it was almost the first move he made. There's also that connection where it looked like Pharphis and Kestegs were working together and something happened that made Pharphis walk back whatever he originally planned to say. I don't know about you guys, but I don't think that "I don't really have a reason" admission was the original intent. Pharphis didn't breadcrumb over several posts and the better part of a day that he had something on AAA without some plan to get us to believe him and lynch AAA. I don't know why he backed out of whatever he originally had planned, but it seems pretty clear (read post #175) that he backed out at the last minute for some reason.

The strongest connections I see to Pharphis are his attack on Noodle, the appearance that He and Kestegs were tag teaming AAA, and Goryani's refusal to vote him (or use any other active approach to having the vote stick).

I stand by my vote.

@Jcakes
I would have passed it to me if I were Gory since I am the only twnie I am sure of. If I had it D1 I would have not passed it on since I wasn't sure who else was townie. And I don't wan't that thing in mafia hands. Here I assume that it will be destroyed if the owner doesn't pass it on. That said I will not vote for anyone having it in the first 3 days just in case it is in town hands. It can be a powerful weapon for town. It can be a powerful weapon for mafia later on, so it has to go after the early advantage for town has passed.

You started off not answering my question and then did so thanks. My questions was really if you had the voting stick D1 who would you pass it to, interesting that you'd rather it get destroyed than pass it on, I actually had not thought that would be a good use.

That was good info about the lore. So maybe Pharphis was originally town and got recruited on n1.

It is possible he was recruited N1, didn't really think of that. I kind of assumed we were in a Zombie apocalypse and people started off as Zombies (including people I'd normally consider a town charcter - like Martouf)

I still feel like we're honestly best served looking at who may have been teamed with Pharphis. Goryani came up with a good a posteriori explanation for how he behaved yesterday, but it seems to me the most simple explanation for him refusing to vote Pharphis is that he was on the same team.

Pharphis is the one with a reputation for bussing, which puts AAA a little bit into the position of doubt, but I'm not sure even Pharphis would 1st day bus for no reason, and it was almost the first move he made. There's also that connection where it looked like Pharphis and Kestegs were working together and something happened that made Pharphis walk back whatever he originally planned to say. I don't know about you guys, but I don't think that "I don't really have a reason" admission was the original intent. Pharphis didn't breadcrumb over several posts and the better part of a day that he had something on AAA without some plan to get us to believe him and lynch AAA. I don't know why he backed out of whatever he originally had planned, but it seems pretty clear (read post #175) that he backed out at the last minute for some reason.

The strongest connections I see to Pharphis are his attack on Noodle, the appearance that He and Kestegs were tag teaming AAA, and Goryani's refusal to vote him (or use any other active approach to having the vote stick).

I think the person that stikes me as having the biggest connection to pharph is antsers. My justification for voting Antswers, was it felt like an early bus from pharphis (following kestegs lead).

Numbers last minute lock is also very scummy, kind of like he was waiting to see if there would be a mislynch (in which case he doesn't vote) or if it is at L-1 he locks to be on the train. That coupled with the fact that he appears to be trying to point out at every opportunity that scum wouldn't be on pharphis's train .....

First thing, I see the most likely reason for two deaths is scum NK and vigilante night action. I find two scum factions less likely. Just my opinion, you may season it to your tastes.

Laarz and AAA voted for pharscum, Korial almost got themselves mod killed, I don't think scum would have voted for phar for the reasons I expressed before, or risked getting mod killed. Noodle neither voted for phar nor got himself almost mod killed, so I don't have any reason to think he's town.

...........<snip>.................
I'm not sure I'm following your logic here.

If Two Vote Laarz and AntsyPantsy are scummy they would/did vote for pharphis but for different reasons??

And if korialstraz is scummy he won't try to save himself from modkill by posting at the last minute??

I'm sorry but I just found this so hilarious when I read it, despite it being a suggestion aimed at me.

I think that this is premature to decide this based upon one person's opinion that the vote stick going to the zombies is a bad thing. At the very end of the game when it could alter which day MYLO/LYLO land on, but we might have a cop out there investigating people. It's possible we can have some confirmed townies near the end of the game who haven't had the stick, and it could get passed into known townie hands at the end of the game.

