Sincere condolences

Re: Sincere condolences

Ha! Ivan IS the HC, he could never go back!

Sucks about your sorc dude, I just popped my head in to read it, nasty snakes! We'll get her back up in no time!

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character Name: IvansWarMachine
Character Level: 88
Character Class: Sorc
Character Build: MetOrb
Difficulty: Hell
Act: Act 5 - Lvl 3 of the Nilly Hotel
Corpse Looted: No - Brave effort from my BO Barb but alas no
Death Type: PvM

All was going perfectly fine, MF'ing all the main hotspots, Andy, Countess, key hunting etc
Andy even gave me a nice 7%MF 10FR small charm. Just about to mule but I gave it 1 more go for more D keys............. damn :dizzy:

BO's myself - E-shield up, tele'd down no sweat, clicked stairs to visit nilly. Dead, just dead, insta-death i call it. Stair trap with LOTS of aura'd snakes, no chance of tele..... nothing just super fast death. Maybe a hint of tiny lag there but not a thing I could do, am totally gutted. :weep:

She had my best items, Anni gone, Charms gone, 6 keys gone (had the keyset dammit!), Merc was decked out too.

Picked myself up and started a hammerdin for revenge!! God damn it D2 if your bugged with overpowered insane damage snakes! meet my hammer!!! :evil::evil:

Will miss u girl, good times had!
Anni + Ondals and Experience Shrine sitting in Baals throne room.....sniff

Character name: Lovely_Lydia
Character level: 43
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Blaze/Orb
Game difficulty: NM-Outer Cloister
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

Cause of Demise:
Dunno really. Something dropped me to like 20 HP's in a single go (from 430, had ES on but that took only 25% damage). It was one of Flamespike's little brothers that did the final deed (MS/ES even), but I suspect the real cuplrit was an FE boss that died to my first Orb (didnt even see it, only saw a different color amongst the stuff that died). I saw my HP's drop, thought "maybe I should pop a juve here.." and the next instant... *gunk* ... within ten seconds of hitting the WP I was dead.

Ankeli was so kind as to trample the little bugger into the ground. Alas... well... at least she didnt have any gear worth mentioning, so that's ok :) But its a shame of the Lovely_Lydia's Chainmail with Stealth in it.

Character name: YouKnowYouCan
Character level: 92
Character build: Blizzer
Game difficulty: Hell
Corpse looted: Yes

My sorc was doing great all the way to this very moment and together with the gausscommunity we had done tons of baalruns. Anyways, it happened at the same time as the Lister pack spawned. Was picking up an item where the minions spawn to then go back, but right when i was about to teleport back the antivirus poppup shows up and tabbed down the game. The char was standing a little to the left so i thought i could manage to S&E before she got deeds. Well, she died at the same time as i saw the game screen.

Had an eth tomb reaver and plenty of gems which i wanted to mule, but instead i kept on playing like nothing would happen. She will be rebuilt, but this time with max block instead of more hp.

Character name: oOmpole
Character level: 76
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Polearm Leaper

Was doing fine participating in Hell Baal runs just keeping monsters off people's backs with Leap when I did not pay attention and entered a TP into Throne that was called "not safe".
And not safe it was. I insinctively popped a juvie, Leap Attacked away and hit Alt-F4 in mid-air... JUST after I got toasted, so I ended up with an invisible character and ofcourse no possibility to loot :badteeth:

Too bad, he was real fun to play, although he had a real hard time killing in Hell diff.

Seems like the KTA-crew and Mr. Bear had a crappy weekend. Sorry to read all those RIPs guys.

Character name: oOmsicle
Character level: 75
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Frost Zealot
Act: 1 - Stoney Field

Cause:
CE/LE. I had tried to solo my way through Hell A1, but my merc got murdered everywhere we went past the Dark Wood, so I decided to take it easy and get some levels in (and hopefully some items) in Stoney/Trist (little to no cold immunes :p).
Was doing fine for a couple of "runs" until we were fighting a Crow bosspack. I noticed the CE/LE so stepped WAY back, merc pops the culprit and after the CE ring was gone my health starts dropping in two HUGE chunks without a monster ANYWHERE in sight. Popped a juvie after the first one, but the second one tore me a new one.

Tbh, I'm getting pretty tired of ridiculous bugged deaths like this...

