The "Right before Xmas Mafia special"

Re: The "Right before Xmas Mafia special"

Looks like another is in the bag already.

Zarniwoop, with most of the attention on DoomBoy, do you feel that a guilty Noodle is somehow slipping through the net, or do you believe him to be innocent?

Vote: DoomBoy

Did any of you think of the possibility that I threw one of my own to the wolves to appear innocent? ;) You'll not know, until it's too late, if it is so.

Oh and Leo, it's not that I don't like girls, I just don't like evil girls. ;)

I always suspect noodle because he plays a dead hand every game.

My instinct, as always, is to lynch Ankeli and Zhao to get them out of the way. At least Ankeli. They are both very disruptive. But, Ankeli did start the lynch train on a mafia so I'll give him a free pass. However, I would not put it beyond him to even be mafia and to have never intended it to get that far.

But, that's unlikely as it would be a stupid play.

I think noodle and doom are likely choices. In lieu of any other reasonable leads, I think following that line of suspicion is all we have.

Since we could spend all day trying to dissect their posts and get nowhere, I say flip a coin and let fate sort it out. Barring a slip up by anyone else, there's nothing else to go on.

Re-reading today's posts and then I'll vote.

My thoughts after reading the entire thread.

1. The Ankeli watch:

I cannot stop thinking that Ankeli is following the trend of the players doing anything to avoid a village idiot win lately. He's playing recklessly as usual but it feels forced this time. I would not be surprised to find out that he started a chain reaction he couldn't stop accidentally, or that he is the SK. He also could be a power town role. But, I always think he's a great lynch, because he just makes it impossible to do anything rationally. His starting the Leopold train was pure luck. Even if he had a clue, his way of going about it was pointless and silly. I give him negative points no matter what way that went. But, as I know that enough players will foolishly give him points for his blind luck, I know I'm pissing up a rope here. But, this is the lynch I would go for given the power to do so.

2. Mafia suspicions.

DoomBoy is either stuck and not sure how to get out or he's just inexperienced in handling accusations. However, no one seems to have caught that he role claimed on page 10. Because he's new, I can't help but think of this as a new player mistake. However, he's basically asking to by lynched with his actions at this point. I wouldn't have a problem with doing him first. I won't be surprised if he's innocent.

Bad Ash said something so bizarre on day 1 that it made me sit up and blink. He said he was (paraphrasing) still focusing on the santa statements instead of following the vote on Ankeli. WTF? The only other time I heard ash say something this ridiculous he turned out to be mafia. Pop he goes on my list. When ash start grabbing at straws, there's a reason.

Also, he was one of the first to jump on the irrational (at the time) Leopold lynch because it "felt right". He even admitted it was a weird vote for him. He completely disregarded the Ankeli remarks from Noodle and just sidled by until he had someone else to vote for. Leo's reaction to ash was her downfall at this point. He gets no points for that as he had no conviction. I'm not calling Ash out, but his play so far has made me edgy. It makes me link Ash and Ankeli in my mind.

Noodle. I re-read the thread and I wanted to find something on him. But, Noodle makes no mistakes. Except the vote part. But as I didn't change my vote either, I would have to be equally suspicious at this point. If Doom Boy turns out townie, Noodle deserves a look. I guess that means me too. But, my excuse is that I never came back after my vote on Ankeli and missed the leaping on Leopold.

3. The MIA list.

Laarz, Ivan.

Hi guys, want to play a game?

AAA-YAA-YAH COCO JAMBO AAA-YAA-YAH!

Don't link me with anyone, I'm a sole party in this. I've already told you my role back yesterday, I'm the village idiot. Lynch me.

The train on Leo was not supposed to be a lynch on a mafia member, hell, it wasn't supposed to be a lynch at all, just a stupid vote without any reasoning to get you voting for ME. Which, for reasons beyond me, you did not.

Just... lynch me!

Boogy said:
Throwing a random vote at someone would seem like a relatively suspicious behavior in my agenda. A reason to ignite a vote train would be to get a vote off your own self.

Interesting … if that is how you feel, what is your take on Ankeli’s actions yesterday?

Noodle said:
My immediate reaction would be to consider DoomBoy more suspicious as well, but it's far too early in the day for me to seriously consider voting for anyone this early. How would you lean, Zhao?

Ahh, going back to the overly-cautious persona …

Since doomboy retaliated and voted for me when I didn’t even specifically point to him as my choice, I guess I have a good candidate.

Doom said:
In my opinion, that seems a little bit strange, switching over at the last minute...don't you think?

It depends on how you phrase it. I’ve seen it done before.

However you argue that the last few voters are more suspicious … given that the last 5 votes came fast near the end of the day, like I said before, any one of them could have not voted or voted for someone else to try to get the No Lynch. So I don’t agree with your argument.

Zarni said:
Zhao_Yue said:
The active voters that did not vote for Leo yesterday were:

Zarniwoop, Noodle and Doomboy.

At least one of them is mafia, can you guess which one?
Except that I voted for Ankeli.

Nice try though.

