The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Re: The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Not the hitman, the Mafia Don, eh? I will go back to always believing that Noodle is scum, and I believe your story a little bit less, Feysal.

OK, we haven't won yet, de ninguna manera! Which has to mean one of us has a non-town aligned role (I know, obvious, but it's first thing in the morning here, lo siento).

My choices are between a VI and some kind of Serial Killer.

The VI will win if we lynch him tomorrow (yeah, duh)- the only player that could possibly be the VI is Ankeli, I don't believe that Feysal could be it. I believe Ankeli when he says he is not the VI. I think Ankeli is plain town.

Feysal has this barkeep role but I believe he has spun a tale about what it is and what it does. The only thing that makes sense to be is he has some kind of killing role that does not automatically come into play, which explains the nights we have had one kill only.

Of course, I could be the VI or the serial killer, but I am discounting those for obvious reasons.

I'll listen to counter-proposals but continuing to paint me a mafia will not be received well! /jk :)

PS. thank you TC, we are awesome this round!

So, not a hitman after all, but mafia still? I can live with that.

I'd thought it was possible for him to be a serial killer too, in which case there would've been no need for all the drama of last night. But when I came up with the idea that he could be a hitman, I did not dare take that chance. Hope our performance was to your liking.

Jst nd th d lrd TC, n pnt n drggng t n.

"Just end the day already TC, no point in dragging it on."

I agree on this. There is no point in us throwing accusations at each other any longer.

The situation is now simple. There is one killer left, and if the killer succeeds in killing, he will win. The only way the killer could be stopped is if I succeed in blocking him - and assuming I was the killer, I would not waste my time in trying to block, but I would go for the kill.

If all three of us are alive tomorrow, the one I blocked will be the last killer. The alternative is that I am dead and town loses, lacking the majority to secure a lynch. That is the risk I took, and I accept it, because even that 50% chance is better than none at all.

To anyone reading this, hope we've entertained you. I wonder, has there ever been a game where a town player threatened to commit suicide in an attempt to secure victory for the team?

Oh, just one more thing I might add, to the discussion whether replying to me would affect my block.

My ability to talk lasts the entire night. I could send messages even at the last minute - with Ankeli, the last message was about an hour before the night ended. But, when starting the day, TC has to know the outcome of the night's actions. For my discussions to have an effect, I would have to send them to TC before the night ended, and I've only been sending them later during the day. In other words, my block does occur regardless of whether I was answered to or not.

Not that it matters much. Should I get the killer to talk to tomorrow night, he might remain silent based on the chance that the block would not affect him then. I now know it won't matter, and it's for you to take on faith. I might enjoy the chat though.

Fine then, I will end the day and let the night last for 8 hours. Maybe 10 if it's needed.

It is now NIGHTTIME. All those with night actions, pm me as soon as possible please. You may not post for 8 hours.

“Since the forumtologists killed the DEA agent, Uraj, this morning a squad of armed personel came into Belkar city to take revenge for the death of their undercover agent. They gathered everyone that was left to quiestin them in the bar. Once they got there, the barkeep,Feysal, was dead and Ankeli stood next to him frightened as hell with a note in his hand that wrote: "I'd like to thank my agent, my sponsors, my pet poodle Alan, ..." signed by LozHinge the Unhinged, the Mexican drug lord. After close inspection, the note revealed a text that could only be seen with a black light, the text said “Adiós muchachos, fue muy divertido para mí para matar a todos y cada uno de ustedes. Me alegro de que cayó en mis trampas. Ibiza está a la espera para mí, donde voy a comenzar mis operaciones nuevas”.

LozHinge the Unhinged, the Mexican drug lord has killed every remaining townsfolk, the rival mafia group and has secured a win for himself and his other two associates, Bad Ash and wickedswami.
Congratulations to all three.

