Tournament: The Sword of Destiny

Re: Tournament: The Sword of Destiny

Thyiad & I are looking into the suspicions raised here. We'll take it from here on out.

[highlight]Let's get this thread back on topic please.[/highlight]

Well i beat Radamant, I got the Cube and the Staff. I rerolled magic wands with chippies to make some money and i was on my way. I gained 1 level and am now 21. I changed my sword to a 3 sock claymore i believe, with a ral, tal, and a Ith. I am enjoying it so far since i have 300 charge damage. Im doing good but i had 3 NDE's with Radamant. That rascal is powerful on players 8 but he was worth the one skill point. Im having fun and good luck to all.

Marion is halfway through Act I Nightmare. It has been more of struggle than I envisioned. It feels a little bit like Hell difficulty, in that I need to separate packs and carefully study boss abilities before I decide how to tackle those packs.

Resists are something like 73/28/56 and I have around 550 life. So that´s not the problem. The problem is my awfully slow hit recovery (should be a little better with my new belt, though), and my bad AR. With my bad hit recovery, I can not afford to get mobbed. That is obvious after I´ve seen what 3 Hungry Dead minions in a boss pack can do with me...Maybe I should get some more Faster Cast, so I can teleport away quicker?

Also, both me and Alhizeer seriously HATE cold enchanted archers! Especially the Rogue variant that moves around a lot. I have NO idea how Nightfish can think that CBF is not that important for survival. But I guess he hasn´t played an untwinked MF hungry 2h-sword Enchantress wearing just rares and crafteds...

I could make myself another perfect ruby, and Charsi sold a Mesh Belt after only a couple of visits. The belt I crafted was bound to be an improvement, because I was wearing a plain Plated Belt at that stage. The belt got a perfect OW roll (10%) but only +12 life, and FHR was the only useful random affix.

Countess gave me a measly Eld rune, but I´ve had Ort and Dol drop from other monsters. Plus a Shael back from the Evil Urn on Nihlathak´s floor.

[Highlight]Destroyer Marion the Enchantress and Alhizeer the Prayer merc, level 50, NM Tamoe Highlands next[/Highlight]

Last edited:

Countess gave me a measly Eld rune, but I´ve had Ort and Dol drop from other monsters. Plus a Shael back from the Evil Urn on Nihlathak´s floor.
[/Highlight]
Sweet, you only lack Lem now in order to make a Passion sword. :thumbup: Since you have no +skills, 'Zeal lock' should not be an issue, and it is a faster attack + some extra ar. And Passion itself has 25% ias. If you make it in a Flamberge like I envisioned before my unfortunate demise, it should be plenty. With ias gloves you can get to 39% ias which is the bp for 11/8 frame Zeal for Sorc if I'm correct; next bp is at 60% ias but it can't be achieved becase of the 'rares only' rule.

I might enter yet again (this has become an obsession lol... I must at least get away from Normal!), but not until I contemplate on a new build. No way I'm making the same type of char twice, it just gets too repetitive.

Also, both me and Alhizeer seriously HATE cold enchanted archers! Especially the Rogue variant that moves around a lot. I have NO idea how Nightfish can think that CBF is not that important for survival. But I guess he hasn´t played an untwinked MF hungry 2h-sword Enchantress wearing just rares and crafteds...

NM Rogue Archers killed my last character after putting the deep freeze on my merc and I, much to my chagrin. I was shocked at how quickly they took me down. I'll be much more cautious next time.

Hah my Gawain met his end in the stupidest way possible - my cousin deleted the whole "games" folder, destroying every save of any game i had :( . And he was 28lvl ready to face Diablo himself ...

Edit: I found that i have backup for some of my diablo save folder, so i have Gawain at lvl 20. Can I use it to bring back my character ?

Last edited:

Sweet, you only lack Lem now in order to make a Passion sword. :thumbup:

Yes, and I am only an Um from Crescent Moon. If I survive that far, the Hellforge rune in NM will be interesting. The Strength runeword is not bad either, giving me a potential 35% Crushing Blow, +20 life and gets my STR up to 90 (which makes it possible to wear from a bigger pool of exceptional/elite rare armor types).

I have stashed three Flamberges: one with 2s, one with 3s and one white with an ilvl that means it has 4 sockets max.

Hah my Gawain met his end in the stupidest way possible - my cousin deleted the whole "games" folder, destroying every save of any game i had :( . And he was 28lvl ready to face Diablo himself ...

