The WoT Mafia Game

Caluin Graye

Sep 4, 2005
The WoT Mafia Game

THE RULES:

The rules are mostly copy/pasted from standard rules. However, some have changed. For your convenience, I've bolded the rules that I've changed. Specifically, these are rules 6, 7, 11, and part of 12.

If you need to PM me and my box is full for some reason, my email is Nativityblack at yahoo.

1) You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.

2) If you post at night I will kill you, no matter what.

3) If you edit your post I will kill you. This includes editing for spelling mistakes.

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. The only part I'm concerned with is the 'vote:' part. As long as I can type that into a Find field and see your vote or unvote, I will count it. Case sensitivity is not required. Names do not need to be exact, but if it takes me more than a second to determine who you're voting for, I'll disregard your vote.

7) This game utilizes plurality lynch rules, meaning the person with the most votes at the end of the day will by lynched, even if majority was not reached. If two or more people are tied for votes, the person who reached that most votes first will be the lynchee. If majority (more than half the remaining people alive) is reached before end of day, that person will be locked as normal.

You may cast a vote for No Lynch, if you wish. If No Lynch has the most votes, then nobody will be lynched that day. No Lynch may reach majority and be locked in.

8) Any posts that come AFTER the end day post or the intended end day time will not be counted, unless specified by the host. This includes votes.

9) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

10) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not.

11) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm, excluding your role PM. That, and only that, you may post via quoting or copy/pasting if you wish. No other methods are allowed. All other privileged information must be paraphrased in your own words.

12) I won't be telling you the starting roles. All anti-town elements have been granted pre-generated fake claims.

13) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

14) Do not post at night or edit or I will kill you.

15) You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 1 contributive post a day) or you get a forum temp ban.

16) Read the rules once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team win.

WIN CONDITIONS:

TOWN: You and your team win when all anti-town threats have been eliminated from the game, regardless if you are alive or dead.

SCUM: You and your team win when you both control the lynch and nothing any other team can do will alter this, regardless if you are alive or dead.

SPECIAL: You have a special win condition. See your role PM for exact details.

Last edited:
Repository for game information.

Here there be the current votes, role reveals, etc, as they come.

Players Alive List:
01. Valhauros
02. Uraj
03. Gwaihir
04. Gullik
05. Bad Ash
06. Feysal
07. Goryani
08. Asrrin
09. Leopold Stotch
10. Laarz

Players Dead List
01. coju. Tamlin al'Thor, Town, Vanilla. Lynched day two.
02. omgwtfbbqpwned. Thom Merrilin, Town, Watcher. Killed night two.
03. Gorny. Uno Nometsa, Town, Vanilla. Modkilled day three.
04. Zarniwoop. Darkfriend, Gray man (Untrackable/unwatchable). Modkilled day three.
05. Lozhinge the Unhinged, Padan Fain, Darkfriend, Strongman. Lynched day three.
06. Technomancer, Dain Bornhald, Town, Vanilla, killed night three.
07. Noammr, Nynaeve al'Meara, Town, Doctor, killed night three.
08. Ankeli, Graendal, Darkfriend, Compulsor, lynched day four.
09. kestegs, Alanna Mosvani, Town, Lovers, killed night four.
10. RlyehExiled, Matrim Cauthon, Town, Loved + Retributive Bulletproof, killed night four.
11. Drixx, Ihvon, Town, Vengeful Lover, died day five.
12. Sathoris, Slayer, Neutral, Serial Killer, Bulletproof, killed day five.
13. ThunderCat, Dashiva, Darkfriend, Godfather, lynched day five.

Day One Votes tally (12 to lock):
Final tally:

*RlyehExiled [5]: LozHinge the Unhinged; Valhauros; Ankeli; kestegs; Zarniwoop
No Lynch [5]: RlyehExiled; Leopold Stotch; Noammr; omgwtfbbqpwned; Gorny
Ankeli [1]: Sathoris
Drixx [2]: Asrrin; Gwaihir
omgwtfbbqpwned [1]: Feysal

Day Two Votes tally (12 to lock):
Final tally:
coju [8]: Gwaihir; Asrrin; RlyehExiled; ThunderCat; Ankeli; Drixx; kestegs; Uraj
Lozhinge the Unhinged [4]: Technomancer; Valhauros; Gullik; Sathoris
Sathoris [1]: Bad Ash
Technomancer [1]: coju

Day Three Votes tally (11 to lock):
Final tally:
Lozhinge the Unhinged [9]: Technomancer; Asrrin; Gwaihir; Bad Ash; Gullik; Goryani; RlyehExiled; Feysal; Laarz
Asrrin [5]: Uraj; Sathoris; Drixx; kestegs; Lozhinge the Unhinged
Bad Ash [1]: Ankeli
ThunderCat [1]: Valhauros

Day Four Votes tally (9 to lock):
Final Tally:
Ankeli [9]: Gwaihir; Sathoris; Drixx; Gullik; Feysal; Uraj; Bad Ash; Laarz; RlyehExiled
Drixx [5]: Asrrin; Leopold Stotch; kestegs; ThunderCat; Ankeli

Day Five Votes tally (7 to lock):
Current as of post #782:
ThunderCat [4]: Gullik; Valhauros; Sathoris; Bad Ash
Sathoris [3]: Uraj; Asrrin; Gwaihir
Valhauros [1]: Goryani

Quick Links:
End of Day One.
End of Day Two.
End of Day Three.
End of Day Four.

