The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

Pharphis and BPC have made it through the doors, shirts unscathed

If you're part of the staff, then why are you participating in the games?

I don't expect an answer to that. We still don't know if the events are at all meaningful, or just flavour.

I'm part of the Meat Industry.

Thanks for answering. Also, our hosts participated in today's event, but not yesterdays,
and
I cleared the wall yesterday (without roleplaying about the wall) and did not make it through the doors today. (And now that I said that, que BPC to come in and make me interact with today's doors.... That will solve all my problems :$)

But thanks for answering!

Has anyone else noticed a marked shift in Goryani's "mood" within the last few posts? His responses to my results post were luke-warm at first, and now suddenly, he's in the trenches, explaining my results and generally acting like he is on board now. Please go back and look at his posts. Is it just me?

Goryani, and rebuke/response? Not that you have to, or anything, I just am sensing a marked shift in gears with you...

That should read "Goryani, *any* rebuke/response?" sorry.

((And I still almost edited that post. Phew!))

If I may ask, logoutzero...why would you choose to make it so obvious that you have a role that's a threat to mafia? Given the lack of evidence against anyone, any reason why you chose to make yourself a target in order to bring this to our attention?

If you can't tell I am scanning old posts which is rare even for me. This stood out to me because logout is new. I clearly remember a lovely Leo being an insane cop and blowing her cover Day 1 for her guilty read. That didn't end well haha. But again, logout made it very clear that his posts are very well thought out...

Has anyone else noticed a marked shift in Goryani's "mood" within the last few posts? His responses to my results post were luke-warm at first, and now suddenly, he's in the trenches, explaining my results and generally acting like he is on board now. Please go back and look at his posts. Is it just me?

Goryani, and rebuke/response? Not that you have to, or anything, I just am sensing a marked shift in gears with you...

I can easily spin this post as mafia having day talk.

Y'all can excuse my posts if you want as I am building up scum points for both log and frank at the same time. I have no idea why I am doing this.

@ BA:

Are you being sarcastic? "logout made it very clear that his posts are very well thought out..." What are you saying? Do you have a problem with me, something I said, my claim, my role, my character name, anything associated with me, or any combination of these things?

I can easily spin this post as mafia having day talk.

Y'all can excuse my posts if you want as I am building up scum points for both log and frank at the same time. I have no idea why I am doing this.

Underlined: This is what I am currently thinking. Are you saying *I* was involved in day talk, or that Gory was?

If he really is a listener, it seems difficult to believe the post he quoted to us is actual mafia communication in plain speak. I could buy it being obfuscated in some way. For example, when I was first mafia I posted a re-ordered list of the players and assigned them all a number, and referred to them by those numbers. Without having my re-ordered list, my posts made no sense and so a listener getting them would have gibberish.

A common way to get around outing an actual identification is to use an alignment shifted list. So saying "thefranklin" could actually be referring to someone 5 spaces above on a circular list and all the mafia know who is really being referred to with the added benefit that if there's a listener they inadvertently out a townie as scum.

There's a whole host of reasons not to just go gung ho but apparently enough people have decided that today is gonna be about Logoutzero or Thefranklin and to me I'm not sure that lynching either of them will tell us anything about the other.

What do you think we should do then?
@Drixx:

I didn't make a power role claim, because honestly, I don't know any power roles. I know there is a doctor, and a cop, but those are the only two I know. Plus, I didn't feel the need to defend myself against <half the votes needed to lynch/lock. "Majority rules" afterall, not "<25% of players involved." I felt that, had I started making claims or trying to turn people away from lynching me that early on D1, it would have been viewed as me being scum for certain. That might just be my noobness as well. But does it at least make sense?

Umm why would you claim doctor or cop? What drixx was referring to is claiming your actual ability.

I'm part of the Meat Industry.

I guess that means we are in this together. My character apparently pounds meat for a living. I wonder if there is any significance behind our teams.

@ BA:

Are you being sarcastic? "logout made it very clear that his posts are very well thought out..." What are you saying? Do you have a problem with me, something I said, my claim, my role, my character name, anything associated with me, or any combination of these things?

