Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Not so much familiar with Scrubs, but still sorta understand.

[chainsmoke]

and the beer continues to flow. Yummy Yummy Yummy.

*pounds down another bigfoot and reaches for yet another*

And I stole the "I'm just drunk, that's all" from somewhere. . . give me a minute and I'll remember the reference.

Oh you're still here? I thought everyone left :p

[chainsmoke]

I'm too drunk to realise the "I'm just drunk, that's all" reference, so you'll hafta help me out there.

Haven't been this drunk for a good while. I wish I was this drunk at the club last night - I haven't had a good night out in so long, damn private vibes.

Ya. I tend to sneak around a bit. . . hide in corners . . . whatnot.

And I think "Don't mind me, I'm just drunk, that's all" may (and I stress may come from the Lebowski, but don't quote me on that.

How's that wine treating you? And this 7th Bigfoot's going down pretty much like the first.

*reaches for another beer and lights up*

Hell, I haven't been to a club in years. More of a quiet bar man myself. But also have not had a good night out in, jeez, nearly a year. Since June or so, and that wasn't even that good.

I watched that in HD the other day, it wasn't half the film I remembered it to be - which made my wife very annoyed - she hates bad movies.

I ran out of RL wine, and I'm on my third can of Strongbow cider. I'll give college a miss - I will be selfish and indulge my RL troubles. Besides, I'll make that Friday essay deadline regardless.

My night out was terrible. Upstairs is normally D&B on a Saturday, last night it was 'underground dance' with two horrible DJs. It was so bad two of my friends didn't even dance. We stayed an hour after they left and just got bored - it sounded liek the same song with the same samples over and over. And that was my first night out in maybe three months. Sigh. I didn't drink though - pure caffiene.

Can we smoke indoors? The EMB rules!!!! If not, rulebreaking is still fun. There's no mods at 2AM... hehehe...

<expects ban, if not from forum then from Bar>

There's always a Mod mate. 2am or not. Got to say your ability to post tables correctly without any edits while blind drunk is ... unnatural.

<fake surprise>

What are you doing up?

It took me about ten preview posts to get that right. I still have SPF standards, even after a bottle of cheap Sauvigon Blanc. Nice to see you Thy, BTW :p

Goodnight bar, I will greet you in the morning with a hangover I made all by myself.

Last edited:
Well, here in NY, there's no smoking anywhere, much less in my apartment (cursed landlord). That's why I enjoy this bar so much. I hope we're not breaking too many rules here in the bar. But I don't think anybody cares at 2a GMT anyway. (When it rolls around 2 am here on Long Island, most of the dive bars I frequent allow smoking, despite the statewide ban.)

Yep. D&B, not much my thing. But even less stuff that sounds like the same song with the same samples over and over again. I tend to go more for jazz, orchestral, stuff with physically-based instruments. Not that I don't have about 20 GB of digitally-based stuff that I listen too with fair regularity. (It's mostly experimental whatnot and ambient musics ala late 1970s Eno, though I guess most ambient music sounds like the same song over and over again, but with no samples. ;))

Jeez. I just keep rambling on, and Ed leaves and in walks Thy. Well. Call me a jackass. Bye Ed. Hallo Thy!

New guy seems to be going after my title. I'll have to increase my spam production!

Dew, bartender. It is rainy and cold and sucky around here, so my bike stays inside. I can hear it calling me, begging to go outside and zoom around, but the weather is just too bad.
Oh, speaking of that, drinks for everyone! Contador lost Paris-Nice! No? Perhaps I should explain...
Alberto Contador rides for Astana, my favorite team, but is my least favorite rider. He is egotistical, self-centered, and may or may not have cheated. To make it worse, he is good, and I just hate that. He wins just about everything, except Paris-Nice, it seems, so I am happy when he loses. It sounds mean, but that is only because it is mean to be that way.

Looks like I'll be pulling another all nighter here.

Vodka and Relentless please.

Bartend, a capuccino please (thx pcakeman). Oh, and give Eddie an extra Vodka for me, will ya.

