Tournament: Set/Unique Worshippers 2017

Pam has entered Lower Kurast, and since the way point was right at the entry point, I decided to empty my items into ATMA and give a short update. She is at level 61 and has 65 S/U items. The list of items has only increased by two since my last update, so I will not list them here. The two new items are both Torso Armors (Hawkmail and Venom Ward). I considered trading the Angelic Mantle for that Venom Ward, but since Pam also has Angelic Halo, it didn't appear to be a good trade.

Eventually he trapped me and i was out of Pinks:

Not sure if the death message is because of the bone prison or my thorns....?

Looks like you have (accidently?) swapped left button skill to Sacrifice, which costs life to use.

Sorry for the defeat - but GL if you give it another go!

Pam has killed Mephisto and moved on to the Pandemonium Fortress. She is very worried about her resistances (see stats below). The resistances have been sacrificed in favor of Magic Find. The latest equipment change was the result of finding Vidala’s Bow. That and the Vidala amulet resulted in +50 to Magic Find, but setting aside the Mahim Oak Curio cost resistances and attributes. The merc also found an item that has been very impressive. The Pierre Tombale Couant is a very good Partizan with over 800 max damage.

She is a level 64 Amazon with 71 S/U items. She is ready to leave the Pandemonium Fortress (NM Act 4). Here are her S/U items:

Wearing: Arctic binding and Arctic Mitts
Vidala’s Barb, Vidala’s Snare
Angelic Halo and Angelic Mantle
Hotspurs
Cathan's Seal ring
Tarnhelm

Offhand: Civerb's Ward and Ciberb's Cudgel

Merc: Isenhart’s Horns
Isenhart's Case
Pierre Tombale Couant

Others not being used; another Angelic Mantle, another Angelic Halo, Arctic Horn Bow, Berserker’s Hatchet, Blacktongue, Bonesnap, Cathan’s Rule, 2 more Cathan’s Seals, Cleglaws Pincers, Cleglaw’s Tooth, Crushflange, Deathspade, Duskdeep, Gleamscythe, 2 Griswold’s Edges, Hawkmail, Humongous, Hwanin’s Blessing, Infernal Cranium, Infernal Torch, Iratha's Coil, Iratha’s Collar, 4 more Isenhart’s Cases, 3 more Isenhart’s Lightbrands, 2 Kinemil’s Awl, 2 Lance of Yaggai, Milabrega’s Orb, Milabrega’s Rod, 2 Sander’s Riprap, Sigon’s Gage, Sigon’s Sabot, Sigon’s Visor, 3 Skull Splitters, Soulflay, Steelclash, Stormguild Shield, Stoutnail, Swordback Hold, Tancred’s Crowbill, Tancred’s Spine, The Cheiffain, The Diggler, 2 Mahim-Oak Curios, Venom Ward.

She has the following statistics:

Level 64
Strength 65 + 5
Dexterity 44 + 10
Vitality 215
Energy 81
Life 896
Mana 215
Stamina 342
Defense 326
Magic Find 153
Fire Resist 48
Cold Resist 41
Poison Resist 3
Lightning Resist -1

Skill Point assignments:

Cold Arrow 12
Ice Arrow 5
Freezing Arrow 19
Valkyrie 20
Decoy 5
Critical Strike 2
Penetrate 1
Evade 1
Avoid 1
Dodge 1
Slow Missiles 1
Inner Sight 1

Next stop is Diablo!

Last edited:
Very few dangerous spots so far in the final act. Nice progress for the most part.

Here's something that was a first for me - fires from a Multishot imp on a tower:

View attachment 9295

Some tough bulls in RoF-like bonus areas:

View attachment 9296
View attachment 9297

The second was more dangerous for my companions, but the first required a poisonous Valkyrie so we could get the kill without Viri's lightning damage.

What I think was the most dangerous incidient in the act this far happened in Frozen River. An Uvil urn spawned a snake bosspack, and Viri got blocked in. Before she really had decided what to do about the situation, the boss (which apparently was Fire Enchanted) exploded, right next to her! Sometimes a really powerful merc can be a liability...

View attachment 9300

(And is that some residual Conviction I see by Fazel's feet? Yikes!)
Viri's amount of life wasn't touched by the explosion. I later calculated that the chance for the explosion to get past her ~30% blocking and her level 1+1 Avoid was 46%. This isn't v1.10-1.11 where the damage would probably have been fatal (although /p3 snakes don't have a huge amount of life) but that was scary.

