The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

I'm disgusted by how few people have made it over the wall and how disgusting they are afterwards. Come on, dudes! Let's get those butts up and over, right? What is this, a princess party? ;)

Well I'll bring my sledgehammer and flatten the wall then we can just walk over the rubble and voila we are over the wall!

From my personal knowledge I can say this is a terrible idea in this game. Without sounding like I'm rolefishing (probably impossible) I'd love to hear how you think revealing names can glean information or even make the mafia think?

It's not so much about being able to glean information immediately, it's about denying mafia the opportunity to get a free name claim. As an example, I die tonight, nobody knows what my name is except now mafia does. They get an easy way to claim if one of their name/abilities sound shady. However, if we all claim a name then it prevents them that easy opportunity. That's really all I am suggesting. It's not so much about finding out a power role or anything like that, it's more of just an idea to prevent them from gaining a freebie when they don't really need it. That's all I'm suggesting here.

If it's that bad an idea, I'm totally fine with it not happening, it's more of a matter of curiosity to me.

Anyway... off to work, back in about 12 hours!

Vote: noodle

No need for town to be so apologetic. Plus, I want over the wall.

Ps: how to bold in Tapatalk? Lol, will have to navigate there late, busy now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Well done, you sound completely scummy to me in your first serious post. Which for you means you are more likely to be town.

...ok

This. I have not been on pyros team like the last 4 games, and I am town, so he must not be.

Vote: Pyrotechnician

So who would you recommend claim? How would you recommend they claim?

Did Laarz even post? I am so confused. I thought this might be triggered by something being posted, but maybe it is just storytelling mechanic?

Just because you're standing there in:point: your thong, you so sexy, you could try reading the game to find my posts:nod:, just start at the start.

Well, everybody? If early kills give mafia the chance to hide behind a name/role that doesn't belong to them, then by not claiming at least a name doesn't that just give an opportunity to them that they shouldn't have? I'm all for doing it the way we've been doing it which is a drawn out affair a few days down the road, but it just strikes me as odd that town would give them more opportunities to hide than they really should have.

The problem is that mafia have more info than we do. I can't tell anything important from my name, but that does not mean that mafia doesn't have some info that helps them. As for roles, giving them out now gives mafia people they can more easily target. A cop does us no good if he dies before giving any results.

I'm disgusted by how few people have made it over the wall and how disgusting they are afterwards. Come on, dudes! Let's get those butts up and over, right? What is this, a princess party? ;)

Are rocket boosters allowed to help get over the wall? If so, I am using one.

Just because you're standing there in:point: your thong, you so sexy, you could try reading the game to find my posts:nod:, just start at the start.

Apparently I missed some. You know how hard it is to be smart and sexy at the same time?

Well, everybody? If early kills give mafia the chance to hide behind a name/role that doesn't belong to them, then by not claiming at least a name doesn't that just give an opportunity to them that they shouldn't have? I'm all for doing it the way we've been doing it which is a drawn out affair a few days down the road, but it just strikes me as odd that town would give them more opportunities to hide than they really should have.

Am I missing some fundamental aspect here? Idk... must be a reason, I just don't have enough history of the game to see it play out poorly if it was tried before. Was just thinking that anything that makes mafia have to think sooner than they'd like would possibly be an advantage to jump on, but we don't in the games I've played so far and have been wondering why.

Most of our games are themed and based upon some pop culture book or game or some such, and giving names can reveal a lot about a person. For example in our last game, Noodle's name was apparently a character similar to Rosemary's Baby (apparently the devil as a child essentially) which caused basically everyone to assume that he was lying and had to be lynched twice.

Last game the mafia team all had obvious bad guy names (I believe I was Imhotep) and the town had a namecop (Sathoris) who could have contradicted a later fake claim after gathering names.

In other words, there are usually strong reasons for all parties not to want to name claim day one, even though it means the mafia gain some name camouflage.

Just nipping the post restriction in the bud

I was actually thinking he had a post restriction. The three posts you quoted were pretty early ... is there perhaps something that triggered his need to say "sorry" in every post afterward, because he has pretty consistently done it for quite a number of posts now. It seems odd for Noodle to fake a post restriction, and if it's not actually a post restriction why is he drawing attention to himself?

Speaking of which ... why is Noodle posting so frequently? Noodle ... who are you and what have you done with our favorite beloved lurky limp pasta product?

It's not so much about being able to glean information immediately, it's about denying mafia the opportunity to get a free name claim. As an example, I die tonight, nobody knows what my name is except now mafia does. They get an easy way to claim if one of their name/abilities sound shady. However, if we all claim a name then it prevents them that easy opportunity. That's really all I am suggesting. It's not so much about finding out a power role or anything like that, it's more of just an idea to prevent them from gaining a freebie when they don't really need it. That's all I'm suggesting here.

If it's that bad an idea, I'm totally fine with it not happening, it's more of a matter of curiosity to me.

Anyway... off to work, back in about 12 hours!

I explained earlier ... but I also wanted to point out that this game doesn't seem like the sort of game where names are going to mean anything.

Yet another contender has made it over the wall.

Let's see what he has to say about it:

"Well I...uhh...just kinda, like you know, climbed the wall..."

Great story and congratulations, Laarz!

Vote Count:
Noodle (0): (Bad Ash)
Bad Ash (0): (Drixx)
Drixx (3): Laarz, Moar, Goldtru
Logoutzero (1): Numbers
Moar (2): Drixx, logoutzero
Pyrotechnician (1): Jcakes
Coju (1): Goryani
Zokar (1): Bad Ash

Where are my votes against BiPolarFeminist and Pharph his face? *tapfoot*

Well done, you sound completely scummy to me in your first serious post. Which for you means you are more likely to be town.

You seem to have me figured out.

This. I have not been on pyros team like the last 4 games, and I am town, so he must not be.

Vote: Pyrotechnician

Am I allowed to say gambler's fallacy?

image34.jpg

Stuff your sorries in a sack mister! Why are you so sorry? Don't say sorry about being sorry or you'll be sorry.

From my personal knowledge I can say this is a terrible idea in this game. Without sounding like I'm rolefishing (probably impossible) I'd love to hear how you think revealing names can glean information or even make the mafia think?

Yes because I unvoted you. Which I am already regretting.

Just nipping the post restriction in the bud

All I have to say is Noodle is sorry, .............apparently.

For the record, I rarely have any idea...I think I was tased as a baby. It gave me super powers.

The ability to remain clueless in the face of the overwhelmingly obvious.

Apparently I am failing to adequately communicate my sorrow, for which I am deeply and truly sorry.

My D1 joke vote will, after last game, forever be on Drixx. I tried to get him lynched for days. He was scum. I am annoyed that he escaped. I do not forget easily.

I'm against name claims D1. It does help the mafia as much to know who they CAN'T claim. Imagine a scum group sitting there with 3-4 members and one or two names to safely claim. Wouldn't it be great to know who they have to avoid as a name?
I don't think it matters this game as there seems to be about 4 characters listed in the wiki. I've never seen that thingy, so I don't really know if there's more to it. The wiki article was very short though.

I refuse to try to claim over a wall with baby oil. I will just hurt myself and I don't like that. I'll rather sit in the deck chair and enjoy the sun and view of you running the wall down. My looks will have to do the work. I'm sure they will.

Unvote: Drixx

Vote: noodle

No need for town to be so apologetic. Plus, I want over the wall.

Ps: how to bold in Tapatalk? Lol, will have to navigate there late, busy now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It's annoyingly fiddly, but you have to type out [ b ] at the beginning (no spaces) and [ / b ] (again no spaces) at the end.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High