The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: The Noodle Compound

I think Trionth is into one word comments today;)
must be a shortage of words there lol

Mom's banana bread :jig:.

MEEEOOOOWWW!!!

acatskate.gif

*GASP!!!*

:weep:

*runs to Gorny*

*cries on his shoulder*

dude, kind of related... you know those animal commercials with Sarah Maclanlan singing and they all look sad? ASPCCA or whatever? and they go on FOREVER??! i have to change it or mute it because it makes me cry. im not kidding. last night, my roommate left it on that commercial, i started to cry as im eating my delicious spaghetti and meatballs, i told him with a mouth full of food and tears that i hated him and cuddled with my sleeping dog who was probably like "Wtf are you doing? I was sleeping!"

and then it was over and apologized and told him i didn't hate him.

btw, he made the meatballs himself with garlic, eggs, and bread crumbs and some other stuff. the absolute best meatballs i have ever had in my whole 23 years.

do you mean these cookies?

Are those dipped in chocolate? The ones I know are basically, chocolate ganache with sugar cookie dough wrapped around it and then bake. Simple and yummy as you can get store bought super cookie dough (or make it of course) and then make the chocolate ganache (just have to fridge the ganache so it is solid before using it). The recipe is probably on the website (not sure though). Oh, and, as for Giada, have you ever made those dough that she uses for ravioli (<---is that the spelling? >_<)? The dough is pretty good (and simple) for using in soup (such as a minestrone or vegetable) and it reminds me of this kind I like at this Italian place ("big noodles" is what I call it ^_^).

So, the ganache, I found that (actually, I was just using the cream and chocolate, no butter >_<, anyway...) right after you get it to a boil, you add it to the chocolate. If you add the cream when it is not yet at a boil, the chocolate is less likely to all melt (which is what I did the first time I made it, as I did not want to get that film on the top, though, stirring the whole time makes no film appear even at high temps).

haha, thanks! and i wanna see some of your cards!! :D

They all mostly follow the same outline. For whatever reason, I have always liked to load mine up with images/pictures.

So, the basic formula is:
(Page 1/Cover) Start off with a sentence (or part of) that is continued (possibly) on the inside. Depending on if it is a XMas or BDay card, some are more custom (for example, when I turned certain ages). Then, image of some sort under words, usually the more general image of them all, however, it can still be themed.
(Page 2/Inside Page, Either No Writting Or My Thank You) Image or nothing as I write either thank you on this page or the next one. The image can be something that I got or something someone brought (as in food).
(Page 3/Inside Page, With Rest of Writting) Starts off with the rest of my writting from the cover or something else. Usually put my phrase (yes, I have one in real life since childhood *hides*) or have it on the backcover. Image under the writting or no image when I write my thank yous there.
Page 4/Backcover) Writting sometimes, depends. Oh! My phrase is on here for my BDay cards and on the inside for XMas :p. Then an image on the bottom. Sometimes there is the "created by" sorta thing. It has changed over the years for various reasons.

What I write for my thank yous are anything from original and includes three key things on all of them depending upon what I got :wink:.

I still don't know why I need a 2nd interview but, oh well :)

It could mean that you are that much closer to the job :alright:.

*shuts up before i say worse*

Having never worked in such a field, I can only see it from the other point of view and it is not good for some places. There is this one place (which I detest and refuse to go to) that some relatives like where the food has had something wrong with it everytime. Most recently, (when multiple things were bad) they added something that should not have been added (that person must have been on auto pilot as they said okay originally and later said that we never mentioned it -_-). To make matters worse, they took it back and after 15 minutes it returned wet and cold, not even trying to cover the fact that it was just rinsed off >.>. I just get so annoyed (nowadays I do not really like to eat out because of such places and it's not like I am going to make a big fuss about it there, to my relatives later I will though :devil:), especially when it is the kind of thing that was asked to not be included becase that stuff could kill them and not just because of a dislike :rant:. Plus, it is something that they add at the end before serving...seeds.

So. Much. Reading.

*Bleeds from the eyes*

Noodle, Does Dresden ever use that bear belt buckle in any of the books? He used it Vs. that first Denarian (with all 3 knights) but I don't recall him ever using it again. I've got 3 books left to finish the series again, but from memory, nothing...

