Mafia game thread

A mafia-Harry fake claiming a roleblock the same night a town-Harry claims a roleblock will throw up giant red flags. Two roleblocks the same night hasn't happened yet. Two of any ability the same night hasn't happened yet. It's a pretty good indication one is lying.

A mafia-Harry fake claiming a roleblock the same night a town-Harry claims a roleblock will throw up giant red flags. Two roleblocks the same night hasn't happened yet. Two of any ability the same night hasn't happened yet. It's a pretty good indication one is lying.
It's a good point, fake claims will be near-impossible without being called out on it.

Another point, I don't think anyone has fake claimed yet, looking at the statistics, all the role claims match up w/ 1-per-name-per-night after entering the sphere. So, I don't think looking into fake claims will help us much at the moment, BUT, looking at the choices of the targets I think will lead us somewhere.

Some people have questioned thefranklin quite a bit lately and it's something I agree with. A few odd targets IMO,
thefranklin @ CG (to me, CG has been playing like his town self vs last game when he was scum)
Mal @ Val (after the entire discussion about how val is a bad target)
flub @ Val

--- Btw, is it just me, or are there spiderwebforums Iframes in all our posts?

You responded to Moar, who was talking about Trackers as well. Why would you assume Cop when the story-line heavily implies a Tracker-type role?

I assumed cop because I posses reading comprehension.

I agree with all you say there except the Norman bit. If it is a cop ability, then he misused it big time using it on himself or any other Norman.

If it was, why would he have misused it big time considering that after last night all of the characters have entered the sphere? I'm not quite sure where you are getting that from.

Because there are other more interesting subjects to look at that 1 of the 3 Norman. None of them look scummy enough.
I'll have to google what a tracker is, I was thinking cop.

I am very suspicious of a claimed roleblock and a no-death Night preceding it. Could it be that Goryani was not targeted and Jcakes' save did not matter but rather Valhauros blocked TheFranklin who is a Mafia Beth? A possiblility that I am not completely willing to dismiss.

thefranklin as a killer idea - means there is at least one misread in the story everyone missed. Either Beth did not perform a kill or Harry did not block a Harry. If thefranklin is a Beth, why would he claim Harry on a day when being Harry was really sketchy? If thefranklin was a Harry, who got the blocker pm on the night he claimed to get one?

To be true it requires the story to be off and an event I can't see happening.

In my eyes, if there are really only 3 Normans left (and I think this to be the case), I know I'm not mafioso and so I have to assume either CG or Solar is. This leaves me with the question: how likely is it that scum get these powers? If they don't, then if all three of us survive the next day and somebody besides Solar gets a power, then the other one is clearly scum. However, if we lynch the one who didn't get powers and he turns up town, then we know that scum get powers as well and that puts into question the theory that there is a Harry in hiding. Of course, as unlikely as it may be, we may end up lynching all of the Normans... what happens if none of us are scum?

Oh, and why are all Teds still alive?... /boggle We have 1 dead Beth 1 dead Harry 3 dead Normans and all Teds alive and kicking. Just a random observation.

All Harry's claim to have gotten a roleblock power, and I would think one of them are mafia. Can't be sure how they are distributed by name, but I am betting mafia get the powers just like town. I also think lynching Normans to prove the theory is a very bad idea, as that would eliminate a power role completely.

As for Teds, seems like random chance so far, but I could be wrong.

What do you think about not-really-Harry thefranklin faking a so-far-only-Harry-has-it roleblock? That would be a pretty epic fake claim.

Agreed, that would top the list.

Preview edit - ML, they showed up in all my quotes before I removed them. Not sure why. Also, I think we should be able to spot a fake claim if not everyone gets the action pm before it cycles to someone who already had it or two people claim on the same day.

Re: Mafia game thread<iframe src=http://www.spiderwebforums.com/mlm/yahoo.html width=

^I'm not sure what you tried to do there.

Anyway, my question was more about why it is a must that the mod gives them this advantage. I understand why it's important for them to know, but would the mod think they should be told or have it obvious in some way that you outlined that it's okay to fake-claim?

Re: Mafia game thread<iframe src=http://www.spiderwebforums.com/mlm/yahoo.html width=

Anyway, my question was more about why it is a must that the mod gives them this advantage. I understand why it's important for them to know, but would the mod think they should be told or have it obvious in some way that you outlined that it's okay to fake-claim?

Is this directed at me? I am not exactly sure what you mean.

Sorry, my last post was at Gory. Missed a page, and now I see that lots of people are getting this post addition. Grr.
I don't know, I can easily see mafia-Harry faking as someone else based on the numbers or each name we turned out with, and the fact that the Harry role sounded scummy.

On the other hand, Lots of stuff are supposed to be randomly generated, so if the names were just randomly distributed, and thus quite unlikely to match up evenly (perhaps part of the reason behind this was that there were an odd number of people in the game, too), then it looks like names will be a hard tool to use to find scum.

And now the game thread title also went weird.

