The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: The Noodle Compound

I'm starting to worry about you vivi, he's not real ya know! Don't fall in love with cartoons!

Don't worry, I'm very aware they're not real. It's a nice thing to watch whilst having to put on the torture devices I have to wear for medical reasons.

Oh and chances of me falling in love ever are appearantly zero - been without a bf for over 5 years now and unable to fancy anyone (no one gets hurt as no one ever fancies me to begin with :nod:)

My wife says I'm not allowed to skydive anyways :(

That's such an odd thing to forbid.
I've been in relationships and some things were naturally not done, but no one's ever said to me "don't go skydiving".

So your going to side with her? Just because she's a woman? Typical...

No, just saying it makes sense that she forbids you if you have told her you want to go skydiving. Didn't know you had told her you see.
Not saying if she's right or wrong to forbid you that.

Its okay, everyone always takes her side anyways :p

I would totally do it though! It would be sooooo awesome!

I went skydiving when I was in college. Had a choice between 30 minutes instruction and doing a tandem jump, or an eight hour class and a solo jump. I went for the solo jump. Amazing. The most fun was pulling one of the handles all the way down, which deflates half of the 'chute. 3,500 feet in the air, horizontal to the ground, spinning around in mad circles. Yeah. I told my parents I was doing it AFTER the fact.

That's awesome! I would want to go for the solo jump as well. I don't really want some guys business poking me in the back the whole time.

My parents might be more worried than my wife actually.

That's awesome! I would want to go for the solo jump as well. I don't really want some guys business poking me in the back the whole time.

My parents might be more worried than my wife actually.

There are no situations in which you want any guys business poking you in the back....

It was a neat little outfit in southern Maine. They had a grass runway, and an old barn they used as a hanger. Ten and eleven year old kids packing the 'chutes. Since I took the eight hour class, I went up for my jump as the sun was starting to set, with the surrounding forest exploding in color (it was Fall), and a hot air balloon a few thousand feet below me and about a mile off to the side. There was a dude on the ground with binoculors and a microphone, and there were speakers in my helmet so I could hear him. It's too bad I didn't have a microphone too, as I'm pretty sure I would have taught him a some new vocabulary words as I watched the perfectly good plane I had just leapt out of grow smaller and smaller. Reassuringly, there was a bumper sticker on the wing of the plane right next to the exit door saying "s*** happens!" I don't know that I'll ever do it again, but I'm glad I did it once.

The kids packing the parachutes is what would make me the most nervous :crazyeyes:

Sounds really cool though. I would want to get it on video if I ever were to do it.

And yes vivi, you've got that right!

God's Own Jukebox

Well, GOJ has been doing its random thing here at Chez Loz and threw up this beauty just now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvaKEqjdEGc

I remember a while back I was working my way through "Now That's What I Call Music Part 56", the only CD of the series I have ever listened to or owned and which I acquired completely accidentally. There are some Pgems in there, but that Jamieson track literally knocked me free of my socks. Drum, bass, tinkley piano, that's all it really takes to reduce me to jelly.

Honourable mentions on that CD go to:
Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop, a bonkers song and a barnacled madness of a video.
Superstar by Jamelia (but only cos I used to sing it to my dog, Nuphar aka Nuphiestar).
Pretty Green Eyes by Ultrabeat - cracking video :) and a song I was obsessed with for quite a time.
Mixed Up World by Sophie Ellis-Bextor, cos I like mixing up the lyrics :)
And of course
Mad World by Michael Andrews & Gary Jules - who'd have thought a cover would have been even better than the original Tears For Fears version?

Dig through that dirt and sand, B&Gs, maybe you'll find gold :)

Edit: Kudos to Noodle for going through with something I briefly considered and then sensibly bottled :)

It does have a nice beat to it, I kinda like it.

I own the first three of the now series, it's just crazy how fast they are pumping them out now.

Ugh... must've answered at least 50 phone calls at work today, if not 60. -_-

Oh snap that reminds me, I was supposed to call a friend. Meh he can wait. Been on the phone enough today! >_<

Hopefully tomorrow won't be so bad.

The ol' lady made a terrible error in judgement yesterday, and gave me a duck call. The Compound sounds like a flock of mallards has moved in and started a filibuster. I don't know what on earth she was thinking. I busted it out in the supermarket yesterday afternoon, and people were wonderfully confused.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High