The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Re: The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Actually Falcon, what I meant to say was 2 anti-town groups without a possible 3rd. I should've worded it differently but I haven't thought of it at the time. And I haven't played or followed the Futurama game.

Also, considering the second part of your post, if we have 2 mafia groups, maybe it wouldn't be so much of a free pass for the mafia. They would have to plan really carefully because chances are that they are competing against each other which leads to more confusion. Everyone is going 2 against 1 (and if there is a 3rd group it's 3vs1) so the mafia can't just take up the best roles and claim them. This idea has a lot of variables, so unless someone takes all into consideration, we're probably just wasting time talking about it (not like there is anything significantly better to do on day 1 anyway).

Either way, there are still people who have yet to make a single post today. If none of them replies and it's getting close to the end of the day, I suggest picking off a random name from those peeps (which was probably going to be the default action anyway >.>).

boogy - it's around 7 1/2 hours into this game? Unless my math is bad?

we got 40 hours yet?

Mafia Mafia Mafia LOL J/K :rolf:

oops forgot to read the "AND" - I agree

boogy - it's around 7 1/2 hours into this game? Unless my math is bad?

boogy is my #1 scummer at the moment. I don't like the "2 mafias, dunno about cult" quote, and I don't like that he is already pushing a random lurker lynch, when people haven't even been given a chance. He also takes a stance against the name idea, which is the natural position for the scummers.

@boogy: Suppose we are nearing deadline and there are two players who haven't posted. Which one do we lynch? Who decides? How scummy does a player have to be to be better than lynching one of the lurkers? Who makes that decision?

boogy is my #1 scummer at the moment. I don't like the "2 mafias, dunno about cult" quote, and I don't like that he is already pushing a random lurker lynch, when people haven't even been given a chance. He also takes a stance against the name idea, which is the natural position for the scummers.

@boogy: Suppose we are nearing deadline and there are two players who haven't posted. Which one do we lynch? Who decides? How scummy does a player have to be to be better than lynching one of the lurkers? Who makes that decision?

Totally read my mind. I'm also glad someone started the batting before I woke up. :crazyeyes:

FalconGK, I'm keeping my eye on you. If we have another headache patient tomorrow or the day after that you've most likely been converted. I don't know the Wraiths (except for the explanations given; thanks) but I do know my Goa'uld. Seriously, vampires? Writers, I applaud you... It's like Twilight.

Feysal's starting off easy, fishing for everyone's role in a universe that's obviously huge and he knew that even if he claimed not to be so familiar with it as TC was very clear that the game would include elements from multiple SG sources.

Noodle seems all too ignorant to me, just like he's been when I've been in the mafia team with him like in the last game. Also a worthy thing to note: neither BA or Noodle has attempted to undermine the other yet -> they're most likely not on the same scum team. I'm not ruling out one or both of them being in the same team, but they're certainly not in the same anti-town team or they'd made a little show for us already.

They have mandibles? Flip10thMtn's flavor post suggests they have "suckers" on their hands. Is this what you were referring to when you say mandibles?

Leo, did you read about Wraiths today after the intro story, or did you read about them after you found out SG was the theme?

i did not. pretty sure TC knows what i meant. and besides, the way Boogy described the Wraiths, i thought of them to be attractive Succubi and i am the best succubus in the world. ;) ask Gorny. with as many times as i have attacked him and him me, we both should be dead. XD

ANYWAYS.... i figured they, like, bit you and sucked your life force out. i didn't know they had suckers on their fingertips.

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage, not having viewed anything Stargate related.

same. i think the only thing i know semi-well enough is the stuff TC has shown me before this game and i was plagued with about three minutes of video of nothing but "Indeed" from Teal'c. pretty sure he is in here. as who, i am not sure.

*waits for TC's video clip of "boobie"*

I wonder if the headache could be a symptom of him being recruited. Like, he gets recruited night one, gets quarantined in the infirmary during day one, and becomes a fully active anti-town role player night two. That would make sense to me. Are there any factions within the Stargate universe that would seem to be a fit for a recruiting type role?

i will agree with that.

