The D4 Launch Mafia Game (Ring of Fire) Game Over - Scum Win

I'll put up my notes and stuff tomorrow morning.

It was a really strange game though, with Pyro and Skjolde MIA and then Noodle going AWOL.

Grats to Snickersnack on pulling it off alone.

One thing I will mention now: Leo.

She couldn't play at all and only signed up to be auto killed Night zero, so that everyone that did sign up could be alive the first day and that there would be something to talk about vs the standard day one quiet randomness. It was a fun misdirect to get things started.

The game was moved into d4 community in order to draw more attention and hopefully pick up new players.

She couldn't play at all and only signed up to be auto killed Night zero, so that everyone that did sign up could be alive the first day and that there would be something to talk about vs the standard day one quiet randomness. It was a fun misdirect to get things started.
Yeah I tried to get that rolling, but no one seemed to care. 🥺

The game was moved into d4 community in order to draw more attention and hopefully pick up new players.
I've been trying to get my wife to make an account for just that purpose, but she refuses. I suspect she's doesn't want to deal with a salty scumersnack after she sees through all my BS.

• Haha
Reactions: coju
Player roles and alignment:

1. Noodle - Vanilla Town
2. D2DC - Town Cop (Motion detector only)
3. The Franklin - Town JKailkeeper
4. Leopold Stotch - Vanilla Town
5. Snickersnack - Mafia Roleblocker
6. Skjolde - Vanilla Town
7. Pyrotechnician - Mafia Goon
8. Coju - Vanilla Town

No other surprises.

Night Actions:

1. Night Zero:

No kills allowed, Leo auto death.

2. End of Day 1:

No lynch.

Pyro, Skjolde and Noodle modkilled for violating rule #13

Note: Noodle posted one time and never came back, from my point of view he was playing D2R all day (source Battle.net)

3. Night one:

Thefranklin jails Coju, but is role blocked by Snickersnack.
D2DC checks himself, but no motion is detected.

No deaths.

4. Day Two:

No lynch (Coju and thefranklin both voting each other, one vote each.)

5. Night two:

Thefranklin killed by Snickersnack.
Snicklersnack Roleblocks Thefranklin
D2DC watched Coju for motion, motion detected.
Thefranklin jails coju

6. Final Day:

Snickersnack wins via a lynch of coju, being he is the sole scum left with 1 town player left, SN wins via the 50% rule.
Note: SN played the game as solo scum with no partner.

My own thoughts:

I thought I was going to run into a potential problem sorting out night actions if SN and Thefranklin happened to target each other. In the rules for this game, I specified that "The Mafia Roleblocker is allowed to both submit the nightkill and perform his Roleblocker action. In addition, the Roleblocker is stated to resolve before the Jailkeeper.". I couldn't find anything in the mafia wiki on how those two roles would resolve if they targeted each other, but I did remember reading somewhere a specific sentence about how it works. The game started then on taking a look at the wiki page for the Matrix6 setup, I read that The Jailkeeper is stated to resolve before The Roleblocker, in the event that they targeted each other., luckily they did not target each other.

Thanks to @Leopold Stotch for coming in and ,making sure that those wanting to play could all be alive at the start.

No idea on what happened to @Skjolde or @Pyrotechnician

As to @Noodle ... honestly, I don't know what to say.

Finally, in closing, this is my last game hosting. While I realize people may have a lot going on IRL (I do too), aside from one or two people, no one hosts. Many just play, some haven't been heard from on site in quite some time and I get the feeling that aside from a few regulars, there doesn't seem to be as much interested in playing forum games like this like we did in the old days. We're a community that does more than play video games off site, but unless we manage to get new people playing and more people hosting, we won't be having anymore games or the massive 20 something player games of the past.

Reactions: snickersnack
Thanks for hosting, nice win Snicker! Funny you didn't have a method about which goes first, RB or JK, because I asked you that question right away :) I would be fine with the host doing whatever they wanted. We have always had some leeway with the defined roles and that makes each game a little unique.

Snicker, did you not try to NK someone N2? I jailkeeped Coju, thinking I prevented a death, and then during the day thought Coju was the most likely one to be mafia due to trying to explain the lack of NK in a weird way (blaming Leo?). So I targeted Coju again the next night, but didn't work.

Reactions: snickersnack
Thanks for hosting, nice win Snicker! Funny you didn't have a method about which goes first, RB or JK, because I asked you that question right away :) I would be fine with the host doing whatever they wanted. We have always had some leeway with the defined roles and that makes each game a little unique.

Snicker, did you not try to NK someone N2? I jailkeeped Coju, thinking I prevented a death, and then during the day thought Coju was the most likely one to be mafia due to trying to explain the lack of NK in a weird way (blaming Leo?). So I targeted Coju again the next night, but didn't work.
Here's what I did on N1:
I'll lock in NK coju and RB D2DC. I don't think I have any good reason to pick anything, so I'll just roll the dice. :)

Finally, in closing, this is my last game hosting. While I realize people may have a lot going on IRL (I do too), aside from one or two people, no one hosts. Many just play, some haven't been heard from on site in quite some time and I get the feeling that aside from a few regulars, there doesn't seem to be as much interested in playing forum games like this like we did in the old days. We're a community that does more than play video games off site, but unless we manage to get new people playing and more people hosting, we won't be having anymore games or the massive 20 something player games of the past.
That's fair.

What do you think would be the best way to drum up more interest so that when someone else (not naming any names here...) decides to host a game, there'll be enough players? Maybe just a sig link to one of the game threads?

I've done sig links, they don't seem to work. Maybe a signup thread in one of the community forums like we used to do on the old site.

We used to play in D2 Community in the old days. I'm not sure that many notice the forum games forums.

I've done sig links, they don't seem to work. Maybe a signup thread in one of the community forums like we used to do on the old site.
Well, more sigs get seen by more eyes. I'll think about making a template others can use. If one of the frequent players were to start a thread, then all of the frequent players could link to that thread in their sig, and maybe that'll get a few more players to show up. Just an idea.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High