Last edited:
Re: The WoT Mafia Game

A quick note about lore: Don't read too much into it with the exception of kill flavor. Woe betide anyone who reads too more much into it than. I'm taking some liberties, but trying to stay at least partially true to the source material.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose above the ruined city of Rhuidean. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

Rand al'Thor, known now to many as the Dragon Reborn, stood over the people he had assembled before him. Trusted companions, loyal friends, and courageous warriors all. His dark eyes scanned over the twenty-three people, searching for anything that might give him a clue, a way to prevent this measure. He saw nothing, however, and knew he must proceed.

"I've called you here because the Last Battle is coming," he announced. Eyes locked onto him, a mixture of both confusion and wariness. "We're running out of time, and we've suffered too many setbacks." Rand started pacing back and forth, as if he was holding a second conversation in his head while he gave his speech. "I trust all of you implicitly, and that's become a problem. I know there are Darkfriends amongst you."

A few gasps and murmurs of dissent fluttered through the watching crowd, and not just among those twenty-three individuals that Rand had singled out. "I've devised a plan. We'll root out the Darkfriends, force them into the light, and show them that they can no longer manipulate us. But, to do this, we need to put everyone on an even playing field. I can't afford to play favorites amongst you any longer."

Rand began to weave threads of Spirit and Air, surrounding the twenty-three people standing in front of him. The Mask of Mirrors settled over each of them, changing the faces, body types, and voices. In a few moments, all of them were completely different people. Rand tied off the weaves, ensuring that they'd stay in place.

"Anyone that channels in Rhuidean will be subject to my wrath. I will brook no one using the One Power other than myself until this has concluded. I task each of you to find the Dark Friends amongst you, bring them before me to face justice. Then, and only then, will we be able to approach the Last Battle with any hope of succeeding."

Rand turned and stalked away, still muttering to himself under his breath, though this time his words could be heard. "I am steel. I will not break."

------

The day has started. Day ends on Wednesday, 9:00pm EST. That's roughly 48 hours from now.

Alright, so who wants to come forward and be lynched verily and righteously, oh ye Darkfriends?

:grin:

So we're starting on day instead of night? Never been in a game like that, doesn't give us much to go on then... :scratchchin:

Alright, so who wants to come forward and be lynched verily and righteously, oh ye Darkfriends?

:grin:

So we're starting on day instead of night? Never been in a game like that, doesn't give us much to go on then... :scratchchin:

Mafiascum play day start a lot, what tends to happen is lynch for no good reason or no lynch.

That said, RVS to get things going?

Vote: Leo

I was here first, but took too long typing. Oh well.

So, to point out the obvious, the rules post gives three win conditions. There is town, scum, and something else, perhaps several somethings. I am not familiar with the source material, so those of you who are, knock yourselves out with your speculations.

We also have plurality lynch rules, which means two things. We are guaranteed to lynch someone every day, and every vote counts.

Speaking of votes...

Vote: omgwtfbbqpwned

You have a horrendous name. Do people already call you something for short, or shall I refer to you as Pwned?

Well written opening story, definitely reminds me of the books.

As for the special win conditions there are a ton of possibilities. One that immediately comes to mind would be the Seanchan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seanchan) or even some Aes Sedai. Both of these have members who don't work for the Dark One but who do oppose Rand to further their own goals.

Fun fun fun.
@CG - Nice writeup, out of interest and if I may ask - when is this set on the WoT timeline?

Well written opening story, definitely reminds me of the books.

As for the special win conditions there are a ton of possibilities. One that immediately comes to mind would be the Seanchan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seanchan) or even some Aes Sedai. Both of these have members who don't work for the Dark One but who do oppose Rand to further their own goals.

Don't forget Padan Fain, a character suited to be a sk if I ever saw one.
Whitecloaks could work as a cult or a second mafia team, but I'm thinking they may be left out of this one.

Anyway;
Vote: ankeli
He's been awfully quite this round, I don't like it at all.

Fun fun fun.
@CG - Nice writeup, out of interest and if I may ask - when is this set on the WoT timeline?

Incoming spoilers:
I've differed from the official story line quite a bit, but you could place it just before he loses his hand to Semirhage. He hasn't accepted Lews Therin as a part of himself yet and is still having serious trust issues. Additionally, some people who may be officially dead in the books could still be alive for our purposes here.

@CG: What's the lock #? (1/2 alive)+1 rounded down? Also will roles be flipped following lynches/nks?

Fun fun fun.

Whitecloaks could work as a cult or a second mafia team, but I'm thinking they may be left out of this one.

Very true on both counts there. Fain as a serial killer would not surprise me in the least.

Starting in a day phase is odd. Vote: Rylehexiled

First voter gets my vote. HUZZAH

I am so screwed in this game. I will be reading into everything and mind-copulating myself. I am a gigantic fan of WoT. I've literally read 1-6 like 15 times. It bogs a bit after that then picks up again later. I still say he should have wrapped it up at MAX after 10 books, but I forgive a lot for books 1-6.

Well, day 1, its time for the old standby. If there's a game with Ankeli in it, I'm voting for him until something better comes along.

Vote: Ankeli

Fun fun fun.

Thank goodness there's another lore-dork in this game.

I know nothing of WoT. Don;t mind me, I'm just along for the ride.

Wow....lots of early votes!

I almost feel obligated to vote for someone.....almost.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High