The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

If Logoutzero is a listener, I don't believe he was ever useful to the town. The quoted post just doesn't make sense as something mafia would say in their QT, so therefore if Logout is actually a listener and that quote he gave us is legit, the mafia are already obfuscating their QT in order to dodge a listener outing them.

I will grant that there is a very slim possibility that the post is actually a mafia talking about "thefranklin" (also a mafia) going to do some killing based upon some prior bit of conversation and the context is just so odd that the post we got makes no sense. But I wouldn't want to bet anything of any value on that being the case.

Two points.

1) If scum is deliberately throwing in things to throw off a listener, then that would mean that both thefranklin and logoutzero are town, so we shouldn't be talking about lynching either of them.

2) I have reason to believe that role names(and the letters in them) can be significant in this game, and it's entirely possible that whoever made that statement in the mafia QT meant role names, and not forum names.

Neither of those considerations clear anyone as town, but they make me view the quote as more likely to be true than not. Again that doesn't mean we should lynch thefranklin, other than lacking other options that will give us more information.

Why wouldn't mafia say that? There is plenty of talk of, "What exactly does x person's ability do again?" and people replying exactly what was said...
If he was never useful to town, why? Why isn't a listener beneficial to town? That makes no sense to me. A PR is a PR in my book. Even if all it does is pass out chocolates that mute people for half a day or something.

If he really is a listener, it seems difficult to believe the post he quoted to us is actual mafia communication in plain speak. I could buy it being obfuscated in some way. For example, when I was first mafia I posted a re-ordered list of the players and assigned them all a number, and referred to them by those numbers. Without having my re-ordered list, my posts made no sense and so a listener getting them would have gibberish.

A common way to get around outing an actual identification is to use an alignment shifted list. So saying "thefranklin" could actually be referring to someone 5 spaces above on a circular list and all the mafia know who is really being referred to with the added benefit that if there's a listener they inadvertently out a townie as scum.

There's a whole host of reasons not to just go gung ho but apparently enough people have decided that today is gonna be about Logoutzero or Thefranklin and to me I'm not sure that lynching either of them will tell us anything about the other.

If he really is a listener, it seems difficult to believe the post he quoted to us is actual mafia communication in plain speak. I could buy it being obfuscated in some way. For example, when I was first mafia I posted a re-ordered list of the players and assigned them all a number, and referred to them by those numbers. Without having my re-ordered list, my posts made no sense and so a listener getting them would have gibberish.

A common way to get around outing an actual identification is to use an alignment shifted list. So saying "thefranklin" could actually be referring to someone 5 spaces above on a circular list and all the mafia know who is really being referred to with the added benefit that if there's a listener they inadvertently out a townie as scum.

There's a whole host of reasons not to just go gung ho but apparently enough people have decided that today is gonna be about Logoutzero or Thefranklin and to me I'm not sure that lynching either of them will tell us anything about the other.

Agreed. If not one of them, who do you think we could lynch that would give us some information?

Hmm, that makes sense and is really smart.

It's not obvious to me.

I never thought logoutzero said you could kill 10 random people. There is a reason the phrase "anyone and everyone" uses both anyone and everyone. Anyone may be lynched tonight. Anyone can place a vote for anyone. Anyone can see that anyone need not be spelled as "any one."

"thefranklin will assassinate [someone] during tonight's phase." Not last night. Not at some point in the future. Not potentially. Will. Tonight. You had no response to that. I can't fathom any scenario a townie (even townie vigilante with that or similar ability) doesn't speak up to set the record straight.

What you did do was kinda sorta imply logoutzero might be a village idiot without coming out and directly calling him that. You also called logoutzero a rolefisher (and implied he's mafia) because you think he fished Bad Ash and Numbers to see if they were cops.

Despite what you did say, it's like you were afraid to directly challenge any aspect of logoutzero's claim. Which means it's probably true.

Vote: thefranklin

preview edit:
I think something big happened. Involving fluids. Can't wait!

Finally, someone on the same page as me about my listen results. You seem to understand my thoughts very well.

(...)@Logout: Which team are you on, then?

Town.

Lol, play the lottery much? What happens when I do indeed come up town? You can cross off Logout role-copping me last night, unless of course he did and that is why he made up his story.

