The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

Smips. Fire druids have kind of hard time in act 4, most monsters have relatively high life and fire resistances. And your Fissure is probably not fully synergized (if you are spending points in Armageddon) - that's why it loses effectiveness. It's the best fire spell (Fissure) and it really shines in A5 normal and NM, so don't loose faith in that skill and synergize it all the way. Fire druids have hard time in Hell, especially Hell act 4 and act 5. If only at least one fire spell (beside armageddon) was not timered...

EDIT: And I really think it's a shame wasting a good thread material in Question thread, really, questions about builds should have their own threads, you will get more responses and they can bring an interesting debate.
dto. for Iron Golem. IIRC there was a large thread in necromacer forum about Iron golem, try necromancer forum stickies, there should be a large Golem FAQ.

EDIT2: Check the Fishy's fire druid guardian. For more amusement, check the post 2 of this thread about my fire druid patriarch.

Smips. Fire druids have kind of hard time in act 4, most monsters have relatively high life and fire resistances. And your Fissure is probably not fully synergized (if you are spending points in Armageddon) - that's why it loses effectiveness. It's the best fire spell (Fissure) and it really shines in A5 normal and NM, so don't loose faith in that skill and synergize it all the way. Fire druids have hard time in Hell, especially Hell act 4 and act 5. If only at least one fire spell (beside armageddon) was not timered...

EDIT: And I really think it's a shame wasting a good thread material in Question thread, really, questions about builds should have their own threads, you will get more responses and they can bring an interesting debate.
dto. for Iron Golem. IIRC there was a large thread in necromacer forum about Iron golem, try necromancer forum stickies, there should be a large Golem FAQ.

EDIT2: Check the Fishy's fire druid guardian. For more amusement, check the post 2 of this thread about my fire druid patriarch.

Yeah, I've been using Fissure the entire time since I got it, but no, it isn't fully synergized. I have 5 points in each of the fire skills(except Armageddon because I'm level 30), Fissure has 7 (from Izual's quest), and I'm getting +5 or 6 fire skills from gear. I did that because this is my first Druid and I didn't know how all the skills worked. I mainly want to use Armageddon because I haven't seen a thread where anyone say they've used it(most seem to stop at Volcano). So, pretty much, I'm looking for a challenge I guess =P. I'll check out your Fire Druid and maybe I'll go over the guardian one again.

And about the "should have made new thread" thing...I just really hate making new threads. You are right though, i depth build questions SHOULD have their own threads...If after reading any responses here I'm still having a really hard time, I'll make a thread for it. Thanks for the insight Hrus!

Actually I really do agree with Hrus.

I don't want this thread to be the post thread and the rest of the forum die off because of it.

I was expecting this to be "anyone know the bp for fire/cold" nothing more than one line answers.

Please don't be afraid to make threads. The forum wouldn't exist if you didn't.

My resists are somewhat low because the build is seeming to be rather gear dependent(I need all the +skills I need and +mana per kill is a necessity). Would socketing a Moser's with 2 pGems be a good idea to try, or would that be a waste? I'm really at a loss for what to do right now. I've never had these kinds of problems here and I'm not a high enough level for some of the items/runewords that would be a huge help. Any suggestions would be great!

In that act resists are very important IMO. You have the Venom Lords' fire attack, you have the Burning souls' Lightning attack, you have those Worm's poison, and of course the Abyss and Oblivion Knights' missile attacks.

I'm wondering what shield are you using other than 3PD or Mosers. Mosers is probably better because it has higher chance to block and ends up with higher resistances.

You seem to have mana problems, if you use RWM, you can put an insight on an Act2 merc. In your case probably a prayer merc (combat) would be preferable.

And here I was under the impression that it was best to post here so I wouldn't overburden the forum with my useless questions. Anyhoo, I have checked out the golemguide, and it answered some of my questions, allthough it now seems it's bloody useless to up the IG itself, and that it's much wiser to up golem mastery. And that is not the impression I got from Oldsoldier in the Make no bones about it tourney.

@Merlin: I think the best of all is to max both. Upping IG increases the thorns return dmg%, which is good. The only reason not to max the golem as well is that often builds are rather minimalistic when it comes to secondary skills. In the tourney i can't find anything else to spend points on, so i'd max it (i have maxed Clay golem with golem mastery atm, 10000 hp without prebuffing-gear (i.e. in battle situations) and still have max DV and CE).

/ioman

I've got a quick question that I hope someone can answer. I'm looking for socketed items(mainly to make a Fortitude and possibly an Obedience) and I was wonder what the best way to do it was. I checked to see if it was covered in any of the SPF Faqs, but I didn't see it anywhere. I was thinking either some high level area(AT maybe?) or find racks that drop them and run those...Any advice?

I recommend p8 on your favorite high-level area. I've done AT, cows, and Baal running all to good success that way.

I got another one:

Can I make game work if I make an image from my expansion disk, and run it from hard drive?
I`ve tried, but it always says that I need to insert disk in drive.

New 1.12 patch should enable that. Otherwise image works too (you have to mount the image as virtual CD-ROM)

I did mount image, and get "no cd rom in drive" message :scratchchin:
You say 1.12 ..
Heard something bout that. Is it worth installing?

I did mount image, and get "no cd rom in drive" message :scratchchin:
You say 1.12 ..
Heard something bout that. Is it worth installing?

1.12 is sort of the official no-cd patch, just like the ones for warcraft 3 and starcraft.. not bad since it works. so does rrm/rwm (i'm using win xp btw)..

now i'm using the patch and save ~500mb from deleting the disc image from the hard drive =P

@ buraz, you can run 1.11 from an image I do that on two computers. You need the original disks. PM me for details. Another reason why 1.12 is a complete waste of time.

Question: with monsters that suffer 'collateral damage' deaths, as when you kill Shenk, Andariel, etc and nearby monsters die, how does the game handle this?

In particular, does MF/GF work, and what, if any, experience is awarded?

ATMA says no, ATMA readout:

1 : 6429 Giant Conch - {qlvl 54} The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
1 : 7243 Bramble Mitts - {qlvl 57} The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
1 : 70672 Heater - {qlvl 58} The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
1 : 70672 Shako - {qlvl 58} The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
1 : 70672 Wyrmhide Boots - {qlvl 60} The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
1 : 212016 Carnage Helm - {qlvl 60} The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}
1 : 212016 Minion Skull - {qlvl 59} The Secret Cow Level - {mlvl 64}

These are the only elite base items that can drop from a NM Hell Bovine in 1.11 according to ATMA V, no monarch there

ATMA can answer all drop queries, check out the sticky

Quick question, which would be better to use for runewords, a Colossus Voulge or and Ogre Axe? I want to make either Insight or Obedience in one of them...I know the Ogre Axe as slightly more damage and a faster attack speed, but I don't think I've ever seen anything made in one.

Quick question, which would be better to use for runewords, a Colossus Voulge or and Ogre Axe? I want to make either Insight or Obedience in one of them...I know the Ogre Axe as slightly more damage and a faster attack speed, but I don't think I've ever seen anything made in one.

Ogre Axes have a max of 3 sockets so you can't make Insight (4 runes) or Obedience (5 runes) in it so...I guess your choice is pretty easy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High