Sometimes the monster/boss density can be quite thick. Here's all the crap from the start of one of the Nilly areas (two bosspacks of mages, one with apes, and assorted other critters):

View attachment 9298

Last floor had Tomb Vipers, so there were a few resurrections needed for Fazel. The Evil Urn spawned skeleton archers - that was a relief! Nihlathak had Extra Strong + Cursed. That meant that his CEs were quite deadly, but I made sure to keep my distance. It's not like in v1.09, where he could nail you with a corpse from almost off-screen.

HF + Decrepify were great against Nihlathak. He died before he managed to do much.
Fazel got hit by one explosion that took about 3/4 of his life.

After the session, I made myself a collector's item. I've always wanted one of these. For some reason, it's the only runeword that can be made in an orb (and because of the socket number, only in 1/5 of the item types):

View attachment 9299

Sigon's Wrap #2 (Frigid Highlands)
Sigon's Sabot #3 (Frigid Highlands)
Dangoon's Teaching (Frozen River)
[Highlight]Boneslayer Blade[/Highlight] (Frozen River mage boss)
Arctic Binding #2 (Frozen Tundra)
Vidala's Snare #2 (Frozen Tundra evil urn)

[Highlight]Viridissima the Amazon and Fazel the Holy Freeze guard, level 87, Hell Ancients' Way next, 152 S/U items found.[/Highlight]

Last edited:
Pam has been killed by Diablo. I guess my long layoff in playing this game resulted in loss of memory. Those bone prisons were nearly impossible to get rid of. The third one outlasted the Valkyrie and in no time at all I had used all my remaining health potions.

She was a level 67 Amazon with 78 S/U items. Here are her S/U items:

Wearing: Arctic binding and Arctic Mitts
Vidala’s Barb, Vidala’s Snare
Angelic Halo and Angelic Mantle
Hotspurs
Cathan's Seal ring
Tarnhelm

Offhand: Civerb's Ward and Ciberb's Cudgel

Merc: Duskdeep Bassinet
Venom Ward Ciurass
Pierre Tombale Couant

Others not being used; another Angelic Mantle, another Angelic Halo, Arctic Horn Bow, Berserker’s Hatchet, Berserker’s Headgear, Blacktongue, Boneslayer Blade, 2 Bonesnaps, Cathan’s Rule, 2 more Cathan’s Seals, Cleglaws Pincers, Cleglaw’s Tooth, Crushflange, Deathspade, Gleamscythe, 3 Griswold’s Edges, Hawkmail, Humongous, Hwanin’s Blessing, Infernal Cranium, Infernal Torch, Iratha's Coil, Iratha’s Collar, Isenhart’s Horn, 5 Isenhart’s Cases, 3 more Isenhart’s Lightbrands, 2 Kinemil’s Awl, 2 Lance of Yaggai, Maelstrom, Milabrega’s Orb, Milabrega’s Rod, 2 Sander’s Riprap, Sigon’s Gage, Sigon’s Sabot, Sigon’s Visor, 3 Skull Splitters, Soulflay, Spineripper, Steelclash, Stormguild Shield, Stoutnail, Swordback Hold, Tancred’s Crowbill, Tancred’s Spine, The Cheiffain, The Diggler, 2 Mahim-Oak Curios, Vidala’s Barb.

She had the following statistics:

Level 67
Strength 65 + 5
Dexterity 44 + 10
Vitality 215
Energy 96
Life 900
Mana 235
Stamina 345
Defense 326
Magic Find 153

Skill Point assignments:

Cold Arrow 13
Ice Arrow 6
Freezing Arrow 20
Valkyrie 20
Decoy 5
Critical Strike 2
Pierce 2
Penetrate 1
Evade 1
Avoid 1
Dodge 1
Slow Missiles 1
Inner Sight 1

Yes, sorry about the defeat, Wolron.

(Diablo keeps racking up the kills lately. It's a lot more common to die against him in Normal than in NM, though.)

I forgot to tell you in the last update - last socket reward was used on Fazel's Twitchthroe. Socket was filled with a Jewel of Fervor.

Icy Cellar was intense. Got the layout with the entrance on the center island. Used the entrance several times to pull back Valkyrie & Fazel. Early on, there were CE Burning Souls, regular Burning Souls, three Abominable bosspacks and some succubi (including a nasty bosspack) firing tons of shots from a long way away. The place also ended on the same note. The last Evil Urn in the game spawned another CE Soul pack (thankfully not so close to us).

