SPF Hall Of Records

Long time no see. Anyway, tables are updated. Unfortunately I had to remove links since they don't work within codes.

Category: Lister
Char: Trapper
Avg time: 2:10.716

Video of her already posted in other thread 2 months ago.

Also all my attempts if anyone cares when I leveled her up.
LfAXzdc.jpg

Category: AT
Char: Blizzard sorc
Bosspacks: 620 (6.2 average)
Average time: 32.849
MF: 720
Efficiency: 5.298 sec/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.859

I've decided to take a serious shot at AT with sorc. Here are all my attempts so far on this new map excluding third attempt posted above:
Attempt 1:
Bosspacks: 600 (6.0 average)
Average time: 34.535
Efficiency: 5.756 sec/bosspack
Adjeff: 2.020

Attempt 2:
Bosspacks: 619 (6.19 average)
Average time: 34.374
Efficiency: 5.569 sec/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.954

I think I learned my map quite good by now in 300 runs. I went for efficiency, so I didn't bother with picking up stuff while running. Only things I picked up are small charms, rare rings and rare jewels along with useful unique items and Pul+ runes. So overall I didn't pick many things. No, I don't pick up grand charms anymore, I don't find them worth it anymore to bother picking them up while running areas. Those I pick up in LK and Travincal, sure.

Equipment: not much to say here. 3 part Tal set, Ist Fathom, Ist Shako, Travs, Chancies, 35 and 36 MF rings, gheed, cube and full house of small charms. And Spirit for faster teleporting ofc.

Category: LK p7/8 (gems)
SC char, 200 fcr sorc
i4tSQIG.jpg

Chests skipped: 0

Total items picked up for statistics: 119 flawless gems, 27 grand charms, 27 small charms, 27 jewels, 6 rals, 4 sols, 7 rare rings.

A bit below average drops, but its understandable since I tried to be fast, so I did miss more stuff than I miss with normal play. But difference is rather small. 5.04 runs per pgems here, while average on several thousand runs I got is 4.77. Similar difference for other stuff that dropped. Overall it's more profitable to be 1 second slower to pick pretty much everything than to rush to miss drops.

There is no big secret to this, just follow few easy steps.
1. 200 fcr sorc
2. roll good circular map to return to act 4 after run
3. use telekinesis to open chests, don't walk to them :p
4. learn your map well, learn how many teleports you need to do when in what direction
5. teleport to the right side of the chest to have better and faster view on drops
6. use nothing in inventory except 2 columns of keys
7. don't use in-game stash at all and don't bother identifying items. Simply when you are full, go to gomule, 20 sec to put all items to random stash and continue running. You can check what dropped later, so you don't waste time on cubing gems nor do you waste time on identifying items ingame since there is no reason why to do that. Also it's faster to cube gems later from gomule to fast fill char and cube them all than waste time in game sorting around stash, walking to stash and stuff.

Could it be faster it get a linear map, and use a TP tome(s) to go to town --> A4 using telekinesis?

Could it be faster it get a linear map, and use a TP tome(s) to go to town --> A4 using telekinesis?

It depends on how far is the last hut from the WP. If you have a circular map close to the WP, ergo you dont need to TP.

I'd say it's not faster nor is better from practical point of view. Going to buy Tp scrolls every 20 runs seems like an annoying thing to do to me, when at the same time you go buy keys once in 40 runs. But let's say you could do that. Another problem is probably about my laptop than game in general, but when I go first in 3rd town (missclick), then go in fourth, my save time is at least 4 seconds, while when I go straight to fourth town, save is practically instant. Also, if last hut is next to waypoint as it should be on good maps, you will grab it within 2 teleports and fast s/e, I somehow believe that's even faster than using TP to 3rd town to click on waypoint there.

You can always put the links outside the table.

TABLE
bla
bla
bla
/TABLE

Links. #1 #2 #3 ...

A column for the shorter/visible post number would make it easy to manually hunt down the post(s) in question. Alternatively the permalink post number would with or without '#post-' for copypasting

Also, that's a pretty sick LK speed.

