The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Eleanor the future Bilzzballer (and more distant future lightning sorc) has begun her journey.

She eased her way up to Blood Raven where she had a very nice surprise. Pretty much ideal for the first S/U, she'll sport it for now until she can make herself a leaf staff but it's nice to know she'll have some decent MF at least for when she starts farming later. She continued on, finding Stoutnail along the way, before stopping a bit at the Countess and making herself Stealth and Leaf.

The rest of the journey through A1 was uneventful and quick, and her fire made quick work of Andariel.

Things started taking off in A2, after gaining some +mana gear and making a savage polearm for Jemali. Fireball is gaining strength like crazy, so as long as we had the pots to keep up with it, we cruised through everything and offed Duriel. Act 3 suffered a similar fate, although now at the hands of Blizzard. We have enough +mana/+mpk gear to sustain it, and our beefed up warmth from our leaf staff helps keep our bulb full.

We dispatched Mephy and got ourselves a Sigon's belt, bringing our total S/U count so far to 4 (Berserker's Axe fell in the jungles).

Grail -500:rolleyes:

EDIT: is the SU column for total amount found, or just grailers? Would it make sense to have both columns? Could be interesting to see the contrast.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U    # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4       5
Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      27             No            4       -
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      12             Yes           0       1
Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0       N/A
logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      7              Yes           0       0.33
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      6        Ohh yeah mama      all      Some

Last edited:
Now that's a sweet first S/U !!! Consider it a very good sign :).

I figured the column 'S/U' is meant for grailers, but I agree that it would be fun to have both, if only to see who's very lucky and who's not ...

In the previous thread, I think it was total amount found, judging from the top numbers. But I wouldn't mind having a grailer column though, as it is a nice side quest to the 99.

You are right. But I'd think that number alone doesn't say that much, so another column with grailers would be interesting.

The other thread also has number of deaths. I wouldn't mind have that as well.

Hey great to see this started. Best of luck to all participating! This should be fun to follow :)

I was thinking of joining but I'm afraid how I would feel if I ever reached this goal.

Most of my gaming experience is from the nineties when (to me) games were dangerously immersive, and also much shorter by today's standards and every time I got to an ending I was extremely bitter about it, so in the long run I stopped finishing them altogether ahah

Decided I will alternate between this character and the Lack of Information character. Should be a good mix, since this one is getting rather fast paced (and SC) vs slow and HC.

Just got my cube and created my first Leaf. Story is the same as that of Pb_pal: now that I'm getting more mana and mpk and Fireball is getting stronger, killing is going quite fast. Found my first S/U items: Cleglaw's shield and low roll Nagelring.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   #of grailers  #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4            4            0           5
Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      27             No            4            4            0           -
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      19             Yes           2            2            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0            0            0           N/A
logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      7              Yes           0            0            0           0.33
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      6        Ohh yeah mama      all           0            0           Some

Last edited:
Done. :)

Obviously it ruined the table for the rest for now though :oops:

Edit: fixed the table for everyone for now. That's assuming no one died so far, and didn't find any non-grailer S/U.

Last edited:
Completed normal at p3 without incident though merc died a few times but not to the Ancients. Made a second Pledge with the act5 quest reward and found a few white crystal swords in the 'zone' but saved socketing reward. Made level 35 as Lister died in pursuit out in the corridors but Baal expiring to 1 point static power gave a derisory drop in response.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   #of grailers  #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4            4            0           5
Tarantella  Tarasha      HC      Sorc      35             Yes           -            -            -           -
Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      27             No            4            4            0           -
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      19             Yes           2            2            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0            0            0           N/A
logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      7              Yes           0            0            0           0.33
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      6        Ohh yeah mama      all           0            0           Some

I think I'll join this one. It is a tournament after all (kind of, I'll justify it in my head as such), and I would be done playing this game without them. I can only do HC though so we'll see how far he goes.

Battleforge the Hammerdin is born!

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U    # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4       5
Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      27             No            4       -
logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      15             Yes           0       1
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      12             Yes           0       1
Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0       N/A
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      6        Ohh yeah mama      all      Some

Cain rescued. Countess quest killed.

Double swing with Scepters is sick. 3 hard points in hork so far, a jewel and a charm to show for it (only popping champ/minion/boss/etc) but hard to expect much yet. Planning to run double swing into Frenzy then respec when I can scrounge together the gear to sing full time. Then sing/grind/mf untill 99 or something amazing drops that makes me want to play something else, whichever happens first.

