What silly missconceptions did you have when you started.

hah, I remember having 5 skeletons as a necro without mastery and I thought I could kill andariel with poison attacks.

***** showed me what real poison damage is :p

I didn't start in 1.10 :p
I know. I just mentioned it for those who started later and don't know what we are talking about :azn:

Oh I remember something from the early days: the number 5 did not exist in d2. It goes straight from 4 to 6 and 6 again.

In the Durance of Hate, fighting ghoul lords.
"What's this new aura around me?"
*a meteor impacts my paladin*
"Oh."

7 pages, and nobody has mentioned my biggest newbie mistake. Anybody else have that moment back in the day when you thought your Orb sorc with maxed Orb and Cold Mastery could solo Hell because "Look at the damage on this thing! And I can just spam it all over!"

I cried when I realized there was something called "Cold Immune."

And I won't even punk myself out by talking about the time (after synergies) that I thought I could just make a Barb that ran around with War Cry and all of it's synergies maxed doing nothing but yelling and killin'. LMAO

7 pages, and nobody has mentioned my biggest newbie mistake. Anybody else have that moment back in the day when you thought your Orb sorc with maxed Orb and Cold Mastery could solo Hell because "Look at the damage on this thing! And I can just spam it all over!"

I cried when I realized there was something called "Cold Immune."
Yes. Look at the bottom of page 3.

heh...your cold sorc was my counterpart then. I maxed out hydra because well....multiheaded beasts of fire, who can resist? I maxed out hydra, fireball etc. And I totally ruled in nightmare. Then I entered Hellmode for the first time.

*notices his res*
*cries*
*goes outside camp*
*notices common carvers being fire immune*
*cries more*
*notices that every other group of monsters seems to have a unique, often with aura*
*throws around small animals in a fit of rage screaming "so unfair!!!"*

BLARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH for the longest time i thought:
*leap KB radius was limited by diminishing returns
*the "radius" displayed under leap skill indicated the KB radius.

In a baal game last night someone said "Barb your skill just took my life away".

I laughed and immediately thought of this thread.

I didn't know about the clue you get (more than a clue they frigging tell you) as to which tomb duriel is in.
I ran every single tomb until I found her at least 3 times.

I found an eth Colossus Voulge. I looked at the strength requirement and said "who would want that?" and tossed it on the ground :hang:

I remember thinking that having the full Sigon set made me invincible. :grin:

I also picked up every gem I could find not because of "value," but because they were colorful and it was something to collect (yes, I've always been a bit of a packrat). Then I found out about "magic finding" and was reluctant to give up my pretty gems for more topaz or gear with that mod on it. Made my brother upset with me several times for making him pick up every gem I heard drop on his screen. :laugh:

I thought that using lightning fury at walls would make it bounce...

offtopic: i think I saw dii legend just now in a channel, do you have a sorc named dii-legend?

Oh I remember something from the early days: the number 5 did not exist in d2. It goes straight from 4 to 6 and 6 again.

once i leved up from 59 and then some noob stole my levels and i was back down at 50! grrrr pubbies....

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High