Edit: I found that i have backup for some of my diablo save folder, so i have Gawain at lvl 20. Can I use it to bring back my character ?

I don't see why that would be a problem, if Gawain didn't die in-game.

My whole "games" folder was deleted by my cousin while she was searching for some Dragon Ball Z episodes ...
I just hope that Mephisto does not decide to drop unique 2 handed sword :)

Marion is halfway through Act I Nightmare. It has been more of struggle than I envisioned. It feels a little bit like Hell difficulty, in that I need to separate packs and carefully study boss abilities before I decide how to tackle those packs.

I'm also trying to figure out how I am going to over come hell with my enchant sorc in the bow tourny. MY problem is more based on the fact that I have nothing to tank for me. Thus I am wondering if Is should just stack the hell out of fhr and fcr and pick of mobs slow and steady. I am guessing If I get to hell its probably going to take a very long time to full clear stages.

Got any tips for good crafts cube recipes? Im actually more of a classic player these days so runes and what not are all above me :/

Helena is about to make her push to Andy.

I would have done this during the weekend but I was able to (finally) get my hands on Mass Effect. . . so that has taken up almost every moment since Friday.

Code:
Name         Character       Class       Area         Level  Current Sword
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyrax        BigSword        Amazon      Guardian      79    SoD: Blacktongue (upped + shael)
Nogan        myswordisbigger Barbarian   N Harrogath   64    SoD: Soulflay (upped + shael)
Raver        Helena          Assassin    N Cats        47    Rare Bastard Sword
Kimppi       ChosenOne       Barbarian   N Dry Hills   45    Rare Espandon
Kavarin      Lancelot        Necromancer N Dry Hills   41    SoD: Soulflay
Zuggz        Zeath           Necromancer N Stony Field 46    Sup Flamberge Flawless ruby, topaz, skull
jiansonz     Marion          Sorceress   N Blood Moor  49    SoD: Shadowfang (jewel of prosperity)
Justin       Vengeance       Barbarian   N R. Camp     48    SoD: Sword Guard (Shael)
Moonfrost    Bul-Kathos      Barbarian   Frozen Tundra 45    SoD: Soulflay
Sorcererbob  Snowman_Frosty  Paladin     Ancients Way  30    3sock claymore: EthEthTal (eth sup bastard sword on switch for bosses)
Snarfer      Paul_Bunyan     Druid       Harrogath     32    Claymore/flawless ruby/topaz/saph
NacRuno      Vega            Necromancer Harrogath     33    Rare Giant Sword
Whommy       Brynhilda       Amazon      L. Kurast     29      2-handed sword +chippies
Thaquitz     Thrain          Barbarian   L. Kurast     26    2-H/Jwl of Envy/flwd emrld/flwd skull
Sixstringer  Desdemona       Sorceress   Kurast        23    Claymore/Amethyst/El
Hanshotfirst Hinamori        Sorceress   Kurast        25    2-H/Tal/Tal/Tal
jimmah       Sven            Barbarian   Pandemonium   26    2-H sword TAl/Tal/Tal
PFSS         TwoBob          Paladin     Lut Gholein   24    Rare 2-H Sword
buraz        Blade           Druid       Lut Gholein   21    2-H/ch skull, topaz & emerald
Rhia         Pointu          Amazon      Lut Gholein   19    2-H/ch saphire, topaz, and skull
Carolus Rex  Conan           Barbarian   Lut Gholein   20    Claymore/2 ch skull
Haerviu      Scorpeia        Amazon      Lut Gholein   20    2-H/ch-Topaz/Emerald/Saphire
Sixstringer  Turin           Paladin     Lut Gholein   21    Claymore/Tal/Tal/Tal
DemonOfWrath Sardinath       Barbarian   Far Oasis     22    Claymore/flawed topaz saphire and skull
sdbramwell   Bladestone      Paladin     Lut Gholein   22    Claymore/topaz/Jewel/flwd emrld
Dlav         Uncle-Sam       Paladin     Stony Field   20    Rare 2-H  
Baajir       Orlog           Necromancer Black Marsh   13    2-H / ch topaz
