This just in...

Re: This just in...

I initially came to the single player forum because I wanted a challenge playing Diablo 2. I enjoyed playing on Battlenet. When all the dupes and hacks showed up, it took the fun out of it for me. Being able to play on a cheat free battlenet sounds good to me. I like competing on a ladder. The thought of selling items intrigues me. None of this matters if the game itself isn't fun, challenging, or lacks replayability.

If they get it just right, I think it could be really good. And if people here come on board, I'm sure we can make use of password protected multiplayer games and such. We're upset now because playing single player affords the most fun and challenge. But if the game is like that, only online, I think it will be received well. Does that make it okay? No, I frequently travel and will not be able to play the game on long bus rides, etc. But I'm willing to live with that if the game is compelling enough.

I've looked around a bit and haven't found anything that looks like that exact quote. However, in one of the interviews, Jay Wilson said that NM had a required level of 30 and Hell of 50. That's not exactly the same thing, but probably close enough.

Link to the link of the source.

Btw, you were quite quick in shooting down what little hope I had left. ;)

It's what I do. Sorry. I'm like Pawlov's dog. The sound of hope is my ringing bell and knocking it down is my way of drooling.

This is very disappointing. I have been waiting for D3 for years ever since I saw a small gameplay video. I did not like WOW at all, and if D3 is even like it at all I will pass. A question, that is off topic slightly, what will happen with the servers for D2? When D3 comes out will it still be possible to play with my friends on a TCP/IP game on D2, or will they close the servers?

This is very disappointing. I have been waiting for D3 for years ever since I saw a small gameplay video. I did not like WOW at all, and if D3 is even like it at all I will pass. A question, that is off topic slightly, what will happen with the servers for D2? When D3 comes out will it still be possible to play with my friends on a TCP/IP game on D2, or will they close the servers?

And what is the relation between lan play and official d2 servers?..

If you (or anyone) comes across the source I would love to see it. Unless Hell was ridiculously difficult, that could really ruin it for me.

Bashiok on reaching level 60 last fall.

[BLUE="http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/1/1/4/10/11297/plz-no-race-to-60#postId_31340"]The experience curve to 60 isn't going to be a perfect three playthroughs of the game on each difficulty. It's of course expected you'll be exiting and then starting up new games, but it isn't intended to be a grind to level. The number of levels is intended to match the amount of content. Meaning when you beat the game on Hell, yes we expect you to be around level 60. Maybe you're a level or two shy, or maybe you've been 60 for a while, depending on how you played.

As far as the e-peen meter goes for showing off a higher level character, we think a proper achievement system is much better at this. There's more variety, they're more interesting and compelling for people to work toward. One important point of note is that our achievements are cross-character, meaning we can give achievements for things like leveling 5, 10... hell, 20 characters to 60. Certainly a bigger feat than a level 99, and we can give tangible rewards for it too. [/BLUE]

One important point of note is that our achievements are cross-character, meaning we can give achievements for things like leveling 5, 10... hell, 20 characters to 60. Certainly a bigger feat than a level 99, and we can give tangible rewards for it too.

Interesting that you should quote this part. As the article NF posted says the max chars is 10. Lvling 20 chars to 60 would be a big feat indeed.

As others have already mentioned i too think this game should not be allowed to carry the Diablo name. If they want it to have a similar name make it Diabloclone or something, as we all know that the original is usually (much) better than the clone.

But let's stay a bit positive:
1) I don't have to choose whether i want to buy this game or not. With the post from NF i'd say there is no more choice. No way i'll buy it in this state.
2) It saves me the money.
3) More time to finish my current 99 and maybe try for another. Not to mention other projects i have started or planned.
4) I still have hope Skyrim will be fun (at least until they post a similar announcement).
5) Maybe the SPF will remain (mostly) in tact.
6) Maybe i'll be able to reach a 100% perfection perfect grail (Ok, that perfect Tyrael's may give some trouble so let's say 99,5% perfect).
7) Not having another addicting (read: great and fun to play) game may cause me to actually have a RL someday. Just maybe.