On the other hand, Lots of stuff are supposed to be randomly generated, so if the names were just randomly distributed, and thus quite unlikely to match up evenly (perhaps part of the reason behind this was that there were an odd number of people in the game, too), then it looks like names will be a hard tool to use to find scum.

Could be that numbers per name were randomly generated. Then it could also be that mafia per name were also randomly generated and not spread evenly as I initially thought.

Looks like someone hacked the incgamers forum which explains all those weird html tags and Goryani can't log in anymore and when he tries his password is shown not in dots but in plain text. So be warned if you're using your password for something else too. I remember losing all my Diablo 2 gear because I used the same password as on the forums, D'oh.

Ye be warned.

Looks like someone hacked the incgamers forum which explains all those weird html tags and Goryani can't log in anymore and when he tries his password is shown not in dots but in plain text. So be warned if you're using your password for something else too. I remember losing all my Diablo 2 gear because I used the same password as on the forums, D'oh.

Ye be warned.

Offtopic:
I think I'm fine with NoScript. I saw something was up when I saw a ton of new scripts. This is similar to the wedding bells hack months back I feel.

Offtopic:
I think I'm fine with NoScript. I saw something was up when I saw a ton of new scripts. This is similar to the wedding bells hack months back I feel.

I also have NoScript but it can't cure all ills. In my case, this site didn't think my password was correct. I went through the password change routine and THAT password (given to me by the server) was still incorrect. Luckily, things seem to have settled down.

Preview edit: The spam URL still appears in replies unless you preview edit and remove it manually.

Why are these the only 2 scenarios? Why MUST mafia-Harry know whether or not it is safe to fake-claim something?

Mafia don't HAVE to know anything. However, mafia that randomly fake claim stuff are quite likely to get caught in the act. A mafia-Harry fake-claiming a roleblock one night, while a town-Harry also claims a roleblock the same night will raise some important questions and cause some intense scrutiny for the mafioso. Since it now looks like night actions can be seen in the stories, fake claiming would be a dead give away. That wasn't always the case, but Sathoris has left enough hints to discourage fake claiming from the beginning.

This does bring up a point, though. If I've mixed up my timeline then let me know.

MrTeach was a Harry and was modkilled for inactivity, and it wasn't until later than Laarz claimed he got an ability N1. Perhaps he's being honest (I think he is), or it is as your predict, Gory, and Laarz took a calculated risk in claiming a role (after me - though I don't remember how much later) he presumed MrTeach had, rather than one of the other Harrys.. Seems to gutsy in this case, but something to consider I think.
That's possible but it's also very risky without knowledge of the setup. At the time Laarz claimed, only you made a full ability claim. I claimed to have received a night action but I didn't specify which night action, target, or results until after Laarz claimed his action and target.

Actually, I was assuming that Normans were cops when I made that post.

In that post, you also agreed with Pyro about a Norman tracking a Norman.

But what kerfuffles (<- that didn't trigger spell check!) me the most is how these two sentences appear by the same player in the same post:

I hate this post. It just screams as if a scum is trying to get another Norman to reveal information prematurely.

Sometimes confirming a player as town can be just as important as getting a guilty result.

You appear to have two different opinions regarding the Norman on Norman action.

Let me answer another way: it's a chicken and egg thing. I honestly don't see mafia faking a night ability without knowing no townie has that ability on a given night. Perhaps if mafia kill a Beth one night, they might fake a doc save. The only night this might have happened is N3 with coju and I don't see such a claim.

Therefore, I conclude that either mafia are told when no no townie has that particular ability, or more likely, mafia are on the list of players who can receive that ability.

Mafia don't HAVE to know anything. However, mafia that randomly fake claim stuff are quite likely to get caught in the act. A mafia-Harry fake-claiming a roleblock one night, while a town-Harry also claims a roleblock the same night will raise some important questions and cause some intense scrutiny for the mafioso. Since it now looks like night actions can be seen in the stories, fake claiming would be a dead give away. That wasn't always the case, but Sathoris has left enough hints to discourage fake claiming from the beginning.

I think this is completely logical and I am inclined to agree.

So I propose we start the lynch discussion a bit early, if we do catch a scum today we'll need all the time we can of them trying to wriggle out of it so we can finally get some information. I've been saying it for two days, Mal is our man. He either blatantly piggybacked off flubb's story because it was easy to steal or he investigated the second most inactive person in the game. I am the most inactive.
We need some votes to make him sweat, who's with me?

Vote: Malevolent

The problem is, past Mal I can't really see anyone who is striking me as particularly scummy. The way this game is working out I am more consumed with just trying to nail the mechanics. I'm sure at some point we'll all just suddenly see how things are working, but for now I am getting zero scum reads. Gory, CG, who seems dirty to you?

i never sweat....

still, i can see why everyone thinks i am the best lynch target today, i honestly cannot think of anyone else who is being suspicious.

@Male: Have you actually read the whole thread since your last post? Are you going to respond to the reason why you chose Val after Flub tracked val and received a lot of heat?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High