altima      Gawain          Barbarian    Act III       25     Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Nagisa       Gintoki         Necromancer Stony Field   10    Sup 2-H/ch saph,ruby,emerald
FaNCy        Harlequin       Amazon      Cold Plains    7     -
sveinbjorn   Sir_Robin       Paladin     Rogue camp     1    Starter sword
Ordeith      Moiraine        Assassin    Rogue camp     1    Starter claw
[highlight]Fallen Heroes[/highlight]
Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XxuberstarxX Boxxy           Assassin    H Cold Plains 64    SoD: Shadowfang (upped + shael)
Raver        Natasha         Amazon      N Pand        59    Claymore/ Tal / Ral/ Jewel
Nunka        Gurloes         Paladin     N Travincal   58    Zweihander/12% ED jewel/2x pskull
Buraz        Macho           Barbarian   N SpiderCave. 50    SoD: Soulflay (upped + shael)
XxuberstarxX Elessar         Paladin     N Maggot Lair 48    Flamberge/2x ort/2x ral
Hanshotfirst Hinamori        Assassin    N Catacomb4   46    Rare Giant Sword
Sixstringer  Sangar          Paladin     N Stony Field 41    Flamberge/Jewel of Ire/Ith/Skull
Justin       tourny-one      Barbarian   PandFortress  33    GiantSword (ith, sapp, jewel (5max dam, 17 ar))
Greizer      WoodChuck       Barbarian   Chaos Sanc    30    Claymore (Tir+chipped skull+lol)
skoolbus     Lancelot        Paladin     Chaos Sanc.   25    SoD: Shadowfang
Sixstringer  Stormblade      Paladin     Chaos Sanc.   30    Claymore/Ral rune, jewel of envy
Nunka        Dorcas          Sorceress   Chaos Sanc.   32    Sup Clay/saph/topaz/emrld
JayeM        Garvin          Paladin     D. of Hate 3  29    Rare claymore
sdbramwell   Crisendon       Paladin     CanyonMagi    24    Claymore/JoEx2
stbay        Xerber          Paladin     Jail Lev1     17    2-H / 3x jewel of envy
JayeM        Groo            Barbarian   Triangl tomb  26    Rare claymore
ShadedOne    Deuxmains       Paladin     Duriel's      25    2-H/ch saph/ch skullx2
JayeM        Howell          Druid       Canyon/Magi   25    2-H/ruby/skull/J.ofEnvy
sveinbjorn   Elric           Necromancer Tal's Tomb    24    2-H/2 ch emrld/skull
Greizer      LeChuck         Paladin     Tal's Tomb    23    3sox Claymore/20psn jewel/12%dmg to mana jewel/empty
Greizer      Sassy_Lass      Sorceress   Arcane Sanct. 21    Claymore (Skull+12% ed jool+flawed emerald)
jamesixgun   Judith          Assassin    Lost City     24    2-H/ch 2x ruby/saph
jamesixgun   OrangeJuice     Barbarian   Lut Gholein   20    2-H/+3 min Jewel/fl topaz/ch ruby
sveinbjorn   Begg Galoot     Barbarian   Stony Field   12    2-H/3 ch em
Brutass      HugeWilly       Barbarian   Catacomb4     18    2-H/normal sword
sveinbjorn   Fafhrd          Barbarian   Cathedral     19    2-Hand/2 ch emrld
bcoe         Walter          Paladin     Catacombs 3   17    2-H/JofEnvy
sveinbjorn   Miyumi          Assassin    Jail Lvl 1    17    2-H/2 ch emrld
Rhia         Baam-Baam       Sorceress   The Pits      17    2/H/ch topaz,ch rub,ch emerald
TLOD         Norris          Barbarian   Balck Marsh   17    2-H/ch topaz.ch skull
JayeM        Leona           Sorceress   Monastery     16    2-H/Ch Skull/topaz/sapp
PFSS         Bob             Paladin     Duriel        20    Claymore/+5Max/+7Max

Well i beat Radamant, I got the Cube and the Staff. I rerolled magic wands with chippies to make some money and i was on my way. I gained 1 level and am now 21. I changed my sword to a 3 sock claymore i believe, with a ral, tal, and a Ith. I am enjoying it so far since i have 300 charge damage. Im doing good but i had 3 NDE's with Radamant. That rascal is powerful on players 8 but he was worth the one skill point. Im having fun and good luck to all.

Just curious . . . what are you using money for?

After a fairly uneventful trip through WSK, Bul-Kathos moved on to NM. Baal's drop was pretty decent (I do have 31% MF, after all) but sadly I couldn't use the armor for obvious reasons. I kept the greaves as they had 29% FR and half freeze duration.

