The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

We leveled up to 50 on Baal runs before heading out into NM. No gear upgrades to note, but a bunch of grailers off the list at least. Eleanor now turns her attention to looking for bases for the various RWs she hopes to make soon. Almost right away into NM we found a 4-soc sword and promptly made ourselves a Spirit. She cruised to Andy, who provided us with our pick of belts, of which we obviously took Goldwrap.

Up through the Maggot lair she found a Shael, and made a Rhyme shield and Lore helm. Soon after we found a 4-soc bill and made an Insight for Jemali. Well, needless to say, things took off from here. We dropped Duriel at lvl 55, and absolutely tore through Act 3 and took out Mephisto, who had a very colourful quest drop. I think we'll take a little bit of time here and see if we can gear ourselves a bit better for NM. The suicide branch will stay in our stash for now, in case we want it for FCR breakpoints later on.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      58             No           43         39            0           -
NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4          4            0           5
Tarantella  Tarasha      HC      Sorc      40             Yes           -          -            -           -
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      26             Yes           3          3            0           4
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      18             Yes          all         0            0          Some
logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      15             Yes           0          0            0           1
Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0          0            0           N/A

I'm just recently starting up again and would very much like to participate in this tourney. It will be perfect for me since I just recently started again from scratch about a week and a half ago. Its too bad my timing was a little off because my current untwinked sorc is level 84 and has collected a decent amount of items already from the few hundred hell meph runs she has completed. No worries, I will start a new character and get the ball rolling. I used to play exclusively hc but I've decided to play sc since my return.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      58             No           43         39            0           -
NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4          4            0           5
Tarantella  Tarasha      HC      Sorc      40             Yes           -          -            -           -
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      26             Yes           3          3            0           4
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      18             Yes          all         0            0          Some
logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      15             Yes           0          0            0           1
Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0          0            0           N/A
Gambit      Colossus     SC      Pal      0               YES               0     0            0            0

This will be a looooooooooooooooong term project for me, with the limited time I have nowadays. As such, I'm going full funbuild, no mf run grinding for this project. Have fun all!

(and I took the liberty of cleaning up the table :p)

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      58             No           43         39            0           -
NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       41             No            4          4            0           5
Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      40             Yes           -          -            -           -
T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      26             Yes           3          3            0           4
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      18             Yes          all         0            0          Some
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      15             Yes           0          0            0           1
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      N/A       N/A            No            0          0            0          N/A
Gambit      Colossus        SC      Pal        0             YES           0          0            0           0 
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid      1             Yes           -          0            0           -

Thanks Tenecabo! For future reference for those who don't know, you can clean the table up in notepad before you post.

Verallus has finished act 1 has been sinking points into summons until later in normal. Upon reconsideration, it would have been more fun to go fire for the first part instead. Also, I'm not going to bother keeping track of S/U and grail because of no extended stash.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      58             No           43         39            0           -
NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       41             No            4          4            0           5
Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      40             Yes           -          -            -           -
T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      26             Yes           3          3            0           4
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     19             No           N/A        N/A           0          N/A 
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      18             Yes          all         0            0          Some
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      15             Yes           0          0            0           1
Gambit      Colossus        SC      Pal        0             YES           0          0            0           0
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid      1             Yes           -          0            0           -

I gave in and chose an amazon for this marathon, hardcore of course !
She got merrily through Act I with the most notable thing, or should I say not, being finding Arctic Furs in the Dark Woods followed by the set belt in the Barracks. The 2 pieces set bonus is 40% MF which added up to the rest put me at 88% by the time I was at Andy.
Well, it didn't impress her much and the most valuable thing she dropped was a diamond (if I could be disappointed by one in real life).
Act 2 and 3 were a bit boring, looking forward to get to 30 quickly.

