The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

How many /players x shall I have to get ultimate drop on mephisto in Hell? I also have 501 MF so he better drop domething good soon :p

is it enough to do some pitrunning?

/ players 8? In 1.11b.
What do you mean with "ultimate drop"?

edit: man i suck.

*goes to learn things through links*

Last edited:

@bassen: Regarding Hell Meph, this will help. http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627782&page=2

EDIT: Area running is more about patience than anything. You can go long periods of time without finding a thing. The benefit is that level 85 areas can drop any item (Meph and Pindle can't drop Tyrael's) and provide a decent amount of experience (not to mention it's more fun). 501 MF is more than enough for the Pits. =D. What kind of character?

Is there a nerf on "-%enemy defense" mode when facing other players or does it work in full capacity?

@Nagisa: thanks, I guess it has it's use in PvP too :)

Last edited:

Okay, I`ve come up with another question, and tried to search forum for the anwser, but i got to many anwsers, so I`ll ask here:

Where do I have biggest chance of finding Lower Resist wand? I need to bought it from vendor, right? Akara is first on my mind, but am not sure is she the best for that task?

edit: kewl, I`ll search in that direction. thanx antonio :thumbsup:

Last edited:

*raises hand*
Yeah, I have a question... I play hardcore... how can I stop my Fury Werewolf from getting his *** handed to him in hell? I'm twinking and I'm still getting creamed.

Readers Digest version of events:
I've never played a werewolf before because I dont usually do cookie cutter builds. However, I found some good stuff recently and wanted to try it out.
20 werewolf, lycanthropy, fury and oak for life.

Gear:
Aldurs helm with runes for resists I need
Vipermagi for resists
Ravenfrost
Rare ring, rare ammy for resists and mana leech
IK gloves, belt, boots
Etheral edge /w shael or upgraded buriza as weapon with demon limb on switch

I AM GETTING CRUSHED IN ACT 1 HELL! I feel like I should be doing a lot better. My deviant builds do better than this guy has! 1-2 hits almost kills me on players 1... I just feel like I should be doing better I spose.

Any advice? Apologies if this post isnt terribly well-written but to be honest I'm half drunk and fully frustrated... and certainly not about to load up ol' Wolfy!

Fury wolves have crap defense and no crowd control - LL and minion placement are KEY for survival. If you try to tank a melee pack they will tear you apart. Drop a Grizzly at the back of the pack to distract the back half (and any ranged attackers behind), and make sure to keep Feral Rage active at all times. Your red bulb will probably lurch around like a drunken sailor, but as long as FR is at a decent level fully charged and you're hitting consistently you should be alright. DR (% and straight) will help quite a bit since you WILL get hit constantly.

If your AR or level is low and crippling your cth%, get them up ASAP. It'll probably help you more than anything else.

I'm currently 74. Enough strength and dex for gear, everything else in vitality. I could probably stick around nightmare until 80 or something but I honestly cant see a few more points in vitality making that much of a difference.

I do have a shaftstop on another merc that I could use instead of the vipers. Socket it with an UM I guess? I hate to do anything that takes down my resistances but maybe its just about that time. Either that or I'll switch to my least favorite thing in the game and go MF until I find a rockstopper, too.

What character and build are you playing? Maybe there's something else you can do. I'd also suggest not using an Um rune on an armour for resists. You can find a scintillating jewel with ~10-15 resist all I believe. Um's are quite useful in numerous runewords too.

If you're a caster, skin of the vipermagi is the most used armour IMO. If melee, you could go for a Duriel's, Lionheart (Hel, Lum, Fal,) Smoke, etc. Without knowing the build or issues with Hell Act 1, I can't really suggest anything more.

How does cold damage stack? If I'm using Buriza (Adds 32-196 Cold Damage - 8 Second Duration)and wearing Duress (Adds 37-133 Cold Damage 2 sec. Duration), what's the cold damage/second and how long does it last?

Kitriara said:
I'm currently 74. Enough strength and dex for gear, everything else in vitality. I could probably stick around nightmare until 80 or something but I honestly cant see a few more points in vitality making that much of a difference.

I do have a shaftstop on another merc that I could use instead of the vipers. Socket it with an UM I guess? I hate to do anything that takes down my resistances but maybe its just about that time. Either that or I'll switch to my least favorite thing in the game and go MF until I find a rockstopper, too.

You should do better. Maybe you could consider a few gear change.

1. Get CB, either from weapon or otherwise. You could go back to NM, do couple of baal run and reach lvl76, then you can use IK maul. It is fast, cheap, and with very nice CB. Plus you don't need to worry about PIs with the set bonus. If you don't like IK maul, ribby is powerful weapon (up it). The down side is you will have a backup plan with PIs. If you like your current weapon, then consider using Guillaume's Face.

2. Your armor has a lot of room for improvement. Like other said, there are cheap runeword. If you spare a Um, Duress is great armor.

My fury worlf using IK maul + belt + boots + glove, he can tear through hell A1 - A3 @P4 without problems. A4 and A5 can be done @ P3 with relative ease.

You may check my guardian thread for more details of my wolf gear and skill setup. http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640786

I would do really well to find an IK maul, as that would take care of my PI and CB issues. Maybe I should just MF til I find one, but who knows when that would be.

I think I'm going to try swapping out my Vipermagi for the Shaftstop and see if that helps... if not, I'll go to Duress, then maybe try a Lionheart. I have a bazillion decent-level runes from untold hellforge rushes, and even though I was mostly saving them to cube them up I can certainly spare a few.

Thanks for all your help guys!

here's a quick one..

+%ed to demons/undead on an offhand weapon for a barb. will it affect my main weapon's damage as welll or only restricted to the former?

i'm asking this since the ed may come in handy for a zeal barb..

thanks in advance =)

How does cold damage stack? If I'm using Buriza (Adds 32-196 Cold Damage - 8 Second Duration)and wearing Duress (Adds 37-133 Cold Damage 2 sec. Duration), what's the cold damage/second and how long does it last?

Cold damage isn't a type of damage to affect as dmg/frame or dmg/second. Instead, it applies on the hit only. The duration-numbers imply how long the monster being hit stays chilled. Don't know how they stack, really, the chill lengths.
+%ed to demons/undead on an offhand weapon for a barb. will it affect my main weapon's damage as welll or only restricted to the former?

I doubt it. Mostly, you should think that if the property which you have in the off-hand weapon only comes in effect when you hit something, it doesn't apply when you hit something with the main-hand weapon.
I would do really well to find an IK maul, as that would take care of my PI and CB issues. Maybe I should just MF til I find one, but who knows when that would be.

The IK maul is the most easy-to-find elite unique in the game, and Hell Meph drops them like there's no tomorrow. Seriously, if you do more then 20 runs, you're bound to find one, sooner or later.

The IK maul is the most easy-to-find elite unique in the game, and Hell Meph drops them like there's no tomorrow. Seriously, if you do more then 20 runs, you're bound to find one, sooner or later.

By "elite-unique", of course, you mean "elite set item", I assume? :smile:

- Noodle

I doubt it. Mostly, you should think that if the property which you have in the off-hand weapon only comes in effect when you hit something, it doesn't apply when you hit something with the main-hand weapon.

so despite being counted as off-weapon damage, you still need to hit with the weapon with that mod to get the benefit? bummer =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High