The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

kXvljV3.jpg

Well, there it is! After a bit of a grind to finish it, Eleanor has reached her goal. Not much to report from the last quarter other than finding a +3 Enchant Ormus Robes (she found 5 total - Enchant, Thunderstorm, Fire Wall, Meteor, and the Blizzard one she wears).

Look for the full writeup coming in the next few days or so, once I get around to writing it/uploading the video of her 99 ping. :p

Thanks Kitteh and everyone else! This was fun. :)

--

Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       98.5           No         3953        460            3         298
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1594        394           11         148.5
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       96             Yes           -        367            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      95             Yes         894        316            -           -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      94             Yes           -        338           15           -
Reyz         Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
Neksja       Aura            SC      Paladin   92             Yes         250        167            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt       CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -        Dont want to know
LiquidClear  Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage  zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja       Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone    Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      84             No            -          -            -           -
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     78             No            -          -            -           -
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
MercMan      Este            SC      Ama       68             Yes          178       122            2      Classified
Vildecor     Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax   Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb   Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Kitteh       Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU          Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Jean Avila  SpeedAdict      SC      Ama        29            No            -          -            -          10
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
TwentyMule   Gaius           HC      Assn      17             Yes           1          -            -           -

The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Congrats @Pb_pal ! I am currently reading through your (as well as others) adventures from the beginning of this thread and seeing you just dinged 99 is amazing. Really looking forward to that full writeup!

What's next for you in D2?

Congrats @Pb_pal ! I am currently reading through your (as well as others) adventures from the beginning of this thread and seeing you just dinged 99 is amazing. Really looking forward to that full writeup!

What's next for you in D2?

Thanks! Probably a bit of a break, honestly. I do want to get back to my tournament characters though, especially the "Old Gods". I'll have to see though, I'm anticipating a very strange void left by the lack of leveling I now need to do, so anything is possible!

Huge congrats!

Filling the void is an easy task. Just start taking steps toward Zod God :D

Your Sorc's name always reminded me of this Beatles' classic:

Haha don't kid yourself, the Zod God tempts me. I do have 2 Zods to my name so far, and one was found by Eleanor so maybe she was destined all along to be finally converted to a Trav runner. Hmm...

Nice work. When can we expect the next 99 and what class? :cool:

Oh boy. Not for a long time, if at all. Then again, I think every time I've said that about this game I've got back on my word, so who knows. ;)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, this was a really fun challenge and I thank you all again for helping/motivating/entertaining me along the way. Now get back to running, I want to see more 99ers!

Here is her write-up thread, for future reference. Happy running, folks!

Okay people, let's get back to business as usual, nothing to see here from @Pb_pal!

Mid-week update:

Aura went back to LK, took me almost 2 hours to get a decent 6 chest map, it's a bit longer run than my previous map, but now I am hitting minimum of 4 corpses, 2 logs and a skeleton each run as well, so I'm counting each run as 1.5 runs ;) Anything to keep you going, right?

Did about 150-200 runs, one of the corpses has become my beacon of hope, since it has given me 2 Pul runes so far. But then last night, I popped Sur #4:
Wd01YUo.jpg

So close that I am starting to feel it. One more Sur (or Ber) and I can make Enigma, but finding Sur would mean cubing up those two Lo runes I found. Not too keen on that, but at this point, the rune hunting is really killing me so I'll probably just do it and hope to find replacements in CS eventually.

To prepare for Enigma, I made an upgrade on my Merc's weapon:

Code:
Insight
Cryptic Axe
RalTirTalSol
Two Hand Damage: 183 - 801
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 155
Required Dexterity: 93
Fingerprint: 0xe285071c
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Level 17 Meditation Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Cast Rate
256% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Minimum Damage
232% Bonus to Attack Rating
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
+5 to Critical Strike
All Stats +5
+2 to Mana after each Kill
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune

Found that eth 5os Cryptic Axe on Monday I think and decided that I'd roll until I get lvl17 Meditation and at least +230ed and +3 Critical Strike. I got one with 17Med, 215ed and +6 Critical Strike on 2nd roll, but kept going until I got this on my 11th roll.