Code:
Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       25             No            4          -            0           0
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     19             No           N/A        N/A           0          N/A

Hammered the tower for four dozen runs in 3 sessions whilst leveling to 49 to max Frozen orb with 2 Io runes topping the sackful of others. Got a sol on the 5th run to make insight (meditation lvl 12) which sped up the proceedings
Then found a second 4 socket broadsword to make another (32 fcr) spirit.

Tried cubing recipe for both partizans but got 3 in each. Similarly failed trying to cube an eth linked mail for the merc.
Did however gamble some Hotspurs though as I was religiously reading the stats on every rare I had to get to the 5th line before I realized that they were Hotspurs. :rolleyes: Finally replaced the Duriel dropped Gorefoots with plain blue 30frw boots.

Countess and the chests dropped the occasional jewelry giving a poor rare fcr specimen to replace the current blue and Tancred's amulet on the 46th run (stashed). Then sprinted through to dispatch Andariel for the first time.

Code:
Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      49             Yes           -          -            -           -
Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       25             No            4          -            0           0

Neverland is ready to enter NM :). Before that, Act 4 was a bit slow to my taste, but in act 5 things picked up again. Especially when she had rescued Anya, and I did what I never have done before, but read as a tip from someone else: doing /p8 Pindle runs for xp. Boy that goes fast !!! I went from level 33 to level 44 in quite a short time.

After that I did Ancients and Baal, at which point I was almost level 46. So I did one more Pindle run to get to level 46.

I didn't bother to really include mf as a stat. As a consequence, I have only found 3 set items and 1 unique. And yes, that lovely green Breast Plate is one of those 3 ... ;).

Next time I'll start in NM and will be looking for that 4os sword and Polearm. I also still need the higher runes for Insight and Spirit, but the Countess should cough these up soon enough.

Code:
Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      49             Yes           -          -            -           -
T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      46             Yes           4          4            0           6

Indeed, Pindle is a great way to level up quickly. In fact, I ran through nightmare as quickly as I could and rescued Anya by level 53. Ran Pindleskin for a quick additional 10 levels. Finished off Baal at level 67 and feeling comfortable enough to advance to hell.

I have yet to find a 4 OS polearm but the big mana boost from spirit helps.
T72on1, I too did not bother with MF as of yet - I will leave the MFing for hell. :D

Code:
NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       67             No           22         19            0           8
T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      46             Yes           4          4            0           6

Why are you five not using extended stash?
I've made it to the lost city, killed the poison bug, and found the cube. I'll update when I get more past normal.
Check out this staff! I'm cubing the staff at the moment, so I'm on my way to that crazy Arcane Sanctuary.

As promised:

Code:
NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       67             No           22         19            0           8
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      24             Yes          all         0            0          Some

Duri did not drop much. A staff with +1 Static Field did the trick for the first 8 seconds, then hitting 'f' for my Charged Bolt did the rest. The mercenary I have tanked for the most part. Duri wanted to 1v1 him because each time I got close, I got bashed 10 feet away. "Oh well. I'll just stay here," I thought to myself.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm doing it for the extra challenge as well. It adds an interesting dynamic to the game, having to think about what to keep and why.

Just a fun little add-on to an already tough challenge. :)

Ouch, that's no fun. You sure you won't try again? We would love to have you among us.

Ouch that sucks! I have to agree with T72 though, rejoin even if it's slow and steady. I know you've got tons of coursework and such but everybody needs a distraction! Besides:

So, had a NDE. Slammed my hand to hit the '1' key, where my full rejuvies are. I hear people have a keybind for SPACEBAR, that may be a good idea, although, years of using space to close all the windows... It can be done. I honestly didn't think to hit the '1' key until it was too late, as you can see, I did pop a potion, which may have given me; Have we figured out the heal per second on potions? I did go ahead and escape. I am a friend of the S&E. Pharphis runs in my blood.

The Shaman was blue before I Frost Nova'd him. Or maybe he was the green one? No, I killed that one before. Ol' Blue tried to revenge his brother, but I will kill it's master.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High