:cry: Sorry to hear that.

Is there a bug with cele monsters similar to the fele bug on NM that will carry cold damage/phys damage on the last spawned bolts from an exploding monster?

Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character name: Kosolap
Character level: 77
Character class: Druid
Character build: Maul/Fireclaw Werebear
Act: 1
Death type: Lag

A rebuild of my previous bear, this one was turning out even better! Had a perfect Jalal's, Kosolap's Windhammer (decided to use that over IK maul for fun), Dracul's, Aldur's armor+boots, some good charms, angelics... Having 10,000AR, 3500dmg, 4000 life, mauling with fireclaws through Act2 hell was going smoothly, just found a Bonehew there. Went into act1 to kill Bone Ash -- my antivirus starts updating, slows and completely freezes the game. I drink some full rejuvination potions, Alt+F4, come back and find him dead

Savage savage death there man, condolences :(

Death Certificate

Character name: YipeeYabbaDoo ...{snip}... the CPU was expending all its energy on AVG's behalf. When I logged on I was greeted by a dead sorc . . . how lame. (If anyone has any suggestions on how to prevent this sort of occurance please stick a comment in the sincere condolances:thumbup:)

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Sorceress. That sux. But...

Window$ anti-virus program blues? Fix follows.

(1.) Surf to : http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

(2.) Burn Ubuntu Linux 8.04 Desktop CD to CD-R / RW. Set PC BIOS to boot from CD as first boot device. Reboot.

(3.) Click "Install" icon on desktop. Choose "Use entire hard disk for Ubuntu" and "Completely Delete Windows Permanently?" options.

(4.) When new O/S installs, reboot.

(5.) Run Synaptic Package Manager from "System -> Administration" menu. Seach for and install WINE Windows compatibility layer application.

(6.) Configure WINE. (I recommend running Window$ applications in a separate window -- with full-screen there's too much of a chance of a misbehaving Window$ program doing stupid things like grabbing 100% of the CPU and not letting you back to the Linux Desktop.)

(7.) (Re)Install Diablo II and LoD by double-clicking "SETUP.EXE" application from relevant CDs. Allow patch 1.11b to download and install when you next connect to Battle.Net.

(8.) Enjoy playing Diablo and your Window$ games without ever having to worry about stupid Window$ "Product Activation", (sic.) "Genuine Advantage", anti-virus programs, pop-ups that corrupt games, or, of course, viruses and malware. Enjoy the free OpenOffice software suite that costs zero, as opposed to Micro$oft Office for ~$1400.

(9.) Have a good laugh at the expense of all those poor masochists who are still, for some reason unknown to me, still voluntarily suffering at the hands of Mssrs. Gates' and Ballmer's bloated, CIA-backdoored, DRM-crippled, agonizingly slow and inefficient so-called operating system.

(Or, of course, if you prefer, keep running Window$. That way you'll get lots of experience in starting new Hardcore characters from Level 1.)

:evil:

Cheers

Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill, thanks for spending all that time responding to my question . . . I'll definately look into Linux but I'm more than a little concerned that if I try to install Linux onto my computer then Windows might go and do something vindictive like reduce my computers usefulness to that of a really big paper weight. :scratchchin: Still, I'll look into it, and thanks again.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: KTA_GreenArse
Character level: 75
Character build: Avenger
Act: 2

Cause of demise: Fe Ce Blunderbore boss that got popped. (by my recklessness!)
We were battling our way towards Duriel in the Tomb during our weekly KTA session. Only three were present, namely a singer barb, a bonemancer and my Conviction Avenger pally. Were doing Ok-ish until we ran into a pack of Blunderbores. I noticed the boss being FE/CE so I immediately types a warning message, but while I was typing the Bonemancer Shift-Click Bonespirited him, and me, to death.

My bad, I should have walked back before typing. On to the next run ^^

MY FAULT!! NOT YOURS!! The shift-click tends to gravitate towards a boss monster, which in our case was not a good thing, so very sorry dude!

Character name: WatWatInTheBut
Character level: 93
Character build: Hammerdin
Act: 5
Death type: PK

Cause of demise: Well, a "friend" lured me to do some baalruns. Had only 16 millions left to 94 so i decided to go. Bad choice. As soon as I joined the game and went in to Throne, got tppk'd. After that, the guy decided to drophack me thus preventing me from getting my loot.