Quote from the signup thread. So far, we've had mentions of the Goa'uld, the bad guys from SG-1 and Continuum. The Wraiths are from Atlantis, so we've got two anti-town groups already. What gives me chills is the idea that we could have Ori also, from Ark of Truth. They could be a recruiting cult, and we know how powerful the Hypnotoad cult was in Mara's game, despite losing members all the time.

haha, that was such a- ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

*shakes head*

oh, sorry. wrong game. :crazyeyes:

Well, I had an idea in that game, and it could be a good time to try it. We don't know who Zarniwoop was, and as people continue to die, there are going to be plenty of roles for the mafia to claim. To prevent that, we could make limited role claims from the start: only our names, and nothing about our powers, if we have any.

i love this idea. you go first. BWAHAHA! you seem to have nothing to hide, Mr. Feysal. tell us who are you? :D

boogy - it's a "Falcon" save not me?

you sure it's a save and not.....

*waits for it*

A PUNCH???? :D :D :D

the players decide together who seems to be the least valuable player and we take a chance on lynching one of the lurkers. something we gotta risk because a lynch is better than no lynch as we all know.

I did a search on "headaches" in the Stargate Wiki. There were lots of entries, but these two seemed most interesting.

where other people, including Lt. James are also starting to complain about headaches. TJ is trying to help them. Young discovers that in the recording, Volker died from similar circumstances, and whoever feels the headaches may die within 12 hours​

Doctor Nimzicki was an Air Force physician at Stargate Command. He was on call when Major Charles Kawalsky reported to the infirmary with headaches. During the exam, he discovered that Kawalsky was posessed by a Goa'uld Symbiote. When the symbiote realized it's identity had been discovered, it killed Nimzicki and hid the body. His corpse has found by Daniel Jackson in one of the quarters. (SG1: "The Enemy Within")​

Here is the link for anyone who is really interested:

http://stargate.wikia.com/index.php?ns0=1&search=headaches&title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=Advanced+search&fulltext=Advanced+search

Falcon have you been told anything about your headache that you can report to us? I am heading to bed now but it is discerning if you have a symbiote in you waiting to get out. Any insight you can provide is good unless you are also unsure of the situation?

FalconGK, I'm keeping my eye on you. If we have another headache patient tomorrow or the day after that you've most likely been converted. I don't know the Wraiths (except for the explanations given; thanks) but I do know my Goa'uld. Seriously, vampires? Writers, I applaud you... It's like Twilight.

I agree with this. I can tell you now that I have not been converted to anything yet. I haven't been told of any change to my role, all I know is what you all know. This could of course change, although it seems like if it is some sort of cult recruitment that it'd be really tough for the cult to recruit if every time they target someone it gets pointed out in the flavor.

the players decide together who seems to be the least valuable player and we take a chance on lynching one of the lurkers. something we gotta risk because a lynch is better than no lynch as we all know.

I'd prefer to lynch scum D1 than a lurker who might be scum. We've lynched scum D1 before, getting nurman in the Futurama game, and Sathoris was the lead vote receiver D1 last game, but the wagon fell a few votes short at deadline. I see no reason to resort to a random lurker, there is already 1 good lynch candidate, and others may come up between now and deadline.

I did a search on "headaches" in the Stargate Wiki. There were lots of entries, but these two seemed most interesting.

**SNIP AWESOME RESEARCH BY MY WIFE**

This really sucks for me. If there is a role out there that can remove these symbiotes, I guess I need your help. I will state again that as of this moment I'm still town and I've received no information about any sort of change in my status. All I know about the headaches is the same things you guys know.

I'm not at all familiar with SG:Atlantis, so could someone go over the characteristics and possible mafia-game suitable traits of these Wraiths?

I'm not a SG subject matter expert, I've only seen the original movie (like what, 10+ years ago?), so the only real clue I have to work with is Zarni's death, and I don't think that tells us much.

All I can do is "google" but I find the only weapon a Wraith uses is a "Stunner Rifle" as far as personal weapons go (not ship-armed weapons).