I was not being sarcastic, nor was it a personal attack against you. It was a quote that you said in post 151. It is highlighting that fact that this entire thing could be a ruse as you made it clear you know the strategy behind this game and your posts are all very well thought out. That stood out to me as many of my posts are NOT well thought out.

If you notice, my vote is currently on franklin so it is merely an observation. The same post has you kind of threatening thefranklin on day 1 as well which makes this whole thing even more suspicious.

But, nothing in mafia is personal. I am just quoting and explaining my opinion from what I read, and do not mean any harm in what I am saying in the real world.

Underlined: This is what I am currently thinking. Are you saying *I* was involved in day talk, or that Gory was?

Both. I can easily see a situation where the mafia have day talk and you and gory being in cahoots and gory saying "oh geez, I've supported you too much, quick make a post to distance ourselves a little bit"

Do I believe that to be the case? Not necessarily, again, it is just an observation.

Jcakes: For some reason, when asked why I didn't make a claim D1, I read "Why didn't you make a false claim D1, to protect yourself. Error on my part, for whatever reason "claim" has a negative connotation to me. IE, if someone claims a role that is actually theirs, it isn't a claim, but a declaration.

But, I understand the fault in that, because nobody but the player knows if it's actually true.

That's why they call them connotations I guess.

I was not being sarcastic, nor was it a personal attack against you.[SUP]1[/SUP] It was a quote that you said in post 151. It is highlighting that fact that this entire thing could be a ruse as you made it clear you know the strategy behind this game and your posts are all very well thought out.[SUP]2[/SUP] That stood out to me as many of my posts are NOT well thought out.[SUP]3[/SUP]

If you notice, my vote is currently on franklin so it is merely an observation. The same post has you kind of threatening thefranklin on day 1 as well which makes this whole thing even more suspicious.

But, nothing in mafia is personal.[SUP]1[/SUP] I am just quoting and explaining my opinion from what I read, and do not mean any harm in what I am saying in the real world.

Both. I can easily see a situation where the mafia have day talk and you and gory being in cahoots and gory saying "oh geez, I've supported you too much, quick make a post to distance ourselves a little bit"

Do I believe that to be the case? Not necessarily, again, it is just an observation.

1. No personal offense taken. Glad we can have a civil conversation.
2. I do take time to plan out my posts, but, as I said in a previous post (later than post 151, previous to this post) about "who-done-its" and murder mystery things, I understand the strategies involved. And the whole WIFOM thing. I get that someone can say they are town, and that could be several different things, I grasp that. That's what I meant by, "I understand the strategy behind this game" or whatever I said.
3. Are you feeling like I said "My posts are very well thought out and nobody else's are."? I assure you, this is not what I meant.

So you don't believe it to be the case that both Gory and myself are mafia, and in cahoots? I think you misunderstood me. In the posts that Gory made shortly after I posted my results, he didn't seem very phased. Yes, he was involved in the conversations, but usually focused in on some smaller point. Then, maybe within the last 30 or so posts (totally guessing on that number) he is suddenly strongly defending my claim, and seems to have sided with me suddenly, when at first, he was quite reserved.

The hosts are going to sleep now. Don't get into any trouble while we're gone!

That claim by logoutzero was interesting. That is a turn and a twist that'll make my vote change.

Vote: logoutzero

I also have a comment on the post logoutzero claims to have gotten. Just have to find it again...

I have it on good authority that:

"thefranklin will assassinate anyone that contains letters P, N, S, or I in their forum name during tonight's phase."

He claims this is from last night's mafia chat. Which means "tonight's phase" would have been last night's phase. Can't see anyone with those letters in their name died last night. Not even any one.

I'm not sure I'll be home in time for Day's end. Going our for dinner in a couple of hours and might be a few beers afterwards if the company is good.

Logout is the event staff? Wouldnt old kenny blankenship, vic, captain t- something, and guy ledouch the most likely mafia?

High five for anyone on my team beating meat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thinking outside the box: what if the letters were character name in mxc?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High