The Noodle Compound V. 2.0

Re: Red Alert! (Spring/Summer OT Thread)

So... I just heard of a spell in WoW called the Ritual of Doom... someone use it and give me a SS?

I thought "hey wow, a bunch of posts in the Comm OT forum", and sure enough it was all WoW talk.

It's a good game, but's a different animal then D2 - it takes gettingused to, meaning that to see what's really out there... you need to get past levels 10 & 20.

How much will that cost? Taking into consideration that finals are coming up for me.

How much will that cost? Taking into consideration that finals are coming up for me.

The games (WoW+ Expansion) themselves might cost you around $50. The next expansion (11/03/08) is 40 I think. Pricing is off Best Buy's site.

I can send you a 10 day trial too.

I would wait until after finals are over to start. There are several of us on different servers that I am sure would give you a hand.

I agree with Nolecub, in WoW anything you do takes time. And there's too much to do, even for those just starting.

It's a good game, but's a different animal then D2 - it takes gettingused to, meaning that to see what's really out there... you need to get past levels 10 & 20.
I can vouch for that... *curses the mage* :rant:

It definately requires much more time than D2; you cannot just log on and play for twenty minutes and expect to accomplish much of anything with this one.

Not true. In 20 minutes you can fly from Org to Tanaris or even Undercity to Stonard. Of course, that takes the entire 20 minutes......

Just out of curiousity...
In "WOW", when you die do you lose everything that you like have in your inventory and such or just experience...oh, and do you get teleported to some other place than where you died or just appear where you died...also (going to stop soon), *momentarily forgets what wanted to say*...*remembers after a minute*...do you have like less life when you reappear after death or have the same life? :scratch: (A bit long, just kept thinking of more stuff, not all has to be answered >_<).

The only thing you lose is time. You respwn at a spirit thingie that can either revive you on the spot (at the cost of durability on your equipment that cost moeny to repair) or you can walk back to your corpse and revive that way.

Not true. In 20 minutes you can fly from Org to Tanaris or even Undercity to Stonard. Of course, that takes the entire 20 minutes......

Darnassus to Tanaris or worse yet ...Silithus.

The only thing you lose is time. You respwn at a spirit thingie that can either revive you on the spot (at the cost of durability on your equipment that cost moeny to repair) or you can walk back to your corpse and revive that way.

So, when you say "walk back to your corpse", is there anything on your corpse or can you just totally forget about it (like, for example, if you die in an area that is really way above where you should be at that level) :scratch:?

So, when you say "walk back to your corpse", is there anything on your corpse or can you just totally forget about it (like, for example, if you die in an area that is really way above where you should be at that level) :scratch:?
It's not like D2 at all. Either you walk back to it, or you let the spirit revive you. All of the gear you are wearing is on your corpse, you cannot do anything while you are dead. When you play, it is just a single game, so logging out and back in again wont bring your corpse to your feet.

The games (WoW+ Expansion) themselves might cost you around $50. The next expansion (11/03/08) is 40 I think. Pricing is off Best Buy's site.

I can send you a 10 day trial too.
I think I can bum the install discs for both WoW and the expansion from my friend. I also have a 14 day trial from buying the StarCraft Battlechest.

Maybe I'll try it out when finals are done...?

Actually there are a few things that require you to be dead in order to do or see what you need to, certain quests and certain NPC's.

When you're dead you can't really do anything useful like Dii said, but most of the time you can just walk or float (depending on your race) back to where you died. You don't ever lose anything off of your corpse like you can in D2, but as far as letting the Spirit Healer resurrect you, this becomes more expensive goldwise as you get into higher levels. Simply because of the cost of repairing our gear. If you are wearing Epic Tiered gear, repairs will burn a hole in your pocket goldwise. This becomes even more apparent if you are in an instance and the party wipes - then wipes again, it's a 10% loss in duribility each time you die, + 25% if you let the healer rez you. If you are in a raid instance and are wiping on bosses ....ow.

And dueling...you don't actually die. You just kind of fall to the ground, the duel ends, and you start regenerating life.

This is for same faction dueling, not PvP.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High