RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Character name: oOmsicle
Character level: 75
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Frost Zealot
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 1 - Stoney Field
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

Cause:
CE/LE. I had tried to solo my way through Hell A1, but my merc got murdered everywhere we went past the Dark Wood, so I decided to take it easy and get some levels in (and hopefully some items) in Stoney/Trist (little to no cold immunes :p).
Was doing fine for a couple of "runs" until we were fighting a Crow bosspack. I noticed the CE/LE so stepped WAY back, merc pops the culprit and after the CE ring was gone my health starts dropping in two HUGE chunks without a monster ANYWHERE in sight. Popped a juvie after the first one, but the second one tore me a new one.

Tbh, I'm getting pretty tired of ridiculous bugged deaths like this...

Character name: dyorba
Character level: 79
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Orb/tk
Act: 3 - Durance 3
Corpse looted: yes

Cause:
Getting too self-confident if not to say cocky.
I tele'd to durance 3 with no problems, as always, except that the dolls seemed a bit more agressive than usual, but with fcr and fhr i just zoomed past them. Killed meph with no problem, switching from wizzy/visc-eld (max res) to alibaba/rhyme (30-60ish re). Thought, hey lets get the chest in the back so teled there, saw a pack of bloodlords but realized too late that they were not the pesky normal kind that i just ignored and opened the chest, but champs and had a nasty aura unique boss (might/fana/ci/li/stoneskin) near :nono: . Could not tele back out probably because of stun- or block lock, and died in a split second. :hang:
It took me a full 15 minutes to fight my way to durance 3 with my summoner that had opened the game for glitching, dolls and bloodlords with bad mods everywhere. The pack that had killed my trusted sorc was really nasty, especially the unique bloodlord was very tough indeed.

So: Don't tele back to that chest without checking out those bloodlords first, normally they are just a nuisance, but with the right mods you are in deep trouble. Or, program yourself to use tk more for such things :scratchhead:

Last edited:

Character name: LEHMA_PAUN
Character level: 87
Character build: Fire ball / meteor
Act: 1 - The Secret Cow Level
Corpse looted: yes

Cause:
Had a sudden idea with my brother that we could solo hell cows to get socketed items, gems, skillers etc. We had almost cleared the cow level and I attempted quick tele through the map. Merc within we had defiance and meditation aura on. All of a sudden I teleported into a horde of cows, 18-25 of them as I can recall and cows had no problem with taking me down. It took them half a second to smash me with their axes.

I suggest NOT to tele too harshly in cow level especially if you have recently mf'ed a stash full of items.

:whistling:

Character name: Holy_Schmoke
Character level: 28
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Holy Fire
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 4: CS

Cause: Ventarr the Unholy and friends... 600 life and 0 fire resist... didnt want to hit a full that quick, thought I needed it for big D... alas... too little, too late :D

I'll rebuild him with Holy Shock. Way more fun anyway :D

Character name: BloodmixAvenged
Character level: 88
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Skelliemancer
Act: 5 Halls of Vaught

Got hit by a point blank poison javalin. I froze and stopped moving to prevent myself from taking any charge damage... everything looks fine... then BAM I start taking the damage anyway and I'm down before I can reach the rejuvs. Pretty confused how that happened to be honest.

Character name: AbraGoogle
Character level: 74
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Whirlwind BARB
Act: 4
Corpse looted: Yes

We were doing Diablo runs, my team ( of 4) were doing well, one of my partners retreated becuase of low health, then another did.
It was just me and my final partner. (A Hammerdin) Diablo used that horrible thunder attack, at that point some losers decided to go hostile towards us, my partner went off to attack them, he would have come back soon, I only had to defend myself for 30 seconds, but then Diablo hits me and my health drops to critical, I was sweating I tried running away, but it just caught me with its thunder attack.
I died, crestfallen, my partner finished off the two guys and managed to kill Diablo, he died 2 days later in act 5 becuase of of some giant things.
And my two other friends are still surviving, once they kill Baal and get higher up in the ladder, us 4 will start again, and hopefully get to the end together.

Man it was dramatic.

