Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

I'll have a drink appropriate for meeting old friends. Just talked with a guy I havn't seen in 3 years, was pretty cool reminiscing and stuff.

*gives pancakeman a shot of nostalgia*
*drinks one himself*

Yeah, last time I was visiting Nova Scotia (aka home) I was in a bar having a beer and Neil Armstrong walks in (no, not that Neil Armstrong - I grew up with a kid with that exact name sidenote: James Bond is a friend of mine too, btw - the only two famous-named people I know. But that's beside the point).

And no, this isn't a joke...

Anyways, our parents houses were only ~5 minutes apart, so we would car-pool for our hockey games & practices when we were kids. Neil was a couple years older than me, so I hadn't seen him since he graduated high school when I was about 16... So I'm sitting there, nursing my beer and someone walks in, sits down next to me, looks over and says "hey Kevin, how's it going?" It was kindof cool to glance over and immediately respond "not bad at all, Neil. How's life treating you?"

... gotta love small towns.

You know Neil Armstrong??! omgwtfbbqpon1es!!!

:grin:

I like remembering stuff, but I don't like getting all nostalgic. I have to intercept the nostalgia before it reaches the front of my brain and send it back to the back.

Well, I'm off to bed. Night all.

PS: poops plays it smooth, eh? I would have done a perfect movie double take and said something lame.

Ah, come on, I think she likes ya. Plus, just think, you'll never need a car jack or jar opener.

No thanks. If they're not in the same league as my avatar then forget it. Sure I get shot down a lot but a man's reach should always exceed his grasp. One never knows what might happen. The one you may think that's out of your league could be lonely because everybody thinks the same thing. She may never be getting dates because guys are intimidated. It happens more often than you might think.

Also, don't let some baggage from the past intimidate you. As long as she's only crazy (they all are) and not a pyscho then who cares if she's screwed up in the past. We all have.

Greetings everyone! Umm... I have nothing usefull to say... but... umm... Its going to be my birthday in a few weeks. Yep, November 13. Going to be 16. And i expect a brithday cake here in the bar. And don't have anyone jump out of it!!!

*gets pancakeman a dew and a hairdryer*

Sorry, couldn't find any dry firewood. Good luck.

Getting a birthday cake from the bar is a privlidge, not a right. And having a monkey jump out of your ever-so-thoughtful-bar-patrons' gift of a cake is just a bonus!

Be a good boy until you're birthday, and then we'll talk.

</parental rant>

Sure I get shot down a lot but a man's reach should always exceed his grasp.

Does that apply to rock climbing as well?

*pushes BobTheWarrior down the stairs*

No parental talk in here!

Birthdayers can request a monkey free cake if they choose...especially after the 'yellow cake' incident. Bad monkey! I'd spank Zarfen, but I don't want to start any 'spanking the monkey' jokes in here.

the cake-job would have been a perfect job for the inflatable donkey, but he is no more.

*kicks erics in the shins* :angry:

And, I doubt I'm the old man of the bar, at 31.5 (actually, that's an exact amount as my bday is apr 25th), but I feel like it some days. Today is one of those days, as I'm trying (and failing) to remember how I bruised a couple of ribs. At the moment, I strongly feel that breathing is overrated.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High