Character: HC sorc
Category: p7/8 LK gems
Runs done: 240
Average time: 19.594 s
Chests skipped: 0

Character: SC blizzard sorc
Category: p3 Travincal (picking gems)
Average time: 19.127 s
CAT: 19.127 (no minions skipped)

Character: SC WW barb
Category: Lister p8
Average time: 2:25.631 s

Character: SC wind druid
Category: AT p1
MF: 585 (175% inc. chance for uniques)
Runs: 100
Bosspacks: 626
Average time: 39.072 s
Efficiency: 6.2415 sec/bosspack
Adjeff: 2.270 fabians

I did 300 runs with wind druid on new AT map with run counter, attempts are listed in spoiler
Attempt 1: 100 runs
Bosses: 624
Average time: 40.306 sec
Eff: 6.459 s/b
Adjeff: 2.349 fabians

Attempt 2: 100 runs
Bosses: 627
Average time: 39.976 s
Eff: 6.376 s/b
Adjeff: 2.318 fabians

Attempt 3: 100 runs
MF: 585 (175% inc. chance for uniques)
Runs: 100
Bosspacks: 626
Average time: 39.072 s
Efficiency: 6.2415 sec/bosspack
Adjeff: 2.270 fabians

Total runs done: 300
Total bosses: 1877 (6.257 average per run)
Total average time: 39.785 s
Total eff: 6.359 s/b
Total adjeff: 2.312 fabians
Video + details of this windy click here

Category: Pit p1
Character: Berserker barb
MF: 776 kill / 656 switch
Item find: 55%
Average time: 55.069 s
Bosspacks: 424 in 50 runs (8.48 avg. per run)
Efficiency: 4.190 s/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.464 fabians

It took a long time, but finally did it. That is marginal improvement, but I'm pleased with it. I do try to run Pit here and there, but I really need lucky streak of bosspacks to be able to challenge my record. Who knows when will the next lucky session come. I did have lucky bosspack count here and there, but I wasn't focused enough in those sessions. This time my session started with 90 bosses in first 10 runs which motivated me since in that part I was sub 4 sec/bosspack, so everything was in line to try to break my record.

Tables are updated. Last results included are LK for both HC and SC, Travsorc, Lister WW barb, AT windy and this berserker.

Character: Singer barb
MF: 713
Item find: 56%
Average time: 60.394 s
Bosspacks: 409 in 50 runs (8.18 avg. per run)
Efficiency: 4.733 s/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.661 fabians

Planned and build singer today with some improvement. Respeced my zerk barb for that purpose. I built singer the best way I could think of and with gear I have available. It is possible to build stronger singer, but hard to get stuff is needed for that. Also map went crazy with 8.5 bosses in first 30 runs, but then went slightly worse. Still ended in very nice bosspack count in the end.

Only secret strategy in running is to position yourself to drag boss out of minions so that merc can attack it first. You kill bosses very very fast. Teleporting into bosspack + war cry is in general worse strategy, but sometimes work. Its a matter of experience when to do what. I use battle cry on stone skin bosses fast so that merc can kill it faster, also I do battle cry with champion packs for same reason. Then proceed war cry ofc, not much else you can do.

Equipment and build:
2 barb 20 fcr 50 MF circlet (rare with 1 Ist socketed)
Enigma
3 warcry 32 MF amulet
Suicide Branch (Ist)
6x Ist Crystal Sword
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist Gloves
beta BKWB
36 MF ring
50 MF War Traveler

Gheed + small charms + 1 warcry skiller + cube in inventory

Merc: GPA Insight + CoH + Andy (15 ias 31 ED jewel)

Skills:
20 War Cry
20 Battle Cry
20 Howl
20 Find Item
1 Inc. Speed
1 Nat. Res.
1 Battle Command
rest into BO

Pumped vitality until 3k life, rest into energy. Ended with 3k life and 1150 mana. War Cry damage is between 900 and 1000, enough.

