The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

If I was scum, I would not hesitate in the smallest bit to bus my own teammate this late in the game

Firstly why wouuld it make sense for me to try and turn a lynch from Goldtru to Laarz on D4. Laarz was under zero pressure, at the time I started a train on Laarz there was pressure on Gold and on Numbers. It would make more sense for me to either bus Gold or switch the lynch to Numbers at that point in time. Secondly if I was willing to bus Laarz that bad why would I stick my neck out about Gold?

Goryani could easily have an ability where if he makes a kill he loses the ability to vote

I'd be interested to see if Goryani can vote today.

I keep tossing between Goryani and Gwaihir. This is the last character of the main characters (the three mafia flips we have are the other main characters in the wikipedia article). When I read through what is written about Vic, he could very easily be a JoAT.

• Vic Romano (Victor Wilson provides his dub voice) (named after a character from a single episode of Miami Vice) is the co-host and play-by-play commentator. In Takeshi's Castle, Vic's character is Count Takeshi himself, the main character of the show. In MXC, Vic is level-headed, has a dark past of alcohol abuse, failed marriages, and various addictions, and generally treats MXC as a serious competition. Vic was once also a professional baseball player who became addicted to "everything", including every type of drug, alcohol, and easy women. He once was an airline pilot during his stint of alcohol abuse, but states: "Luckily, nobody noticed." Notable catchphrases include "Right you are, Ken!", "Indeed!", and "Kenny!", which is usually followed by him smacking Kenny's head with a paper fan, in response to Kenny's commentary of the action. When the show was filmed in Japan, Vic's character was played by Japanese actor and movie director Takeshi Kitano.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]

Sorry about yesterday, **** happened. Was just busy all weekend.

Shout out to Cindy Pauper! Is someone impersonating your name?

Not sure I follow the question. I am Cindy Pauper, and I don't think anyone else has impersonated it.

it is Jcakes (lower case c....)

My logic is this. It is currently 1/4 to lynch scum, one more night makes it 1/3, plus we do get a little bit of information based on who dies at night and who doesn't. We also potentially get information from Goryani, though I'd take it with a grain of salt. My biggest problem at the moment is I have no idea who to vote for today, I can see reasons for voting pretty much anyone. ATM I am very tempted by Gwaihir. My reason, so far we've seen no vanilla players. We've seen a lot of people that are close to vanilla 1) Me - I have a post restriction 2) Logout (E listener) 3) Numbers - English Teacher 4) Coju Hermaphrodite Zebra that had to guess his sex for some reason 5) Noodle - had a post restriction and he sleeps on a porta porty. The only thing that Gwaihir has going for him is that he was found to be vanilla by CG.

1) I am not sure if waiting would gain us much. We get input from a confirmed townie today and there are no power roles that have night actions that are worthwhile as far as I can tell. The NK will probably just kill someone that is not mentioned as a lynch possibility today.
2) I was wondering if this would be pointed out. I can only play the role that I got assigned.

That said 2 possibilities:

1) Gory: Still confused by the result CG gave on him. CG said JOAT was the role, Gory said sink-or-swim. Gory later amends it to say that his powers are that of a JOAT, and CG does not call him on it. But why would CG not get Sink-or-swim? The only other result I remember him giving was on me (vanilla) - I don't remember if he gave exact wording on Drixx. Since I answered your question Gory, could you give us a rundown of your actions again?

2) Jcakes: I can definitely see him taking a play from phar and doing a hard bus on Laarz and then trying to leverage that into a mislynch on Numbers. Also as Gory pointed out, said he was willing to follow the people he said were town, which feels like a mafia move to me. So far today probably my top choice for a lynch.

Since I answered your question Gory, could you give us a rundown of your actions again?

N1 - Used Sink or Swim. Failed. Voteless D2 as a reward.
N2 - Used Sink or Swim. Success. Received 1x doc save at D3 start as a reward.
N3 - Used Sink or Swim. Success. Received 1x cop investigation at D4 start as a reward. Used doc save on myself.
N4 - Did not use Sink or Swim. Used cop investigation on Goldtrue. Day story said Drixx was targeted instead. Townie.
N5 - Did not use Sink or Swim.
N6 - Used Sink or Swim. Success. Received 1x Blurt Out at D7 start as a reward.
N7 - Used Blurt Out. Blurt Out let's me ask a question in my QT. A yes/no question. The mods provide me with an answer. There are restrictions, with the net effect being that I can't ask something so blatant as "Is Gwaihir anti-town?" I asked: "Is Cindy Pauper a fake role name?" I received an answer of no. I see no conflicts with Gwaihir's early name claim and his answer today.

