The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Re: The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

I'm not really bothered about inactives at this stage. We aren't all on the same time zone and that inactive person might well be at work/asleep/etc. :) Once it's close to vote-closing time, then I think it's time to look at them.

I need to read through the thread before really making any comment; the first couple of days of this are always half-guesses anyway. No one really knows anything.

Right; tea, read, posting. BBL.

I'm not really bothered about inactives at this stage. We aren't all on the same time zone and that inactive person might well be at work/asleep/etc. :) Once it's close to vote-closing time, then I think it's time to look at them.

I need to read through the thread before really making any comment; the first couple of days of this are always half-guesses anyway. No one really knows anything.

Right; tea, read, posting. BBL.

Nice filler post.

Ankeli. I just got up. I'm indicating, that I'm awake now and reading.

Which is more than your post does. :)

i love this idea. you go first. BWAHAHA! you seem to have nothing to hide, Mr. Feysal. tell us who are you? :D

It always was my plan to go first, if we went with this plan. However, it looks like most other players aren't very willing to try it. I'm not disappointed, I had second thoughts even when I posted it. The plan was originally for the Futurama game, where most of the main cast had no power roles, myself included (I was Hermes), and there was a much shorter list of roles to claim. And even then, if the town had revealed their names, that would have helped the cult to avoid trying to recruit robots. We could have something similar this time as well, maybe only humans being recruitable. That is only a guess, but I do know my species was mentioned in my role, and it may yet have some significance.

Regarding Falcon's headache, I think the best thing to do would be to wait and see. If the headache is a symptom of something, we're going to learn more by leaving him be. If there is a doctor who already knows more and who can do something about the headache without revealing himself, then by all means, do it. That would also clear Falcon, since anti-town players are not recruitable.

There is a detail about the headache that bothers me though. "By Gorny." I wondered if this could be some reference to the unfortunate incident in the last game, and the headache would be irrelevant to the current game.

Moving on... I re-read the story posts once more. The Lucian Alliance was mentioned, but it is said that the survivors of their attack returned to Earth, and Zarniwoop was killed after the fact. The story sounds a lot like the battle of Icarus Base, the starting event of SGU. This could mean the Lucian Alliance was mentioned for flavor only, and has no part in this game. The only enemy faction I'm reasonably certain about is the Goa'uld, the story post at the start of the night said quite explicitly that they were coming. As for others, we just can't know yet.

In case anyone is wondering, yes, I do get all of this from the wiki only. I've never watched any Stargate series myself.

Frankly, I'm poorly knowledge in the whole Stargate franchise; I only know so much from Stargate Atlantis. Considering that a lot players seem not to be familiar with it, the mafia would have an enormous advantage if they happened to have someone who actually IS familiar with stargate.
Emphasis mine. I guess you misread that Orphan?

So far there seems to be a number of people who are unfamiliar with the Stargate universe, myself included (so roughly half by my count). What's this about alot of players being familiar with it boogy? :scratchchin:

Speaking of quarantined, and with Falcon apparently admitting to no information from the hosts, I wonder if his vote will count today. I think you should definitely vote today Falcon so we can check.

So are you thinking its something other than a cult recruitment? I guess you could be on to something here.

The "by Gorny" part is there to give him credit for the story, since he is the one writing them.

Ankeli. I just got up. I'm indicating, that I'm awake now and reading.

Which is more than your post does. :)

Ankeli has a point though. Filler posts are sub-par when it comes to playing townie. If you wish to act pro-town, you're gonna have to kick it up a notch.

Doctor Nimzicki was an Air Force physician at Stargate Command. He was on call when Major Charles Kawalsky reported to the infirmary with headaches. During the exam, he discovered that Kawalsky was posessed by a Goa'uld Symbiote. When the symbiote realized it's identity had been discovered, it killed Nimzicki and hid the body. His corpse has found by Daniel Jackson in one of the quarters. (SG1: "The Enemy Within")

Can someone help explain the relationship between Kawalsky and the Goa'uld? From this quote it seems Kawalsky had control over himself until the Goa'uld was discovered. Did he still have some sort of control after he killed Nimzicki? How was this issue resolved? This information could help deduce how we handle FalconGK.

Orphan said:
Speaking of quarantined, and with Falcon apparently admitting to no information from the hosts, I wonder if his vote will count today. I think you should definitely vote today Falcon so we can check.

I guess its a good first place to test if there are any effects from the headaches.

Vote: boogyman19946

Ok reading through;

Feel sorry for Zarniwoop. Sucks to die on the first night. :(

I'm not at all familiar with SG:Atlantis, so could someone go over the characteristics and possible mafia-game suitable traits of these Wraiths?
Fishing for information on how much other people know? Why can't you Google it as boogyman suggested in post 13?

