The WoT Mafia Game

Re: The WoT Mafia Game

Current vote count:

Sathoris [3]: Uraj; Asrrin; Gullik
Valhauros [1]: Sathoris

Day ends in roughly 8 hours, 35 minutes.

@Gullik
@Feysal

Are you mod confirmed town to each other?

I have a question for you Goryani, who are your top 3 scum and top 3 town at this point?

Town:
Gullik [*]
Bad Ash
Feysal [*]
Drixx

[*] - Assumes Feysal confirms what Gullik has said. Also assumed they are mod confirmed to each other.

I can't shake the feeling that either Asrrin or Sathoris are lying about their alignment.

Asrrin: Role cop as pro-town feels off to me based on the scum roles we've seen so far. If Asrrin is pro-town, then I feel one of the other claimed power roles is scum. Comparing the claimed town power roles to the known scum roles shows disparity in power. I'm not sure what a compulsor does, so maybe it feels off because I don't know how it should feel.

Sathoris: Where do I begin? The repeating night kill flavor and today's story specifically saying: "like Techno..." He has a number of voting 'issues.'

Despite having reservations about them, I'm not advocating their lynch today. Today, I label 6 out of 13 as low key. Tomorrow it might be 6 out of 8. That's the nightmare scenario. I suspect we'll be seeing a number of vanilla townie claims among the remaining players. It's better to address as many low key players before LYLO and MYLO as possible.

Yeah, back to your original question. You want me to name three names. If I were compelled to answer, I would say the other 2 are among the 6 low key players but I wouldn't get more specific. At least not yet. I'd rather not taint my test by giving away the answers I'm looking for.

1) Assrin. He found us a scum, and has been accurate with his reads ever since. You have also been pretty pro town in my book. Gullik and Feysal are looking pretty good, but I think at this point role names would be good to have.

I wanted to know who among the 6 I named you consider townie. The names you mentioned aren't among the 6.

------------------------------

Unfortunately, it's probably too late for mass claiming to significantly affect today's lynch. I'm still game for it, but the lynch discussion needs to happen in parallel.

My claim:
Caluin Graye said:
You are Rhuarc, Aiel warrior and clain chief of the Taardad. You willingly follow the Dragon Reborn, known to your people as the Cara'a'carn, 'He Who Comes With the Dawn.' You are a fierce warrior with a strong sense of honor.

WIN CONDITION: TOWN

POWERS:
None.

I'm not going to pick a name and say Soandso is next. I don't think we have time for that.

-----------------------------------

Vote: Valhauros

You're just too quiet for me to get a read on.

I can confirm Feysal was my target. I can also confirm that I was visited on night three by someone who also tried to empower me.

So Asrrin, I have to ask, were you empowered?

I might be crazy, but lynch a lurker isn't sounding like a bad strategy today. Any by lurker, I mean anyone I'd simply like to know more about. My list would include: Valhauros, ThunderCat, Uraj, Gwaihir, Leopold Stotch and Laarz. To each of those players, I have some questions.

1. Who among you do you consider to be townie enough you wouldn't vote for them today. Why?
2. If you don't find any worthy of not voting, who would you most like to see lynched. Why?
3. If we mass claim today and you got to choose who claims next, who would you chose? (it can be anyone in the game)

1. Gwaihir - Started Ankeli's lynch and looks to be making an effort at deciphering the game.
3. ThunderCat --Second highest suspect going in to today, so I'd still like to see his next.

If I claimed now would it interfere with this questionnaire?

Ah, I see, misunderstood your question. Of the 5 that are not me:

I think Valhauros and TC are both town. Following that I also think Uraj is town based on the vote switch away from a town train to a mafia train very early (although he did switch back. The two I find most suspicious are Leo and Laarz.

Of the options on the table now, I think Sath is more suspicious than Val.

Vote: Sathoris

Are you mod confirmed town to each other?

No, I'm still pretty sure of him though.

Everyone remember that we need both a target for Drixx to ragekill and a lynch target.

Since Sath has already claimed and all that I think he makes a better Drixx kill. I would like to put some pressure on Thundercat.

Unvote: Sathoris
Vote: Thundercat

We need to clear out who is ragekilled and who is lynched before days end so we don't accidentally kill the empowerer, without a claim, which seems town to me.

I might be crazy, but lynch a lurker isn't sounding like a bad strategy today. Any by lurker, I mean anyone I'd simply like to know more about. My list would include: Valhauros, ThunderCat, Uraj, Gwaihir, Leopold Stotch and Laarz. To each of those players, I have some questions.

1. Who among you do you consider to be townie enough you wouldn't vote for them today. Why?
2. If you don't find any worthy of not voting, who would you most like to see lynched. Why?
3. If we mass claim today and you got to choose who claims next, who would you chose? (it can be anyone in the game)

1.Well it goes without saying, myself, but of them I dont think I would vote Val, I think hes town,just waiting for someone to step up and confirm him.
2. The jury still out on that one.
3.Thundercat.

I'll make it easy for you. If my kill flavour shows up the next night aswell you can lynch me all you want because I meant I was lying all along. Right now I think we have more dangerous problems. Unknown problems that can and will make end game a whole lot more difficult. We're already have no time for massclaiming anymore because frankly people didn't bother to respond to it, which is the whole problem.

