The WoT Mafia Game

Re: The WoT Mafia Game

The mafia you had invested till now haven't had "night-talk" as an ability, but they had other abilities as well. Did you find 2 abilities on anyone? I would lean towards it being a mason group.

The lore has the wise-ones that usually talks amongst each others at night, the same is true for the 'super girls trio', so there is plenty of space for a mason group.

Actually no, I haven't had more than one ability revealed to me. In fact kesteg's lover's role basically had a second component to it it, which wasn't revealed to me. So it's entirely possible that a person who has both a hitman/mafia would only give up one role per investigation.

I say we lynch Sath first. The likelihood of him being town at this point is almost non existent, and even if he were pro-town by his own admission he's already used up an ability so at best we lynch a vanilla townie.

I'm not sure what to make of my latest investigation. I don't want to spill any more beans (and thus innocent blood) like with kestegs. My result from last night said that my target has the ability to talk at night. That could mean one of two things, so I think I will let you guys decide if you want me to reveal the name. Do you think it's scum talk or masonry?

Night talk = mafia:
What would Graendal's compulsor ability show as? Is there another? If you receive night talk as the only trait for mafia, then they don't have any other abilities yet, including using the mafia kill. If you reveal the name and the player is mafia, then they have to name a "mason partner." That other player will have to confirm/deny. If you don't reveal the name and the player is mafia, then they can stay hidden. You might not live long enough to share the name if you don't share today.

Night talk = mason:
No mason has claimed or been killed. At least one mason partner is still alive. If you reveal the name and the player is mason, then again, they have to name a mason partner. Again, the other player will have to confirm/deny. If you don't reveal the name and the mason(s) stay silent for today, then, quite frankly, they won't be seen as very open and honest when they finally reveal themselves. There is a very real chance we are dealing with a special win condition.

Night talk = something else, like bartender, neighborizer, etc:
Similar to mason. It takes at least two to night talk. If there was one night talker last night, there will be at least one other. If you reveal the name and the player is something like a bartender, then they have to reveal nightly targets and the targets will have to confirm/deny. If you don't reveal the name and night talker is a euphemism for cult recruitment or compulsor or something equally nefarious, then the town gets screwed.

In just about every case, the downside to naming is less damaging than the downside to not naming. I say give the investigated person time to make a claim on their own. If they fail to do so, name them before the end of day.

Ask the lorekeepers whether roles exist that can be masons. Usually masons aren't in a mafia game so odds are on him/her being mafia.

Yes, there are. I would say more but I would not want to give away possible role claims.

Night talk = mafia:
What would Graendal's compulsor ability show as? Is there another? If you receive night talk as the only trait for mafia, then they don't have any other abilities yet, including using the mafia kill. If you reveal the name and the player is mafia, then they have to name a "mason partner." That other player will have to confirm/deny. If you don't reveal the name and the player is mafia, then they can stay hidden. You might not live long enough to share the name if you don't share today.

Night talk = mason:
No mason has claimed or been killed. At least one mason partner is still alive. If you reveal the name and the player is mason, then again, they have to name a mason partner. Again, the other player will have to confirm/deny. If you don't reveal the name and the mason(s) stay silent for today, then, quite frankly, they won't be seen as very open and honest when they finally reveal themselves. There is a very real chance we are dealing with a special win condition.

Night talk = something else, like bartender, neighborizer, etc:
Similar to mason. It takes at least two to night talk. If there was one night talker last night, there will be at least one other. If you reveal the name and the player is something like a bartender, then they have to reveal nightly targets and the targets will have to confirm/deny. If you don't reveal the name and night talker is a euphemism for cult recruitment or compulsor or something equally nefarious, then the town gets screwed.

In just about every case, the downside to naming is less damaging than the downside to not naming. I say give the investigated person time to make a claim on their own. If they fail to do so, name them before the end of day.

I actually agree with this. The town gets a ton of info either way. we get a mafia or a pair of likely townies. And if one ever flips scum, the other is next to go.

I'm a mason, I prefer to not mention my partner(s) if it isn't necessary.

Vote: Sath

This simply isn't going to be enough. Your team needs to come out if you are pro-town and Asrrin needs to confirm the night talker he found.

Oh, and I should be very clear Gullik ... the town cannot afford to not know for sure if there is a mason group. Therefore, if you guys don't come out and Asrrin continues to refuse to reveal whom he investigated with the night talk ability, you are at the top of my list to take with me.

Remember, I die either way at the end of this day phase. I will use my ability to take someone with me if it will help the town. Right now, knowing for sure there is a mason faction will help the town (and potentially clear Asrrin).

I'm not refusing to reveal. I am simply saying that I'm not sure if now is the best time to reveal. I'll make sure to reveal before the end of the day, I just want to know what everyone else thinks first.

And with Guillik's reveal, I'm even more interested in whether I should reveal or not. If guillik claims someone else other than my target, we definitely have two opposing night talkers. And if he clears my target, we will need to decide if we are to trust them or lynch one.

Regardless, I think that unless a bombshell is dropped, Sath is the safest lynch so far. When I get more input from others, I'll know what to do.

Well I trust Asrrins claims so far so I think the most useful order would be:

Gullik names partners and character names.
Partners confirm.
Assrin confirms target.
Claim from target of Asrrin is not from above.

