The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Re: The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

bumping for 100pages.

Seriously, i'm waiting for Leo's comments too :D

Btw, as i tried to hint myself being Cartman, i did not want to use the Respect my authoritah quote, because of TC's avatar :D

You should edit that nurman, it messes up the page.

I though it would automatically go to the next line (tip, use loads of [Bold] markers.)

Uh, would you edit that so it doesn't completely stretch the window?

No, I don't really care, just added one more post toward the still too distant goal.

soj9yk.gif

I always lol when i see this gif :D

Well, I guess I might as well add in a few cents.

8) I also regret that kimiko was lynched so soon, it would have been interesting if she would have investigated Noodle, only to show him as pro town. I think that could have caused a lot more chaos.

Actually, if I had made it another night, I would have investigated Noodle >_<.

kimiko being lynched Day 2 was so lucky. I really had my share of good and bad luck this game (and nothing in between). I feel bad for kimiko, but I half-suspected her (e.g. her early reference to Gorny looking suspicious) of being the Cop early on Day 2 and so hoped to nudge the lynch onto her. The town seemed mad keen to do it anyway.

Yeah, everyone was getting ready to lynch others, but once they set their sights on me I was done for it seems.

I was bit disappointed about kimiko, not roleclaiming or feeding information early.

I don't have much nice to say, so I'll just say that for all practical purposes we didn't have a cop this game.

Yeah, in all honesty, I was not expecting to get any sort of power role, let alone an important one. That's all my bad there.

However, on night one, the only information I had was that nurman was pro-town and since I did not want to out a town member when they did not need help, I decided to keep more silent about it. Though, I did try to point it out before I left with the whole "I would not vote for you" part, but it was overlooked or something. I was trying to be a bit more mysterious about some things so that I did not get anyone miss lynched.

As for me not role claiming, it seemed to me that I was not really trusted in this game so my thoughts were that I would be either lynched that day or killed that night. So, even if I had role claimed, it would have not done me any good and at least lynching me in the day would (possibly) get a few of you to trust some of the stuff I had said previously.

Lastly, how did none of you believe that one Leopold Stotch was not, at least in some way, a doctor? As said in day 1 (bolded the important part):

the most plausible *I* can come up with is Bad Ash targeted and something happened, idk if it was a bus driver switch with a reflective quality (anyone who targets the bus driver's target the action is bounced back at them) or the doc saved me or the Vigi got really lucky.

It pretty clearly says that the doctor saved her and unless you get a message when you are saved by a doctor (not sure about this part, but probably not), then she was basically telling everyone she was the doctor >_<. (Plus, it was before flubbucket mentioned that she was one of those switched on night one.)

All in all, it was an interesting game and I learned quite a lot. Thanks again to ThunderCat and everyone else who played the game for the unique experience that resulted from it.

LOL, I argued that the posting restrictions coudn't possibly be for mafia only, as that would have made it too easy. Apparently I was right and wrong. *bonk self*

kimiko, if you role claimed, we almost certainly wouldn't have lynched you. Our doctor also would have most likely saved you. It is highly unlikely you would have died. We might have been suspicous, but I'm certain we could have found a better target. Even no lynching would have been better.

I understand your reluctance to role claim, but if you are about to get locked for a lynch, and you are a town power role, it is your responsibility to the team to roleclaim and let us decide if we believe you or not.

Think of it this way: If you role claim, we might believe you and you might live, or we might not believe you and you might die. If you don't role claim, you are guaranteed to die. By not role caiming you didn't even give us the chance to reconsider. It only made you look even more suspicious.

And since you are here, I hope you understand now that when I sad you were scum, I meant that you had a scum (ie anti-town) role, and not that you the person was scum.

I updated my 'tar, now no one can suspect me of being mafia!

*pretend FalconGK quote is here*

Yes, I can see what you mean. It's just that I was figuring stuff out in my head and assuming certain things so I just could not make myself think any of that. So, I just made my decision to play the way that I did and thus sealed my fate. As for the term "scum", it just seems way more harsh even if it is a mafia game term. Plus, there is the fact that many people were just saying mafia or serial killer or vigilante instead, though it could be that I was just having a really bad day so I took it more to heart.