Why do you insist that I made this up? It's simply a result from an automatic hearing power. Even if you aren't any sort of killer, it doesn't change the fact that this post was made at some point in the QT thread. Unless you are saying you know for a fact it did not, in which case you have previously lied about not having anyone to talk to during the night. Which means that you are indeed aligned with the mafia. So which is it? You "claim" that I made this up, or you "know" I did?

(...)Yes. I was wondering if you had made the infamous "why didn't I receive my infoz" post before or after you received the infoz. Since you said you wanted an alibi, I wondered what exactly you wanted an alibi for. It looks like you received the listener info BEFORE you made post 233? Is that correct?

I made the "where's my infoz" post BEFORE I knew the results of my listen. I did not know whether I would get them via PM, or QT. I had checked both, then came here to post my "infoz" post. The next time I checked my QT, my results were there.

@Logout: After you answer Caluin Graye, I have a question for you also.

Yesterday, when it looked like you might be headed for a lynch, why didn't you make a town power role claim? We almost always lynch day 1 here and honestly it was very strange that you didn't get lynched yesterday. Add yesterday's scumminess, your lack of any claim yesterday to save yourself, the fact that a group that almost always lynches d1 didn't, and then today's all over the place posts, and you might understand why we're suspicious.

@Caluin: Oh, crap!

My team is "MXC Event Staff" but, now I would like it if you told me what team you are on?

@Drixx:

I didn't make a power role claim, because honestly, I don't know any power roles. I know there is a doctor, and a cop, but those are the only two I know. Plus, I didn't feel the need to defend myself against <half the votes needed to lynch/lock. "Majority rules" afterall, not "<25% of players involved." I felt that, had I started making claims or trying to turn people away from lynching me that early on D1, it would have been viewed as me being scum for certain. That might just be my noobness as well. But does it at least make sense?

Also, I have no idea what is typical for mafia here, I have not even opened a single previous thread. I didn't want to have any preconceived notions about anyone before getting into mafia myself. Because if I read 100 posts in a previous game about how scummy YOU were, I would automatically go into this game feeling that YOU are scum. It's a bad habit I'm in, getting worked up and developing an opinion of something/someone without giving them a chance first. Especially if someone else presents a stable arguement. (("Oh, Bob is a bad guy. He cheated on his wife with his wife's sister, AND his wife's brother's wife. Now, without knowing anything for myself, I already hate Bob, and Bob's wife's brother's wife, for being adulterous. Yet, I've never met either of them. That's a problem that I have.))

Anything else?

And also!

((I hate Bob's wife's sister too, because she knows they are married, yet slept with Bob anyway. See what I mean about preconceived notions?))

I think logoutzero is telling the truth about the initial claim. I don't sense deception or subterfuge. He's being cautious with results that call for caution. His responses to others, but especially to Moar, don't come from a "I'm faking this claim/results so I have to give an answer that will placate her/them" point of view.

Believing the truthfulness of the text that was received is another matter. Some versions of a listener couldn't ever produce those results while some could. Best of WIFOA listener or Dark Tower Listener or something in between? A mafia plant is possible but it doesn't seem as likely and it's not a very good one.

thefranklin's responses still look uber scummy to me. That's enough for me. My vote stays.

@Caluin: Oh, crap!

My team is "MXC Event Staff" but, now I would like it if you told me what team you are on?

If you're part of the staff, then why are you participating in the games?

Helicoptering his way OVER the wall, logoutzero has successfully made it!

I don't expect an answer to that. We still don't know if the events are at all meaningful, or just flavour.

I'm part of the Meat Industry.

Not sure how to defend myself without it being misconstrued, so, here it is, for what it's worth.

Don't be so quick to dismiss me, just because I'm new to forum Mafia. I quite grasp the inner-workings of the strategies of this game, rest assured that I put a great amount of thought into anything that I post in this game.

Also, you can't bull*crap* a bull*crapper*.

Now, tehfrankziez, you have been warned. Do not cross me again!

Post 151.

This is making me feel conflicted.

BPC? Where are you? Oh, I think I hear him behind the curtains... OMG

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME... AND WITH MY BROTHER!? I THOUGHT WE WERE EXCLUSIVE, YOU **** *** **** *** ***** ****** ****

and you smell bad

Right you are, Phar. Rumour has it my odour partially caused the potato famine.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High