Last edited:
@logoutzero You might want to copy / paste the most recent table, otherwise it's getting confusing.

Good luck with the Barb. Sounds like an interesting pick, certainly in HC !!!

Just a quick update here.

Onwards Eleanor pushed through Act 4 with ease. MF is growing now and more green and gold has begun dropping for us, and at this point they're almost certainly going to be grailers, so that's always fun.

The Hellforge gave us a Ral, Diablo gave us a grailer, and we moved into Harrogath. Act 5 was basically just a tele and blizzard fest, and Eleanor has reached Slayer status at level 40(with another grailer to boot!). We'll level here a bit before moving on to NM, but Eleanor is antsy to get moving so we won't stay long I'm sure.

Got the latest table in here and updated @logoutzero as well. Also did a touch of table cleanup too to line up columns a bit nicer and such, as well as changing the grailer column header to show what we're working towards.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4          4            0           5
Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      40             No           10         10            0           -
Tarantella  Tarasha      HC      Sorc      35             Yes           -          -            -           -
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      19             Yes           2          2            0           2
logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      15             Yes           0          0            0           1
Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0          0            0           N/A
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      6        Ohh yeah mama      all         0            0           Some

@logoutzero You might want to copy / paste the most recent table, otherwise it's getting confusing.

Good luck with the Barb. Sounds like an interesting pick, certainly in HC !!!

Slow down there, table police! I accidentally cleared a line when I "copy / paste the most recent table" but luckily we had you here to prevent that train from derailing! :D

Sorry kitteh, I haz petz for yoo. I ruined the thread! Relax, Mr. 2 months here. Everything will be gravy. Go get a dew from the bar.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4          4            0           5
Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      40             No           10         10            0           -
Tarantella  Tarasha      HC      Sorc      35             Yes           -          -            -           -
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      19             Yes           2          2            0           2
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      18             Yes          all         0            0          Some
logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      15             Yes           0          0            0           1
Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0          0            0           N/A
Well, surprisingly I've made it to act 2. I didn't think I would go this far, to be honest. Nothing notable. "No news is good news," as my Mama Lupi says. Did make a Stealth Armor out of Leather Armor. that may have been my first, as I normally use Breast Plates for that sort of thing.

Bypassing cows Tarasha entered nightmare at lvl 35 using frozen orb with a 20 fcr necro wand in main hand (+1 shiver armour, +3 fireball orb in the other), 2 plain fcr rings and stealth breastplate for damage with Pledge kite shields and a stash full of resistance charms including a nice 11 resist all and 2 fhr gcs for defense.

Had a single amn found in normal for Edge but was saving that for Spirit and gambling circlets proved cheap but fruitless.

No problems however with levelling at p1 in early act 1 with orb and a single point in cold mastery. Removed the 18mf skull cap, 24 mf gloves and 33 mf amulet for a single full area clear replacing with shop bought resistance items.

A second gamble later on finally nabbed a blue +1 sorceress skills circlet with mdr 6.

Dropped a rare headgear and later an armour (both with frost nova) to replace the mercs chipped topaz gear but had to wait till clearing the Underground passage to improve her own items where a 4 socket broadsword a 4 socket poleaxe and also Sigons shield (stashed) all dropped.

Gambled again for a rare belt and also picked up 2 white partizans on the way to the Marsh waypoint which was located 4 monster free hops away from the ladder to the tower on the other side of the river.

Paused here to make a 29 fcr spirit and then reach level 40 making a first run to clear the tower.

Code:
Tarantella  Tarasha      HC      Sorc      40             Yes           -          -            -           -
coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      18             Yes          all         0            0          Some

Slow down there, table police! I accidentally cleared a line when I "copy / paste the most recent table" but luckily we had you here to prevent that train from derailing! :D

Sorry kitteh, I haz petz for yoo. I ruined the thread! Relax, Mr. 2 months here. Everything will be gravy. Go get a dew from the bar.

I'm totally relaxed, thanks for being worried. I just wanted to help, so no need to call me a table police or overall getting ironic.

I leveled Neverland some more. Still playing on /p3. She has beaten Mephisto yesterday evening and is now level 26. No noteworthy drops.

Code:
Tarantella  Tarasha      HC      Sorc      40             Yes           -          -            -           -
T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      26             Yes           3          3            0           4

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High