If i'm missing anything feel free to add :).

On a more serious note, my initial reaction was more like this: :steam:. I've been hoping and praying for a great new game in the Diabloseries for so long and they come up with this?!!! What have they been doing all this time, playing D2?
This is just a sad, sad day. Maybe i should ask if they can make this a national day of mourning.

Last edited:

Everything turns into excrement. Everything. Even the stuff that is supposed to be fun, soon enough turns into excrement. I have thought about this for some time now. My conclusion is that it has to be a conspiracy the whole world is in on: Let's see how far he will make it before he'll rage so hard he'll die to death.

Capitalism ****s you over everywhere you look. No-one/nothing is spared.

Everything turns into excrement. Everything. Even the stuff that is supposed to be fun, soon enough turns into excrement. I have thought about this for some time now. My conclusion is that it has to be a conspiracy the whole world is in on: Let's see how far he will make it before he'll rage so hard he'll die to death.

Capitalism ****s you over everywhere you look. No-one/nothing is spared.

I feel the opposite. The death of offline play stings even more because I'm actually intrigued by the new gameplay changes.

>changes to stats/attributes
I haven't been keeping up on D3 changes, but I usually reserve judgement on these things until I can try them out.

>lore retcons
These can hurt, but they might add more to the lore body in general.

>real money auction house
If they want money, let them have it. It's optional, and there's no need to use it. In my opinion, it'd be better than an external market anyway.

>no offline play
Why Blizzard why.
Seriously, SC2 had offline play (It was the least they could do, considering no LAN play). I never used it, but it was there and that was good. This is deal-breaking for me, I won't be buying it.

What's the big deal? You can still play single player. You don't have to play online if you don't want to, or trade online (even though most of us do on here anyway). Fair enough you have to be logged in but you all have the internet.

Am I missing something? I for one will not play single player D3, I only play SP now because of all the hacking and duping in D2, if that is irradiated in d3 then brilliant, if not, play single player 'online' nothing to stop you?

Hope that doesn't come across in the wrong way ^

What's the big deal? You can still play single player. You don't have to play online if you don't want to, or trade online (even though most of us do on here anyway). Fair enough you have to be logged in but you all have the internet.

Am I missing something? I for one will not play single player D3, I only play SP now because of all the hacking and duping in D2, if that is irradiated in d3 then brilliant, if not, play single player 'online' nothing to stop you?

Hope that doesn't come across in the wrong way ^

It doesn't come across the wrong way (imho) but it is simply wrong.

There is no single player game anymore. They've eliminated it, its bnet only. And some of us don't have permanent internet connections, many of us don't have always on, high quality connections all the time.

Granted, I've used a laptop for all my gaming for years so I do forget that many (maybe most) don't view gaming in a mobile, flexible way as I do.

But you can still play single player on bnet, I understand that, and therefore understand that those people who do not have reliable connections will feel a bit left out. In this day and age I can't see how too many people still have this problem though? I used to play D2 just fine online with what I think was my old 56k modem. Plus I doubt that many people have fast enough laptops to play D3? Unless the requirements are quite low. I myself currently play D2 on a laptop with integrated gfx, just about handles it lol!

We allready had the single player you describe in making passworded games but the point is a very inexpensive single player offline mode has been ditched meaning many people won't "enjoy" the game .

But the game will be exactly the same except you might have to click a few more buttons to get started and type in your password and make a private game??

Yeah its stupid there isn't an option but it does not stop people from enjoying the single player game if that's what you choose

But the game will be exactly the same except you might have to click a few more buttons to get started and type in your password and make a private game??

Yeah its stupid there isn't an option but it does not stop people from enjoying the single player game if that's what you choose

Cough fkin COUGH 'cannot play off-line'

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High