A townie can simply choose to hold on to and destroy the stick if we get to mid game and there's not any kind of way to keep it out of zombie hands for the endgame. Destroying it now destroys our chance to see how each person uses it, which could be interesting and potentially useful.

I thought the lore was interesting also, and if his name does mean he started town but got bitten, then what could we logically assume based upon that premise?

Wow , proof reading would be smart.

"I'm pretty sure drixx is scum, and that's who I'd vig shot today. "

I laughed at the first one, but this one is all legit and such. You're the first person to finger me as scum with such certainty. Any particular reason?

I think the person that stikes me as having the biggest connection to pharph is antsers. My justification for voting Antswers, was it felt like an early bus from pharphis (following kestegs lead)

Numbers last minute lock is also very scummy, kind of like he was waiting to see if there would be a mislynch (in which case he doesn't vote) or if it is at L-1 he locks to be on the train. That coupled with the fact that he appears to be trying to point out at every opportunity that scum wouldn't be on pharphis's train .....

So this would be an AAA, Pharphis, Kestegs and Numbers team? Now that I think about it, numbers has been harping a bit on nobody late in the vote being scum.

So this would be an AAA, Pharphis, Kestegs and Numbers team? Now that I think about it, numbers has been harping a bit on nobody late in the vote being scum.

I am not convinced that kegs is scum to be honest. I'll have to reread through the thread, but feeling very sleep deprived atm.

It's very possible that Kestegs just had the misfortune of giving Pharphis an opening to make a play... but if Kestegs wasn't teamed with Pharphis, how do we explain the odd interaction they had where Pharphis pushed Kestegs to give a reason, and then Pharphis goes from a series of posts promising a reason that would convince us to vote AAA to then walking it back to "it was just a bluff to see how AAA and others would respond". The only reason I'm tentatively viewing Kestegs as tentatively zombie team is because of that interaction. It's possible I suppose that Pharphis was rubbing his zombie stink all over Kestegs knowing that someone would see a connection? I don't know that Kestegs can really say anything to convince us that he wasn't connected ... but going forward how he plays will probably help determine.

It's very possible that Kestegs just had the misfortune of giving Pharphis an opening to make a play... but if Kestegs wasn't teamed with Pharphis, how do we explain the odd interaction they had where Pharphis pushed Kestegs to give a reason, and then Pharphis goes from a series of posts promising a reason that would convince us to vote AAA to then walking it back to "it was just a bluff to see how AAA and others would respond". The only reason I'm tentatively viewing Kestegs as tentatively zombie team is because of that interaction. It's possible I suppose that Pharphis was rubbing his zombie stink all over Kestegs knowing that someone would see a connection? I don't know that Kestegs can really say anything to convince us that he wasn't connected ... but going forward how he plays will probably help determine.

If kestegs is a scum partner of pharphis, then how do you explain his 10th vote in the closing minutes? The 10th vote that pushed pharphis into lynch territory.

Personally, I consider kestegs to be the most townie person right now, simply because of that. I'm not ruling out the possibility of a long bus play, but I consider it far more likely that kestegs is simply town.

First thing, I see the most likely reason for two deaths is scum NK and vigilante night action. I find two scum factions less likely. Just my opinion, you may season it to your tastes.

In a hypothetical Vig/Scum scenario, who do you think was vig'd? Gwaihir or Sathoris?

Information about the Voting Stick has been added to the first post of the thread, under Alignment information.

My new question is now if Goryani had all this information before the night ended and he made his decision? Is it possible you could answer this TC?

I'd prefer to have a bit more players weigh in on the issue before I answer (or post to show they aren't concerned about the issue), but I can't always get what I want.

The short answer: He only had 1 post.

Longer answer: Laarz was a target that fit multiple criteria.