Last edited:
Character: Singer barb
MF: 713
Item find: 56%
Average time: 59.018 s
Bosspacks: 405 in 50 runs (8.1 avg. per run)
Efficiency: 4.671 s/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.639 fabians

Well it seems it's not that hard to improve on this, I'm just waiting lucky number of bosses for it. I can see it being possible to do sub 1.6 fabians with this singer, and most definitely with singer with godly MF amulet. This is my fourth pittest for singer, and worst try so far was 1.71 fabians on 7.75 bosses (which is on the lowest side for my map).

Some attempts at improving pitzerker result. Attempt 1 was very close, attempt 4 improved my best result by 1.4%
It is definitely not straightforward to break 1.5 fabians limit, but it is now easier than before.

Tables updated.

Character: Berserker barb
MF: 776/656
Item find: 55%

Attempt 1:
Average time: 54.946 s
Bosspacks: 420 in 50 runs (8.4 avg. per run)
Efficiency: 4.220 s/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.475 fabians

Attempt 2:
Average time: 56.209 s
Bosspacks: 419 in 50 runs (8.38 avg. per run)
Efficiency: 4.327 s/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.512 fabians

Attempt 3:
Average time: 54.793 s
Bosspacks: 411 in 50 runs (8.22 avg. per run)
Efficiency: 4.301 s/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.503 fabians

Attempt 4:
Average time: 54.690 s
Bosspacks: 427 in 50 runs (8.54 avg. per run)
Efficiency: 4.132 s/bosspack
Adjeff: 1.444 fabians

Given the recent thread about this thread, wherein an impression I received was that some perceive that this thread is only for extra hardcore super fast extreme pros, I thought I'd post a new set to hopefully counter that view, and maybe encourage some new contributions?

Category: Mephisto p3+
Character: HC Blizzard Sorc
Average Time: 29.869s
MF: 403 (154eMF)
Adjeff: 11.76

Fairly bog standard Blizzy; no particularly crazy gear/set-up.

Occy (ist) / Spirit
Shako (PTopaz)
Vipermagi (PTopaz)
Goldwrap
Chancies
FCR/allres blue
nagle
tal's ammy
tri-res, 25% MF rare boots

Lv30 blizz, some points from CM moved to go get ES. 105FCR, 60 FHR. Insight+Prayer Merc.

The most apparent ways to improve here, to me, would be to find her a mara's so I can drop some resistance charms for MF charms, and try to get more consistent with making Meph position himself in ideal locations right off the bat. The former is likely easier than the latter, I suspect. Picking up less would make a difference, too, but would be rather counter-productive.

no weapon swap for more MF on or lower res cast? I find that helps a bit. for blizz it will only help with static at the beginning and I don't remember how long the first half normally takes but lower res boosts the effectiveness of static field quite a bit. Maybe not necessary for blizz but definitely necessary for lite sorc imo.

I can give an LR wand a shot, and see what happens. I just defaulted to a CtA, because it lets me get away with lazier/sleepier play without punishment. An MF switch is awaiting the wealth to make it worthwhile. (And by that, I mean, largely a surplus of Ists, but maybe also an alternative to for the non-MF-swtich).

Last edited:
I suspect huge MF on kill is probably better than lower res wand but it would take some testing. BO is nice, too.

Don't forget that you can get lvl 3 charges! Wands from baal (maybe Diablo+?) can have it but that's to tedious. It's not hard to shop them when you reach lvl 90 or so iirc.

This thread was started with an idea for people to post their results and then try to improve them with time. In the end it turned out most people don't really care about that and are not posting their results unless they can get a record. But, at least some good data was given by people who tried their best, we kind of realized where are the farming limits in this game.

Some categories should be slightly better defined (like CS), and possibly to add cows.

Bumping this good thread. Definitely worth a read if you're looking for ideas for your MFO characters.

I'm planning to make attempts with my Pit singer and nec to see where I stand right now. Don't hesitate to join! Checking your performance in the light of numbers is really good way to see where you can improve.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High