Anyway, Wraith seem to use Stunner Rifles or Pistols, which stun victims not kill them (Gateworld). The only mention of Plasma Weapons I can find are SGC-created. So was Zarniwoop killed by a rouge SGC person who is framing Wraith? Or I'm reading too much into a slip of the keyboard. :D (I see Flip10thMan picked upon this in Post 22 too.)

Personally I think FalconGK's headache could be related to Zarniwoops' death. Wraith DO have telepathic abilities. It could also be a result of the humanoid replicators linking with him. So many possibilities. Plus the obvious Goa'uld. :)

Could FalconGK have killed Zarniwoop under telepathic Wraith control? That would explain why he doesn't remember anything. I'd expect him to remember a Humanoid Replicator linking.

I don't believe it was a doctor save. It's too big a coincidence for one thing and there are plenty of other explanations.

Feysal, you're mentioning a lot of groups for someone who doesn't know Stargate (post 24). :D I don't agree that claiming wouldn't be done by the bad guys. And Jackson isn't a medical doctor; that was Frasier. Plus the SGC have allies that may play the doctor role; doesn't have to be a member of the SGC.

Wow. Odds sound stacked against us, unless we have some very strong power roles.

Cheery little soul, aren't you? Are you forgetting all of the allies of the SGC? Asgard, Nox etc. Ok one might have grey butts and the other hair issues but that's no reason to discount their technological abilities. :p

Re the discussion about role-claiming (Post 30-40 ish), if someone wants to, I wouldn't mind; give an opportunity to trip them up. But I wouldn't suggest an organized version of it. Mainly because I'm not good enough at keeping that up. :p

boogyman19946 complaining about non-posters (post 42) at 4.30am. Er bit previous aren't you?

FalconGK seems to be out for boogy (posts 40 and 47). No real comment from me on that just an aide-memoire when I come to review the posts.

FalconGK made a decent point about recuruitment in post 53. It's a bit obvious if the person is named prior to recruitment. Unless it's a sign that the doctor should hop over and de-Goa'uld him. Maybe he was cloned by the Humanoid Replicators the way Carter was? Or just had his thoughts read but again, I'd expect him to remember that.

Post 56 - Orphan. The theory about Zarniwoop taking a hit for someone else made me giggle. I'm not sure how Bad Ashes post (no 39) gave you the idea either. How is Zarniwoop going to do that? Sending a PM "Save x" and getting the right target is pretty long odds. No, I don't think so. HOW Zarniwoop was killed is more interesting to me because I think that gives a clue to by WHOM. WHY is pretty much going to be 'random choice' in my opinion.

Feysal seems pretty hung up on other mafia games (posts 30 & 64 maybe more). You want to talk filler Ankeli go have a look at those.

Ankeli has a point though. Filler posts are sub-par when it comes to playing townie. If you wish to act pro-town, you're gonna have to kick it up a notch.

Actually no I don't. I've never played a Mafia game and posted just to seem more active. If you want to lynch me for that go ahead. I will post when *I* am awake, not busy and feel there is something relevent to comment upon.

In the meantime, how about you go Google the relationship between Kawalsky and the Goa'uld rather than fish for information (post 68) they way Ankeli was right at the start (post 8)?

The fact you two are already supporting each other smells as much as FalconGK being out for boogy.

So, so far we have:
Marahumm & Ankeli as mates
FalconGK & boogyman19946 as enemies
FalconGK spending more time talking about other mafia games than this one.

I don't fancy lynching boogyman because I think Falcon went after him too fast and without an real reason. If Falcon is under control of the Wraith or Goa'uld or Replicators I do NOT want to follow his advice.

We obviously have at least one nasty faction but what I find odd is that throughout the posts up until this point, everyone seems to be shying away from mentioning the allies. Too scared to stick their head over the parapet apart from vague mentions of the doctor role and the cop (Feysal post 24).

I'm not going to suggest a lynch candidate yet because frankly no one ever follows me when I do so ... I'm going to wait and see. :p

===

I was having trouble posting earlier, if this post is mangled I will repost in smaller chunks. Apologies for the spam if that is necessary. :)

Right time to vacuum. It's unlikely I'll post again until vote time unless something spectacular happens. (Or I get bored with vacuuming.)

Free NK immunity for the entire game for the first person that vacuums my room!

just a clarification to Orphan, I dont believe Zarniwoop was a doc who sacrificed himself because I have no way of knowing that at all. It was just one end of the spectrum of mass role claiming. We dont even know if the mafia are getting the roles of the ones they kill so this might not even be a possibility, but if they are they already have 1 potential town to claim as their own. as I said the other side of the spectrum is flat out lieing and then trying to prove who is full of it which is just as equally difficult (sorry past game talk: I didnt believe TC to be Calculon a definite townie in futurama game and he was, hence it is a little tricky haha)

I dont think role claiming is a good idea at this point in the game, seems it may out power roles maybe.

On symbioytes, what of the Tok'ra ,I thought they helped the good guys,right?