Are those dipped in chocolate? The ones I know are basically, chocolate ganache with sugar cookie dough wrapped around it and then bake. Simple and yummy as you can get store bought super cookie dough (or make it of course) and then make the chocolate ganache (just have to fridge the ganache so it is solid before using it). The recipe is probably on the website (not sure though). Oh, and, as for Giada, have you ever made those dough that she uses for ravioli (<---is that the spelling? >_<)? The dough is pretty good (and simple) for using in soup (such as a minestrone or vegetable) and it reminds me of this kind I like at this Italian place ("big noodles" is what I call it ^_^).

no, it's frosting i think.

i have not used the ravioli she uses. i might just have to. :D

do you mean "minestrone" ? such an awesome soup for a cold day like this. ^_^ that's probably the only time i will eat Parmesan cheese not cooked.

So, the ganache, I found that (actually, I was just using the cream and chocolate, no butter >_<, anyway...) right after you get it to a boil, you add it to the chocolate. If you add the cream when it is not yet at a boil, the chocolate is less likely to all melt (which is what I did the first time I made it, as I did not want to get that film on the top, though, stirring the whole time makes no film appear even at high temps).

the cream was def boiled. like, i turned it up one notch and it started to boil and i put it in the bowl. yeah, kept an eye on it so it wouldn't stick nor curdle or anything, ya know? and no film. yucky! lol!!

They all mostly follow the same outline. For whatever reason, I have always liked to load mine up with images/pictures.

So, the basic formula is:
(Page 1/Cover) Start off with a sentence (or part of) that is continued (possibly) on the inside. Depending on if it is a XMas or BDay card, some are more custom (for example, when I turned certain ages). Then, image of some sort under words, usually the more general image of them all, however, it can still be themed.
(Page 2/Inside Page, Either No Writting Or My Thank You) Image or nothing as I write either thank you on this page or the next one. The image can be something that I got or something someone brought (as in food).
(Page 3/Inside Page, With Rest of Writting) Starts off with the rest of my writting from the cover or something else. Usually put my phrase (yes, I have one in real life since childhood *hides*) or have it on the backcover. Image under the writting or no image when I write my thank yous there.
Page 4/Backcover) Writting sometimes, depends. Oh! My phrase is on here for my BDay cards and on the inside for XMas :p. Then an image on the bottom. Sometimes there is the "created by" sorta thing. It has changed over the years for various reasons.

What I write for my thank yous are anything from original and includes three key things on all of them depending upon what I got :wink:.

aww, cute!! ^_^ reminds me of when i would leave notes on the team lockers and i'd try to make each one different with a different phrase and design. ^_^ i kinda miss making little notes.... :\

It could mean that you are that much closer to the job :alright:.

Having never worked in such a field, I can only see it from the other point of view and it is not good for some places. There is this one place (which I detest and refuse to go to) that some relatives like where the food has had something wrong with it everytime. Most recently, (when multiple things were bad) they added something that should not have been added (that person must have been on auto pilot as they said okay originally and later said that we never mentioned it -_-). To make matters worse, they took it back and after 15 minutes it returned wet and cold, not even trying to cover the fact that it was just rinsed off >.>. I just get so annoyed (nowadays I do not really like to eat out because of such places and it's not like I am going to make a big fuss about it there, to my relatives later I will though :devil:), especially when it is the kind of thing that was asked to not be included becase that stuff could kill them and not just because of a dislike :rant:. Plus, it is something that they add at the end before serving...seeds.

ok, like... i can understand if you ask for no onions and you'd get pissed if there was onions because it can kill you. my brother is allergic to them (i think it provokes his asthma and he might get a rash) so ofc he will get mad. i understand if you also ask beforehand not to have something because you don't like it. do not ***** to me after i give you your dish and say "There are olives in here? I don't like olives. Take it back." /snooty you shouldn't get mad at me if you didn't read the menu details. and if you don't like your steak, don't eat it all and then complain and expect a refund or something! most likely aint gonna happen!