Anyway, in the end, (as for what people were) I was about half right and half wrong in terms of mafia/town people, which was interesting. FalconGK and Feysal, I thought were suspicious for all the stuff they knew and the start of the lynch on me and then Noodle and LozHinge the Unhinged for what many people were saying about them. Though, I did not say too many of my theories out in the open, maybe I was just trying to stay retired :coffee: (as my role was a retired FBI agent :wink:).

*pretend FalconGK quote is here*

Yes, I can see what you mean. It's just that I was figuring stuff out in my head and assuming certain things so I just could not make myself think any of that. So, I just made my decision to play the way that I did and thus sealed my fate. As for the term "scum", it just seems way more harsh even if it is a mafia game term. Plus, there is the fact that many people were just saying mafia or serial killer or vigilante instead, though it could be that I was just having a really bad day so I took it more to heart.

Anyway, in the end, (as for what people were) I was about half right and half wrong in terms of mafia/town people, which was interesting. FalconGK and Feysal, I thought were suspicious for all the stuff they knew and the start of the lynch on me and then Noodle and LozHinge the Unhinged for what many people were saying about them. Though, I did not say too many of my theories out in the open, maybe I was just trying to stay retired :coffee: (as my role was a retired FBI agent :wink:).

I always use the term "bad guy" :girly:

True, now you will be suspected of being anti-Microsoft.

unixos.jpg

kimiko, don't take anything personally in the game.
We are all actors, playing parts. We no more wish to hurt anyone's real, true feelings than we would want to actually lynch them, or kill them in the night. It's just pretend.

I've seen brand new players get town power roles before - doc, cop - people rarely do well under such circumstances. It's best if you get a standard town role in your first game{s}, but it's the luck of the dice, really :)

Yeah, everyone was getting ready to lynch others, but once they set their sights on me I was done for it seems.

Well, I think I said it at the time, people who post too little are easy to suspect. Town needed to lynch someone, and you were it. You weren't the only one either, only the second of four mislynches.

Just, give it another try, okay? And post more next time, speculate, converse, this is a social game after all. I feel like we've been too harsh on you. Or if you feel the game's not for you, nobody's forcing you.

However, on night one, the only information I had was that nurman was pro-town and since I did not want to out a town member when they did not need help, I decided to keep more silent about it. Though, I did try to point it out before I left with the whole "I would not vote for you" part, but it was overlooked or something. I was trying to be a bit more mysterious about some things so that I did not get anyone miss lynched.

I missed that. The next night, Marahumm and I wondered if you'd checked yourself to test your sanity (insane cop role variants exist). Wish I had noticed, that might have saved us from our fourth mislynch. Now that I think of it, I probably wouldn't have checked myself. I would have checked as many people as I could, and trusted outside information to tell me if I was insane or not.

As for me not role claiming, it seemed to me that I was not really trusted in this game so my thoughts were that I would be either lynched that day or killed that night. So, even if I had role claimed, it would have not done me any good and at least lynching me in the day would (possibly) get a few of you to trust some of the stuff I had said previously.

Personally I don't agree, but that's me. I am willing to trust everyone (and that could be the reason for my downfall this game). Had I been in your position, I might have given first my information or part of it, then role claimed if I was still pushed. If you had given any information, I would have questioned my vote on you. Noodle only had to mention wickedswami, and I left him alone that day. I thought that his story would receive confirmation sooner or later. Your story would have been confirmed too, if only you'd lived.

Personally, I consider a no lynch with unverified information better than a mislynch with verified information and no chance of obtaining more. If you had been night killed, you would have been believed, since the mafia saw it necessary to silence you. That would have cost them a night kill.

Lastly, how did none of you believe that one Leopold Stotch was not, at least in some way, a doctor? As said in day 1 (bolded the important part):

That's another one I missed. But, even if I had, I might not have given it too much thought. We were throwing around theories at the time, but it is indeed curious that she should point to herself as having been targeted.

It pretty clearly says that the doctor saved her and unless you get a message when you are saved by a doctor (not sure about this part, but probably not), then she was basically telling everyone she was the doctor >_<. (Plus, it was before flubbucket mentioned that she was one of those switched on night one.)

Uh, did flubbucket ever mention that? He only said he'd switched one who had a posting restriction and one who did not, and it looks like it had no effect on the game.

All in all, it was an interesting game and I learned quite a lot. Thanks again to ThunderCat and everyone else who played the game for the unique experience that resulted from it.

Hope you enjoyed it, and hope to see you again. The more the merrier (and the more likely you survive the first night, with other targets to choose).

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High