That was my point … you voted for Ankeli hence you did not vote for Leo. Thank you for agreeing with my statement.

Loz said:
Looks like another is in the bag already.

Zarniwoop, with most of the attention on DoomBoy, do you feel that a guilty Noodle is somehow slipping through the net, or do you believe him to be innocent?

You never shared with us your suspicions you said you had at the beginning of the day. Or were you just going to follow popular opinion?

AAA-YAA-YAH COCO JAMBO AAA-YAA-YAH!

Don't link me with anyone, I'm a sole party in this. I've already told you my role back yesterday, I'm the village idiot. Lynch me.

The train on Leo was not supposed to be a lynch on a mafia member, hell, it wasn't supposed to be a lynch at all, just a stupid vote without any reasoning to get you voting for ME. Which, for reasons beyond me, you did not.

Just... lynch me!

Just lynch you?

If you are the VI, then we should not do so.

But if you aren't and still want to be lynched, why? Are you a Serial Bomber type with a bomb strapped to his back? Are you itching to blow us up? :scratchin:

[...]You never shared with us your suspicions you said you had at the beginning of the day. Or were you just going to follow popular opinion?

Indeed, I have not. I won't be doing it now, either, as it is premature. There is more info that needs a chance to come to light first.

If it helps though, I believe that two more mafia have been identified and they have been active in this phase of the thread. For me, all I need is to know how many mafiosa we started with, three or four. We won't know that until we have a better idea of the host's balancing of the game e.g. power roles (on either side).

On an unrelated note, your mention of gambler's fallacy earlier on - were you being naive on purpose? Man, that's a deep game you're playing! :)

I believe that Ankeli is the Matrix's attempt to balance the equation - with Noodle on the same side of the equals sign, and a zero the other side. Or maybe a puppy. Who doesn't like puppies?

I believe that Ankeli is the Matrix's attempt to balance the equation - with Noodle on the same side of the equals sign, and a zero the other side. Or maybe a puppy. Who doesn't like puppies?

Only that this isn't The Matrix.

I'd also like to hear your suspicions. Or are you not tellin us something?

Laarz and NacRuno are suspiciously silent. Laying low is a classic mafia tactic. Unless I'm missing something, neither voted yesterday, nor have they been posting.

I noticed the same thing about those two. I've seen laarz online viewing and haven't noticed Nac around sice his posts in the first day (day zero if we're counting it like that)

If they don't post then they will likely end up modkilled considering TC's rule of atleast one post per day period.

So, mafia or not, I don't see a point in voting for them if they are inactive. If they show up and post before days end, then we shall see.

Noodle said:
Hm. There's one way to settle this - Thunder Cat, please send me a PM listing what role everyone has. I'll sort this out.

are you part of the mafia as well? we haz FIVE mafiaz? O.O

Is it me or have we been gifted some useful info here?

Only that this isn't The Matrix.

I'd also like to hear your suspicions. Or are you not tellin us something?

I'm not telling you something.

Laarz and NacRuno are suspiciously silent. Laying low is a classic mafia tactic. Unless I'm missing something, neither voted yesterday, nor have they been posting.

Agreed.
Kraveyivan has been a little unwell, I gather. Is this the reason you left him out of your list, Noodle? Or something else?

I noticed the same thing about those two. I've seen laarz online viewing and haven't noticed Nac around sice his posts in the first day (day zero if we're counting it like that)

If they don't post then they will likely end up modkilled considering TC's rule of atleast one post per day period.

So, mafia or not, I don't see a point in voting for them if they are inactive. If they show up and post before days end, then we shall see.

Gorny, if the inactives are not subsequently mod-killed, say for instance they make a single, life-saving post, do you think they are more worthy of lynching than active posters (assuming no clues as to the identity of the mafiosa)? Inactives hurt the town, after all.

NacRuno has been so nonexistant that I forgot he was even playing.

I believe he has one post in the thread?

13 player are actually playing right now? Sure doesn't feel like it.

Is it me or have we been gifted some useful info here?

I'm not telling you something.

Careful there. You're leaning towards gettin a lynch vote from me for acting like that. Hiding something, are you?

Agreed.
Kraveyivan has been a little unwell, I gather. Is this the reason you left him out of your list, Noodle? Or something else?

Maybe he's afraid that Ivan will start changing course again.

Gorny, if the inactives are not subsequently mod-killed, say for instance they make a single, life-saving post, do you think they are more worthy of lynching than active posters (assuming no clues as to the identity of the mafiosa)? Inactives hurt the town, after all.

That's a tough one to answer because it can go either way. It might be a mafia member is hiding or a townie being inactive for some reason. True, inactives do hurt the town in the longrun, but if even one inactive is scum, it's a help to the town even if the town does not know this at the time.

Nacruno might have pulled an Aman on us. (remember that game we played where me, bad ash and marahumm were mafia?, Aman was also and just sort of left us hanging.) Really bad form and I hope Nacruno isn't doing that.

Preview edit:

Zhao, I noticed that. We seem to be short a few people.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High