Tournament: Set/Unique Worshippers 2017

Kitteh: I'll watch your vids with interest. Especially because I'd love to see how your Phoenix Striker will fight once fully developed. I do have a Phoenix Striker of sorts myself... she's only in her 40s, so she's not fully done yet, but I've been having trouble getting into the rhythm of PS. It seems that either I slow down my pace too much, or I miss the correct amount of charges all the time and unleash the wrong attacks, so I'm better served just by using Fists of Fire/Claws of Thunder, with PS only as a synergy and maybe occasionally for the ice attack.

Myself, I've started up my Martyr Paladin named Jeff. I've full-cleared everything on /p8 (exception: Duriel on /p1) so far, up to the end of Act 2. Quite a slog, but so far I've been willing to put up with it. Ah, to be level 29 at the end of Act 2! One of my other characters recently finished up Act 5 at the same level... Since there's not been too much in the way of challenge so far, I'll just quickly list the items of interest I've found. I started with some plain white scepters, first one with +1 Might, then one with +1 Sacrifice and +3 Prayer. My Akara ring turned out to be of +1 max damage. As for the interesting part, here's an Imgur album:

https://imgur.com/a/attRptk

As far as skills go, I've maxed Sacrifice, and have put points into all the prereqs for Fanaticism and Redemption. Once I reach level 30, I'll start pumping those, probably aiming to max Fanaticism first. If I get a good 1H/shield combo, I may add a couple levels of Holy Shield to the mix.

Well, set up a new char. Went with good old reliable Meroca the Necro. Try to go with a Skelli/poison build but i'll see how viable it is early on.

Act 1 wasn't much to talk about. The only thing on note was this bad ass wand early on in the dark wood:

View attachment 9590

My destiny was set in stone - Skelli Army!

Made it all the way to Andy with a scratch, and more importantly, WITHOUT A S/U!!! Jayyyysus!

Andy was no help either, dropping all rares!

Currently in Act II about to head out into the desert after cleansing the sewers...

[highlight]Meroca, Lvl 21, Act II Dry Hills, 0 S/U!!!!!!!! [/highlight]

I noticed that no one has taken a Sorceress past level 60 yet. So, I will try with a young maiden named Persephone. She will use Frozen Orb if she lives long enough. I was tempted to try to max out Static Field first, but sanity took over. However, that does sound like fun in normal difficullty doesn't it?

Persephone (level 20) has defeated Andariel and moved on to Lut Gholein. She has found three set items: Cleglaw's Claw, Infernal Cranium and Arctic binding. Pretty good for Act 1.

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Worshippers Leaderboard[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    52       28         NM Act II Lut Gholein
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Caliph             ??              Assassin     Dancer            ??       ??         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies           35?        >2        Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    32       17         Act IV Panda Fortress
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     21        0         Act II Dry Hills
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        20        3         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Martyrs[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67      78          NM Act IV Diablo
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59      28          NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49      28          NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34       9          Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32      5+          Act IV Diablo

Last edited:
Jeff's journey continues with the completion of Acts 3 and 4 in Normal, and Act 5 has also been cleared up to Arreat Plateau:

https://imgur.com/a/hFfv55q

If I recall correctly, I'm level 38 now, with Fanaticism and Redemption both around level 5 now. I also got my first point in Holy Shield now that I'm likely going to be running a 1H/shield combo for a long while. I'll pump at least a few more points into the skill before proceeding onwards with Fanaticism.

@Kitteh - HI! Catching up on several weeks/months of forum activity. Are you still active with the [?]Phoenix striker in this tourney? Would love to check some out sometime, especially as I work out where my char was parked, but still recall my phoenix stiker very fondly.

Congrats to Jiansonz, as expected! Still an awesome feat, but we knew you could! :D

Persephone has defeated Duriel on P8 (thanks to static field) and moved on to the Kurast Docks. She is at level 28 and has found 6 S/U items:
Leadcrow, Infernal Cranium, Hsarus' Iron Stay, Cleglaw's Claw, Arctic Binding and Berserker's Headgear.

Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    52       28         NM Act II Lut Gholein
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Caliph             ??              Assassin     Dancer            ??       ??         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies           35?        >2        Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    32       17         Act IV Panda Fortress
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     21        0         Act II Dry Hills
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        28        6         Act III Kurast Docks
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage

Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67      78          NM Act IV Diablo
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59      28          NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49      28          NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34       9          Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32      5+          Act IV Diablo

Introducing my third character, Obara*, who is a Tiger Strike + Dragon Tail character. It's a build I've never played before. I very much look forward to seeing how it will play out. It's a build that benefits a lot on good gear (especially heavy boots, I suppose) but will probably get by reasonably well on lesser gear.

(* GoT fans will know her. Funny thing was that when I finally got around to watch Season 7, I found out that Obara was offed quite early. Ouch. Hopefully that is not a sign of things to come in the tourney...)

Tiger Strike was pumped early. Worked well both with Attack or the kicks as finisher.

[Highlight]Felloak[/Highlight] (Coldcrow's minion)
[Highlight]Pelta Lunata[/Highlight] (Brute boss in The Hole)
[Highlight]Deathspade[/Highlight] (Jail level 2)

Alright. Act II merc still free to use a 'grey' weapon. I gave him a Spetum with a socketed sapphire, as usual.

Decent damage numbers early on:
(okay, the shrine inflates them, I'll admit that)

View attachment 9724

And more damage numbers (this time with no shrine help!):

View attachment 9725

[Highlight]Biggin's Bonnet[/Highlight] (Halls of the Dead level 3)
Hsaru's Iron Stay (Bloodwitch the Wild)
Isenhart's Horns (Maggot Lair level 1)
Isenhart's Horns #2 (Ancient Tunnels)
[Highlight]The Diggler[/Highlight] (Canyon of the Magi)

Right. The third S/U weapon. Club, axe and dagger. Not much for the mercs.
Prayer Guard was kept, but was now weaponless.

[Highlight]Biggin's Bonnet[/Highlight] #2 (Tomb 1 rack)
[Highlight]Withersting[/Highlight] (Tomb 2 Gorebelly boss)

A merc weapon, that's better. Okay, far from powerful but still an improvement. With no more merc tanking, Obara invested a little more in her Shadow Warrior.

"Be some good lasses and take out this nuisance, will you?"

View attachment 9726

Angelic Sickle (Tomb 6)
[Highlight]Gull[/Highlight] (True Tomb Gorebelly boss)
Isenhart's Case (Duriel)
[Highlight]Shadowfang[/Highlight] (Duriel)

Gull, that's awesome! The short range is annoying, but it really doesn't get in the way of the character build. At least it's a fast weapon.

Stunlocking kicks in the Cavern:

View attachment 9727

Cathan's Seal (Spider Forest)
Cathan's Seal #2 (Flayer Jungle main village)
[Highlight]Gleamscythe[/Highlight] (Flayer Jungle)
Vidala's Fetlock (Disused Fane rack)
[Highlight]Manald Heal[/Highlight] (Sewers)
[Highlight]Nagelring[/Highlight] (15%) (Upper Kurast)
Arctic Binding (Upper Kurast)

Okay, the Fetlocks. No unique boots yet (was hoping for some I can upgrade later), but at least I won't ever need to go smaller than Light Plated Boots...

And yet again, some damage numbers (looks like I am very fond of screenshooting those):

View attachment 9728

Cleglaw's Tooth (Mephisto)
[Highlight]Nokozan Relic[/Highlight] (Mephisto)

[Highlight]Obara the TS/DTail Assassin and Kyoko the Fire Sister, level 32, 23 S/U items found, Outer Steppes next[/Highlight]

Last edited:
Persephone (level 32) has defeated Mephisto and moved on to the Pandamonium fortress. Milabrega's Orb was dropped by Mephisto.

Her S/U items are Milabrega's Orb, Cathan's Seal, Leadcrow, Infernal Cranium, Hsarus' Iron Stay(2), Hsarus' Iron Heel, Cleglaw's Claw, Arctic Binding and Berserker's Headgear.

Code:
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        32        10         Act IV Panda

Code:

Last edited:
Well, I started a Charged Bolt/Frozen Orb sorceress named Bethany over the weekend, and she may as well participate in this. I don't expect her to make it to far, but who knows. She cleared out the Den and fetched the Cold Plains waypoint. Expect slow progress.

No finds, no NDEs. Also no screens.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High