I'm at a bit of a disadvantage, not having viewed anything Stargate related.

did you get all of this from the wiki? Seems like you do know quite a bit. I should probably read it as I too am clueless.

same. i think the only thing i know semi-well enough is the stuff TC has shown me before this game and i was plagued with about three minutes of video of nothing but "Indeed" from Teal'c. pretty sure he is in here. as who, i am not sure.

Frankly, I'm poorly knowledge in the whole Stargate franchise; I only know so much from Stargate Atlantis. Considering that a lot players seem not to be familiar with it, the mafia would have an enormous advantage if they happened to have someone who actually IS familiar with stargate.

So far there seems to be a number of people who are unfamiliar with the Stargate universe, myself included (so roughly half by my count). What's this about alot of players being familiar with it boogy? :scratchchin:

I wonder if the headache could be a symptom of him being recruited. Like, he gets recruited night one, gets quarantined in the infirmary during day one, and becomes a fully active anti-town role player night two. That would make sense to me. Are there any factions within the Stargate universe that would seem to be a fit for a recruiting type role?

Speaking of quarantined, and with Falcon apparently admitting to no information from the hosts, I wonder if his vote will count today. I think you should definitely vote today Falcon so we can check.

So you're willing to believe there are two mafia groups, but you dunno about a cult? Why does it have to be 2 mafia groups? Why couldn't it be 1 mafia group and 1 cult group, like the Futurama game?

What about 1 mafia group responsible for both those targets? I got this thought after reading Bad Ash's post about Zarniwoop being the doctor and sacrificing his life to save someone else? I'm of the belief that are at least 2 anti-town roles here though, and if there is indeed 3 than at least they should be targeting each other at night too.

Doctor Nimzicki was an Air Force physician at Stargate Command. He was on call when Major Charles Kawalsky reported to the infirmary with headaches. During the exam, he discovered that Kawalsky was posessed by a Goa'uld Symbiote. When the symbiote realized it's identity had been discovered, it killed Nimzicki and hid the body. His corpse has found by Daniel Jackson in one of the quarters. (SG1: "The Enemy Within")​

Co-incidence? I'm having a hard time believing it is.

"Lightning flashes, sparked showers, in one blink of an eye, you have missed seeing."

PS: Nice choice on your avatar PurpleGirl, Morena Baccarin is one of my favorites.

Thx. I love her character from Firefly.

Well, I had an idea in that game, and it could be a good time to try it. We don't know who Zarniwoop was, and as people continue to die, there are going to be plenty of roles for the mafia to claim. To prevent that, we could make limited role claims from the start: only our names, and nothing about our powers, if we have any.

This would not only rob the mafia of night kill roles they could claim, but it would give us some clues who we can trust. If someone claimed O'Neill and no one challenged the claim, that would most likely be a pro-town player. Not necessarily a power role though. This would also allow cops to focus their investigations on the obscure roles and the people who refused to claim, since the mafia will most likely be among them.

There are of course risks involved. If for example the hypothetical cult was only able to recruit humans, limited role claims would be handing the cult risk-free recruit targets. Also, some roles would be too obviously power roles, like Jackson being the doctor. Anyway, it is something we could try. Thoughts?

Mara tried that last game and it didn't fly and it's even more flawed now. Just don't. It's not worth pursuing you for this as I doubt you'll start the next day unscathed, with your headache and all.

A lot of people are distancing themselves from any knowledge on the stargate universe, even though most said so in the sign up thread they're saying so again.

Either way, there are still people who have yet to make a single post today. If none of them replies and it's getting close to the end of the day, I suggest picking off a random name from those peeps (which was probably going to be the default action anyway >.>).

So you wanna pick someone with one or two posts out of 18 and hope you catch a mafia? Nice logic there. How about we lynch you and actually find something about.

Since we are talking about inactivity. Please take note that korialstraz mentioned he will be away until Sunday. Thus, he will not be modkilled for inactivity. But others will, and I do not take kindly to inactivity. And I believe Gorny feels the same.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High