I am unsure if a full pm claim is the best idea, but I this order would be best for town information. Note: I am still new at this, so don't go on just my advice. I think Goryanis ideas before were good, would like to hear what he has to say on it.

Partners confirm.
Asrrin confirms target.

That's the order I'd also suggest.

I'm a mason, I prefer to not mention my partner(s) if it isn't necessary.

Necessary for what? To find scum? To win the game for you? The town? To keep your mason partner(s) secret one more night? To keep a more powerful mafia secret one more night? To recruit one more player?

Do you trust Asrrin? Do you trust Drixx? Do you trust mafia won't guess your partners' name(s) anyway? Do you trust the town will make the right decisions when someone else makes a claim with as little detail as yours?

Partners confirm.
Assrin confirms target.
Claim from target of Asrrin is not from above.

I am unsure if a full pm claim is the best idea, but I this order would be best for town information. Note: I am still new at this, so don't go on just my advice. I think Goryanis ideas before were good, would like to hear what he has to say on it.

If Gullik has any legitimate reason to keep his mason partner's identity secret, a full claim is a bad idea. I'd start with the partner's role name. If his partner's role name isn't very important, I think Gullik is BSing us. Since the partner should be more than a vanilla mason, he should also give any info the mason team knows. At that point, we should know enough to either make a lynch decision or press for more details.

@Gullik - Should I claim?

The mason team has a tracking ability

Night 1: Loz went nowhere
Night 2: Drixx went nowhere
Night 3: ... visited Assrin (I don't think we should reveal whom yet)
Night 4: Forgot to send in the track target unfortunately

My mason partner is Feysal.

That wasn't what I was expecting.

Partial claim time:
At the end of N1, I was informed I was empowered. I was also informed that being empowered didn't help my character. Nothing about my initial role PM changed. I was given no instructions or restrictions.

I don't know if I was targeted by anyone. I don't know who targeted me. I don't know if the person targeting me is town or scum or other. I don't know if the ability gives good effects, bad effects, or no effects at all.

I speculated it's a pro-town role. I speculated the ability is meant for specific roles - at least roles fitting a certain criteria. I speculated the ability might be similar to an inventor, so I breadcrumbed in #257.

However, I've not seen any other breadcrumbs on any other night. We're running out of spots to fit all the claimed power roles without mafia having more than usual members or additional powers. At this point, I'm wondering if I was targeted by Graendal.

Night 3: ... visited Assrin (I don't think we should reveal whom yet)

Noammr the doc could have targeted Asrrin, though I'm not sure what is to be gained by leaving that out. omg the watcher couldn't have. Mason tracker didn't unless Asrrin has an ability that targets himself. Asrrin wasn't roleblocked. What's left?

The unknown empowerer could have. Ankeli could have.

-----------------------------------------

I guess now we await confirmations from Feysal and Asrrin. I don't expect a counter-claim.

I'm up for mass claiming. It would help us figure out who to lynch and who Drixx should take out tonight.

Drixx, could you please answer the questions I asked in my first post of the day?

I might be crazy, but lynch a lurker isn't sounding like a bad strategy today. Any by lurker, I mean anyone I'd simply like to know more about. My list would include: Valhauros, ThunderCat, Uraj, Gwaihir, Leopold Stotch and Laarz. To each of those players, I have some questions.

1. Who among you do you consider to be townie enough you wouldn't vote for them today. Why?
2. If you don't find any worthy of not voting, who would you most like to see lynched. Why?
3. If we mass claim today and you got to choose who claims next, who would you chose? (it can be anyone in the game)

I have tried to be more active, and I think I'm improving.

However, I'll attempt to answer your questions, Goryani.
1. Uraj is giving off town vibes, and that's about it from the list. While Valhauros gave me scum vibes earlier in the game and the others I have no real read on, simply because of the lack of posts.
2. As mentioned above, if I were to choose from those in the list, I'd rather go for Valhauros.
3. During a mass claim, I would go for Feysal, just to see if Asrrin and Gulik are telling the truth.

I have a question for you Goryani, who are your top 3 scum and top 3 town at this point?

I can confirm Feysal was my target. I can also confirm that I was visited on night three by someone who also tried to empower me.

I might be crazy, but lynch a lurker isn't sounding like a bad strategy today. Any by lurker, I mean anyone I'd simply like to know more about. My list would include: Valhauros, ThunderCat, Uraj, Gwaihir, Leopold Stotch and Laarz. To each of those players, I have some questions.

1. Who among you do you consider to be townie enough you wouldn't vote for them today. Why?
2. If you don't find any worthy of not voting, who would you most like to see lynched. Why?
3. If we mass claim today and you got to choose who claims next, who would you chose? (it can be anyone in the game)

1) Assrin. He found us a scum, and has been accurate with his reads ever since. You have also been pretty pro town in my book. Gullik and Feysal are looking pretty good, but I think at this point role names would be good to have.
3) Leo or Laarz have been super quite, I would choose one of them.

Claiming today seems good, might as well use the ability Drixx has the best we can. If we decide to do it we need to start soon though or we will run short on time. If one of the people on my 1) list says we should start claiming, I am willing to start it off.

We'll never get a fullclaim from everyone without any pressure

Vote: Valhauros

Let's hear that fake scum claim of yours.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High