Also, in anticipation of getting Enigma before I find Arachnid's Mesh, I wanted to roll some caster belts to keep my 125fcr breakpoint and this was the one I kept from 25 crafts:

Code:
Dread Lash
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 34
Durability: 10 of 14
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x12af51df
Item Level: 93
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+6 to Strength
+59 to Life
+10 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 10%
Lightning Resist +8%

Nothing too fancy, but 10fcr, high life and fhr, although the fhr is pretty much useless as I won't reach the next breakpoint with Spirit and that. Otherwise, my other finds have been pretty much limited to these two:

Code:
Trang-Oul's Guise
Bone Visage
Defense: 240
Durability: 30 of 40
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x7618e554
Item Level: 88
+25% Faster Hit Recovery
+91 Defense
Replenish Life +5
+150 to Mana
Attacker Takes Damage of 20

Fanatic Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x394c352e
Item Level: 80
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)
+14 to Life

That's my second +life Masteries skiller, the game is really telling me to try out oskill Barbarian or something :)

Again, won't update the XP table as I've gained only like 1/10 of a level, I'll update once I get to 93.

Keep running folks! Once I get my Enigma, I'm gonna hunt you all down and beat you to the buzzer (except you @NanoMist)!

@Neksja I might be on a break from this, but I'll try hard to stay in the place I'm currently am if needed ... :rolleyes:. Congrats on the finds so far. Close to Enigma indeed.

@Pb_pal I'll say it again in your write-up thread, but it deserves mentioning here as well: major congrats !!! Awesome what you did there, and in a relatively short time span. Makes me want to get back to this as well.

Last edited:
@Neksja - Nice job! Congrats on the Sur. :)

@T72on1 - Thanks! You should definitely come back, can't let Neksja declare he'll beat everyone and then allow him to follow through!

@T72on1 better get out of your comfort zone then. I'll let you know that I'll get my annual vacation days for 2017 starting from December, so I might just use all of them then and be done with this silly sprint before end of the year. And Lord Nibbler is a he, you might as well catch up on Futurama to get your facts straight instead of watching in denial while I run past you in the table.

Mulling over giving this an attempt. I've mostly only played on Ladder in the past, but as a relatively fresh singleplayer user the ability to try and take a character forward seems much more appealing, particularly if I can mule [out] my findings. At the very least it'd help to amass a good collection for future characters.

We'll see how I feel after pushing my latest character through the Old Gods tournament and with Ladder reset looming in the near future.

Good luck to all of those still attempting, it's certainly a checkbox not everyone crosses off.

@T72on1 better get out of your comfort zone then. I'll let you know that I'll get my annual vacation days for 2017 starting from December, so I might just use all of them then and be done with this silly sprint before end of the year. And Lord Nibbler is a he, you might as well catch up on Futurama to get your facts straight instead of watching in denial while I run past you in the table.

If the end of the year is the time frame you want to finish this in then ... I'm completely out of competition :). Overall I don't have that much time to play anyway, and right now I'm doing mainly D3 and in RL preparations for another 50K run. So yeah, even if I get back to D2 full time, I'll be glad to reach 98 by the end of the year, let alone 99.

I'll still try to give you good competition though ...

Good luck !!!

Este is now lvl 86, having completed the Hell Anya quest. Nothing terribly exciting to report along the way. I spent way too much time on NM Mephisto to find a Titan's but thought it would be good to have some phys damage for mana and life steal.

She is now farming LK to make an Infinity. HR's have been scarce, with only one Ohm found. Strangely enough, the Guls and Ists have been raining with three of each found.

QHkzcoP.jpg

Back to the grind.

Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       98.5           No         3953        460            3         298
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1594        394           11         148.5
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       96             Yes           -        367            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      95             Yes         894        316            -           -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      94             Yes           -        338           15           -
Reyz         Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
Neksja       Aura            SC      Paladin   92             Yes         250        167            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt       CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -        Dont want to know
LiquidClear  Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage  zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja       Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone    Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
MercMan      Este            SC      Ama       86             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      84             No            -          -            -           -
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     78             No            -          -            -           -
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0      
Vildecor     Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax   Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb   Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Kitteh       Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU          Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Jean Avila  SpeedAdict      SC      Ama        29            No            -          -            -          10
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
TwentyMule   Gaius           HC      Assn      17             Yes           1          -            -           -

The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High