1. I like knowing more about lurkers. Giving them an ability and seeing how/if they use it can be a good way to learn more about them.
2. I like to see if players are consistent. If Laarz received the voting stick, would players treat Laarz as they treated me? Would Sathoris? Would you? Would others?
3. Come end game, I want more information about players, rather than less. Lurker Laarz has a knack for making it till end game. Other lurkers, not so much. Noodle is frequently lynched for being a lurker (or for not being is usual lurker self) and korialstraz has been mod-killed for inactivity in the past. I felt that Laarz was more likely to make it to end game so when end game hits, we know more about Laarz rather than less.

p.s. Laarz isn't the number 1 lurker. Laarz had a post before TC warned him for not having a post.

That's a song, valid points and all coming from Goryani, which is never unexpected , but...

As expected you came up with an explanation that I can't really find fault in. Hmmmmmm.

Seeing how anyone would use the voting stick in early game does not scream definitive to me because scum will benefit much more from holding the voting stick closer to end game. In the meantime any scum that has the voting stick will probably use the voting stick in a town manner just for appearances.

Most importantly:
I would learn less if I voted and way less if I used a double vote. Yes, that's selfish and LAMIST up the wazoo but that's how I play (I'm not interested in proving my towniness by acting townie but by finding scum). It's also the core reason the last time I was town and didn't vote for a scum pharphis with either Vote 1 or Vote 2 during Day 1 (that and because pharphis scum partner Sathoris egged me on to vote pharphis).

Didn't I make this point yesterday? I think I made this point yesterday. Yeah...I did, in response to you requesting everyone to pick someone to use the second vote on if I remember correctly.

Here's Pyro also strangely questioning Gwaihir for speculating about what the zombie presence in the game might mean.

Yes, I questioned it, he was the first one, and the only one to point to a zombie mechanic at that point. He was also particular on the type of mechanic (post restriction), it seemed like something relevant to follow up on.

Jimminy Christmas, that smarts!

You literally waited until the last minute to cast your vote. Your vote was the locking vote, but kesteg's vote is the one that pushed pharphis into lynch territory. You were very quiet in the final hour of the day, such as someone might be when wanting to see if a partner could get away with a few missing votes, but ready to jump on the train if the votes come in.

I find your vote on pharphis suspect, and the fact that you're calling into question others' voting habits makes me all the more wary.

I love how normally someone putting the locking vote on a person and that person flipping scum would normally be a townie thing to do, but since it was so late its actually considered scummy. Just an amusement that I've apparently never realized before.

But a valid point none the less, it does seem more like a "I need to be on this lynch since it is in fact happening" kind of play.

@Everyone

Fill in the blanks: If Goryani gave the Voting Stick to _____ I would interpret that as a townie move. If Goryani gave the Voting Stick to _____ I would interpret that as a scum move.

The answer to this varies greatly depending on if you knew that the stick couldn't be passed to the same person twice during the game, so I'm going to refrain from answering until I know that. From a town perspective though it is impossible to know who other townies are, so whoever its passed too would have been based on day 1 reads which are usually not very reliable.

I'll be disappointed and suspicious as that isn't Laarz's style. Even during D1 he contributed more than a single post with merely a vote1.

We also get to judge Laarz on whom he gives the Vote Stick. I consider that a better judge of character since I value votes so little. One's discussion that leads to a vote is more important than the actual vote.

And I wouldn't expect that from Laarz either. Even though Laarz is a lurker in most normal situations he actually makes contributions in comparison to other lurkers we know (cough Noodle cough). I still maintain that getting a judgement of character on Laarz from him holding the voting stick/passing on the vote stick will not be reliable.

What did you conclude from Drixx's response or lack thereof? What would you have concluded if he did the opposite?

I concluded that he apparently was not concerned with my vote and/or the possibility of others following. The most likely reason for that would be the kegs/phar/ant discussion that was happening and that he probably didn't see himself in much danger of being lynched, but maybe we should ask him why he disregarded it. Drixx, why were you not concerned about my vote?

If he had continued to make comments about additional votes being put on him and got on the defensive I would have thought he was hiding something/feared something had been found out about him that he didn't want known, especially since the votes had nothing of substance behind them.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High