So, jamesixgun, what other ambient do you like? I happen to enjoy Biosphere a lot. There are other great ones like Boards of Canada, the earlier work of Richard D. James (Aphex Twin, AFX, ...), Xela, Yasume, and so forth.

-DZJB

skool!!!! hmm, looks like I missed ya there.

I never much cared for drinking while out, everything is way over priced. Dancing? great! But I
perefer my lighter fluid, I mean tequilla, in the company of friends. I had an old aprartment mate
who took saving on booze in bars to an extreme, he and his buddies would get wasted and THEN
go clubing. O/c I think he probably spent as much or more that way frankly...

Well, I'm a bit hungover from yesterday's binge, and have need to look and feel my best for jury duty, so make it a Bigfoot and a Jack, and make that Jack a double, if you don't mind.

Hey DZJB: Well, most of my Ambient collection revolves around Eno: Harold Budd's in there, David Borden, Morton Feldman, stuff like that. A buddy of mine was in a band called Lab Report (he calls that music 'Dark Ambient'), and I have all of their stuff and some of his solo work, but it doesn't get much play time. Thanks for the recommendations, though. I'll be sure to check that stuff out. I'm really fairly ignorant about Ambient musics.

Did someone say Aphex Twin? I like the Druqks (sp?) album, especially the track where his parents wish him happy birthday.

Just keep lining up the vodka till you run out of bar...

Yep, Aphex Twin! :D I totally love his work, and I own loads of it. If you like Aphex Twin's stuff, you might like µ-Ziq as well.

jamesixgun: It's a shame I haven't checked out most of Eno's work... my dad owns a few CDs, but that's it. Even though he is basically the founder of ambient music. Ah, dark ambient, I love that as well. Lustmord, Cisfinitum, Nurse with Wound,... That was the start of my trip into Doom Metal/Drone actually :p.

DZJB: If you do decide to look into Eno, I highly recommend "Discreet Music" and "The Shutov Assembly." They're both excellent. Also noteworthy: "Ambient 1" and "Ambient 2." The other "Ambient" records (3 and 4) are alright, but don't really measure up IMO. Also, any of Eno's work with Harold Budd or Robert Fripp. And for pretty much the best pop music ever (again, IMO), see "Here Come the Warm Jets", "Taking Tiger Mountain (by Strategy)," and "Another Green World." This is what I listen to on planes and trains.

[/ramble]

Ahh, Aphex Twin & mu-ziq (forgive my ignorance of how to make the greek letter). 90's electronic music at its finest. There's too much good AT to mention in one sentence. But not all of mu-ziq's stuff is wonderful. That said, Lunatic Harness has some of the best snare rushes of the decade, and the creativity on there is incredible. Is anyone else familiar with the group Mike & Rich? They only came out with one album, and truthfully it's nothing to write home about. But the two collaborators are mu-ziq and Aphex Twin. Sounds like a great duo, but the album itself is kind of weak and pretty weird. Still, a good listen for those in the know.

Coffee, please. About to get ready for work.

I did that fun thing where I pass out, not remember anything, and wake up at 0430 with half a glass of vodka staring me in the face. I won't tell you how big the glass is.

Green tea please.

<puts Drops Of Jupiter by Train on the jukebox>

skool!!!! hmm, looks like I missed ya there.

I never much cared for drinking while out, everything is way over priced. Dancing? great! But I
perefer my lighter fluid, I mean tequilla, in the company of friends. I had an old aprartment mate
who took saving on booze in bars to an extreme, he and his buddies would get wasted and THEN
go clubing. O/c I think he probably spent as much or more that way frankly...
Hey, thanks for the welcome!

I like that song. I also like Meet Virginia. Train made some good stuff, too bad they aren't around anymore. I guess they belonged to the 90s and the 90s keep them.

I'm off to bed, goodnight Bar. Tomorrow is St Patty's Day, I am foregoing the usual green garment in hopes that the girl beside me will pinch me. I'm terribly bad at flirting, so pinching and the like is direly need help!

Make sure you turn the lights off when you leave (or pass out), Eddie. Night!

lol poor Pman,

I'll have a guiness in honour of st pats day, not staying long need to work on my CV

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High