and that sucks, Kimiko. im sorry. in some places, a lot of people just don't care and try to do as little as possible. and then there are customers who are just complete.... ahemAHEMAHEM. not calling you one, im just saying in general... i could tell some stories. a customer has made me cry before. i waited until he was gone, but hot damn did he make me feel horrible for no reason. long story short, he said i gave the worst service he's been given BUT every time i walked by, they did not flag me down, everything seemed to be okay when i walked by AND ASKED HIM and according to some of my co-workers, he never flagged one of them down to refill his tea and said they seemed to be okay too. i remember him saying something like, "I'm going to give you a tip anyway. You don't deserve it, but I'm going to do it anyway. This was the worst service I have ever had. You hardly checked up on us, I needed tea for the longest time before you showed up, I had to flag down other waiters multiple times to refill my tea... etc." he left me two dollars of which i did not take. it was on a credit card recepit, but i never charged it. it wasn't worth it. stupid southern redneck who comes in after church with the family. *rolls eyes*

Sundays, man... sometimes, you'd get okay people, some cool. some of the time you'd get the worst hypocritical people you have met in your life! but you know who is worth waiting tables? when you get "call backs". a "call back" (IF that is the right term) are pretty much your regulars. and they ask for YOU every time they go in. some of them might not tip well, but the company is great and they understand when you are busy and maybe not up to par with your service. seriously, it makes you feel good when they know you by name and ask for you because you've been their best server. idk, brings a smile to my face... or it did when i was a server.

So. Much. Reading.

*Bleeds from the eyes*

Sorry, you can just skip it all, it's okay.

no, it's frosting i think.

i have not used the ravioli she uses. i might just have to. :D

do you mean "minestrone" ? such an awesome soup for a cold day like this. ^_^ that's probably the only time i will eat Parmesan cheese not cooked.

Ah, I see. The dough she makes is just flour and water ^_^. That is probably the soup (spelling is hard T^T), at the one place they always had really big noodles that tasted so yummy in their soup :cloud9:.

the cream was def boiled.

Oh, then maybe it was too much chocolate. *hides*

he left me two dollars of which i did not take.

What did he have, just the tea? That seems really cheap and all that talk is really unnecessary.

I am more in the group of not complaining and if I do not like the food then I just go hungry :p. Though, I do know a few and have heard some stories of completely opposite people (like, this one person who was super duper pick about how steaks should be cooked :scared:). Most of the time, we get good servers and there are a few nice ones that I remember (one that did not charge us for something since I did not eat any of it as an ant was running around on it :yuck: and this other one who made me a completely new soup as I was not eatting the original one as I had not realized how spicy it would be and thus could not handle it >.>). There is only one or two times that I can remember my Grandma saying that she missed the old days when you tipped someone because of their service rather than because it was mandatory :nod:.

How much is tip nowadays anyway? My Dad usually goes with about 20% and my Grandma always tips a little more than my Dad suggests =P.

As for repeat people, at most of the place we go to now, it is family owned stuff and they recognize us as it is the same people doing the same jobs (mostly).

Sorry, you can just skip it all, it's okay.

No no! Books, I've been reading all day and half the night for the past week. It could quite possibly be classified as an addiction. I blame Noodle. 3 books left, then nice sleep and rest.

March 1st I think the second name of the wind comes out!
*girly squeel of excitement*

I mean... :coffee: Woo.

So. Much. Reading.

*Bleeds from the eyes*

Noodle, Does Dresden ever use that bear belt buckle in any of the books? He used it Vs. that first Denarian (with all 3 knights) but I don't recall him ever using it again. I've got 3 books left to finish the series again, but from memory, nothing...

Nope, I haven't seen it. Re-read Turn Coat over the weekend. i love the concept of Demonreach - so cool! And Injun Joe is a mean shapeshifter.

Half-way through Proven Guilty. Probably finish it later this afternoon.

Man, this stuff is cool. I feel like such a nerd fan-boy, but its awesome. Great reads :cloud9:

No no! Books, I've been reading all day and half the night for the past week. It could quite possibly be classified as an addiction. I blame Noodle. 3 books left, then nice sleep and rest.

Oh, I see. Staring at the computer monitor can be pretty straining too. Back when I used to play games until all hours of the day/night, everything looked a shade of red (from the computer monitor) when I went to sleep >.>.

I did not realize (must have been when my email magically reset itself -_-) that I had an imageshack account already :shocked:.

Something I mentioned earlier (avatar size ^_^):

cupcakeavatar.png

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High