2) Jcakes: I can definitely see him taking a play from phar and doing a hard bus on Laarz and then trying to leverage that into a mislynch on Numbers. Also as Gory pointed out, said he was willing to follow the people he said were town, which feels like a mafia move to me. So far today probably my top choice for a lynch.

Sigh .... I am getting pretty frustrated about this game. I can't prove anything one way or another about my role, except for the fact that I've mad two Micheal Jackson references every day phase so far. The only other thing I can say is that this talk about the Laarz train being a bus makes no sense at all. It would make sense if I was the locking vote or if I was somewhere in the train, but starting a train on Laarz makes no sense from a mafia perspective. The reason it makes no sense is at the point when I made the vote on Laarz, Goldtru was under significant pressure as was Numbers. Busing Gold would make more sense at that point in time as would trying for a lynch on Numbers, but starting a train on Laarz makes little to no sense. At the time I made my vote on Laarz, Gold had two votes (one from numbers, one from Goryani out of a possible five) and CG had said he would be willing to vote for her as well. In this scenario it would make much more sense for me to just vote for Gold and hope that Laarz as a more experience player can survive. Also if I was willing to bus Laarz that hard, I would have done exactly the same for Gold rather than stick my neck out. I've posted all the relevant quotes below from that day phase. This is the last time I am going to post anything about Laarz and my reasoning, my next post is going to outline who I think is scum and why.

Goldtru (4): Caluin Graye, Goryani, Numbers, Gwaihir

So, this is my current thought process. 5 votes to lynch goldtru yesterday. I know I'm town. I'm very certain that at least one of those 3 who voted goldtru with me are also town. Given a miniimum of 3 scum left, that means a town goldtru should have been lynched yesterday 100% of the time. Since goldtru wasn't lynched, she must be scum.

Vote: Goldtru

The other alternative is that goldtru is town, and Goryani, Gwaihir, and CG are all that remains of the scum team.

Lylo/Mylo: If goldtru flips town, then tomorrow is lylo, because a town goldtru and a 4 person mafia team remaining would have ensured her lynch yesterday. If she flips scum, then obviously we're better off than otherwise. In addition, if she flips town, we've likely outed the rest of the mafia team. i think a goldtru lynch today tells us the most and doesn't risk losing the game.

I know you didn't target him, but it appears he lightning rodded everyone onto himself and thus you did target him. I am not sure why you are not getting this?

Vote: Laarz

Vote: Numbers

I'm still tossing back and forth between Goldtru and Numbers, but I think I was mistaken yesterday. I keep coming back to Lightning's strange behaviour and sudden mod-kill. I don't think the English Teacher is a real role. And I have to agree with Bad Ash; an early vote on Goldtru seems opportunistic.

Vote: Goldtru

I think it was a good choice yesterday and I still think so.

Actually it could. If Laarz had specifically targeted Drixx then the lightning rod would not have gone ahead, however as he was redirected onto Drixx then it can't change Drixx's targets. Similar to if a Bus driver redirects a role block onto himself, the role block won't go ahead.

Gold. I don't know what to think of her alignment, but she is not really playing the game at all and I think some info from her lynch would be good.

Possibly, I don't really know. I have not been told what the punishment is if I don't follow my post restriction.

alternatively it could be a play by mafia to try and lynch a person who is not really playing the game (possibly because she is new and doesn't know what it is going on). I personally think we should lynch one of the four people that were caught targeting a dead person last night. We have atleast a 25% chance of lynching scum that way (if not higher as it is entirely possible that scum have a power role). I am personally tossing up between you and Laarz. Laarz because his role sounds somewhat similar to a roleblock and you because I've got no idea what on earth your role does .....

Oh and for post restriction (and at BPC request) *thrill me baby*

Caluin Graye
Goryani
Laarz
Numbers

These are the four people that visited Drixx last night. Atleast one of them has to be mafia. I tend to believe Goryani and CG, which leaves me with a choice of numbers or Laarz. As strange as Numbers role is, I would not put it past either BPC or pharphis to include that role. I also don't really think that numbers would have come up with English teacher as a fake claim.

So for those reasons I am going to keep my vote on Laarz. I feel that his replay ability is definitely a possible ability, but the fact that he didn't come out with it until a day later and he has not given us a list of targets leads me to suspect he is scum. It is also a much more useful ability for scum than it is for town kind of like a pseudo roleblock and it would also fit with an event staff.