Ok, I would've posted this yesterday night if I didn't get a database error but w.e. Better late than never I guess.

boogy - it's around 7 1/2 hours into this game? Unless my math is bad?

*sigh* today really isn't my day >.< I thought it was a bit later

boogy is my #1 scummer at the moment. I don't like the "2 mafias, dunno about cult" quote, and I don't like that he is already pushing a random lurker lynch, when people haven't even been given a chance. He also takes a stance against the name idea, which is the natural position for the scummers.

@boogy: Suppose we are nearing deadline and there are two players who haven't posted. Which one do we lynch? Who decides? How scummy does a player have to be to be better than lynching one of the lurkers? Who makes that decision?

Oh really? Sure, the first one sounds suspicious, the second reason was (if you read carefully) "towards the end," and the last is simply this: I disagree because I think it's straight up stupid. It will benefit no one but the mafia. As I've mentioned already, there is too many characters that are pro-town, and so mafia will have no trouble bull****ing their way out of the rope but guess what, if the pro-town gives their real roles, who has the advantage now? Not the pro-townies, nooooooo... we still won't have a clue who's pro and who's not, but the mafia hehe... the mafia will shoot the most threatening and once THOSE power roles are gone, the game is over. There really is no secret here.

And as far as choosing players goes, how about this: We narrow down the list of inactive players and whichever name is more spooky, we lynch them. How does that work for you? I use that technique all the time.

So you wanna pick someone with one or two posts out of 18 and hope you catch a mafia? Nice logic there. How about we lynch you and actually find something about.

At this point, it's probably bad logic, but I believe I did mention "towards the end" or at least something along those lines in the post. Of course, if we have a candidate for scum, it would make more sense to lynch him or her. But w.e, I'm not touching this again >.>

Actually no I don't. I've never played a Mafia game and posted just to seem more active. If you want to lynch me for that go ahead. I will post when *I* am awake, not busy and feel there is something relevent to comment upon.

In the meantime, how about you go Google the relationship between Kawalsky and the Goa'uld rather than fish for information (post 68) they way Ankeli was right at the start (post 8)?

I would love to, but at the moment my time browsing is extremely limited. It would be much faster if someone knowledgeable such as yourself to help out the rest of us than to have everyone wait for me to get home and look it up myself.

The fact you two are already supporting each other smells as much as FalconGK being out for boogy.

So, so far we have:
Marahumm & Ankeli as mates

lol, grouping us because we call you out?

Actually no I don't. I've never played a Mafia game and posted just to seem more active. If you want to lynch me for that go ahead.

I'm not going to suggest a lynch candidate yet because frankly no one ever follows me when I do so ... I'm going to wait and see. :p

So wait.... have you or have you not played a game of mafia before? I mean, how can no one ever follow you when you've never played before o_O?

Since we are talking about inactivity. Please take note that korialstraz mentioned he will be away until Sunday. Thus, he will not be modkilled for inactivity. But others will, and I do not take kindly to inactivity. And I believe Gorny feels the same.

Indeeeeeeeeed.:coffee:

Marahumm - I'm grouping you because you are both making the same mistake of assuming anyone who isn't posting in this thread three times an hour is mafia.

That's poor logic, suspicious in itself and frankly; rubbish. Considering you are claiming that you're too busy to look up information related to the game, it's a bit off accusing others of being mafia because they have other things to do than post here.

boogyman - You misread what I wrote. When I have taken part in Mafia games (about two or three - one was in the Pal forum) I post ONLY when I want to contribute not to seem more active. I won't post because someone thinks there is a required post quota of 5 posts a day.

When I do read through, I find wading through the conjectural spam annoying so I try not to create any more for others to plough through.

I obviously seem to be in the minority for that.

I don't fancy lynching boogyman because I think Falcon went after him too fast and without an real reason. If Falcon is under control of the Wraith or Goa'uld or Replicators I do NOT want to follow his advice.

Ok, this is the second time I've been accused of going after people "too fast". I also don't like the insinuation that it was "without an real reason", even though I specifically said what things were troubling me. The last time I was accused of going "too fast" it was by nurman on D1 Futurama, and he was scum. So here are some questions for you Thyiad:

1) What level of suspicion is acceptable for you on D1?
2) What about my play has been "too fast"?
3) Our votes are our voice, we should use them. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
4) If I spot scummy play on D1, am I supposed to ignore it because it's "too fast"?
5) How was it "without any real reason"? I definitely provided my reasons.
6) If you disagree with a player's reason for doing something, does this discount the fact that they do have a reason?

I'll state again as I have in every mafia game. We have 48 hour days. We don't have time to sit around twiddling our thumbs, we have to get down to hunting scum. We can (and have) find and lynch scum D1, but it requires us to get to work, not spend the whole day wringing our hands and speculating on fluff.

Things are getting heated up. Pass the chips Gorny.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High