Ancients time. Both Korlic and Madawc were Cursed, and Talic was Extra Fast. I have a blurry memory of Viri getting chased by that speedy bugger while Amped. I don't know how, but we managed to lose him on the other part of the summit. Valkyrie tanked both Korlic and thrown axes. Fazel made short work of Korlic, then the same with the thrower:

View attachment 9320

After he died, I unsummoned the valkyrie (she sometimes has a very long awareness range and I didn't want her to seek out Talic just yet), then me and Fazel took a break in the top corner so the Amp would wear off. I didn't know it by then, but Talic had spawned with a really wimpy weapon. He had no chance:

View attachment 9321

There were still a few challenges left. Toughest was the first WSK level, with Amp-tossing, machine-gunning Vile Witches and with Death Lords, including two 4-packs of Champs:

View attachment 9322

This would have made a fabulous Insight merc weapon:

View attachment 9323

A rare and lucky start on Throne level, completely calm. After exploring this much, I had not seen a single enemy:

View attachment 9325

And when I did find one, it was a lone greater mummy. :)

Baal fight was pretty chaotic at first, with him making several early clones and spitting out a ton of Appendages. Eventually, we could get to more focused work:

View attachment 9326

I was generous with purples for Fazel, as he was the main damage source, and the Decrepify tamed Baal quite a bit. Didn't look like the chilling part of HF worked on him, though.

Baal hit Viri really hard once, getting her life down below half, but that was all the danger in the fight.
He dropped no greens or golds.

In the cow level, I found out that my duo could tank large herds of cows, as long as Fazel wasn't the target of more than 4-5 or so. Here's the King's pack and some others:

View attachment 9335

[Highlight]Bladebone[/Highlight] #3 (Icy Cellar)
[Highlight]The Ward[/Highlight] #2 (Worldstone Keep 3)

[Highlight]Guardian Viridissima the Amazon and Fazel the Holy Freeze guard, level 87, Complete Game Clear, 154 S/U items found.[/Highlight]

My next post will describe the early days of my third character (who has caught up with my FoH Paladin).

@jiansonz Congrats on another very stylish Guardian and some great write ups!

If that doesn't motivate me to get my Paladin going again then nothing will. Actually, it has been so long that I can't even remember the Paladin's name.

I love a good Valkyrie build, well done Jiansonz! The fact that you found a Reaper's Toll probably made the journey fairly easy at the end. Well, your description of the Icy Cellar makes me think that wasn't all that easy, it would have still been deeds for me, but then I don't feel compelled to kill every monster in the game... Congrats!

Wow, quite some great progress here since my last update. Major congrats to @jiansonz on another Guardian. Hopefully Viri’s progress will bode well for Quinta, who is following in her footsteps as a passivezon (although with much worse S/U luck for far, as will be shown).

I was starting to get a little tired of running the same target (RFL, Phaedrus my 99er in CS, and Pestilence my other 99er in LK), so questing with Quinta was a nice change of pace. Quinta’s last update was at the Cold Plains WP in NM. Another Isenhart’s armor dropped right away, and then Underground Passage dropped another Berserker’s Headgear, which eliminated the last source of MF :\

This boss was a real challenge due to slower attack and being mixed in with lots of normal monsters, but she eventually fell. Countess didn’t give anything special, and then it was uneventful up to Andy, who dropped nothing of use. We will probably go with a A2 Might Merc from here (testing out the upped eth Razortine and upping the Steelgoad to see what’s better) and continuing to play her when I get tired of single-target running.

Good luck to everyone else still playing in the tournament!

Quinta, the Level 52 Passivezon, and Uther, the Level 52 Barb Merc; A2 Nightmare, Lut Gholein; Total S/Us=28, Equipped=12.

Well Radament was one of the hardest iterations I've ever faced. His LE bolts were cold enchanted too, I know they were because even with a lightning shrine active two of his bolts took me from full life to 103 life in about a second. Too bad that they carry both elemental enchantments, as it just meant that AndrewNiteTorch couldn't get close to him and had to rely on Gulzar to do all the work, and Radament was rowdy for sure.

We got him though. I quaffed some thawing potions, had the lightning resist shrine going, and got an iteration where the bolts were all hitting Gulzar, and I took a chance and charged him a couple of times, and the PMH and a CB kicked in and that made it much faster. I also had Salvation running just to be sure, but my resists are so bad that even with all that stuff running I was taking a lot of damage, so it was harrowing to say the least. I think a similar style LE/CE boss will probably get me down the line.

The reduction from full life to 103 life happened very shortly after I took this shot. I tried to stay below him after that, Gulzar seemed to absorb more bolts that way.
View attachment 9420

View attachment 9421

AndrewNiteTorch, level 77 Charger, Lut Gholein still

Well, some interesting things happened...none lethal, thank goodness :)

First: PI FI bosses are a PITA ,esp. when cursed. This spider made me about half of my stashed Full Rejuvs...
View attachment 9492

Another screenshot you'd rather not make:
View attachment 9493

But, I survived...divide and conquer was the tactics! Stun the minions, run away, let the boss chase me and face him 1 on 1 (or rather 3 on 1).