Here are my thoughts about the game:
1) When I first saw how the roles were shared, I knew it would be quite interesting. With Noodle and Bad Ash on opposite sides, both being mafia, it was bound to either end fast for bother of them, or we would have had an epic battle.
2) The twin Noodle and twin Bad Ash roles were basicly vanilla townies with a bit of flavor added to them, they were created prior to knowing both Bad Ash and Noodle would have been mafia.
3) The barkeep role was my favorite, and I was amazed to see Feysal lasting so long with such a powerful role.
4) nurman had quite an interesting role, but I regret that he did not play it. His role told him that most minorities were bad. Either he forgot that part or he simply wanted to play a vanilla townie.
5) Sathoris` role, the homeless person was there to simply add a vote to Zarniwoop to make it hard for him to reveal his double vote power, and also to confirm Feysals role.
6) At first, the mafia hitmen had a 75% chance of killing someone, that is why the first day only had one death, as Bad Ashes attempt to kill Noodle failed. Once Bad Ash died, I flipped a coin and wickedswami replaced Bad Ash as he was his evil twin. I'm glad that has happened because the town only managed to lynch just one mafia member, Noodle, but that was already too late as Feysal was the only townie alive and Ankeli would have never lynched the last remaning mafia member as there would have been no way for him to win this round along with the mafia. Shame on you Loz for not sharing your victory with Ankeli, instead you killed poor Feysal.
7) Feysal, great and strong game you played here, your only mistake was that you trusted everyone.
8) I also regret that kimiko was lynched so soon, it would have been interesting if she would have investigated Noodle, only to show him as pro town. I think that could have caused a lot more chaos.

IMPORTANT
I would like everyone to post their constructive suggestions/thoughts and critiques about the roles and abilities. This will help me out in future rounds that I will for sure host.

Now, I hope everyone had fun, I hope everyones heads hurt from how complex I tried to make everything. My goal was to synergize the roles and add some confusion to everything. But be assured that everyone received the right information. The part where people claimed that I'm giving them false information was a bit disturbing, but I hope that the "de-briefing", as Loz referred to it, will open your eyes and see how much fun I was having.

Once more, congratulations to Loz, wicked and Bad Ash. You guys deserve this win. Let the celebrations begin.

PS: Full details of the round has been posted on the first page.

Last edited:

Congratulations to the winners, except for Bad Ash of course, who failed miserably and died immediately.

What fun! I will go through my notes and see if I can pick out some fun stuff to thrash over.

In the meantime, well played everyone, the game was confusing with the interaction of so many roles, but it made the challenge that much greater. A great game (and I would have said so even if I hadn't won :evil: ).

Anyone speak Spanish, I want to know what TC said I said :)

Use google translate next time Loz.
"Good bye boys, it was a lot of fun for me to kill each and every one of you. Glad you fell into my traps. Ibiza is waiting for me, where I shall start my new operations."

Now, get me those 100 pages, or there shall be no pie.

I have one important comment before any:

In Harry Potter, Bellatrix Lestrange kills Sirius Black, then parades around singing "I killed Sirius Black, I Killed Sirius Black, I Killed Sirius Blaaack!!!"

So, in Bellatrix Lestrange Fashion:

I killed Bad Ash! I killed Bad Ash, I killed Bad Ash!!!!!

ROFL!

Trusted everyone, did I? I trusted the information I was getting, and kept voting the people I thought most likely to be anti-town... I've said it in my messages during the nights, Uraj is my only real regret. If I'd paid attention to the votes, I would have saved him from the mislynch. I knew there was a way for his story to match the facts I had, but I couldn't ask directly, in case he was mafia and guessed the answer I wanted.

So, Ankeli was a type of village idiot after all. I wonder, what would have happened if I'd blocked Loz on the last night? Would Ankeli have voted with me or with Loz? I'll never know. Either way would have been just as bad for him.

At least I am pleased to have figured out nearly everything that was going on. Always just a little too late, though. Some minor errors even in that final story, but I knew they were possible. Noodle being a serial killer, wickedswami possibly being his associate instead of Loz's, I thought they could be possible... but I didn't care. I needed to make a strong accusation, no ifs or buts, I made it my best guess. Kept trying to the end. Like my suicide threat? I would've done it you know. Should've done it, and left Noodle and Loz killing each other.

My bit in the game:

I persuaded Bad Ash to go for the double-bluff and kill Noodle on Night 1. I spent most of the rest of the game feeling horribly guilty, as I wondered if Noodle was wearing Anti-Bad Ash underpants and I had sent poor BA to his death. To make matters worse, BA was revealed as a Mexican Drug Dealer and I have a Spanish accent. Terrific.

The lynch of The Flubster was a break, bus drivers are bad for mafia, but then ...

Wicked gets NK'd Night 2, though thankfully he took out Gorny (the mafia hitman) as well. I seriously started to think that anyone on my side who attempted a NK would automatically die and I considered not trying a kill on Night 3, but blood-thirstiness won me over.

kimiko being lynched Day 2 was so lucky. I really had my share of good and bad luck this game (and nothing in between). I feel bad for kimiko, but I half-suspected her (e.g. her early reference to Gorny looking suspicious) of being the Cop early on Day 2 and so hoped to nudge the lynch onto her. The town seemed mad keen to do it anyway.