I do hope you reported him to Blizzard...I know it seems like they won't do anything but sometimes they do...I mean c'mon, insult to injury; if you could have looted it would have been a killer blow to die, not a killer blow x2 when they guy was that much of a *"&^$%$^*%$*(^$^ to not let you loot!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?!

/rant

I do hope you reported him to Blizzard...I know it seems like they won't do anything but sometimes they do...I mean c'mon, insult to injury; if you could have looted it would have been a killer blow to die, not a killer blow x2 when they guy was that much of a *"&^$%$^*%$*(^$^ to not let you loot!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?!

/rant

99% suck, plain and simple.

is why D3 should we P2P - weed out the script kiddies at least

Re CanICallYouBob's posting:

"Cause of demise: Decided to play a little after a really long time. Was fighting council in Travincal, charged strike made a short talk. Killed Ismail Vilehand & FE Geleb Flamefinger, rushed to Toorc Icefist. When he was almost dead i realized, that he had FE mod too. Started to run away when my valk smashed him. Well, you can guess the rest."

Coincidentally, yesterday I almost lost my own (then) Level 52 Javazon (with her shiny new self-found ethereal Titan's!!! :thumbup: ) like that; by now I'm wise to the fact that you don't tug on Superman's cape and you don't melee FE Geleb in Nightmare, but I had chucked my (then) 4.5K Plague Java at Toorc; he was down to about 1/4 health when I noticed that he was FE as well, so I rapidly ran away as the Valk gave him the final poke... which would have been my final poke, too, had I not.

I guess the moral of this story is, everybody knows about Geleb, but you gotta watch those other ones, they can spawn FE as well, with random modifier.

Good luck on the rebuild,

Mr. Bill

Condolences on your mega-barb Adam, must have been some lag in there somewhere I reckon, I mean, he was indestructable ffs!!

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: BoD-Canu
Character level:92
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Singer
Act: -5

Light enchanted Fire enchanted a3 minions of baal made a fool of me. my 6k life dissapeard quicker than a blink. damn

Stun and FELE really don't mix. Whenever I play a character who stuns, or am with a character who stuns, I always back off that wave till I know Bartuc doesn't spawn FELE. Otherwise, deeds comes fast, especially from a 105+ FCR Singer Barb who sets off the death explosion multiple times FAST.

Stun and FELE really don't mix. Whenever I play a character who stuns, or am with a character who stuns, I always back off that wave till I know Bartuc doesn't spawn FELE. Otherwise, deeds comes fast, especially from a 105+ FCR Singer Barb who sets off the death explosion multiple times FAST.

Back when I played SC I had a singer and I, for some reason, ended up running a ton of Nightmare Baals. Sure enough, whenever Bartuc rolled FELE, I'd die.

Fred said:
HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: SweetAsSugar
Character level: 86
Character build: FB/meteor
Act: 5

Was doing a usual mf-run and went for shenk. I tele'd to pick up an item and to the left i see a few slingers. The life bulb was at ~60% so i didn't think of hitting a purple right there. In the next second i hear a spear hitting me and deeds.

Awww unlucky dude, that's one of those "Oh BALLS!!!" deaths, condolences

Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Death Certificate

Character name: ThisNameIsFunny
Character level: 87
Character class: Necro
Character build: Fishymancer
Act: 5 WSK level 2
Corpse looted: negative
Death type: tppk

Cause of demise: Made a Pul 4 Nec Torch game, waited for someone to join. 92 druid showed up and, after prompting, said he didn't have one. I went back in my tp to continue mfing and got hit hard. God I'm dumb. Lost a bit of nice stuff: Mal, my Cobalt, some other good runes, his MF gear, some great charms. I guess I just figured he wasn't a tppker since I figured he was trading or mfing. Never going to make that mistake again, I just wish it hadn't been such a costly character.

Happened to me as well dude, lost a MF Tal's Sorc (iirc!) in the same situation...I questioned the TPPK'er if they had the item I was after and all they were doing was camping my TP to WSK2 where I was MF-ing waiting for someone with the item to turn up! Details probably in this very thread, maybe the old one...my memory lapses... :crazyeyes: I make a new game now if someone won't leave when I question them!
Anyway, condolences for the loss dude!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High