The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

I have the full merry Gentry series, I find it to be a pleasant read and yes there are alot of *** scenes but it fits in with the story the way the fey and the like are described and the world she is trying to create.

I don't really like Anita going that way though, it doesn't really fit in well with the story, nor the world she created in the beginning, in the first book there is some tention and flirting going on and that was wonderfull but it should have stayed there and not gone any further then that, a little rump here and there would have been fine but it went overboard, though I still find it pleasant to read I just "skip" those parts, reading them but only paying attention to the important things and not the "gory" details.

Leo, I thought of you when I saw this, titled "Texas in the Summer."

WYyzMax.jpg

*sigh*

*facepalm*

Rednecks.... I'm betting the same person who was wearing that was also holding a bottle of Budweiser and wearing a cheap straw hat.

Don't do it, Leo! Say it ain't so, sister!! :p

It sure as **** ain't so! XD Trust me, if it was my feet, you would know it. ;) I have tattoos on my toes.

I have the full merry Gentry series, I find it to be a pleasant read and yes there are alot of *** scenes but it fits in with the story the way the fey and the like are described and the world she is trying to create.

I don't really like Anita going that way though, it doesn't really fit in well with the story, nor the world she created in the beginning, in the first book there is some tention and flirting going on and that was wonderfull but it should have stayed there and not gone any further then that, a little rump here and there would have been fine but it went overboard, though I still find it pleasant to read I just "skip" those parts, reading them but only paying attention to the important things and not the "gory" details.

I might try Merry Gentry. Yes!! I feel the exact way about Anita Blake. The whole reason I fell in love with it was because it was the 1st adult novel I came in contact with (I was 13 or 14 when I had my first book. Maybe 12) that wasn't mystery or romance. It was about my favorite subject, the supernatural. And it had death, mystery, badassness, crime, supernatural underground scene, some sex. It wasn't what it is now which I hear is mostly erotica. Hey, erotica is fine, but that's not how I met Anita. Ya know? :(

Someone actually recommended me some books to read. I just put them on a wish list so when I buy my textbooks I'll get them then. I'm most excited to read Foucalt's Pendulum by Umberto Eco and Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy.

I can't read books anymore. I get about halfway through and completely lose interest. I liked Gone Girl and What Alice Forgot - Leo, you should read that one, it's actually beautiful. The Kitchen House was quite possibly the stupidest book I've ever read in my life, and I made it about 30% through Fifty Shades of Grey, so that's telling you something, right there. I chucked Fifty Shades for Lady Chatterley but I can't even get through that ... too many atrocious asides on the evils of modernism or something.

Re: The Noodle Compound

What type of books do you read?

If you're into fantasy, may I suggest The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss? I'm reading book two atm, and it is simply amazing! :) Mind you book three haven't been released yet, so you may have to wait for that. >_>

I'm checking these out now. I love the first paragraph so I will probably like the whole book. Don't laugh, it's true. If I'm not grabbed by about page 5, bye bye. :)

Exactly Leo, Erotica is fine but thats not how Anita Blake started or was portraited in the beginning.
Same goes for me Goldtru, I read 10 pages, if I'm not into the book by then, I throw it on the to burn pile.

Trouble with not sticking with a book is ... you may end up trashing what would have been a really good read.

Case in point, The Reality Dysfunction by Peter F Hamilton. A third of the way in I was thinking, "Boilerplate sf, and not particularly imaginative. Yawn". The plot then underwent one of the wildest twists I've yet read, in terms of tone, timbre and premise, and I was on the wild ride of my life. Had I not been "put to sleep" by the first few chapters, I don't think the latter part of the book would have smacked me so hard.

A cautionary tale :nod:

That is also true Loz but I have more tales of the opposite and I would rather read a good book then trudge trough a book and then maybe a third way in find its actually a good book, cause those are few and far between.

Trouble with not sticking with a book is ... you may end up trashing what would have been a really good read.

Case in point, The Reality Dysfunction by Peter F Hamilton. A third of the way in I was thinking, "Boilerplate sf, and not particularly imaginative. Yawn". The plot then underwent one of the wildest twists I've yet read, in terms of tone, timbre and premise, and I was on the wild ride of my life. Had I not been "put to sleep" by the first few chapters, I don't think the latter part of the book would have smacked me so hard.

A cautionary tale :nod:

Would I like that book, Loz? I am looking for stuff to read.

How are you feeling? I've finally FINALLY stopped coughing every two seconds. I still want a vacation though. :(

That is also true Loz but I have more tales of the opposite and I would rather read a good book then trudge trough a book and then maybe a third way in find its actually a good book, cause those are few and far between.

Pays yer money, takes yer choice. My philosophy in books (and films) is to hope that I find myself surprised and delighted, rather than insist on a sort of timetable for thrills or interest or whatever.
People are different, they enjoy different things, I guess. :nod: For now, anyway :yes:

Would I like that book, Loz? I am looking for stuff to read.

How are you feeling? I've finally FINALLY stopped coughing every two seconds. I still want a vacation though. :(

GT I feel pretty wrecked. Fairly certain I have a sinus infection (but feels a mild one for now). The fact I'm getting on a plane in a few hours for a seven hour flight is not filling me with joy. I have started to cough and occasionally sneeze so I will be the most popular guy on the plane. Think World War Z or something.

As for The Reality Dysfunction, it's no Neal Stephenson novel but I found the trilogy to be hugely enjoyable. The changing of gears part way through the first book really dropped my jaw. I may even have said out loud, "Wait. What?".

Don't read up about it, don't research it, just see if you can survive the dry start so you can enjoy the fun later. I have no idea whether you'll like it but I think you should try it. Rollicking fun.

Poor Loz! You need some female sympathy! *strokes forehead, rubs shoulders, makes chicken soup, fluffs pillows

I have a sinus infection too, that's what has been making me so very sick, but thank goodness I didn't have to fly. Will you at least be able to rest when you get where you are going?

I'll check out that book, thanks. :)

Even better than a good night's sleep ... by my body clock, I will be at the airport, and then sitting in cattle-class on a cramped plane, and then feel refreshed for a two-hour drive home as breakfast!

What could possibly go wrong?

Why not indeed ... indeed ...

... wait. What? What turtle talk is this?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High