Character name: Kosolap
Character level: 80
Character class: Druid
Character build: Maul/Fireclaw Werebear
Act: 5
Death type: PK

This was my favorite guy, just completed act2 hell solo, and came into a normal game to give away some stuff I found but didn't need. A level 45 druid asks me for Worldstone waypoint, I get oak and shift just to be safe, load onto the Waypoint and hostile/die to hurricane instantly. I have already survived 4 pk attempts with this guy, and have no idea how a lvl45 can instakill me with 4800 life and max cold resistance. Only explanation I can think of is that loading took a few seconds too long on my screen..

/cry /cry /cry

Character name: Shades_***
Character level: 77
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Trap ***
Act: 1 (Andy MF run)
Corpse looted: NO

Just loaded up the game after a couple of days off. Started to do a short andy run and then work on clearing A1 for fun when I rounded a bend, had my merc and shadow trapped behind the wall and of course not taking my time and thinking it through. I got surrounded by a tainted unique and all his buddies and got 3 hit. Not very good res with my MF gear....

This was my first hardcore character ever.... GAAAAH

Character Name: oDARKSIDEo
Character Level: 44
Character Class: Necromancer
Character Build: Fishymancer
Game Difficulty: Nightmare
Act 1, Jail Level 1
Corpse Looted: No
Death Type: PvM

My First HC char. I was trying to gain a few levels by myself while my roommate took a break from his HC Fire/ICE sorc. My poor Fishymancer bit the dust while fighting a CE Specter and his minions in the Jail. My Skels had them under control, but out of a doorway behind me a few more specters attacked. I was trapped in the middle so I retreated towards my minions, and when the CE monster died, I was caught in its wake. I will make a bigger, stronger version while focusing more on resists.

Character Name: FlaaaaameOn
Character Level: 51
Character Class: Sorc
Character Build: Ranged Enchanter
Game Difficulty: Nightmare
Act2, Maggot Lair

Trying to build an enchanter to help my other characters. Killed by an extra fast, extra strong, fire enchanted beetle in the maggot lair. It ran up to me and hit me right when my merc one shotted it. Instant dead sorc.

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: BowSoldier
Character level: 24
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Strafazon
Act: 3
Death type: TPPK

Cause of demise: A highish level (66?) sorceress helped me out a little bit in A3, so I figured I could trust her. She told me wp tp was up, and I went through and died before my screen loaded. No hard feelings though, I should have figured she was a pker, level 66, with a level 1 in the game, only way she could know the game name is if the lvl 1 was her scout. Oh well, lvl 24, new record!

Character name: Kosolap
Character class: Druid
Character build: Maul/Fireclaw Werebear
Act: 1
Death type: Lag

A rebuild of my previous bear, this one was turning out even better! Had a perfect Jalal's, Kosolap's Windhammer :D (decided to use that over IK maul for fun), Dracul's, Aldur's armor+boots, some good charms, angelics... Having 10,000AR, 3500dmg, 4000 life, mauling with fireclaws through Act2 hell was going smoothly, just found a Bonehew there. Went into act1 to kill Bone Ash -- my antivirus starts updating, slows and completely freezes the game. I drink some full rejuvination potions, Alt+F4, come back and find him dead :(

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: YipeeYabbaDoo
Character build: Orb/Tk
Act: 2, Arcane Sanctuary
Death type: PvAntivirus

Cause of demise:
First off, this post sadly sounds like Peresvet's . . . This character was a rebuild of my previous orb/tk sorceress and was even better than before (more life, more fcr, more fhr, etc). I had just finished questing in Hell the day before and was ready to start mfing in earnest. I was running Mephisto and the Summoner with no problems and finding some very nice things when while teleing the arcane sanctuary my fps dropped to about 1 and I then got booted out of the game to the Desktop to find AVG telling me that it had found a threat. I tried to close the game but it was not responding . . . the cpu was expending all its energy on AVG's behalf. When I logged on I was greeted by a dead sorc . . . how lame. (If anyone has any suggestions on how to prevent this sort of occurance please stick a comment in the sincere condolances:thumbup:)

EDIT -- Moved to "Sincere Condolences."

(Sorry just realized this forum is supposed to only be for obits...)

