What silly missconceptions did you have when you started.

oh yeah... my first thought was, I swear, "Wow...I like this game. So if I like it, it's probably a small game a large portion of the gaming world doesnt know of". like whoa.

I thought my pants and wallet would be safe.

I have just finished securing my pants and wallet

after a quick search i realized - i never had mine stolen!!!

*adds extra layers of security, and moves all imporant info and money out of wallet*

i thought waww awsome nightmare hell mode 2 different worlds with others and bosses to kill.........NOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they were all same areas and monsters but stronger and also when i found my first gold item i just keep killing those super unqeus monsters over and over again for more and more golden items i was so happy when i found another gold item but then it turns to be diapointmend when i id it it was same item i found recently and also the fallowing things:

no warcry barb warcrys sucked!!
necro plus iorn maiden owns all and iron maiden only!!!! not other curses!!
amazon with lightning fury was the biggest all time massa killer
hahaha ye deadly strike kills the monster in 1 hit :tongue:
dispointend about mf % tought 100% wil always pr almost give gold item NOT!
WW looked sooooo cool when he cuts through enemys dual wild is the best!!
hahaha and dont foget to put points in ENERGY!!! u need MANA!!1 :jig:

Rare items are better than white or blue items. Always. My barb with the 48 defense rare armor didn't even get throught act III normal.

I also tried desperately, with that same barb, to shop a maul with life leech and something other than 'very slow attack speed' in act III normal so I could live longer.

When I first started playing classic, I thought there was only one difficulty for the first month I played. I could never kill diablo therefore never knew about Nightmare or Hell ofc. I made about 4 characters got them to Diablo and died thinking that you really weren't suppossed to beat him. Eventually I tried to do this weird bnet thing. I was in total shock the first game I made and like 5 people joined talking about their lvl 80s and 90's chars >.<.

Noob moments? Hmmm...

Damage was king. Speed? What's that?

Necro with Scythe

Thinking Shapeshifter Druids didn't block even with Shields.

Thought Rabies was haxxed when it killed players.

Spent points into energy.

Thought Crushing Blow actually crushed the enemy >.>

Defense reduces damage
Str adds damage in a meaningful way
Damage is lvl dependent

ie. things that normally holds true in final fantasy games.

I remember leveling up to 30 doing normal Andy runs just so I could get Fire Golem, thinking it would be great since it's a level 30 skill! Fire Golem let me down that day. :(

haha, I remember being level 20 before meeting andariel with my necro too. First time I ever played (singleplayer). I have no clue what skills I had... but I figured I was level 20 so I could school her.

I hated that hellspawned-dyke ever since >_>;

i finaly came up with one. i mean other than putting skills in stupid places, because everyone's done that, and it's boring now.

my first char on bnet was a sorc and I found a 4 socket staff. I put 2 pemeralds, 1pruby and 1 ptopaz in it and tried to melee thinking i was doing a lot of damage

The sorc couldn't get anything done in hell...and this was in 1.09 when it was easy...i had to delete her.

Mine was + to max/min/fire/etc. damage on charms and jewels would
work on magic attacks.

As a summoner necro, I hoarded gold like there was no tomorrow, thinking that in Hell there would be uber gear to buy and it would be really expensive, considering some of the wands sold in act 1 normal were going for 200k+

I picked up and saved every gem and rune, never using any of them, as I'm the kind of person to wait and use it in the 'best' item, not the available gear.

Never imbued anything, again waiting on the best item.

Never socketed anything, again waiting on the best item.

Many, my first trip through this game could've been so much easier!

I remember thinking the 5 was a 6, because the 5 kinda loks like a 6...

I also remember leveling up and not wanting to use a skill point in "taunt"... to my great surprise, I ended up putting another point into Shout, and understood what the little number in the corner was for =O

oh yeah...I for some reason believed there were 6 acts, not 4 (normal diablo2). I went crazy with disappointment when people said there were only 4 acts... but then they told me of nightmare mode ^^

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High