Night 3 - Marahumm was my prime target, I considered him very dangerous to me. Zarniwoop's hit was the other mafia team, I guess. I was convinced that Zarni was mafia/anti-town, he was very cagey with his role-claim - but I needn't have worried.

Day 3 - Uraj, my nemesis although I didn't know that until we lynched him. My blood ran cold when I saw his role details.

Night 3 - I chose Sathoris, whom some may feel was an odd choice, but I wanted a bit more confusion in the game. I was thinking I needed to kill people who were plainly Town, rather than go for the more obvious power roles, to help with the end-game (if I was to be involved in it). I also felt that I didn't want Feysal receiving any more corroboration and trust, it was important that I undermine Feysal's credibility later on. Sorry mate! Also, I thought the other mafia faction (I was certain it was Noodle) would kill Feysal for me, him being such an important power role. Noodle, I can never rely upon you.

Day 4 - nurman lynched. I wasn't certain about nurman throughout the game and settled for his lynch, but I think this was a mistake. It removed uncertainty, and I needed all I could get.

Night 5 - a deliberate choice not to kill that night - I needed the town's uncertainty more than I needed another body. Perhaps this was a mistake, but I was convinced at the time I was right to do this. If I hadn't been blocked by Feysal, and there had been two kills, I would probably have been sunk.

My choice for day 5 was to lynch Feysal as his role-block worried me - I hadn't realised that he couldn't choose who he invited for chats, that he had to invite the maximum number, or four, whichever was less, and this made me feel vulnerable. My plan was that with Feysal dead, I hoped that Noodle would guess wrong as to who his true enemy was. Unfortunately, Feysal made it all but impossible for me to bamboozle Noodle, so I opted/settled for the Noodle lynch instead and hoped to persuade Ankeli to my cause. Bear in mind, my 75% chance of a successful NK made me have to think of daytime strategies as much as nighttime ones. Taking Feysal's bargain made me feel so dirty, though! :D

The 25% chance of a hit failure nearly sunk my team on Night 1 and I was fearful of it causing more disasters later. The uncertainty complicated an already difficult game. My luck held, though.

To the people I went head-to-head with, it's all in the game and I respect you all. To those I didn't interact much with, sorry I didn't get to know you better :evil:

Preview edit: Yes TC, google is my friend and I would have done so :D

Preview edit 2: Feysal, you played a good game, but mistakes get made in these games. I made mistakes too - mistaking Falcon's name for your's, Feysal, during a quick visit to the thread. Sometimes mistakes actually help, they make you look less in control (and maybe more town-like, if you're a Mexican drug Lord) - and sometimes they doom you.

It's the game, and no one can predict it :)

Real Edit (cos I can now): I'm guessing folks want to see fewer posting restrictions in our games. I've had my share of them myself from mild to bad, and perhaps people agree that there should be fewer bad ones in future?

Feysal (yay, vowels), I wouldn't have voted for either one of you if you'd blocked Lz (I actually wrote it like that, deserves to be left so), so we'd been in a deadlock until the dice favored Loz and you'd died at some point anyway.

I had to die by a night kill and god damn I suck for not managing that. The post restriction was too taxing on me. Had I gone into great depths in my messages no one would've translated them. Or so I thought, I think Feysal showed remarkable passion for the town throughout the game and would've propably done it no matter how lengthy my posts would've been.

A very weird game TC, but I have to admit it was the most technically fun one out of the ones we've had thus far. Thanks. :)

The only actual restrictions were for Ankeli and Marahumm. And keep in mind Marahumm was immune to lynching and Ankeli was neutral. I gave that role the posting restriction in hopes that that would make the mafia target him sooner, instead you left him alive throughout the game.
Also, Loz, once both you and Noodle were left alone, without a hitman, you had 100% NK success rate.

I'd like to give applause to my teammate Noodle on lasting so long.

We had a hitlist made out too, Bad Ash was First followed by Marahumm as the second kill. I took Noodle's advice and went after Wicked and turned up dead myself :p

Feysal indeed put a lot of passion in this game for the town and he should be congratulated for that. If I were you Ankeli, and Loz would have been blocked by Feysal, I would have threatened Loz to NK me or be lynched. And we all know Loz is a man of his word ;)

I was actually role claiming in a very stealthy manner, the youtube videos I posted were meant to hint at my role.

Ankeli, what was your role name & details. I've not seen a VI variant that wins via a NK.

Good balancing, TC. Ankeli, being restricted the way he was and without Marahumm's night ability, was not an obvious/priority target for an NK. He'd have to be lucky to win - same as for everyone else! Hmm!

Edit: I am indeed a man of my word. You should not trust my word, however. Or me, for that matter. :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High