I'm all up for lynching a lurker. Any of Laarz, Leo or Val will do. Of those people Val just oozes scum to me. Let's all get involded people! I'd hate to see 'died of apathy' on my tombstone today..

All caught up and still don't see anything resembling a sure thing. At the moment, leaning towards TC or Val.

Here's my claim then.

Caluin Graye said:
You are Morgase Trakand, former Queen of Andor. After having been manipulated by the Forsaken into compromising your throne, you've gone into hiding as a serving girl to Perrin Aybara.

POWERS:
Hide: If targeted for a night kill, you will evade it and run into hiding, abdicating your throne. Once you come back after a day phase, you will not be able to vote.

After a few questions back and forth with Caluin Graye, it seems that if I die during the night, I will go missing for a whole day phase and come back the next day without having a vote power. Basically becoming a voteless treestump.

I dont think I will be voting for Sath. I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being with his claim which was out of the blue and unpressured.

I would like to see Laarz or Gwahir or Val lynched today

I am in a Mason group with Feysal and Gullik. We have our own QT. The former hid the clues in his posts #573 (masonval: myself and some other names viewed as likely) and #684 (masongul: make anyone, scum or not, give uneasy looks). And here is my role claim, but I am leaving a part out for safety issues. By the way, I will be using spoiler tags to make the post more easy to read and digest; nevertheless, I suggest you read all of it...

[highlight]Role Claim Message:[/highlight]
You are Perrin Aybara, humble blacksmith turned Lord and close personal friend of Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn. You are a powerful ta'veren, someone who bends the world around them through their actions. You name wolves as some of your closest friends, and not only share some of their traits, you are also able to speak with them.

POWERS:

Mason Enabler: You are in a mason team with Gullik and Feysal.
<PART INTENTIONALLY LEFT OUT>. As masons, you may speak with each other at night. You may not use the mason group during the day.

Tracker: You can use your wolf friends to follow someone. During the night, you may choose one person to follow, and will be notified if they visit someone else that evening, but not what action they performed.

Loved: As both ta'veren and a friend of Rand, it is less likely that you will be lynched. You automatically win ties in the case of who will be lynched.

[Highlight]IMPORTANT: I'm the one who tracked, not Gullik. The person who visited and empowered Asrrin was Laarz, who also empowered me yesterday, but I forgot to send the PM. Sorry, man.[/Highlight]
[highlight]Current Overview:[/highlight]
After reading my claim, you'll realize that I have the same "Loved" ability Rlyeh had, which is why I suggested on my third post of Day One (#160) to test Rlyeh's ability against another person and not a lack of lynch. With that out of the way, I think is relatively clear who are aligned with town and who are not.

First, let's check the numbers. In a game with 23 players, the odds of anti-town would point to 1:4 anti-town and neutral proportion, which means most likely 16-17 townies vs. 6-7 anti-towns, leaving space for the likelihood of a neutral player.

Now, let's check the list of deceased players. From the 10 dead, 7 were townies (Coju, Gorny, Kestegs, Noammr, Omgwtf, Rlyeh and Techno), while the other 3 were Darkfriends (Ankeli, Lozhinge, Zarniwoop). We should conclude from this, that the amount of remaining players would most likely be distributed to 9-10 townies, and 3 of whatever else.

Let's move to the list of alive players. From my perspective and from the 13 in the list, I am convinced 6 are townies: Asrrin, Drixx, Gullik, Feysal, Laarz and Me. That leaves 7 players not accounted for: Bad Ash, Goryani, Gwaihir, Leopold, Sathoris, Thunder and Uraj. We need to discard some of these, since we now it would be too imbalanced if all of them were against the town, so let's review the vote tallies:

Bad Ash and Gwaihir helped lynch both Lozhinge and Ankeli. Sure, there could be 2 Mafia factions, but it's good enough for me. Sathoris voted for Ankeli on D1, Lozhinge on D2 and again for Ankeli on D4. It seems for now he could be lying, but still, it would mean he's probably a vigilante or serial killer. If so, we can deal with him tomorrow. Goryani's only vote is for Lozhinge on D3, but he's not much of a voter, I know because we have been in teams before. His demise, if mafia, can wait. Uraj voted for Asrrin on D3 and help lynch Ankeli. Still, I think he's likely to be scum, but I honestly have no proof. That leaves tonight's winners...
Conclusion: This leaves ThunderCat and Leopold. Thundercat helped lynch Coju on D2, voted for me on D3 and for Drixx on D4, avoiding any definitive votes towards his partners, and his claim is obviously BS, since I am Perryn Aybara. Same goes for Leopold. I suggest we lynch the first one, and let Drixx take the other one to the afterlife.

Vote: ThunderCat

Not that moved by TC's claim, but at least he's contributing for the past few days now. There's always merit in lynching a lurker as evident by Feysal's case on Loz. Val has lurked even worse.

Worst case scenario we lynch a VT now, massclaim tomorrow and we got a whole lot more options.

Well that changes everything. Totally confirmable role, plus sort of incriminates TC, I'm sold.

Unvote: Valhauros

Running out of time here.

I understand going for the lurkers, but why Val or TC over Laarz/Leo? At least to me those seem like a better idea.

Well that changes everything. Totally confirmable role, plus sort of incriminates TC, I'm sold.

Unvote: Valhauros

I don't see the incrimination here, what did I miss? I at least believe the role claim.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High