Here's a short clip of Bul-Kathos fighting the Ancients. It was a rather easy fight so I had to do some Matrix-style slo-mo jumps across the screen to keep myself entertained. I almost fell off the cliff at the end!

To do: find a Sol and up the SoD.

Code:
Cyrax        BigSword        Amazon      Guardian      79    SoD: Blacktongue (upped + shael)
Nogan        myswordisbigger Barbarian   N Harrogath   64    SoD: Soulflay (upped + shael)
Zuggz        Zeath           Necromancer N Stony Field 46    Sup Flamberge Flawless ruby, topaz, skull
jiansonz     Marion          Sorceress   N Blood Moor  49    SoD: Shadowfang (jewel of prosperity)
Justin       Vengeance       Barbarian   N R. Camp     48    SoD: Sword Guard (Shael)
Moonfrost    Bul-Kathos      Barbarian   N Rogue Camp  47    SoD: Soulflay
Sorcererbob  Snowman_Frosty  Paladin     Ancients Way  30    3sock claymore: EthEthTal (eth sup bastard sword on switch for bosses)
Snarfer      Paul_Bunyan     Druid       Harrogath     32    Claymore/flawless ruby/topaz/saph
Whommy       Brynhilda       Amazon      L. Kurast     29    2-handed sword +chippies
Thaquitz     Thrain          Barbarian   L. Kurast     26    2-H/Jwl of Envy/flwd emrld/flwd skull
Sixstringer  Desdemona       Sorceress   Kurast        23    Claymore/Amethyst/El
jimmah       Sven            Barbarian   Pandemonium   26    2-H sword TAl/Tal/Tal
buraz        Blade           Druid       Lut Gholein   21    2-H/ch skull, topaz & emerald
Rhia         Pointu          Amazon      Lut Gholein   19    2-H/ch saphire, topaz, and skull
Carolus Rex  Conan           Barbarian   Lut Gholein   20    Claymore/2 ch skull
Haerviu      Scorpeia        Amazon      Lut Gholein   20    2-H/ch-Topaz/Emerald/Saphire
Sixstringer  Turin           Paladin     Lut Gholein   21    Claymore/Tal/Tal/Tal
DemonOfWrath Sardinath       Barbarian   Far Oasis     22    Claymore/flawed topaz saphire and skull
sdbramwell   Bladestone      Paladin     Lut Gholein   22    Claymore/topaz/Jewel/flwd emrld
altima       Gawain          Barbarian   Act III       25     Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Nagisa       Gintoki         Necromancer Stony Field   10    Sup 2-H/ch saph,ruby,emerald
Code:
XxuberstarxX Boxxy           Assassin    H Cold Plains 64    SoD: Shadowfang (upped + shael)
Raver        Natasha         Amazon      N Pand        59    Claymore/ Tal / Ral/ Jewel
Nunka        Gurloes         Paladin     N Travincal   58    Zweihander/12% ED jewel/2x pskull
Buraz        Macho           Barbarian   N SpiderCave. 50    SoD: Soulflay (upped + shael)
XxuberstarxX Elessar         Paladin     N Maggot Lair 48    Flamberge/2x ort/2x ral
Sixstringer  Sangar          Paladin     N Stony Field 41    Flamberge/Jewel of Ire/Ith/Skull
Justin       tourny-one      Barbarian   PandFortress  33    GiantSword (ith, sapp, jewel (5max dam, 17 ar))
Greizer      WoodChuck       Barbarian   Chaos Sanc    30    Claymore (Tir+chipped skull+lol)
Sixstringer  Stormblade      Paladin     Chaos Sanc.   30    Claymore/Ral rune, jewel of envy
Nunka        Dorcas          Sorceress   Chaos Sanc.   32    Sup Clay/saph/topaz/emrld
stbay        Xerber          Paladin     Jail Lev1     17    2-H / 3x jewel of envy
ShadedOne    Deuxmains       Paladin     Duriel's      25    2-H/ch saph/ch skullx2
JayeM        Howell          Druid       Canyon/Magi   25    2-H/ruby/skull/J.ofEnvy
sveinbjorn   Elric           Necromancer Tal's Tomb    24    2-H/2 ch emrld/skull
Greizer      LeChuck         Paladin     Tal's Tomb    23    3sox Claymore/20psn jewel/12%dmg to mana jewel/empty
Greizer      Sassy_Lass      Sorceress   Arcane Sanct. 21    Claymore (Skull+12% ed jool+flawed emerald)
jamesixgun   Judith          Assassin    Lost City     24    2-H/ch 2x ruby/saph
jamesixgun   OrangeJuice     Barbarian   Lut Gholein   20    2-H/+3 min Jewel/fl topaz/ch ruby
Rhia         Baam-Baam       Sorceress   The Pits      17    2/H/ch topaz,ch rub,ch emerald
TLOD         Norris          Barbarian   Balck Marsh   17    2-H/ch topaz.ch skull
JayeM        Leona           Sorceress   Monastery     16    2-H/Ch Skull/topaz/sapp
PFSS         Bob             Paladin     Duriel        20    Claymore/+5Max/+7Max

