SPF Technical Support Thread

OK, I think I have the solution. I was getting the same Java strings as many of you noted in previous posts but the issue is two fold.

1) If you are going to Blizzard's site to download and install Diablo 2 (yes, it is available for about $9.00 each for D2 and LOD) you'll note that the version is 1.14x. The "x", and I'm not sure what number or letter is there, is a version of Diablo 2 that GoMule can't read at all. Start with an original CD copy of D2 and LOD, install, and if you want to run without the CD you'll need to get the v1.12 patch (the patch can be found on line without logging into Battlenet and there are some other files that need to be copied, you can find those instructions on line as well).

2) GoMule doesn't run on Java 8 SE which is the default version of Java you get when you download. As I stated before, I had the same page upon page of Java errors when I used Java 8 SE. I finally wiped it from my system and downloaded a old version of Java 5.7 SE (you can get this from Oracle's site but they make you register to download; rather annoying). The old version of Java executes and runs GoMule without a hitch.
I'm not sure what the highest version of Java SE is that would cause this problem only that I was successful with 5.7.

Hope you find this useful...

Just started using Gomule recently and everything was working fine and then one day it just decided it wasnt going to let me launch the JAR file anymore? I tried reinstalling Java but it didnt fix the issue.
I don't believe I changed anything so it's really strange..when I try to launch it shows a quick error window and that window closes itself automatically in a fraction of a second (it closes so fast I can't even read the error text).

Windows 7 OS

E: Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have a few HRs from my HC Druid stored with Gomule :/

Just started using Gomule recently and everything was working fine and then one day it just decided it wasnt going to let me launch the JAR file anymore? I tried reinstalling Java but it didnt fix the issue.
I don't believe I changed anything so it's really strange..when I try to launch it shows a quick error window and that window closes itself automatically in a fraction of a second (it closes so fast I can't even read the error text).

Windows 7 OS

E: Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have a few HRs from my HC Druid stored with Gomule :/

GoMule doesn't run on Java 8 SE which is the default version of Java you get when you download. As I stated before, I had the same page upon page of Java errors when I used Java 8 SE. I finally wiped it from my system and downloaded a old version of Java 5.7 SE (you can get this from Oracle's site but they make you register to download; rather annoying). The old version of Java executes and runs GoMule without a hitch.
I'm not sure what the highest version of Java SE is that would cause this problem only that I was successful with 5.7.

GoMule doesn't run on Java 8 SE which is the default version of Java you get when you download. As I stated before, I had the same page upon page of Java errors when I used Java 8 SE. I finally wiped it from my system and downloaded a old version of Java 5.7 SE (you can get this from Oracle's site but they make you register to download; rather annoying). The old version of Java executes and runs GoMule without a hitch.

I can try downloading an older version of java but it worked fine with the version I have now for about a week and then stopped launching completely which doesn't really make sense.

e: Do you have a link to the version that worked for you?

I can try downloading an older version of java but it worked fine with the version I have now for about a week and then stopped launching completely which doesn't really make sense.

e: Do you have a link to the version that worked for you?

You can see what version of Java you are running; from a CMD line type:
java - version <Enter>

This will tell you the version of Java you are running. I didn't try a variety of versions for my issue but went straight to java v5.7
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...ds/java-archive-downloads-javase5-419410.html

Make sure you are downloading the Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 7 (this is the exact version I have and NOT one of the Development Kits.

I'm sure you may get this a lot, but I get an error in gomule on transferring a bow from my level 26 sorc to my level 1 amazon

View attachment 1974

I know you may get a lot of things like these but I'm at a loss of what may be causing it or a solution

That's why I prefer to play puzzle games on http://www.kizifan.com/ to boost my memory.
I'm not really sure what is going on, but some jewels I had for quite a long time (and was about to socket into some items) are gone, and several back ups I had do the same thing when I try to load them--they are just empty.

Last edited:
I'm sure you may get this a lot, but I get an error in gomule on transferring a bow from my level 26 sorc to my level 1 amazon

View attachment 1974

I know you may get a lot of things like these but I'm at a loss of what may be causing it or a solution
This looks exactly like the Java issues folks have been reporting. Check your version of Java to see if any automatic updates have occurred to the latest version (I believe it is 8.x). Please keep in mind that newer versions of Java don't work with GoMule. I've had success with Java 5.7 Runtime.

I'm running the latest version of Java and I have no issues with GoMule. Wezz's Java error looks like an issue with folder write permissions- place the GoMule folder outside of Program Files.

This kind of thing happens to a lot of older programs and games if they're installed to system folders. In win7 this is solved by choosing another folder to install to such as E:\games and programs\diablo II which is what I'm using.

I posted this question a while back, but I cannot remember if I go to answer. GoMule spits out numerous popups that, when you move the mouse, can just about fill the screen: see pic below. I was using 0.30 but even when I upgraded to 0.43, it is still occurring. It seems to have something to do with the mini-window that automatically pops-up when you mouse over an item.

View attachment 8241

Would someone point me in the direction of a multi.dll for 1.14d?

I've been looking for a couple hours now both on the forums and through Google, and haven't had any luck.

TIA!

@logoutzero - There isn’t one that I am aware of, it is one of the reasons that many people are still in 1.13d.

If you find one please let me & Thy know for approval before using.

@maxicek , @logoutzero Singling has had full support for 1.14 for years now. It contains the change in the Game.exe (Blizzard removed all of their DLLs in 1.14 so all changes in 1.14+ are either in Game.exe or Patch_D2.mpq).

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I can't figure out how to fix it. Occasionally (and more often recently), when I tab out of the game, I'm unable to tab back in. I try to tab back in, and it looks like the game is going to pop up, but then it just auto-tabs back out. It looks like a resolution thing, where my monitor is having trouble resizing, but I'm not sure if that's the issue, or how I would fix it.

Any thoughts?

Curious as to what files I need to go about moving my Gomule stashes to my new PC? Fairly new to Gomule but I’m assuming I should be able to just move the files to a jump drive?

Ya should be able to copy it all over + any stashes that are saved elsewhere for some reason

I am very new to all of this,and my searcher yielded no results. The download link for the Runeword Mod (RWM) leads to a 404,and the root site offers no obvious download links,and the one clickable object relating to the RWM is just an installation guide. Is there a way,at present,for me to download the RWM? I'd like to have it,going into my /p8 run of the game.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High