The PvP Thread

Was told I should make a profile for my characters. I cant read what's under most of the spoiler tags in the first post in the rules section.

Just post the character names and builds CDM, in the same format as the first post. List LLD separately.

The rulesets are a bit irrelevant now since we changed everything a few pages back.

Under the spoilers tags we have only several sets of rules. (does more people have problem seeing under the spoiler tags?)

So just read what's below "Dueler's Registry" if you have any doubt :)

I just wanted to be on the same page rules wise. A link to the rules post would be great in particular the LLD ones. Anyway, here're mine:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crawlingdeadman, , UTC -6
HLD
HankVenture - Paladin - Hammerdin - 1.13d

LLD
lvl 29-30

FuneralWells - 30 - Paladin - Hammerdin - 1.13d - All Around
BungalowBill - 29 - Paladin - Zealot - 1.13d - Melee

lvl 15-18
BubbaHotep - 18 - Necromancer - SpearNec - 1.13d - Caster

lvl 9-12
O-RenIshii - 9 - Assassin - TS Sin - 1.13d - Melee

My HLD Hammerdin will be a Liberator eventually, but atm, strictly Hammers. I also have a Trapper in the works, but she'll be a while in the making. Ditto the lvl 30 Bone Nec.

LMK if I missed anything.

There are links for both the LLD and Melee rules in the first post.

I'll add your chars and change the spoiler tags.

I've added the new rules to the first post, check if it's correct please.

I've also had to remove most trader profiles since they were lost with the forums' migration.

Rules seem fine. Now to make sure, recasting Bone Armor IS allowed. We played like that during PvP week.

Adding my 30 necro
Crawlingdeadman, , UTC -6
HLD
HankVenture - Paladin - Hammerdin - 1.13d

LLD
lvl 29-30

FuneralWells - 30 - Paladin - Hammerdin - 1.13d - All Around
DoctorBliss - 30 - Necromancer - BoneNec - 1.13d - All Around
BungalowBill - 29 - Paladin - Zealot - 1.13d - Melee

lvl 15-18

BubbaHotep - 18 - Necromancer - SpearNec - 1.13d - Caster

lvl 9-12
O-RenIshii - 9 - Assassin - TS Sin - 1.13d - Melee

Hello guys. How are you all doing?

I've been thinking recently about making a lvl 99 character in 1.07, forwarding it and playing pvp with it. But before I give it any more thought, I would like to know what's the general opinion about that, as it may be considered a rather cheap method. Let me know please. Thanks.

I have done it with a Paladin, but he spent 150h+ in Travincal. So it wasn't faster than going crazy in 1.13 CS.
And a necro leeched XP and ran in the Moo Moo farm up to 97 something before I decided to going all the way to 98 with him in 1.13. So he spent way more time in 1.13 and killed many monsters in both patches.

Going for 99 killing cows or leeching XP there for PvP hasn't been done yet. Some will dislike the idea, other won't care much.

I'm debating myself if I should forward a 98 sin to 1.13 or not. This assassin killed a total of zero monsters... I'll probably won't do it.
Forwarding the amazon that killed all those cows is another story :D

For me I'd say that doing that for the preferred character/build it's understandable and I'd be okay with that. Doing that for several ones would be cheesy

Situation on PvP scene is rather depressing. Only few players who actually do PvP from time from time, rest who show up for random PvP twice a year, if they show up that is. So I say, who cares is it "cheesy" or not, do it and have your PvP char ready.

I don't care about character level and where did he get that level. If I have to choose between playing against high level characters leveled in previous version versus playing weaker characters or even not playing PvP cause of lack of players, I choose first option by a mile. Go ahead, level all chars to 99 in previous versions and forward them to PvP, hopefully that will mean that we will have more players to play with on PvP. Also that challenge of playing against stronger character is just too good, compared to alternative.

The only thing I would think of it being over-the-top cheesy for would be in strictly melee duels. The margins on melee combat are so close as is, those last few hard to obtain levels would mean a lot in say a 99 vs 97 zeal duel.

Hey all,

Started reading a lot of the posts around here, both old and new, which kind of confused me a bit (also partially because I never pvp'd on SP before, and bnet ladder is more clear sometimes, due to no different versions and the likes). Mind answering there questions for me?

- Do people mix gear of older versions that is stronger than 1.13 gear with the newer gear, or do they stay strictly 1.13c+?
- I read about the ebugged weapons due to the ATMA-bug, and, using GoMule myself, wondered if people use that/if it is allowed?
- Then concerning the ethereal 1.07 weapons, do people use these for 1.10+ runewords (extra 50% max damage) in pvp here?

I myself play strictly 1.13d for now, with GoMule, so was wondering about some of this, in case I need to change my tactics to ever get on par ^^.

- Yes we use items from older versions that are stronger than the ones from 1.10+. Beta CtA, 1.07/8 Shako, 1.07/8 Arkaine's for some sorcs, 1.07/8 Valk, Beta BKWB, etc. It's something allowed by SPF rules, adds lots of playing goals and fun and it's something more we can use on our PvPers.
The Shako is probably the one that helps the most and being the "easiest" to get. Beta CtA needs luck on the roll but it can be attainable in a fast manner also if you are nagisa-like (he got it after 3 days of untwinked 1.07 and 1.10s play). Ark's and valk is also "easy" to get (just like Shako it only needs dedication to racking). The first is great for 105fcr sorceress - so it can be ignored if you don't plan one at all. Beta BKWB it's not as important IMO, SoJ is very strong. Many good game maxers charms from 1.07 can also make a bowazon very strong.

- Personally it's something I don't like but it's allowed in SPF (Here in Dristan's reply you can know why it is allowed).

- Yes. But to be frank, the extra damage is laughable all things considered (it's only 50 max ED applied to the RW ED roll, not the base). The main advantage it's really from the 1.13 eth bonus - that these weapons also get when brought forward - 50ED to min/max weapon base damage, the not needing to repair it, and the extra range for those who would use PB otherwise and are using BA. So the "problem" isn't on the 1.07 bases, it's on ATMA Bugging.

You don't really need ATMA bugging for PvP. 99% of the cases it's used for eth BA Grief and Beast in BvC or maybe Chaos Claw for Ghost. If you plan any of these builds, the ghost doesn't need it to be strong and the BvC can go for 2Hander build (which requires a BotD or crazy rare/magic tho).

Going to 1.07 and 1.10s on the other hand can be very fun and helps ofc. (but my opinion is that you don't really need a beta CtA - an average roll on it only gives 15% more life than the best 1.13 CtA - unless you like hunting the runes for it) (the Shako is easier to get and can be used in many chars and adds more life than that - the valk can be used in most the remaining chars).

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch for your elaborate answer! Started a sorc on 1.07 for the shako, and will go for BKWB and CtA after. I am planning on making a ghost as one of my pvp chars, but will skip the atma bugging, especially since I got a solid feral claw rack in 1.13 now ^^.

Hi all!

Next week I'll try to host a couple of days. If there are more players interested I can try to see what time/day is better for everyone.

I might actually host a game or 2,but only for 1.13d chars without any old version gear.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High