This might be wrong place to ask, but I'm considering imbuing a flamberge, where can I find what mods I can get at which level? I'll go ask in the statistics forum I guess.

Just curious . . . what are you using money for?

The money atm is quite useless. It just sits in my bank. Maybe later i will use it to buy socketed swords or something of that sort. I just like the idea that i will never have to worry about running out of money. Anyway im about to play an hour session in 5 minutes so I will either update this post or make a new one.

Good Luck To All.

The battle between Andy and the 3 took almost forever.
I'm seeing the weakened state Zeath is in without having bone skills.

Still No SOD :(

Code:
Zuggz        Zeath           Necromancer N Lut Gholein 48    Rare Great Sword
Moonfrost    Bul-Kathos      Barbarian   N Rogue Camp  47    SoD: Soulflay
Whommy       Brynhilda       Amazon      L. Kurast     29    2-handed sword +chippies
altima       Gawain          Barbarian   Act III       25     Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Code:

Lancelot has battled his way through to the Canyon of the Magi. This puts him in third place amongst the survivors as far as I can work out (although a) huge respect to Cyrax and BigSword for the Guardian and b) 4 fallen heroes made it further). I've made a couple of changes in act 2: I switched the merc from prayer to holy freeze which I'm kinda regretting. Since that change, we've both been addicted to the red sauce. I also _upgraded_ (!) the mercs weapon to a plain white pike which has accelerated progress a bit. Dim Vision at slvl 12 is working nicely at the moment and has made life fairly safe although I still frequently switch between Amp Dam, DV and Terror. I'd prefer confuse but so goes the tourny :)

Code:
Kavarin      Lancelot        Necromancer N Magi Canyon 44    SoD: Soulflay
Zuggz        Zeath           Necromancer N Lut Golein  48    Sup Flamberge Flawless ruby, topaz, skull
Whommy       Brynhilda       Amazon      L. Kurast     29      2-handed sword +chippies
altima       Gawain          Barbarian   Act III       25    Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Code:

Last edited:

Code:
Zuggz        Zeath           Necromancer N Lut Golein  48    Sup Flamberge Flawless ruby, topaz, skull
altima       Gawain          Barbarian   Act III       25    Sup Claymore 3x Ith
Dlav         Uncle-Sam       Paladin     Canyon Magi   22    Superior Claymore/Tal/Ral/Ith

Well I got to the Canyon of Magi. It was fun. I had one NDE in the palace level 2 where i faught a unique sand raider with 5 normal ones and literally 12 Skeleton Archer type monsters in the background spamming me with arrows. I panicked, i chugged pot and my life still went down. I Charged away, setup and beat the odds. I will update later tonight because now im off to look at houses since im moving.

Good Luck.

I got a new sword which is on the list and while i ran the den of evil while i was bored i found 2 large charms that added 3 to strength on one and the other had 3 to dex. Well bye and have fun all.

Made some progress again. No NDE:s that I can remember this time. No drops worth mentioning either.

Duriel was easier than I thought. Before stepping inside the chamber I was pretty scared that ChosenOnes journey may end in his hands, but everything went smoothly: while my idiot was tanking him, I just whirled around him and when I ran out of mana pots, I made a trip back to town and jumped right back to the action until he fell.

Oh and I just realized that my current sword is a failed unique. :scratchchin:

Code:
Kimppi       ChosenOne       Barbarian   N Great Marsh 50    Rare Espandon
Dlav         Uncle-Sam       Paladin     Canyon Magi   22    Superior Claymore/Tal/Ral/Ith
Code:

Crainte Vomir is a pretty sweet HC sword. Too bad. :/

+160-200% Enhanced Damage (varies)
50% Increased Attack Speed
Slows Target By 35%
-70 To Monster Defense Per Hit
20% Faster Run/Walk
Damage Reduced By 10%
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High