I've set my alarm this time, so fingers crossed I'll be here for days end. I could be convinced to vote for Goldtru. I am also very concerned with Coju his roleclaim is very very odd.

My gut feeling is that Goryani is scum.

Numbers: I don't think Numbers would come up with the English teacher role and I can imagined BPC / Pharphis coming up with that role.

Gwaihir is confirmed to be who he says he is by Gwaihir so regardeless of Goryani's alignment Gwaihir is clear

Reasons against Goryani

1. Goryani visited Drixx
2. Goryani play today is exactly how I imagine him playing in this situation, he made a post about Gwaihir and waited for him to respond, I think with the intention of claiming that Gwaihir is scum (due to the mislynch on him). I got a little bit of heat (mostly from BA) and he decided to instead of claim Gwai as scum to confirm him as who he says he is and thus make me the obvious lynch
3. Goryani has been coasting most of this game, 3rd ish vote on almost all the trains.
4. Finally we are in the late stages of the game and Goryani a strong player and a claimed power role (backed up by CG) is still alive.

Vote: Goryani

Vote: Gwaihir

Interesting why Gwaihir? Unless we have two scum (which we can't because then it would be game over) then it seems he cannot be scum. Goryani claims a result of Gwaihir being who he says he is so regardless of Goryani's affiliation Gwaihir must be town. Is there something I am missing?

@BPC "I want you back" because of "the way you make me feel" so "don't stop until you get enough" "you rock my world"

Interesting why Gwaihir? Unless we have two scum (which we can't because then it would be game over) then it seems he cannot be scum. Goryani claims a result of Gwaihir being who he says he is so regardless of Goryani's affiliation Gwaihir must be town. Is there something I am missing?

Nothing Goryani says actually clears Gwaihir. He asked "Is Cindy Pauper a fake role name?" and the mods answer was no. Assuming he is town and not lying, that response just means that Cindy Pauper exists in the game. Gwaihir could very have claimed someone elses name, while still remaining a vanilla thug.

I could also see scum goryani pretending to clear someone who's town, in order to make it easier to get a consensus on voting for another member of the town.

The roles are so ridiculous how can you use them as town vs not?

I am genuinely not trying to confuse the town and influence with my posts but I could 100% see how that would be happening. FWIW I'd be flip flopping to vote gory today.

Nothing Goryani says actually clears Gwaihir. He asked "Is Cindy Pauper a fake role name?" and the mods answer was no. Assuming he is town and not lying, that response just means that Cindy Pauper exists in the game. Gwaihir could very have claimed someone elses name, while still remaining a vanilla thug.

I could also see scum goryani pretending to clear someone who's town, in order to make it easier to get a consensus on voting for another member of the town.

1) shout out to Cindy Pauper! Is someone impersonating your name? was the question I believe and you are right that only clears Gwaihir of using the name of someone that is dead.

2)I believe that Goryani is scum and is pretending to clear Gwaihir to go after me instead.

There were two questions. He was able to ask the mods one and receive an honest answer I assume, and the second question was directed at gwaihir to see if he was lying. I feel you might be right about goryani's scumminess however jcakes, simply because the question he asked both the mods and gwai don't actually prove accomplish anything.

*prove or accomplish*

To expand on that: The evidence offered is weak enough that by itself it wouldn't clear gwaihir, but it wouldn't make it obvious what goryani is trying to accomplish. Here's the main problem I have with this: Goryani is JOAT. That we know 100%. Have we seen any abilities out of the scum that are mafia JOAT like? He could have had a role cop rather than an alignment cop for his second ability, but what was the first? Activated lynch immunity wouldn't be out of the question either.

*prove or accomplish*

To expand on that: The evidence offered is weak enough that by itself it wouldn't clear gwaihir, but it wouldn't make it obvious what goryani is trying to accomplish. Here's the main problem I have with this: Goryani is JOAT. That we know 100%. Have we seen any abilities out of the scum that are mafia JOAT like? He could have had a role cop rather than an alignment cop for his second ability, but what was the first? Activated lynch immunity wouldn't be out of the question either.

How do you know this 100%? He's claimed to have used sink or swim almost every single night. How is that a 100% JOAT? (honest question)

And activated lynch immunity? Now you are just fear mongering. How would he have activated a lynch immunity?

How do you know this 100%? He's claimed to have used sink or swim almost every single night. How is that a 100% JOAT? (honest question)

And activated lynch immunity? Now you are just fear mongering. How would he have activated a lynch immunity?

CG cleared him as JOAT, and cg was nk'd, so cg is town and wasn't lying, so Goryani is 100% JOAT, we just don't know alignment.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High