Then I had the strangest thing happen: I activated the Gidbinn quest, but even after minutes of wandering around and looking for the boss pack, none appeared...the quest item remained greyed out. Has anyone ever experienced that? Not that I needed the reward, but I don't want that to happen in the Spirit tournament (we have to do all quests there...). So if anyone knows what triggers the bug, I'd be glad to know.
View attachment 9494

A very fine drop came in early Act III - I was already annoyed because I got chilled/frozen so much, so Hawkmail provided a great opportunity to get CBF. It is certainly better than Sparking Mail, which I used up to that point, or Dark Adherent (I really don't need the +150 Armor partial set bonus :rolleyes:). I inserted a green Jewel with Lightning resist - and voila!
View attachment 9495

The resists are courtesy to another Shimmering Grand Charm, so I'm sporting two of those right now :cool:

Another funny encounter were the Zealots, who were sealed away in Travincal. Neither they nor I could reach each other, because they spawned in a patch that has no connections to the other area around it. So I had to use Volcano as a ranged attack to kill the pack unless I wanted to forfeit doing full clears.
View attachment 9496

The council is, of course, annoyingly fire immune...so I used my up'd Bonesnap and tried to stun them after luring them out one by one. It worked out fine.
View attachment 9497 View attachment 9498 View attachment 9499

Then there was a scary encounter in the Durance level 2 (I almost forgot how friggin' huge the level is!!!!).
View attachment 9500

It's a Dark Lord boss pack with a Dried Corpse boss pack - the Vampire has conviction aura and I was bombarded with Meteors and Fireballs. Thanks to my huge resists and Shockwave (I think I should call Oberon a shockwave druid rather than a FC Druid...it's the skill most crucial to survival) I managed to live through that encounter as well before facing...
View attachment 9501

Oh wait, he's already dead? And he left me that?
Code:
Arioc's Needle 
Hyperion Spear 
Two Hand Damage: 154 - 528 
Durability: 16 of 16 
Required Level: 81 
Required Strength: 145 
Required Dexterity: 110 
Fingerprint: 0xa31dbfa5 
Item Level: 87 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+3 to All Skills 
+30% Increased Attack Speed 
197% Enhanced Damage 
Ignore Target's Defense 
Adds 394 Poison Damage Over 10 Secs (250 Frames) 
50% Deadly Strike
Ethereal

Now THAT is a nice upgrade over The Meat Scraper...LCS damage of my merc is now 1000-2097 (without HF) or 1170-2272 with HF. He's a killing machine and already proved his worth in Act IV, where he singelhandedly defeated all the FI in the first area while I kept them stunlocked.

The only scary thing in Act IV was a Might+Fana double boss pack and I had to do some hit and run tactic again to pick out the bosses before defeating the mobs. No real threat so far though. But no S/U in Act IV either...

Somehow 3 items eluded my attention: The first Berserker's Hatchet somewhen in early Act I NM (I suppose?), a Magefist from the Sewers in Hell Act II and Tal-Rasha's Lidless Eye, which dropped somewhere in Act II in hell (The cellar probably? It has an ilvl of 80).

Then there were those finds in Act III:

112 Boneflesh #2 (Swampy Pit I)
113 Ormus' Robes #1 (Ice Blast, +15% Fire Damage :) (Flayer Jungle)
114 Hawkmail #1 (Flayer Jungle)
115 Tancred's Skull #2 (Lower Kurast)
116 Tabaek's Glory #1 (Sewers I)
117 Messerschmidt's Reaver #1 (Sewers I)
118 Rockstopper #1 (Sewers I)
119 Isenhart's Lightbrand #4 (Upper Kurast)
120 Aldur's Stony Gaze #2 (Travincal)
121 Isenhart's Case #4 (Travincal)
122 eth Arioc's Needle #1(Mephisto)
123 Blood Crescent #1 (Mephisto)
124 Hwanin's Justice #1 (Mephisto)

[HIGHLIGHT]Oberon, level 86 Fire Claws/Shockwave Druid, and Neeraj, the HF merc, Hell River of Flame next. 124 S/Us found in total.[/HIGHLIGHT]

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Worshippers Leaderboard[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    52       28         NM Act II Lut Gholein
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Caliph             ??              Assassin     Dancer            ??       ??         NM Act I Rogue Camp
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies           35?        >2        Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    32       17         Act IV Panda Fortress
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage

[HIGHLIGHT]Set/Unique Martyrs[/HIGHLIGHT]
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67      78          NM Act IV Diablo
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59      28          NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49      28          NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34       9          Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32      5+          Act IV Diablo

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High