Mr. Bill

Character Name oARSONo
Character Level: 73
Character Class: Necromancer
Character Build: Fishymancer
Game Difficulty: Hell
Act: 2, Palace Cellar
Corpse Looter: No

Cause of Demise: Got a little to impatient. Trying to get through the Palace Cellar and get into arcane but ran a bit too far ahead of my minions. Got trapped in a corner of a room with many Horror Mages and those Gorilla Things, hit all my rejuvs to no avail and hit ALT+F4. Im POSITIVE I got out on time, but when I logged back in my character was invisible (although I could still see him in the chat channel), no ghost animation. It seems as this is a bug. When you exit a game via AltF4 and die, it corrupts the game file that makes the ghost animation. Still dead tho...

Character Name: The_Rope
Character level: 58
Character Class: Assassin
Character Build: Lightning Trapper
Game difficulty: NM
Act: 5, Throne of Destruction
Death Type: TPPK

Cause of Demise: Well I'm just starting out on d2X and especially HC. So I joined a baalgame where two lvl 70s something were. They invited me and I joined and went down into the throne room and it was all going well, we were just going to kill the minions when I'm dead within a second due to tppk. God I hate it that every char has to be rebuilt from scratch just when it was starting to go well. Why can't someone ****ing do something about tppk? it's so lame.

Character Name: Ofc_Witchblade
Character Class: Assassin
Character Build: Ninja Star Throwing Hybrid
Game difficulty: Hell Act 3 Travinical
Corpse Looted: yes
Death Type: Player vs Wife

Cause of Demise: Well I had just stepped into the Hell Travinical when my wife walks in the room commanding my attention and randomly babbling about something . I only had time to Juv once and then I was DEEDS .. I screamed " GD it I just F'ing DIED " and she was like Whoa calm down a bit !! Lmao ...

It was so fast I didnt even get a chance to run away . I had max resists and BO was on so I had about 2200 life .. I was just starting to have fun with this chick and now it all begins again .. At least I looted myself ...

:whistling:

Character Name: TMG-Alash
Character Class: Paladin
Character Build: Hammerdin
Act: 3, Durance of Hate Level 1
Corpse Looted: Yes
Death Type: PvM (Exploded)

Cause of Demise: As a first hardcore character above level 50 I felt confident that my 75 resist all, 75% block, 10% DR and 1500 life would take care of most potential threat and surely enough, it did. Until I met an extra strong Undead Stygian Doll boss. I was very cautious about encountering these dolls (for obvious reasons) so I made great use of my merc by running into a pack, leaving the merc there, and then run back to safety. Due to the insanely intelligent AI, apparently my merc was stuck in the last room, so when I saw the boss and began running back, he teleported out of nowhere, and made mashed potatoes of the doll - the rest you can guess I'm sure...

Char Name: DR-Riftsin
Char level: 85
Char Class: Assassin
Char Build: Riftkicker/Trapper
Diff: Hell
Act: 5, Throne room
Corpse Looted: Some (Lost an eth Infinity)
Death Type: P vs M vs Wife

So it was just a regular hell baal with about 4 people, I cleared all the way to the throne room solo without any problems because my Riftsin was a tank. We get to the last wave with Lister and his ugly wrinkly buddies and I go and meet them head on. At this time my wife comes out of the bedroom and asks me to help her move the bed and starts ranting about picking up dry cleaning, how I left the dog outside in the rain, ect. ect. ect. BAM, my merc falls instantly and the next thing I know = Deeds.

I was amp'd and hit simultaneouslly by at least 3 of them, useless sheild didn't do a thing. With all my equipment and Fade, I had close to 50% pdr at the time and 1.5k life...hell ubers couldn't even kill me. At least I got looted by some fellow Bananas and got most of my stuff...back to the drawing board :(

Char Name: W-C
Char level: 74
Char Class: Sorceress
Char Build: Blizz
Diff: Hell
Act: 4, CS
Corpse Looted: Nou

Cause of Demise: Was doing CS runs with classic sorc, everything was going smoothly, the runs had taken me from #840 to #707 on the ladder.

In one of the runs, I'm too slow for the Bo. I think I'll be able to do this single run w/o bo, even though she only got 700 life.

Well, my job was to open Lord De Seis seal, and when tele up there someone's alrdy done it and I land in the middle of a HORDE of Fanatasiscm monsters. Without bo.

RIP W-C, most beloved sorc of mine ever. Lost my shard and magefists :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High